Car Salesman - statistics

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic
Lennart -
  • Lennart -

Toni Glitchiani

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:49 PM Edited by Lennart -, 09 April 2017 - 09:54 AM.

We all know how this mission works. I think, jam8tones videos are pretty good;

(**OLD**) GTA LCS Walkthrough 100% Part 88A (Car Salesman Mission) - YouTube

There are even special vehicles that can all be made DP via the crusher glitch;
GTA LCS Special Vehicle Guide Part 1 (Obtaining BP/FP/EP Cars) No Cheats - YouTube0

I have played this mission kind of often (ps2, ps vita, ppsspp and mobile) because I fail at level 5 or 6 almost every time. While trying to finally pass this mission, I found out, some car colors make me use pay and spray which I dont like because it adds +1 pay and spray visit to the statistics.

There are differences to PSP and PS2; on PSP, the cars which are still waiting to be sold don't change if you sell one to a customer ,like they do on PS2
I now try to photograph every car with a color that requires a pay and spray visit and post it here so if I finish this list, maybe this mission can be passed without anny additional pay and spray visit.
Categories:
1. Get-away car
2. Sports car
3. Slow car
4. Off-road vehicle

Vehicles:
1. a) Stallion, b) Esperanto and c) Idaho
2. a) Banshee, b) Stinger and c) Cheetah
3. a) Perennial and b) Manana
4. a) Patriot, b) Bobcat and c) BF Injection

List of colored vehicles that force a pay and spray visit:
1a)
sVbIzCH.jpg
1b)

1c)
O7zHHDy.jpgRUY9RBE.jpg
2a)

2b)

2c)

3a)

3b)

4a)
The army/dark green Patriot, sorry no picture...
m620ysO.jpg
QYKCb6a.jpg
4b)
xG3yoC4.jpg
4c)

CAR SALESMAN MAIN

Spoiler

CARCOLS
Spoiler

Things that are about the car colors
Spoiler

bananaking13
  • bananaking13

if you like anime, you're an insecure tasty-ass fruit

• Members
  • Seychelles

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:29 AM

What is this? Car salesman missions implemented in CLEO?

gts.
  • gts.

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:31 PM

What is this? Car salesman missions implemented in CLEO?

Nope. He's showing a part from the SCM code of the Car Salesman mission/sub-mission to see the special properties/colors/whatever of those vehicles.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:38 PM

The Car Salesman Vehicles are BP/EP/FP.  No Colors are special.  And we already know all this.

The Topic was created due to the fact it's completely random on how many Pay and Spray Visits you will have just from this Side Mission alone and I personally wanted to see if anyone has done in under 2 Visits.  I reached Level 6 and passed Car Salesman Side Mission while only being asked to go to the Pay and Spray twice.  This means, you can NOT crash the "Fast" Car or the "Slow" Car at all.  If you do, that means automatic Pay and Spray.  Even if the Sale Meter is filled and you crash, it's automatic Pay and Spray.  That isn't the case with the Off-Road Vehicle and the Stallion/Idaho/Esperanto.  You can crash all you want and that won't make the Customer ask for a Respray.  The Resprays I am talking about happen randomly and for no reason at all.  The Customers will randomly say they don't like the Color and want you to take it to a Pay and Spray.

So the big question is, has anyone done it in less than TWO Pay and Spray Visits to pass Level 6?  In 2 of my 7 Saves for LCS, I did Car Salesman in 3 Pay and Spray Visits which I previously thought was indeed the lowest you can get, but it just so happens you can do it in 2.  So perhaps it's even possible to do it in 1 or 0 and maybe it's not so luck based afterall and there is specific Peds or Vehicle Colors during the Mission that influence the need to go to a Pay and Spray or not.

I would of made the Topic, but it was best you did :D :p

• Lennart - likes this

Lennart -
  • Lennart -

Toni Glitchiani

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 April 2017 - 01:27 PM Edited by Lennart -, 06 April 2017 - 01:46 PM.

I passed level 5 without a forced spray but then I was rammed from behind by a crazy trashmaster driver. That was my death...
So my guess, it is possible.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:42 PM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 06 April 2017 - 03:45 PM.

Yeah, and that is also why this Mission totally blows.  Usually, during some Side Missions, Story Missions, Races, etc, etc, Rockstar will program the game so less traffic spawns to make it "easier" on you.  But when it comes to Car Salesman, they increase traffic 10x, increase the aggressive f*ckers 10x, and then make you go to Level 6 and in the process of all this bullsh*t you need to watch out for, you have to go to a Pay and Spray to please the stupid Customer time to time, which to me seems completely random and there is no way to actually tell or what you must do in order to be asked ZERO times or ONE time and get up to and PASS Level 6.

Maybe it's possible for 0 or 1, but let me ask you this....How long have you been trying this?  I've done Car Salesman for 3 hours one day just to do it in THREE Pay and Spray Visits, unlike 2 which I currently have done it in for some of my Saves.  If you actually manage to get the LUCK for 0 or 1 Pay and Spray from Car Salesman, you'll probably be reloading for weeks.  If I am correct, you've already been trying this for a week or longer, lol...

It's another reason I just took 2 and 3 Pay and Spray Visits cuz there was no way in hell I would put myself through the torture to reload and keep doing a bullsh*t Side Mission that takes 25 Minutes to complete without any mistakes, let alone the randomness of the Pay and Spray Visits.

So, either by 100% Completion, you get 3 total Pay and Spray Visits......2 from Car Salesman and 1 from the Mission Snuff.  You're forced to use Pay and Spray only during Snuff and then the random times during Car Salesman.  That's it.  I've reached 100% with 3 Pay and Spray Visits, but if anyone can do it under that, let me know how you did it for Car Salesman.

Lennart -
  • Lennart -

Toni Glitchiani

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:50 PM Edited by Lennart -, 06 April 2017 - 03:52 PM.

I am trying the lowest avaible. I tried it on ppsspp with savestates and I found something that might be interesting: the colors don't change if you reload and pass a level again. Exanple:
You are level 2, last car. Savestate right infront of the marker; you get the same colors everytime or if not avaible the nearest from the script. I also found 2 new colors for the list. I will add those after this run xD
https://imgur.com/O7zHHDy

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:51 PM

Save States aren't on PSP, PS Vita, PS2, or Mobile.  So it's cheating doing that and isn't any REAL test.  The only way to do a REAL test is on the actual Platform where the game physically is released.  Emulators, PPSSPP, it's all bullsh*t for testing and allows you to cheat it.

Lennart -
  • Lennart -

Toni Glitchiani

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:53 PM Edited by Raavi, 06 April 2017 - 05:14 PM. Please do not double post. Edit your original post.

On ppsspp, the cars dont change after you sell a car like on ps2.
I use ppsspp to find new colors that require a respray.
https://imgur.com/RUY9RBE

I think, you are right. I am wasting my time. I'll go with this try...

Please do not double post. Edit your original post.

Patrick1994
  • Patrick1994

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:19 AM Edited by Patrick1994, 20 April 2017 - 01:19 AM.

I confirmed that the respray stuff is random.

{460446} 0006: 45@ = 0
{460450} 0018:   $3956 > 2 <-- first condition: Level 3 or higher
{460456} 004D: jump_if_false @CARSALE_2143

{460463} 020E: $3958 = random_int 0 4
{460470} 0038:   $3958 == 0 <-- second condition: random number is 0 - a 25% chance
{460475} 004D: jump_if_false @CARSALE_2143
{460482} 0006: 45@ = 1 <-- customer wants respray = true

{461099} 0039:   45@ == 1 <-- if customer wants a respray
{461104} 004D: jump_if_false @CARSALE_2804
{461111} 00BC: text_highpriority 'CARS_R1' 5000 ms 1  // ~w~I like the car, but I don't like the color.
{461126} 00BD: text_mediumpriority 'CARS_R2' 5000 ms 1  // ~w~Get the car resprayed!

• Lennart - likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:55 AM

Yeah, I figured, since some of the COLORS Lennart got asked to Respray, I did NOT.  I am doing an OM0 Save right now after finishing my main 7 Saves and have done Car Salesman yet again in just 2 Pay and Spray Visits.  The question is, even though it's random, can it be done in 0 or 1 Pay and Spray Visits?

Also, another thing I don't get.  Why am I charged for Pay and Spray sometimes, but sometimes not during Car Salesman?  Those SHOULD be free for this Mission when the Customer asks for a Respray.  However, sometimes I get charged $100.00.  For instance, I have 2 Pay and Spray Visits for Car Salesman, but 1 of those Pay and Sprays generated $100.00 for my Auto Repair and Painting Budget Stat.  In one of my Saves, I had $200.00, as well.  But in other Saves, $.0.00.  So is the fee for Pay and Spray also random?!

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:03 PM

Locked on request.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users