Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 01 April 2017 - 07:59 PM

b6QO8Ri.png

Week of March 26th - April 1st

wE5k9l6.png

Hello, and welcome to the third issue of GTAForums Weekly! We'd like to thank our readers for yet another week of comments and likes. All of your feedback, suggestions and critique have been helpful in boosting our team's confidence and shaping the content we release in the future. Since our last issue, plenty of things have happened within the community. The forum gained a nice bit of activity this week, following the release of the new Infernus Classic & Resurrection game mode, which are now available for GTA Online.

Mach1bud, host of the Weekly Vehicle Showdown, has posted a new poll in the News section pitting the Pegassi Tempesta versus the Imponte Dukes. Head over to the topic to vote for your favorite!

GTA Series Staff member Tiger created a topic looking back at GTA related announcements and releases. We hope this turns into a regular segment!

Earlier this week, member DC9Faster posted a topic asking the community what they would do with a million dollars, which received interesting answers from the General Chat regulars.

Kirsty recently advertised vacancies for GTAForums staff roles, although the topic now seems to have disappeared. The topic detailed the need for new staff due to the next forum update and RDR2, while encouraging members to submit an application via PM. Err... April Fools?

A new subforum was created and is now hosted under the Rockstar Games section. Not much is known at the moment, but it explains that it will be used as a database for "all things R* built by the GTANet community."

Before we move on with this issue, we would like to introduce the addition of two new segments; Snaps of the Week and Blast from the Past. If you're interested in contributing to GTAF Weekly, please contact Alchemist.

GTAForums currently has a total of 14,706,679 posts (+13,715 from last week) and 700,841 members (+526 from last week) at the time this is being posted.

tjBbZMp.png

Rockstar Central - Week 3
Welcome to the third week of the Rockstar Central! I’m your host, Spider-Vice, and we’ll be highlighting this week’s happenings in the Rockstar Universe.

Grand Theft Auto
The wait for one of the most wanted vehicles in GTA Online is over! The Pegassi Infernus Classic was released this Thursday on Legendary Motorsport for around 900k GTA$. Very reminiscent of its Vice City model, classic collectors will want to buy this one!

On the other hand, however… Because no Rockstar car release comes without a caveat, the community reports that the Infernus Classic is essentially broken! After the car released, users on Reddit found out that the vehicle seems to have a left-turning bias, causing everyone to spin out as soon as you pull a hard left. Not only that, Rockstar’s (probably junior..) GTA Online vehicle artists seemed to have screwed something up in the model, as it’s not symmetrical! According to the Reddit investigators, there actually seems to be a much more complex problem with the new cars, detailed in this post that is very much worth reading. Luckily, Rockstar has acknowledged the issue on their Support page… at least with the Infernus. (“some players", ha!)

Rockstar quality assurance issues aside, we’ve also gotten a brand new adversary mode, Resurrection, where players you kill can be revived until the whole team is eliminated. A glorified Team Deathmatch, if you will.. According to Rockstar, “the objective is to eliminate the entire opposing force, and where every enemy you kill revives a fallen member of your squad (in the order in which they were killed).” There will also be double GTA$ and RP rewards for this mode.

The new weekly bonuses are also here, with a weird lack of a Newswire post (but at least there's a Social Club Event post). This week, GTA Online players can expect 25% off:
*Executive Offices
*Executive Garages
*The Tempesta and Massacro
*Vehicle Armour, Brakes and Transmission mods
*Handguns

Along with the aforementioned bonus in the Resurrection adversary mode and a new Premium Race, “Island Hopping”,

These bonuses run from March 30 to April 5.

Red Dead Redemption 2
The well is still dry, and the cowboys are starting to die of thirst. There is no help in the horizon, no medical carriage in the distance. We are left alone. Poor attempts at a haiku aside, this is yet another week where Rockstar leaves us hanging. Thankfully, we’re approaching April, which might be the month where we finally get some Red Dead news. (We said the same in March, I know, but it gets more likely each month okay?!)

The one thing that we had closer to news this week, was that one of the games Microsoft is going to use to show off the Scorpio is RDR2, which probably means that RDR2 is releasing for the Xbox Scorpio and will support 4K, according to some marketing materials Windows Central had access to. Unsurprising, given that Rockstar likes to aim for parity where possible between the Microsoft and Sony platforms, and if RDR2 is getting a PS4 Pro release, it’s most definitely getting a Scorpio release.

A brand new Game Informer cover reveal is on the horizon, and although it might not be RDR2, it’s always fun to speculate. April is probably going to be the month where we get something too, even if one screenshot, or a pixel of a screenshot, so you can join us in the speculation here!

Community Highlight - The Weekly Vehicle Showdown

cVXYd96.jpg?1

Every week, our resident Mach1bud has a very simple mission for everyone. “Two vehicles face off against each other in a forum poll. At the end of the week, the winner is crowned.”

In this weekly poll, two GTA Online vehicles are put to the test in a poll to see which wins - in order to do this, you will have to consider factors like style, top speed, facts about the vehicle, and any other argument you can get to say why X car is better than Y car. Let the better one win! The contest will only end when ALL cars in the GTA V universe have been covered!

This week’s Vehicle Showdown is almost coming to a close, but you can find more information there, and expect the next one very soon on the News forum!

We’ll be back next week for more, and hopefully with more news than this week, as it’s getting slightly boring only writing about GTA Online discounts. RIGHT ROCKSTAR?

nQeR6he.png

Welcome to our brand new segment focused on showcasing some ot the greatest Snapmatic shots of the week! Each week, we'll pick some of our favorite snaps posted on the forum and feature them here.

nSPE8bq.jpg

iu9rdh9.jpg

vokBSWR.jpg

gPczf7C.jpg

foiAJTu.jpg

godtrams - Link

9FNUBin.jpg

umm9t09.jpg

H93Hfjb.png

News

GTA Online

Grand Theft Auto Series

wbJymzP.png

In this week's issue, we bring you the first Blast from the Past! This segment aims to shine a light on how things used to be many years ago on GTAForums. We'll dig up old content from the "glorious" days of GTAF and provide it here to give newer users a chance to look back and experience it all.

Starting the segment off, we bring you a look back at the Public Gang Chat. This section of the forum played an important part as it allowed members to gather together in groups and socialize. It existed long before the Crews and Events subforums took it's place, although these new replacements were not initially well received. The Official Gangs from the Public Gang Chat are what we currently know as the Official Gang Alliance, or OGA.

UqFD3eg.png

Public Gang Chat in one of it's prime years, 2005

Public Gang Chat was a lot more lenient than its current version of Crews, with the section not restricted to merely gang topics, members created threads of discussion, news, and events. Many of the conversations traveled throughout multiple topics, and there was a stronger sense of an interconnected community that many miss into today's more reserved Crews section. The arrival of the Events and GTA Online based sections have provided a more productive format for gangs to communicate and play with one another.

The Public Gang Chat was disbanded shortly before the announcement of GTA IV and was replaced with the multiplayer Gangs system which was further restructured into the current Crews section. While the PGC did make a small re-appearance in 2014, it was switched to the setup we currently have.

As it can be seen from the above image, gangs (both official and unofficial) had chat topics dating back to 2001. The official gangs recruited through thread based applications, much like today's crews. Some of the veteran gangs such as the Andolini Mafia Family, the F.B.I, Propaganda Incorporated, The Zaibatsu, $outh $ide Hoodz, Leone Family Mafia, and many more groups were all active participants within the section.

kCqjaHc.png

The PGC in late 2014.

Formed in 2001, $outh $ide Hoodz became the first official gang. The latest Official Gang Race awarded Zaibatsu it's current official status.

Rl9T2Za.png

This week's guest is well known corrupt moderator (pls don't ban us) and llama farmer, Voodoo!

Unbid: What made you join GTAForums?
Voodoo: A the time, I was looking for information on gerbil training apparatus. You know, little unicycles, juggling pins, tightropes, etc. I was just getting into the mini rodent circus industry, and I was looking for an online community where I could get some advice on the subject. Everyone seemed really nice here, so I stuck around.

U: How did you create your username?
V: I was in Portland attending a llama husbandry conference back in 2004. On the way back to the motor hotel after checking in at the convention center, I stopped at this doughnut shop that had little voodoo doll shaped doughnuts. They were so delicious that I decided to name my GTAF profile after the shop.

U: What has your experience been like in regards to you being a moderator of GTAForums?
V: There’s really nothing like the unbridled power and instant respect you receive as a gaming forum moderator. I couldn’t wait to tell my mom when I got promoted. I know now that whatever happens in life, I’ve truly accomplished something great. Every morning, I can look at myself in the mirror and say, “You’re doing it, Voodoo. You made it!” The 5% discount at Mods R Us is pretty nice, too.

U: How did you end up becoming the most corrupt mod around here?
V: Honestly, it just comes naturally to me. I didn’t really have to work at it at all. I passed all of my corruption exams without really having to study. It’s personally validating to know that the community appreciates my expertise in matters of corruption, as well.

U: What's your favorite part about being able to ban people?
V: Where to begin? It’s the ultimate argument ender and on the occasion where we have a PBM making multiple accounts, it’s a fun game of Whack-A-Mole.

U: So, what's it like to be a member of C9?
V: We’re like the Illuminati, only spelled Illuminaughty.

U: Why do Cyclops have 9 years?
V: Well, I could tell you but then I’d have to kill you.

U: Could you explain your affection towards the black and white theme for your avatars and signatures?
V: I’m a fan of classic sci fi and horror and I think the black and white looks nice on the blue forum skin.

U: Which forum member do you feel the closest to? Why?
V: All of my C9 bros are great in their own way. I couldn’t choose just one over the others. We have a very colorful and talented group and most of us have been gaming together and chatting online daily for years.

U: What's your favorite thing about the forums?
V: If I had to choose just one thing it would be how the community pulls in and retains its member base. We have new people coming in all the time looking for info about the games and a small percentage of them stick around and contribute to other areas of the forum. The ones that keep coming back after a few years are the ones that really make us special among the other gaming forums. It’s what keeps me logging in every day.

U: How has this community changed since you first registered?
V: We’ve gone through several waves of new members and staff since I joined. 2004-2007 was great with all of the San Andreas stunt videos and cheat codes and the anticipation of GTA IV. We got a little serious about cracking down on hijinks after that but since the latest administration moved in, we’ve been bringing the fun back. The proliferation of social media and a new generation of GTAO members have changed our community significantly. Every join date generation will say that their era was great but I think we just keep getting better every year.

U: What's your favorite Rockstar Games title or series?
V: There will always be a soft spot in my heart for San Andreas. It’s the reason I found GTAF because I was looking for cheat codes and stunt videos back then. It was such an expansive game for the time. I still love loading it up and playing it to this day.

U: Finally, tell us about yourself as a person. Any favorite hobbies, music, etc?
V: In order to be a truly effective corrupt staff member, you have to give up a lot of activities that may potentially distract you from your main focus. What little free time I have is devoted to training my llamas to code and researching Nutella as a renewable energy source.

qO34erD.png

Porter Robinson & Madeon - Shelter

Shelter was released on August 11, 2016, as a collaboration between American electronic music producer Porter Robinson and French producer Madeon. It marks the strong bond and friendship between both artists. The track was accompanied by a back-to-back tour starting on September 29 of the same year, as well as an animated music video produced by A-1 Pictures. It explores 17-year old Rin as she lives inside a life simulation after Earth's demise.

Testarossa's Thoughts: I know I may be a bit biased on these two artists, and if you want proof then go check what I post in the Facade Discord server's music channel. But the thing is that this track holds some kind of emotional value for me, why? Because last year it was probably the worst year I've had so far in my life (and I guess it probably was for many people as well). So out of nowhere, these two artists that I've loved for a while now release this collaboration. It was a happy, synth heavy track about friendship and giving someone else shelter. And it made me really happy, it really did. It became my "feel good" track after a couple of plays and now I pretty much play it when I'm feeling down.

Album: N/A

Genre: Synthpop/Electronic

Release Date: August 11, 2016

Label: popcultur/Columbia

Writer(s): Hugo Leclercq, Porter Robinson

JyLyVpJ.png

Android - Editor & Publisher, Topics of the Week, Snaps of the Week

Arrow - GTAForums News, Blast from the Past

Spider-Vice - Rockstar Central

Testarossa - Track of the Week

unbid - Interviewer

slohbur - Graphics Assistant

• V4S, Mister Pink, Voodoo and 30 others like this

V4S
  • V4S

🌸 Nt pⱻssⱻɹdɯᴉ 🌸

• The Yakuza
  • Japan
  • 14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 01 April 2017 - 08:21 PM

So great to see you in the News section now, it deserved a better spotlight! Love the snaps of the week! Thank you for listening to feedback. Incredible work guys, looking forward to the next!  :^:  :^:  :^:

• Android, Testarossa, and 3 others like this

Arrow
  • Arrow

Good Life

• Facade
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 02 April 2017 - 02:30 AM Edited by Arrow, 02 April 2017 - 02:33 AM.

Another well laid out issue. Kudos to the whole team. :^:

P.S: Interesting interview Voodoo.
  • Android likes this

Michael
  • Michael

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2017 - 09:43 AM Edited by Michael, 02 April 2017 - 09:48 AM.

A very interesting issue like usual. I also like the interview with Voodoo as well. Keep up the good work.  :)

• Android, fw3 and Arrow like this

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 02 April 2017 - 09:20 PM

Man, I must have missed the first two issues, but this is incredibly well done. Kudos to those involved.

I don't read real newspapers, but I read every word of this. Can't wait for issue 4.
  • EVOLUT7ON, Android, fw3 and 1 other like this

Android
  • Android

• Facade
  • None
  • Snap Battle Season 3 Winner [X360]
    The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 02 April 2017 - 09:27 PM

Man, I must have missed the first two issues, but this is incredibly well done. Kudos to those involved.

I don't read real newspapers, but I read every word of this. Can't wait for issue 4.

We initially were posting new issues within our General Chat topic, not the News section, which explains why you may have missed previous issues. Feel free to read our older issues here!

• livejoker, fw3 and Mach1bud like this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic Creator 2016
    Contribution Award [GTAO]

Posted 03 April 2017 - 09:47 PM

Holy moly stuffed in a cannoli! 

Kudos on the efforts here, Android! Wonderfully executed and more stuff to browse than a summer Sunday flea market! 

Thank you! :)

• Mach1bud likes this

xxi
  • xxi

• Members
  • Wales
  • The Baddest Female
    Best CL Fan
    Best New Member 2015

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:54 PM

Great read guys! Congrats on another successful issue :)

• EVOLUT7ON and fw3 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users