Hello GTA modders!
here is a small tool for embedding GTA ASI files directly into your GTA .EXE file. By doing so you do not require any ASI loader anymore; the ASI code is "installed" directly into the EXE!
I call it pefrmdllembed. It works by placing the PE image sections of the DLL file into the EXE file + linking in imports.
In the .zip are example EXE files, example DLL files, two sample ASIs from plugin-sdk by DK22Pac and the tool itself.
Command-line usage: pefrmdllembed.exe *gta.exe* *plugin.asi* *output_gta.exe*
The tool generates a new EXE file with the ASI injected into. Note that not all ASI files will work with this.
Source code: http://pefrm-units.o...rmdllembed.html
SA_CreateCar.asi: Press tab to spawn an Infernus.
VC_PedPainting.asi: Tommy will be painted red.
- 09.04.2017 14:00: fixed a bug for ASIs with static TLS initialization callbacks
- 09.04.2017 15:01: cleaned-up the codebase a bit; removed unnecessary import directory
- 10.04.2017 16:05: fixed "floating point support not loaded" error in certain ASIs
- 10.04.2017 20:49: added basic C++ exception handling to error out less violenty
- 10.04.2017 21:23: more clean-up; added good error message for file-creation error
- 11.04.2017 19:42: fixed embedding of ASI resources; now SilentPatchSA/SkyGFX work for 1.0 US
- 15.04.2017 13:32: support for embedding multiple ASI at once
- 16.04.2017 13:48: now ASI exports go into EXE aswell