Most nostalgic thing in GTA Vicecity

42 replies to this topic
vladutz8
  • vladutz8

Player Hater

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:22 AM

i'm nostalgic about pretty much everything in Vice City, but the biggest ones are the cars and the music on the radio, especially "The Pointer Sisters - Automatic"

• Skayz likes this

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Homeboy

• Members
  • France

Posted 15 May 2017 - 03:16 PM Edited by Evil-Empire, 21 May 2017 - 08:33 PM.

Driving in Little Haïti at night, close to the Romero funerarium while listening to Crockett's theme.

• A.Nothingman likes this

piko
  • piko

100% or nothing

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:16 AM

That music which plays in North Point Mall, something very nostalgic about it for me, probably from all those katana-massacres there and driving the Infernus over everyone there.

anthony
  • anthony

Welcome to Burger Shots mother f*ckeeeer!

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2017 - 01:54 PM

Almost everything, what kill me is how the story was actually a story about crime and wise guys. Like a true crime/drama movie.

kaetsyth
  • kaetsyth

Snow Dog

• Members
  • France

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:17 PM

The colors, the setting, the vehicles handling, the characters, the mansion, the city itself, the soundtrack... even though it has been rushed in 9 months and the game is full of glitches and bugs and obviously lacks polishing, it remains my favorite GTA. Every time I'm playing III or SA, or even V, I miss or regret something in VC.

Doctor Dollars
  • Doctor Dollars

Wiseguy Despiser

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:26 AM

The sound effects when you pick up weapons and money.

• Payne Killer likes this

ViceBoy69
  • ViceBoy69

Peon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 June 2017 - 08:52 PM

The posh female pedestrian who says  " Are you the Doctor?"  " I tried to pull my pants off over my head" " I just came back from the doctor im clean"

" Im so friggin lost its not even funny"

The game has some of the best pedestrian scripting of the series, i can just stand on a street sometimes and listen to the pedestrians

The old black pimp " I cant see you but i sure can smell you"

and of course Tommy's " blame my mother i do !"

The Mysterious One
  • The Mysterious One

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 June 2017 - 02:03 PM

I started playing this again a few weeks ago and things are starting to come back to me.

ViceBoy69
  • ViceBoy69

Peon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 June 2017 - 02:45 PM

I dont agree VicecIty was rushed it was being worked on at the same time as GTA3, it is a lot more polished than GTA3 and it shows,

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Homeboy

• Members
  • France

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:12 AM

Exploring the city on a speeder listening to Linkin' park feat Jay-Z - Numb.

CarlsonRe
  • CarlsonRe

''It's no problem to kill you.''

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by CarlsonRe, 3 weeks ago.

The entire f*ckin' game

For example this

It makes me nostalgic & kind of depressed, even that sunset, and the night in VC is nostalgic too, and the knowledge that the game files are 14 years old, 14 year old polygons, 14 year old mocap..

I can't explain the feeling I've got

Same with this, and I can't believe there's a Scarface game, and literally that much attention is put to it, I played the entire game only by storyline and I thought ''I think the developers wouldn't put much effort into this game'' but they did! I'm still figuring sh*t out, and strategies, hehe..

Also, I thought by 2017 nobody talks about this movie, or it doesn't have such a big fanbase, but I see edits on the scarface wikipedia like 9 hours ago, and I see forums talk about it including this one, and still videos about the game, some guy compared it to Mafia III..

And you know what I think the year 2006 is? It's the year when many movie games were made, even The Godfather was made then, and it made more good games.

And kind of sad they can't do original Vice City again, probably many voice actors died, or aged.

TakeshiSantos
  • TakeshiSantos

O Partner, Where Art Thou?

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago

It was my first Grand Theft Auto game, so I'll say that it was the gameplay. Stealing any car you want, making missions, listen to 80's songs, killing people with cheat codes.

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Homeboy

• Members
  • France

Posted 3 weeks ago

Finishing the hotring as n°1. Even if the circuit is extremely basic, I'm never protected from a last minute unpredicted problem making me miss the best position. Even if I finish n°1 very oftenly the race is always full of suspense and tension. When I reached my objective I always feel proud and relieved.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users