Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V - running on low end PC with good FPS at high settings.

4 replies to this topic
LIFESAGTA
  • LIFESAGTA

Player Hater

• New Members
  • None

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:48 PM Edited by LIFESAGTA, 06 April 2017 - 03:50 PM.

Hey people, this topic was made to share the solution of the problem of running GTA V on a PC or even a laptop with low end specifications. If you're playing GTA V with very low FPS, here are a list of small things that might help you:

1: Change the Graphics card control panel settings for best performance (meant for NVIDIA, AMD and even Intel's 'Graphics Properties' option.

2: Prefer to stay at Windows 7 OS or directly upgrade to Windows 10 OS. Never ever install Windows 8 / 8.1.

3: Set the total paging file size option to 1.5 times your RAM memory in virtual memory settings (Click on 'Properties' of your PC > then click on 'Advanced system settings' > under Performance region, click 'Settings' > click 'Advanced' tab > under Virtual memory, click 'Change' > set Initial and Final size to 1.5 times your PC RAM for Selected Drive: C only).

4: Before starting the game, I select the best performance option in visual effects settings (again through PC Properties) and sometimes I set the game's priority to "High" (through Task Manager).

Conclusion:
GTA V runs between 26 - 30 FPS in Very High + High settings and it runs at 38+ FPS with normal settings!

Video: 

Monkeypolice188
  • Monkeypolice188

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:42 PM

Yep, great way to destroy your PC!

People have to face that if your PC isn't anywhere near capable of running the game, there is no way around it - PC hardware is built for its purpose, and if a low-end PC was built for high-end games, then please, where are flying pigs? Trying to get around very low PC hardware specs and STILL running games on high settings isn't particularly ideal, higher end PCs don't have the "safety" measures that gaming PCs have, i.e., you'll probably end up destroying your PC's hardware. 

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:21 PM

Yep, great way to destroy your PC!

People have to face that if your PC isn't anywhere near capable of running the game, there is no way around it - PC hardware is built for its purpose, and if a low-end PC was built for high-end games, then please, where are flying pigs? Trying to get around very low PC hardware specs and STILL running games on high settings isn't particularly ideal, higher end PCs don't have the "safety" measures that gaming PCs have, i.e., you'll probably end up destroying your PC's hardware. 

destroy your pc?

dude !!! did you even read the post?

• Tomasak likes this

IFLATLINEI
  • IFLATLINEI

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:45 PM Edited by IFLATLINEI, 17 April 2017 - 12:08 AM.

Hey guys new here!

Yeah so......there are safeguards built into PC components to guard against overheating and damage. Could it still happen? Sure but why wouldn't you try and get every last bit of performance you can?

My Rig is a Joke. No BS I bought it at Office Max on sale. Its a Gateway medium tower. https://www.amazon.c...ed-ManufacturerI've had it now for a few years. I payed about $250 for it and it came with 8 gigs of cheap ram, a cheap terrabyte HDD and sported Intel HD graphics. I added a 120 gig SSD for just Windows and a cheap 500 watt power supply to support a GTX 960 2gig. I almost got GTA5 maxed out. I'm using right up to the 2 gig memory but I'm pretty much locked at 60fps.

When monitoring the CPU and GPU I can see them both really working hard. The PC won't handle any other tasks which is fine cuz I only use it to watch movies or for gaming but never at the same time. At 1920x1080 this crap rig does just fine and I don't care if it breaks. I'll fix it.

OP- Thanks for posting your settings. It confirmed a couple things for me. One thing I don't see is V Sync. This made a huge difference for me but don't enable it in game. Do it in the Nvidia control panel

ViceBoy69
  • ViceBoy69

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:56 PM

How is it going to destroy his pc ? it will either run or it wont, saying it will destroy his pc is like saying you have seen fairies as the bottom of your garden.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users