InstaNoodles
  • InstaNoodles

Goes through you in 3 minutes

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

watched spectrals on netflix
movie was hella dope :)

Let's keep the conversation about 13 Reasons Why. Spectrals was a cool movie, but this isn't the thread for it.
  • Scaglietti likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 2 weeks ago

Why this show still make me feel sad? My mom was watching in this past week so I heard parts of it again.

slohbur
  • slohbur

- - -✄- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Major Contribution Award [GTAF Census]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 2 weeks ago

Just finished this great show. Reminded me of Life is Strange. Killer soundtrack.

• Spider-Vice likes this

RogerWho
  • RogerWho

"Life is... weird."

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 2 weeks ago

Can someone recommend some other utterly depressing young adult shows or movies? I kinda got into it.

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Can someone recommend some other utterly depressing young adult shows or movies? I kinda got into it.

Paper Towns, Worlds Greatest Dad. i wouldnt say they are utterly depressing, well worlds greatest dad goes from funniest movie for the first half to utterly depressing for the second. Paper Towns just has momenets of utterly depressing situations.  as for shows probably An American Crime, but it just got cancelled by ABC.  

RogerWho
  • RogerWho

"Life is... weird."

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted A week ago

Thanks, will check those.

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted A week ago Edited by Ai家妯b家, A week ago.

Literally just finished it and

Spoiler

I wish they gave us an epilogue episode. It would have been more satisfying than the ending they gave us. More time to see the outcomes of the show. I heard they were planning on a second season, but I'm not sure how it'll play out. It should've probably ended with just one season.

Spoiler

My eldest who just turned 12 wants to watch this show, so far i have told her no but i think it might be a good thing for her to watch as it talks about taboo subjects such as

Spoiler
everything that's affecting young teens these days so i think i am going to let her watch it but only with me so we can talk about it afterwards but i still don't know still on the fence

InstaNoodles
  • InstaNoodles

Goes through you in 3 minutes

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Spoiler

Coming from another teenager, I'd personally tell you to wait, but it depends on the maturity of your daughter. If she seems mature enough, then she can probably handle it. If she doesn't, I'd tell her to avoid the show for awhile. But again, it's all up to you.

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted A week ago

Spoiler

Coming from another teenager, I'd personally tell you to wait, but it depends on the maturity of your daughter. If she seems mature enough, then she can probably handle it. If she doesn't, I'd tell her to avoid the show for awhile. But again, it's all up to you.

Yeah it in my complete control, The only way she can watch Netflix is in the main room on the smart TV and only after i log in for her so i know what she's watching.

She's mature for her age, She had to grow up a little faster then most kids with her mom and i splitting up and her mom moving back to the U.K so she grew up alot faster with household chores, babysitting her sister after school and such so i give her some leeway she's an intelligent young lady very smart and mature but like i said i'm still completing on it or not.

Her friends at school parents don't keep such a tight leash on their kids so she hears about the show all the time at school but i don't want that to be the only reason i let her watch it, She doesn't care about fitting in that way anyways...

Maybe after she graduate the 7th grade i'll let her watch it over the summer that gives me a few months to think about it

Arrow
  • Arrow

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted A week ago

I finished this today. It's definitely one of the well-laid dramas around. The cast is really mature and delivered some excellent performance. Katherine's a great debutant and the suspense built up after a few episodes, prompting a binge watch. The gory scenes have been lashed a lot lately but the cast's all supportive and have been cool with countering all the rumors. I'm glad that the show has been renewed for another season.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted A week ago Edited by Scaglietti, A week ago.

Read at your own risk:

https://www.quora.co...-Why-bother-you

While I do understand and even agree with some of the backlash, I'll give you a helpful tl;dr:

A bunch of angsty twats and know-it-all shrews who have supposedly "been there" and feel like it got nothing right at all and that it condones suicide. Well I've "been there" and was able to relate to the show in a lot of ways. Also a lot of blame placed on Hannah and how she is selfish (good god here we go with the selfish and suicide thing) and how she wasn't really depressed (as if everybody undergoes and deals with depression in the sam way)

One thing I feel people ultimately failed to realize woth this show is this: Perspective. Another thing: Nobody is perfect.

It kind of pains me to see people saying "that's not a reason to kill yourself" as if they know how that person is feeling. It is one thing to feel suicidal, another thing to actually be at the point where you could just kill yourself. Just because you can pick yourself up and recover doesn't mean everyone can. F*cking period. I'm sorry but that is the cold hard f*cking truth. Keep tellig yourself otherwise. The same things affect different people people differently.

But one point in that thread that I do agree with is the blame part. I can see both sides really but it's a bit too far. Like Tyler. As if he doesn't have problems. Come the f*ck on. Giving him a tatse of his own medicine and then some is not justice. But I feel like the writers know this actually. Otherwise they wouldn't have shown that ending seen or probably not gone through with making a second season.
  • InstaNoodles likes this

kaetsyth
  • kaetsyth

Snow Dog

• Members
  • France

Posted A week ago Edited by kaetsyth, A week ago.

Really enjoyed the show. The two or three first episodes were a bit too into basic teenager drama but nevertheless something in the show was really attracting and let know that it would only go better with time. I was completely hooked up, I think I didn't feel that since the two first seasons of Prison Break. Brillant show, can't wait for the second season, hoping they won't screw up.

• InstaNoodles likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users