how do you get revenge on players who destroy or try to destroy your i

105 replies to this topic
bombkangaroo
  • bombkangaroo

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:27 PM

Mercs are useless. Just ewo and they are gone. And when you call a mugger at the same time, he is gone too.

You'd be surprised at how many people get killed by Mercs. I use them frequently...and if someone does avoid them, I get my GTA$ back. :)

I always let the mercs kill me, it costs the other guy 5 grand, and it's usually not much of an inconvenience to me. 

• Shaytan likes this

kenmy13999
  • kenmy13999

Soldier

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 21 May 2017 - 04:39 PM

I never do MC work in a public lobby, I tried that once, total disaster. As for players who attack me in a public lobby, I give them three chances. If they kill me once or twice, I let them be, but if they come at me a third time, I put a bounty on them. I put it at the highest amount and it's never failed.

I guess I could fight them but A) I'm not a good fighter B) I don't want to fight.

Just curious but do they stop after you put bounty on them?
I'm not in to freemode fighting anymore but when I was I just laughed when someone put a bounty on me after killing them. Sometimes I let a friend collect the bounty and then put a bounty back on the other person

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:12 PM

Mercs are only useful as a distraction. I use them to get my MC trucks out of LS if somebody starts chasing us, that seems to make them go away and they don't bother coming up north to get us.

As to the OP, I'll get out my jet and grief the living hell out of somebody if they blew up a Top range car I'm taking home. If it's standard, I'll go whatever. Medium.... depends if it's a collection car, otherwise I don't care too much

Blaquerayne
  • Blaquerayne

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:47 PM

I never do MC work in a public lobby, I tried that once, total disaster. As for players who attack me in a public lobby, I give them three chances. If they kill me once or twice, I let them be, but if they come at me a third time, I put a bounty on them. I put it at the highest amount and it's never failed.

I guess I could fight them but A) I'm not a good fighter B) I don't want to fight.

Just curious but do they stop after you put bounty on them?
I'm not in to freemode fighting anymore but when I was I just laughed when someone put a bounty on me after killing them. Sometimes I let a friend collect the bounty and then put a bounty back on the other person

Pretty much, although to be honest, I always expect some form of retaliation but it never happens. The only bounties placed on me were from NPC who were angry that I stole their car.

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Creator & GTA Photographer

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:52 PM

Like usual, I just go Passive, grab a boat and trailer and surprise them. Actually, about two days ago I was killed while stocking up with snacks and then had a car destroyed by the same prat. So, when the guy was selling a car, I did my worse, well the boat did actually.

Then as expected... U a hacka, reportid.

Me: K ;)
  • gtafan26, Cackling Jack, bombkangaroo and 1 other like this

sudon't
  • sudon't

Non-Playable Character

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:25 PM

how do you get revenge on players who destroy or try to destroy your i/e  (import / export) cars?

i had one today when i was trying to deliver an entity for which i stood to gain a fare amount of gta $$$.

until a player kept chasing me and blew me up (which pissed me off), i got my revenge by sending mercs after him and placing a bounty on him and (pointlessly voting to kick him).

i did kill him and got the bounty from him. :lol:

It seems that a lot of people’s strategy is to avoid having to play the game. I get it. Sometimes you just want to take the easy way, and make money with no hassles. Then, there are still people who can’t seem to understand why people are trying to kill them in Freemode, (it’s because that’s what Freemode is for - that is the game). R* placed these activities in Freemode because they expect others to attack you, (if that wasn’t clear), and they expect you to defend yourself. That’s why you have an Organization. 

The best way to do these things is with friends. Friends, as opposed to other randoms, will stick around and help you, if for no other reason than that they want you to help them in turn. Having a core group of online friends is really the key to almost every activity in this game. I’m amazed at how many people don’t seem to get that. If you’re in a Lobby with a bunch of your friends, that’s that many fewer people shooting at you, and even if they can’t all fit in your Organization, they can still help defend whatever you’re moving. If you always have someone providing air support, it becomes difficult for griefers to approach you. You have your three guys on the ground moving stuff, then your best pilot in either a jet or a chopper. If you have to, get out of whatever vehicles you’re driving, and defend the stuff. The best revenge is to prevent them destroying your stuff to begin with. And, failing that, all your friends now turn their attention to the griefer and pound him out of the Lobby. Turn on your mic, and make some friends. It’s a lot more fun that way.

N R G

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:34 PM

i try but i suck at combat so they usually kill me a few more times in my attempt to get revenge then i just turn off my PS4 because it gets too embarrassing lmao

• Happy Hunter likes this

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

HYPOCRISY IS THICK HERE.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:36 PM

i try but i suck at combat so they usually kill me a few more times in my attempt to get revenge then i just turn off my PS4 because it gets too embarrassing lmao

You could practice.

N R G

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:37 PM Edited by N R G, 22 May 2017 - 12:38 PM.

You could practice.

aint got time with work, uni and life. i spend more time on here than i do actually playing, when i do play it's usually just for like 2 hours or so every 3 weeks maybe. miss being younger...

• Happy Hunter likes this

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

HYPOCRISY IS THICK HERE.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:39 PM

You could practice.

aint got time with work, uni and life. i spend more time on here than i do actually playing, when i do play it's usually just for like 2 hours or so every 3 weeks maybe. miss being younger...

Ah. I am pretty lucky I am able to play quite a bit.
  • N R G likes this

wosniies
  • wosniies

Viking

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:47 PM

I only stole cars to unlock the sv missions, but normally i just made my own empty lobby for that. But last night, a good friend of mine wanted to help me steal the last cars i needed, I wanted to empty a lobby, but we though "f*ck it" and decided to try.  And of course there are people who want to destroy our car. But as my friend drives off with the stolen car, I decide to stay and kill the people who try to follow him. First took his hydra down with my buzzard, then snipe him and the other dude who came along. Vehicle got succesfully stored to my storage and I left the place to move on to next car, but the guy who desperately tried to kill us, he wanted his revenge and the amount of time he went ghost, off radar, picked up a hydra was a lot, so we stayed and joined his sh*tfest of trials to kill us. Ended up with him sending lots of messages containing me being a loser and whatnot. After his last try of killing me with a hydra, I RPG`d his hydra down. But he had his pride. But not wanting to give this guy more attention, we went to my apartment and stayed there while he was waiting for us. 

Moral of the story is; if you gonna be a douche, dont expect others to be nice back. 
If I see someone try to destroy someone`s i/e work, (friends or not) I will do my best to kill them (:

• gtafan26, sebcreed and bombkangaroo like this

The Wandering Hunter
  • The Wandering Hunter

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:34 PM

how do you get revenge on players who destroy or try to destroy your i/e  (import / export) cars?
i had one today when i was trying to deliver an entity for which i stood to gain a fare amount of gta $$$.
until a player kept chasing me and blew me up (which pissed me off), i got my revenge by sending mercs after him and placing a bounty on him and (pointlessly voting to kick him).

so you got revenge on him costing you money by costing yourself more money?
as a griefer, i approve
ok

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast and shoot at enemies in gta.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:12 PM

so you got revenge on him costing you money by costing yourself more money?
as a griefer, i approve
ok

i got most of my bounty $$$ back except lester's cut.

HopalongCasidy
  • HopalongCasidy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:30 PM

Usually if they have the chance to blow me up, I am using the I/E car to bait them into a fight anyway.  

dieseltech20
  • dieseltech20

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:43 PM

I don't......

sebcreed
  • sebcreed

Player Hater... Not!

• Members
  • Olympics
  • Best Event 2014 [Van Society Meets]

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:46 AM

I only stole cars to unlock the sv missions, but normally i just made my own empty lobby for that. But last night, a good friend of mine wanted to help me steal the last cars i needed, I wanted to empty a lobby, but we though "f*ck it" and decided to try.  And of course there are people who want to destroy our car. But as my friend drives off with the stolen car, I decide to stay and kill the people who try to follow him. First took his hydra down with my buzzard, then snipe him and the other dude who came along. Vehicle got succesfully stored to my storage and I left the place to move on to next car, but the guy who desperately tried to kill us, he wanted his revenge and the amount of time he went ghost, off radar, picked up a hydra was a lot, so we stayed and joined his sh*tfest of trials to kill us. Ended up with him sending lots of messages containing me being a loser and whatnot. After his last try of killing me with a hydra, I RPG`d his hydra down. But he had his pride. But not wanting to give this guy more attention, we went to my apartment and stayed there while he was waiting for us. 

Moral of the story is; if you gonna be a douche, dont expect others to be nice back. 
If I see someone try to destroy someone`s i/e work, (friends or not) I will do my best to kill them (:

Haha, yeah I remember that... But damn you I STILL have to RPG a Hydra. It's on my to do list but cannot for the life of me manage to do it!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users