Demo Songs

4 replies to this topic
Atari-Dude
  • Atari-Dude

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I've always loved Strutter, and I was glad to see it in San Andreas. But when I heard the demo version of it, I enjoyed a lot more. That version had voices that sound more passionate, and it seemed a lot less produced overall. I really like the sound of it. If you want, you can take a listen here:

Craig
  • Craig

Aloha Gluesniffers

• None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted 2 weeks ago

I was going to lock this unfortunately, seeing as it's quite a narrow window for discussion. However, I decided to just move into the music section and open the floor for demo versions of any track people feel like sharing and talking about. As it stands, I do quite like Kiss. I know they're a bit campy but that's part of their charm.

If we're talking about demo songs in general, Rod Stewart brought out a box set a few years ago which held some rarities and alternate takes of his more popular songs. As solid as "Maggie May" is, I've always been partial to the early version found on that collection. I'd share a video but it's nowhere on YouTube...

Something I did find though was an acoustic demo of "Gold Dust Woman" by Fleetwood Mac, which is found on their remastered deluxe edition of Rumours.

Atari-Dude
  • Atari-Dude

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Good idea! Here are some other interesting demos I have found as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JjM9tuKZI8&index=9&list=PL-k2tSAAnBCYBecj4sAwKKsYT2b7RtelD

• DOUGL4S1 likes this

Atari-Dude
  • Atari-Dude

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Also, this is an early version of Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb" called "The Doctor"

Achlys
  • Achlys

Property Of ShadowPerson

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 2 weeks ago

A demo by my favorite metal band.

It contains my favorite version of What the Heck Richard Speck!? It sounds more aggressive and rawer than the one on Sinister Slaughter.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users