224 replies to this topic
Original Light
  • Original Light

You Float Like a Feather

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2017 - 01:47 PM

I've never finished Fallout New Vegas.

I love the game, but I just haven't had a chance to finish it yet. In my current play-through, I'm about 50% done.

• Mister Pink, DOOM! and Actlikeyouknow like this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:16 PM

I felt bad for Vinnie when he died in Max Payne 2.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:07 AM

I love the game, but I just haven't had a chance to finish it yet. In my current play-through, I'm about 50% done.

Haha, likewise. I've put about 80 hours into a New Vegas playthrough and it glitched out (couldn't leave or enter New Vegas without it crashing) but I booted up another playthrough and never finished it... but I've beat the sh*t out of 3 and 4, I feel like an asshole.
  • Mister Pink and Original Light like this

Original Light
  • Original Light

You Float Like a Feather

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:01 PM

Haha, likewise. I've put about 80 hours into a New Vegas playthrough and it glitched out (couldn't leave or enter New Vegas without it crashing) but I booted up another playthrough and never finished it... but I've beat the sh*t out of 3 and 4, I feel like an asshole.

If you're playing the PC version, it's pretty important to install a few of the fan made unofficial patches. Because if you don't, sooner or later you'll run into a major game breaking bug either making you lose hours of progress (and you'll never have incentive to do it all again), or make the game simply impossible to beat. 

From what I hear, the console versions are a bit less buggy -- so you're probably fine if you're playing it on 360 or PS3. 

Davo the Assassin
  • Davo the Assassin

Andolini Mafia Family - Blood is thicker than Water

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I found Max Payne 3 pretty boring.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

XMD5A

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Mister Pink, 4 weeks ago.

f*cking same! I started NV when Xbox One came out and I was still on 360. Sold my Xbox 360 but kept NV in case in became backwards compatible. Of course it becomes BC and now I can't find the game as I've moved house and must have lost it. Going to pick up a hard copy second hand. I was really enjoying it and I love Fallout. Feels like a crime. 

I've about 175 hrs of Fallout 4 and haven't finished the story yet. It's over 2 different saves mind you. 

• Original Light likes this

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 4 weeks ago

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves :p

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Supposed Contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I've never played Skyrim.

I couldn't defeat the Devil Car in the original Ridge Racer, so I copied my cousin's save without his knowledge. He still doesn't know.

I own MGS 1-4, and have played 1 and 4 for a total of 30 minutes.

I bought the $200 Mirror's Edge Catalyst Collector's Edition. Twice. And the game was meh.

I think war games desensitize gamers to the actual atrocity that is war.

I find Nintendo games to be obscenely unappealing.

I prefer physical copies of games to digital ones.

I think that King of Fighters is far superior to Street Fighter (and that Terry Bogard would smack the crap out of Ryu).

I think that the Dualshock 4 is hot garbage.

I have a bricked PS3 on a shelf in my game room. It's got 8 or so years of progress locked away inside, and I can't bear to part with it.

I've never 100%'d a game.

I traded in Einhander (PS1) and I regret it to this day.

I've got way too many hours logged on Rumble Roses and Rumble Roses and it's sequel.

I've got a couple hundred controllers.
  • Actlikeyouknow likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 4 weeks ago

Digital games are great for saving space (as in not needing anywhere to put the discs), but I still love walking into a game shop to buy a physical copy. Just like movies and music.

• Davo the Assassin, ROCKSTAR MANIC, We Are Ninja and 3 others like this

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 4 weeks ago

skyrim is a garbage game

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

The idiots are taking over

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 4 weeks ago

Digital games are great for saving space (as in not needing anywhere to put the discs), but I still love walking into a game shop to buy a physical copy. Just like movies and music.

I only ever go Digital if it's in some kind of sale, the only way it's available, or it's a free game with Gold etc. As a collector, nothing beats having the physical copy of a game, complete with manuals and whatnot - takes me back to childhood when picking a game to rent was based on looking at the back of the box/case.

• Algonquin Assassin, Awesom-0 and Actlikeyouknow like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 4 weeks ago

I only ever go Digital if it's in some kind of sale, the only way it's available, or it's a free game with Gold etc. As a collector, nothing beats having the physical copy of a game, complete with manuals and whatnot - takes me back to childhood when picking a game to rent was based on looking at the back of the box/case.

Yeah. I only really like buying digital games when they're on sale (purely for convenience) and if it's a game that's only available digitally.

However a consequence of the digital platform I miss when games had manuals like mini novels. The GTA games were amazing with their manuals. I loved how GTA III had character/gang profiles and whatnot. Now we're lucky to get a page and if we do it's just on the technical aspects like the controller layout. Artistically it's nothing like it used to be where it was exciting to read about the game in the manual before playing it.

And this might be a strange fetish, but I miss the new game smell also. :blush:

• KilnerLUFC and Awesom-0 like this

Plank.
  • Plank.

Resident NEET

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I used to throw away all of my video game cases. Most of my PS1 games are scratched to hell and some of them don't even work anymore.

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 3 weeks ago

I beat Jet the loyal way in Streets of rage 3  so many years ago I can't remember when precisely. Everytime i fight against him I use the code to be invincible without the enemies can catch me, it's way funnier.

I hate the minotaurs in Golden Axe 3, everytime I fight them I use the code to be invincible.

Adrian J.
  • Adrian J.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Uncharted games are nothing more than glorified 3rd person shooters.

Resident Evil 4 is really not that great, Revelations 2 and even 5 are better. Nothing beats 1 2 3 and 0

I reached "Colonel 100" in Battlefield 3 after 5 and a half years, didn't even use a sh*t bucket xD

Need For Speed 2015 is one of the worst racers ever.

I prefer Watch_Dogs 1 & 2 over GTA IV & V

• We Are Ninja, LightningLord and Actlikeyouknow like this

Actlikeyouknow
  • Actlikeyouknow

One ugly motherf*cker

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

-My first ever "violent" game I played was Halo 3: ODST, and I never beat it until this year because on the Scrab Beatle boss fight I was too dumb of a kid to follow the instructions on how to kill it.

-I have beaten every single PS2 era GTA game only on mobile

-Forza Horizon 1 has my favorite licensed soundtrack of all time.

-I have never beaten, and probably never will beat an Assassins Creed game. (I have tried, it just got too boring too fast with all the sidemissions.)

-The only time I ever threw my controller was a couple months ago trying to beat the Krogan Battlemaster on the level where you rescue Liara in Mass Effect 1.

-My favorite final level in a game was the suicide mission in Mass Effect 2.

-My favorite ending to a game was the epilogue in Halo: Reach

-Mass Effect 3 was the only game to ever make me cry.

-After my local gamestop shut down I have downloaded every game I ever got onto my Xbox One, except for Mass Effect 2 and 3.

and finally....

-My top 3 favorite pieces of DLC are: 1. The Citadel from ME3. 2. Blizzard Mountain from Forza Horizon 3. 3. Faster Baby! from Mafia 3.

Whew that felt good to get off my chest.

• Mister Pink, We Are Ninja, LightningLord and 1 other like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

XMD5A

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 3 weeks ago

-I have never beaten, and probably never will beat an Assassins Creed game. (I have tried, it just got too boring too fast with all the sidemissions.)

This right here. I own about 3 or 4 Assassins Creed games and I've never completed any of them. I like the idea of them, some times I crave an Assassins Creed adventure but after about 10-15hrs, I'm just not compelled enough to go on. It's hard to put my finger on it. 

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

The idiots are taking over

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 2 weeks ago

This right here. I own about 3 or 4 Assassins Creed games and I've never completed any of them. I like the idea of them, some times I crave an Assassins Creed adventure but after about 10-15hrs, I'm just not compelled enough to go on. It's hard to put my finger on it. 

AC2 is the only AC title I've come close to 100% completion. I've tried hard to get in to AC3, but for some reason I just find myself hating the game, whether it be the numerous bugs and sh*t or the general gameplay itself, it just felt such a massive backstep. I've managed to acquire all the 360 AC games, so I will at some point force my way through them, especially since I heard Black Flag is meant to be pretty decent.

• Davo the Assassin likes this

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Black Flag is the only AC game I've played through twice. Something about the Pirate theme was just so f*cking awesome.
  • Davo the Assassin and Actlikeyouknow like this

Davo the Assassin
  • Davo the Assassin

Andolini Mafia Family - Blood is thicker than Water

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

AC II and IV are arguably masterpieces. The rest of the series is pretty meh, but I'm a sucker for them. 

SLUMPUSSY
  • SLUMPUSSY

Nadia. I've, uh I've got reserves.

• The Yardies
  • Unknown
  • Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016
    Campaign Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 2 weeks ago

pokemon is pretty f*ckin sh*tty

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 2 weeks ago

AC II and IV are arguably masterpieces. The rest of the series is pretty meh, but I'm a sucker for them. 

What's wrong with Brotherhood or Revelations? Brotherhood is like a really nice expansion for AC2. I don't know why people dislike it so much if they like AC2. You can criticize it for being too much like AC2, but if AC2 is a masterpiece, then surely Brotherhood is pretty damn close as well. Revelations is good too. Not as good as AC2 and Brotherhood, but it's pretty damn close and it's got some of its own unique and fun little things.

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by fashion, 2 weeks ago.

I liked Brotherhood almost as much as 2. The reason why I prefer 2 is simply because it was first and took the game's formula to a whole new level. Ezio's origin story is simply legendary and AC2 defines what "Assassin's Creed" even means. When I think of AC, AC2 is the first thing that comes to my mind.

I'd personally rate my top 3: AC2 > Black Flag > Brotherhood, although the line dividing those is very, very thin. That's why I said I prefer AC2 slightly over BH.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted A week ago

To be honest I find Black Flag a bit overrated. The whole pirate theme doesn't gel with the series that well IMO. The best post-Assassin's Creed II game is Syndicate to me.

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

F*ck thyself

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago Edited by Gummy , A week ago.

I've never played any game in the Assassin's Creed series, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and much more popular, essential video game series that I should have played. I tried getting into Final Fantasy, but there's like what? 15 f*cking games? I really don't have time for that.

I couldn't bring myself to finish Shadow of Mordor. Sure, it's a very good game, but I just couldn't.

I never beat any of the fixed camera Resident Evil games even though I own RE1 and the REmake.

Synthol
  • Synthol

Just touch uranus someplace else

• Members
  • Namibia

Posted A week ago

Iunno about the usage of the word 'masterpiece' here.. IV was like 90% tailing missions.

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago

Whenever I start a new game and go through the setup part, I always set it brighter than it wants me to.  Screw you games developer.  I'll see what I want to see, not what you want me to see.

That, and Polyphony shutting down the online servers of GT5 a mere 3 or 4 months after Releasing GT6.

I completely skipped over GT6 because of this, and I might skip over GT Sport because it's not looking good for me.

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted A week ago

I think Watch Dogs 2 is the best game Ubisoft made so far. They managed to create a "GTA clone" that can actually compete with GTA. As much as I love asscreed, the difference is that I can always return to Watch Dogs and play around in the world, do whatever I want. In asscreed, once I'm done then I'm done and besides finishing remaining collectibles and side missions, there's nothing else to do, for me at least.

Assassins Creed's collectibles are horrible and I never bothered collecting all of them. Never collected all chests or those flying animus things.
  • Mister Pink and Actlikeyouknow like this

Awesom-0
  • Awesom-0

Happy 1st anniversary without heists!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Awesom-0, 6 days ago.

• I think God of War is a poor mans Devil May Cry. Kratos is annoying, the button mashing gameplay is unappealing, and the games obsession with QTE's is stupid. I may be a bit biased though, but i don't know.  :/

• I spent $20.00 on a Resident Evil Umbrella with the Umbrella Corporation logo on it (I call it my umbrella umbrella). I also own a S.T.A.R.S. and Umbrella Corporation T-shirt, 15.00 each. :lol: I also spent $10.00 on one pair of shin-high Sonic the Hedgehog socks. They're Blue with his face on the front, and it actually has his quills on the back.     <-- And i don't even regret buying it...

• I own over 120 disk based games, all in alphabetical order on a shelf i have nailed on a wall.

• I'm a sucker for video game compilations, I own about 15 of them.

• Most of my Xbox One games are Xbox 360 ports and remasters, or Backwards compatible games. I only own about 7 Current-Gen games, 18 Xbox 360 ports, and about 25+ Backwards compatible games. 

• I own about 4 editions of the classic Sonic games via Sonic Mega Collection +, Sonic's Ultimate Genisis Collection, XBLA downloads, and the Mobile ports. 

• Mister Pink and Actlikeyouknow like this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 5 days ago

I think the RE Outbreak games are underrated, and I actually liked the second one despite the low ratings. It just sucks that we'll never get another sequel.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users