how do you get revenge on players who destroy or try to destroy your i

105 replies to this topic
derek0514
  • derek0514

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Let's say a player killed you 10 times or more while u left your player idle. Would u want revenge? How would u go about it and track him down?

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

FURIOUS STYLES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Why idle not in passive...garage or yacht?

fartypants
  • fartypants

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

how do you get revenge on players who destroy or try to destroy your i/e  (import / export) cars?

i had one today when i was trying to deliver an entity for which i stood to gain a fare amount of gta $$$.

until a player kept chasing me and blew me up (which pissed me off), i got my revenge by sending mercs after him and placing a bounty on him and (pointlessly voting to kick him).

i did kill him and got the bounty from him. :lol:

If I'm grinding hard, I'll call mercs and just keep grinding. Also send the mugger at the same time. If the player is fighting the mercs the mugger can knock him down in the middle of the firefight. Bad news for the target. :evilgrin:

• Forza Harrd and MrPimp like this

Big Muse
  • Big Muse

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'm brought back to the good ol' days every time I blow up a I/E car. A time before homing launchers. A time before vehicle lock-ons, when the Buzzard rockets would need to be delivered unguided and no insurance payment was needed if they were actively driving. A time when you couldn't fire and forget your way to victory.

• Forza Harrd and kovaandr like this

Forza Harrd
  • Forza Harrd

Chef

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Let's say a player killed you 10 times or more while u left your player idle. Would u want revenge? How would u go about it and track him down?

Why would you want revenge when you did something stupid like leaving your player on the street idle?

If what you really want is to fix your k/d ratio I recommend proxy mines outside of LSC.

SHOKKERZ91
  • SHOKKERZ91

Flying Savage 24/7

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 2 weeks ago

how do you get revenge on players who destroy or try to destroy your i/e  (import / export) cars?

i had one today when i was trying to deliver an entity for which i stood to gain a fare amount of gta $$$.

until a player kept chasing me and blew me up (which pissed me off), i got my revenge by sending mercs after him and placing a bounty on him and (pointlessly voting to kick him).

If I'm grinding hard, I'll call mercs and just keep grinding. Also send the mugger at the same time. If the player is fighting the mercs the mugger can knock him down in the middle of the firefight. Bad news for the target. :evilgrin:

Mercs are useless. Just ewo and they are gone. And when you call a mugger at the same time, he is gone too.

• DEADLY-BREED likes this

BlackMilk
  • BlackMilk

A Forgettable Killer

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 2 weeks ago

My revenge is time travel. I go back in time to a point where they never destroyed my stock. Then I try to get into an empty session and sell there instead. The result? I've never had any of my stuff blown up by anyone. Yet.

• gtafan26 likes this

LanaSugoi
  • LanaSugoi

All Things' end / Genki Girl

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

My revenge is time travel. I go back in time to a point where they never destroyed my stock. Then I try to get into an empty session and sell there instead. The result? I've never had any of my stuff blown up by anyone. Yet.

how do you time travel ? using police box :p ?

my retaliation is just relentless griefing over and over till they ragequit

BlackMilk
  • BlackMilk

A Forgettable Killer

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 2 weeks ago

Oh no, good sir!

Pure mindpower. I travel back in time with mindpower. Either that or I've just imagined people coming after me in the hypothetical situation of collecting and selling crates and product in filled sessions and I've chosen to avoid that situation by taking safety measures.

It's not cowardice if it's smart and makes you rich! Is it?

LanaSugoi
  • LanaSugoi

All Things' end / Genki Girl

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Oh no, good sir!

Pure mindpower. I travel back in time with mindpower. Either that or I've just imagined people coming after me in the hypothetical situation of collecting and selling crates and product in filled sessions and I've chosen to avoid that situation by taking safety measures.

It's not cowardice if it's smart and makes you rich! Is it?

That's hilarious... :p

fartypants
  • fartypants

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by fartypants, 2 weeks ago.

Mercs are useless. Just ewo and they are gone. And when you call a mugger at the same time, he is gone too.

Sure it doesn't always work (although it surprises me how often it does and even on players with some levels on them), but it's funny when it does.

Freddie Gecko
  • Freddie Gecko

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 2 weeks ago

Wen people kill me and blow up my supplies like never! I get out my marksman pistol an flare gun and grief kill everyone in the lobby till they leave cause i'm the bestest. -your average player

Just move on. Don't go looking for grudges.
  • Forza Harrd likes this

Gettin up
  • Gettin up

Peon

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 2 weeks ago

Hydra is always a good thing and then calling a friend or two to help you with the problem.

XXI
  • XXI

set 'em on fire

• Daily Globe
  • Wales
  • The Baddest Female
    Best CL Fan
    Best New Member 2015

Posted 2 weeks ago

Sometimes I retire then ask whoever destroys my sh*t to hire me, most times they do. When I'm close to them, I retire then open fire. It's a bitch move but I play the "I just wanna make money bro" type card.

Other times I'll use ghost org, play dirty to get a kill back on them.
  • gtafan26, IamCourtney and Happy Hunter like this

derek0514
  • derek0514

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by derek0514, A week ago.

Find an optimal / low pop lobby. It's discussed here on these boards. This will eliminate your problem.

Work in optimal Lobby w friends / crew mates. Just vote kick problem players. Works like a charm. Frankly dunno why these turd bozos want grief but just get rid if them. If a random appears in Lobby w bounty probably kicked from another one. Kick him.

Otherwise bounty, vote to kick.

Many times after login I will run run PP in low pop lobby get easy 30k. Many times they will all have left when it's over especially late at nite. Randoms can still appear (and be hostiles) so be on guard - I have found this frequent if operating from highly active relative large crew and rare or zero if operating w low pop or inactive crew. One crew it seems always draw them in sooner or later. I keep a track a tally of how many from my crews active in a session so get feel which ones active for various reasons.

If y operating y biz in high pop lobby there wb losses.
  • gtafan26 likes this

wizooord
  • wizooord

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

you do not mess with another players cargo/cars/drugs, i don't care what the game instructs you to do, not even for fireworks ammo, engage and you're automatically the worst human being on your side of the planet at that moment in time, and you need to die. alot.

ill chase you and kill you till i had enough then wait till your friends do their business and f*ck up their day destroying stuff repeatedly and tell em they have you to thank for that :@

don't be rude, keep you mitts out of other people's affairs :O

• Blaquerayne likes this

AmyStone
  • AmyStone

Amy Stone

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

They never do destroy my cars. I'm usually in an empty public session when doing any MC or CEO work. In the unlikely event that I steal cars with others in the session then I go off radar when they start to get close.

• Hécate-II likes this

xCarlaP_x
  • xCarlaP_x

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago Edited by xCarlaP_x, A week ago.

They never do destroy my cars. I'm usually in an empty public session when doing any MC or CEO work. In the unlikely event that I steal cars with others in the session then I go off radar when they start to get close.
You can still see the car icon when you go off the radar I think. Not sure about ghost org though.

I had one guy destroy my supplies. I didn't care as they're free anyway, but he messaged me saying "that was a warning if you messed with mine". Utterly bizarre way of trying to keep the peace. Anyway. Decided to blow up his crates or supplies forgot what they were and he had a minor meltdown about it and left the lobby.

jazzbone
  • jazzbone

Thug

• Members

Posted A week ago Edited by jazzbone, A week ago.

There is no real revenge. Money lost is not recovered and the player that attacked suffers no loss. Spending time and money in retaliation increases your losses and adds to the attackers pleasure. 

For me open lobbies is not for any serious money making activities like impot/ export. The npc's offer plenty to deal with while in a solo public lobby  when i attempt to steal high end cars to sell with an 80K profit goal. Having  players attacking in jets to also deal with along npc's is too much.

Tricking into solo in a public lobby for i/e is the way to avoid attacks from randumbs. Let not being available for attack be your revenge. 

• AmyStone likes this

Hunter241
  • Hunter241

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago Edited by Hunter241, A week ago.

Beyond bounty or vote to kick revenge a waste of time.

No it's not, can be fun

I was helping my brother sell some cars, couple CEOs destroyed his so he got his Savage, I got my Hydra and caused havoc on them

One rage quit, one decided to sell a car when he thought it was over so. So blew up his car and he rage quit too

The f*ck with you, f*ck with them

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Stealing I/E cars and delivering them yourself is legit. Setting out to destroy them with no provocation, just to p**s the other player off makes you a gimp. 

• gtafan26 and kovaandr like this

size_m
  • size_m

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted A week ago

do you guys really think that mercaneries or bounty would be a good revenge or even punishment?

if i get "punished" like that i only smile about it.

mercaneries are no threat to me because they are easy to defeat or even to avoid completely (i.e. in the underground).

bounty is nothing bad either.

i even enjoy to have a bounty on me as it (sometimes) draws potential victims to me (and into my ambush).

but most of the times nobody cares about getting bounties anyway so it doesn't make any difference if you got a bounty on you or not.

also insurance costs are not a "punishment" at all (like some people think) if you have enough money.

actually there are no real "revenge or punishment tools" provided by the game.

you can only get your revenge or punish someon else by your actions.

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted A week ago Edited by Yinepi, A week ago.

Glitch into solo public lobby? Revenge is pointless to me. I play this game to have fun, and revenge isn't fun it's just childish.

• gtafan26 likes this

TankGirl
  • TankGirl

Jets are a girls bestfriend :)

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by TankGirl, A week ago.

Spoiler

I like to send mercs, mugger and bounty because some people do care and get all worked about it and that makes me smile.

No, if you do not go passive then you are just asking for trouble. I had some guy kill me just the other day for no reason and then decided it would be smart to go away from keyboard, I snipped him 18 times.

• gtafan26 likes this

Strikeslip
  • Strikeslip

I'm a LOVER, not a FIGHTER !

• Feroci
  • Canada

Posted 6 days ago

A friend and I saw TWO I/E cars on their way to be sold.

By their path, I figured they were going to the winery NW of the city. We went ghost, landed at the winery and waited. When the two cars arrived, my friend killed the drivers and we each took one and headed south. They appeared to by fully modded as well. The police point was way down at the station by the Vespucci Canals. We drove the cars all the way there, but didn't go into the corona for the $5K. Instead, we parked them neatly next to each other, in spots nearby. Who needs 5K?

We then went on our way to my friend's yacht and started a Piracy Prevention, expecting the pair to come after us for revenge, but the CEO left the lobby.

I felt a little bad, but we had a pretty big laugh over it. We don't usually do cruel things.

• gtafan26 likes this

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

You'd be surprised at how many people get killed by Mercs. I use them frequently...and if someone does avoid them, I get my GTA$ back. :)

• gtafan26 likes this

BlackMilk
  • BlackMilk

A Forgettable Killer

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 6 days ago

There is no real revenge. Money lost is not recovered and the player that attacked suffers no loss. Spending time and money in retaliation increases your losses and adds to the attackers pleasure. 

For me open lobbies is not for any serious money making activities like impot/ export. The npc's offer plenty to deal with while in a solo public lobby  when i attempt to steal high end cars to sell with an 80K profit goal. Having  players attacking in jets to also deal with along npc's is too much.

Tricking into solo in a public lobby for i/e is the way to avoid attacks from randumbs. Let not being available for attack be your revenge. 

Revenge does not mean recovery of stolen or destroyed goods.

If someone murders someone you care about and that results in you killing them, that's not revenge because the first victim is not brought back to life?

Revenge, payback, an eye for an eye, it's whatever players imagine it to be. For some it can be as little as getting a single kill on a player who has killed them ten times in a row. For others it's messing with someone in any way after they've lost product to them.

Fully agree with everything else though. Like I've explained at least twice rather passionately in other threads, the only place for someone serious about making money with CEO/MC businesses is an empty public session. Wether you believe revenge is impossible or real or not, I have never had any need for it on account of using empty sessions to sell my stuff. And even then there's plenty of other concerns like having to fly a cargoplane through thick smoke which may or may not be hiding some kind of obstacle.

I've collected stuff in sessions that weren't empty. When the MC update came out I spent some hours in public free aim sessions, gathering lots of crates, some MC supplies. It was all rather peaceful and noone ever attacked me, so long as the number of players stayed under ten and (nearly) everyone was in an organisation or club. If violence broke out somewhere, people started leaving. It wasn't particularly unsafe but worst case scenario there was losing some supplies that cost me nothing but some time to pick up or a couple grand for two (maybe three) crates. Doesn't compare to the risk of losing hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of items or product. Or even in the millions with large warehouses either with or without a sale bonus.

Zombified Andy
  • Zombified Andy

Master of procrastination

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 4 days ago Edited by Zombified Andy, 4 days ago.

Track down their IP address. Using the plenty resources available online track their location down (and search for the possibility of being a VPN address). Finally, time to log into Tor, go to the depths of the Web and run an auction for an hitman willing to take the job for lesser.

... What?

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 4 days ago Edited by jpm1, 4 days ago.

feed 'em with what they're trying to feed you with. but best way is to play a public session in solo. no problems whatever

Blaquerayne
  • Blaquerayne

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

I never do MC work in a public lobby, I tried that once, total disaster. As for players who attack me in a public lobby, I give them three chances. If they kill me once or twice, I let them be, but if they come at me a third time, I put a bounty on them. I put it at the highest amount and it's never failed.

I guess I could fight them but A) I'm not a good fighter B) I don't want to fight.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users