Photo

Why grief?

899 replies to this topic
Jenkiiii
  • Jenkiiii

Looking Good In The Hood

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:26 PM Edited by Jenkiiii, 30 April 2017 - 06:28 PM.

I have forged online relationships with those something to add to the conversation.  I know why furry monkey ignores others.  The same reason I do.  We don't want to hear what certain others have to say.  Makes the day go much smoother.

But do you brag about it showing who you ignore or just ignore?? Thats the difference

I didn't brag about it - I thought it was funny seeing so many bunched together and shared it.  Where's the bragging in that??  How is ignoring people so you don't see what they post something to brag about?  I literally have no idea how you think that.

Did something furry squeak? Let me check my ignore list.

Touché, banana boy, you're the first on mine :lol:

CaptainMarvel
  • CaptainMarvel

MSpaintophiliac

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:58 PM

This is like being a kid at the dinner table while the parents fight.

I'm so aroused.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:17 PM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 30 April 2017 - 08:18 PM.

Ignoring is all good, I do it. To show it at the comunity who you ignore may trigger a fight/argument causing the modders to close this interesting thread, plus I dont think its necesary to make someones opinion feal inferior due to your show the list of your ignored users. Just keep it for your self and keep your day smooth ;)

I explained why I posted it as a courtesy - I did not have to, and the people I ignore are most likely not even vaguely bothered by it, or probably even glad.  There's no-one trying to make anyone feel inferior here.  At least you've dropped the "bragging" idiocy now.

And as for your advice, you do what you want, and I'll do what I want  ;)

CaptainMarvel
  • CaptainMarvel

MSpaintophiliac

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:18 PM

This is getting so hot...

*swoons*
  • Happy Hunter likes this

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Tyrant Donald Trump's First Extrajudicial Killing Target

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:25 PM

I have forged online relationships with those something to add to the conversation.  I know why furry monkey ignores others.  The same reason I do.  We don't want to hear what certain others have to say.  Makes the day go much smoother.

But do you brag about it showing who you ignore or just ignore?? Thats the difference

I didn't brag about it - I thought it was funny seeing so many bunched together and shared it.  Where's the bragging in that??  How is ignoring people so you don't see what they post something to brag about?  I literally have no idea how you think that.

My ignore list is 8 pages. It helps keep sanity. Funny enough, about two pages of the people I ignore are BUSTED!

I do remove people from my ignore list once they stop drowning me in stupidity. The main reason for doing it is to avoid nonsensical arguments on a regular basis. It is simply to filter out what you don't want to hear or have already heard enough, so you can focus on people who are less instigative.

Uncle Sikee Atric
  • Uncle Sikee Atric

Everyone's favorite Uncle, but not Led-By.

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:28 PM

Ignore list boasting....

Let me settle back and relax.

7eurW.gif

• gtafan26, zoso80, DarkSavageDeathlyCloud and 2 others like this

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

Where did I park my Tornado?

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:32 PM

if this is what passes for drama then either I've seen too much sh*t or these forums are super calm

• Blasterman4EVER likes this

The-Irish-Hunter
  • The-Irish-Hunter

Beep Beep, I'm a Helicopter.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:41 PM

What is this, an ignore list war?

I have one person on mine. I try not to live in a safe space.

• zoso80, DarkSavageDeathlyCloud, CaptainMarvel and 1 other like this

CaptainMarvel
  • CaptainMarvel

MSpaintophiliac

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:48 PM

I'm at 0.00 but would be kind of interesting to find out who might've put you and I on ignore.

Like driving slowly by a massive car wreck out of morbid curiosity.
  • Jenkiiii likes this

The-Irish-Hunter
  • The-Irish-Hunter

Beep Beep, I'm a Helicopter.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:51 PM

I'm at 0.00 but would be kind of interesting to find out who might've put you and I on ignore.

Like driving slowly by a massive car wreck out of morbid curiosity.

I know a couple people who apparently have me on ignore.

It doesn't stop them from replying to me, of course.

• CaptainMarvel and Happy Hunter like this

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:51 PM Edited by Blasterman4EVER, 30 April 2017 - 08:52 PM.

Maybe you weren't here 2 years ago, when there were about 10 different CHROME ADDER accounts, among many other even more annoying spam accounts. Most of the people on my ignore list aren't even here or participating anymore.

Jenkiiii
  • Jenkiiii

Looking Good In The Hood

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:55 PM

I'm trying to think of something really really really nasty to say to the whole lot of you, like go and swivel on a giant dildo or something, but it's cracking me up too much :lol: 

The more you try to offend other people with insults, ignores, slights and subtle troll-isms the more you reveal yourself to be a fragile character underneath.

You're all a bunch of bastards by the way :lol: .

• Blasterman4EVER likes this

Ghoffman9
  • Ghoffman9

Friendly?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:00 PM Edited by Ghoffman9, 30 April 2017 - 09:02 PM.

My ignore list is 8 pages. It helps keep sanity. Funny enough, about two pages of the people I ignore are BUSTED!

I do remove people from my ignore list once they stop drowning me in stupidity. The main reason for doing it is to avoid nonsensical arguments on a regular basis. It is simply to filter out what you don't want to hear or have already heard enough, so you can focus on people who are less instigative.

If you're like that I think you would to very well at a college campus. Those weirdos love their safe spaces.

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:07 PM Edited by Blasterman4EVER, 30 April 2017 - 09:08 PM.

If you're like that I think you would to very well at a college campus. Those weirdos love their safe spaces.

Did you just say that people who go to universities are weirdos who love safe spaces? While also not using proper grammar? Are you one of those alternative facts people who believes that higher education is the opposite? I... I... ----

Yeah......

The ignore list is an excellent feature.

Anything else I have left to say here would get me banned, so I'm done.

Uncle Sikee Atric
  • Uncle Sikee Atric

• United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:08 PM

Damn!

One day we'll get you, one day....
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud likes this

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:11 PM

All this talk of ignoring people... Dear, dear, dear... I never ignore, don't know how either... Lol...

Even if the person talks nonsense, insults or whatever... I like to discuss GTA, granted, I had a bad start, and I still don't know how to use this site fully, but I'm learning to be more productive as opposed to my aggressive stance I had at times, had to block a couple from PMing me, but still read opinions... I choose what to engage and tr to give my opinions is all... Simples.

Makes for good filler between jobs in-game, coffee breaks at work, and my morning brew though... Glad I joined in the end...

• Blasterman4EVER, DarkSavageDeathlyCloud and Jenkiiii like this

Jenkiiii
  • Jenkiiii

Looking Good In The Hood

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:11 PM

People who don't go to university and drop out of the educational system in order to play GTA online all day are lovely, well balanced people :lol:

I think most of us have sussed each other out by now LOL

Ghoffman9
  • Ghoffman9

Friendly?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:13 PM

Did you just say that people who go to universities are weirdos who love safe spaces? While also not using proper grammar? Are you one of those alternative facts people who believes that higher education is the opposite? I... I... ----

Yeah......

The ignore list is an excellent feature.

Ah come on dude I was just having a little fun there, if you learn to lighten up a little I imagine that list of yours would get much smaller.

I can imagine if some asshat keeps following you around trying to troll you and sh*t but I never found someone disagreeing with me as being worthy of being put on my ignore list. There are a few peeps here I disagreed with in the past but can still have conversations with them after the fact.

• Jenkiiii and KWF1981 like this

Uncle Sikee Atric
  • Uncle Sikee Atric

• United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:27 PM Edited by Uncle Sikee Atric, 30 April 2017 - 09:27 PM.

Ah come on dude I was just having a little fun there, if you learn to lighten up a little I imagine that list of yours would get much smaller.
I can imagine if some asshat keeps following you around trying to troll you and sh*t but I never found someone disagreeing with me as being worthy of being put on my ignore list. There are a few peeps here I disagreed with in the past but can still have conversations with them after the fact.

You get used to his behaviour and if you don't idolize him and agree with everything he says, he drops you onto his ignore list. (I know I am on it, so I talk freely, knowing he doesn't care / bother to read my posts.)
  • zoso80 likes this

Ghoffman9
  • Ghoffman9

Friendly?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:35 PM

You get used to his behaviour and if you don't idolize him and agree with everything he says, he drops you onto his ignore list. (I know I am on it, so I talk freely, knowing he doesn't care / bother to read my posts.)

Which to me defeats the whole purpose of even being on a forum. The world does not revolve around any one of us, you're gonna meet people you won't always agree with. Get a thicker skin and deal with it.

• zoso80, Uncle Sikee Atric and KWF1981 like this

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:53 PM

Griefing within a topic about gaming griefing has occurred.

Thank goodness I never put anyone on the ignore list.

Seeing these pointless internet arguments, where nobody's' words really have any value to others personally, makes me feel superior.

• DarkSavageDeathlyCloud likes this

Conici
  • Conici

Loveable Jerk

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:12 PM

Maybe you weren't here 2 years ago, when there were about 10 different CHROME ADDER accounts, among many other even more annoying spam accounts. Most of the people on my ignore list aren't even here or participating anymore.

lmao you were the one who use to cry about the LSC money glitches constantly 

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

OPPRESSOR OVERLORD

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:37 PM

Everyone has their own choices to make. I put those on ignore that crossed the line in my book. It is my book and I am the author. The 2 that sent me pm death threats and the 1 that called my daughter a whore were the 1st to get ignored.

I like it here and had to ignore some to keep my wits and membership.
  • gtafan26 and KWF1981 like this

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2017 - 11:54 PM

lmao you were the one who use to cry about the LSC money glitches constantly 

There is nothing but honor in complaining about LSC money glitches.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 30 April 2017 - 11:57 PM

I don't suppose ya'll could get on topic after this post ;)
  • CaptainMarvel and ragedandcaged like this

Blaquerayne
  • Blaquerayne

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2017 - 03:52 AM

Asking people why they attack others will give you different versions of the same answer: because it's fun.

I get it, in this type of setting, it's too easy to go after others, but there needs to be a safe place for those who just want to play the game. I shouldn't have to look for a empty lobby just to do MC or CEO work. Rockstar had to know people were gonna go after other players, it's human nature, they should have had options for everyone.

Smokewood
  • Smokewood

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:37 PM

Story mode blows on-line away!

gtafan26
  • gtafan26

Burnt Spy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 May 2017 - 03:25 AM Edited by gtafan26, 02 May 2017 - 03:25 AM.

Everyone has their own choices to make. I put those on ignore that crossed the line in my book. It is my book and I am the author. The 2 that sent me pm death threats and the 1 that called my daughter a whore were the 1st to get ignored.

I like it here and had to ignore some to keep my wits and membership.

Having a daughter myself, yeah, that is crossing the line a bit, pretty f**ked up , but, not surprising with this games player base.

• DarkSavageDeathlyCloud, KWF1981 and ragedandcaged like this

gtafan26
  • gtafan26

Burnt Spy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 May 2017 - 03:30 AM

On topic, why-grief

I dont spend a lot of time doing PVP , or in public lobbies these days, but last few day's I wanted to take part in some PvP,  and today, I ended up somewhat griefing other players, and you know what, it was fun.  Now, I must say, 95% of the players I killed deserved it,  all were not white dot players, and few were pay backs ,  so I would pay back the kill, and then added two more kills, or more,  finally got around doing the Fully Loaded method, and holly hell that was a blast.

You know, I am not even sure if what I was doing is considered griefing to be honest,  so carry on.

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

OPPRESSOR OVERLORD

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:20 AM

Nothing beats owning a lobby and having 17 players just standing around...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users