Your gaming confessions

173 replies to this topic
Margaret-
  • Margaret-

Fidget Killer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 June 2017 - 03:06 PM

My best mate got a copy of the first Resident Evil game not long after it came out when we were both about 7 years old. This was back when parents didn't really check age ratings or really even care about the content in games so his mum was happy to leave us alone in his room to play it. Anyway, it's all well and good and we're getting into the game feeling like a pair of f*cking rebels for playing this 18 rated game... then comes the moment where you turn a corner to find the first zombie in the game chowing down on some poor fool. We froze. Then when the zombie turned his head to the camera we f*cking screamed and my mate scrambled to hit the power button on the PS1. We were never brave enough to play the game again.  :lol:

• Mercenary Lady, ClaudeSpeed1911, The Deadite and 2 others like this

Dwnld
  • Dwnld

Titles are useless

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 21 June 2017 - 04:52 PM

- I started to play World of Warcraft because South Park's parody episode named "Make Love, Not Warcraft".

- When I reached level 70 (that was the level cap back then) I went to low level zones and killed lowbies for fun. I even made a campfire next to their corpse and sat down.

- I didn't feel bad for teabagging as a female blood elf. I rarely did it but still.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2017 - 12:41 AM

There used to be an Atari game called Micro Surgeon that scared the living crap out of me when I was a child. It scared me more than any horror movie.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Un-certified Nurse

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2017 - 02:52 AM

When I played GTA3 back in the day, I was wondering how the peds' face look like. So I picked my sniper rifle and entered aim view to look at a passerby's face. I aimed at that female ped who wears a cap, tee, and shorts; all blue. And I found that her face was disgusting and as a kid, I was scarred for life.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 3 weeks ago

To be honest I never really cared much for The Witcher 3. I admit one of the reasons I bought it was due to hype so I had to see what the fuss was about. I think I played maybe 3-4 hours before I put it down for good.

I mean it had stunning visuals and the scope of the map was impressive, but fantasy type games have to really suck me in to play them through.

• Payne Killer likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Un-certified Nurse

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

To be honest I never really cared much for The Witcher 3. I admit one of the reasons I bought it was due to hype so I had to see what the fuss was about. I think I played maybe 3-4 hours before I put it down for good.

I mean it had stunning visuals and the scope of the map was impressive, but fantasy type games have to really suck me in to play them through.

One guy gives reputation based on what others said. It ends up being exaggerated.

Same thing to Dark Souls. Even though I like it so much, their reputation is very exaggerated.

This is why I choose my games and form the fair opinion on it myself instead of based on what other people said.

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 3 weeks ago

One guy gives reputation based on what others said. It ends up being exaggerated.

Same thing to Dark Souls. Even though I like it so much, their reputation is very exaggerated.

This is why I choose my games and form the fair opinion on it myself instead of based on what other people said.

Dark Souls 1 is a bit overrated, Dark Souls 2 is underrated, 3's pretty fair and everyone loves Bloodborne.

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by fashion, 3 weeks ago.

Dark Souls 1 is a bit overrated, Dark Souls 2 is underrated, 3's pretty fair and everyone loves Bloodborne.
I hate bloodborne. The weird art style, the mediocre graphics and the unnecessarily hard difficulty make it hard for me to enjoy it. I tried it when it was discounted and got quite far in the first level before giving up. The Soulsborne boner is something I won't understand.
Edit: the character creator looks deep at first but trying to do a female character looks like making a transgender person.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Un-certified Nurse

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

My female character looks fine.

And nah it isn't hard. It just brings you back to 8-bit platformer which only requires your patience and attention to study the pattern. When you got it, it'll be a cakewalk. That is why some people do a level 1 run because the game isn't only barred to stats.

That's the 'boner' is all about. Some of us do miss when a video game was actually something that challenges you and makes you figure things out yourself.

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'm always up for rather challenging titles like Shovel Knight, Witcher, Nier and playing ego shooters on the hardest difficulty. I just didn't like the challenge bloodborne is offering. I really don't have the patience to replay a large section or boss over 30 times this early in the game. I spend hours on the first main map until I finally managed to open that small gate but then died over and over again and didn't think it was enjoyable at all. I play games to relax after work and there are games out there that challenge you more fairly and you can actually progress without rage.

Of course I played games before that made me stuck, swear and die over and over again but it's nothing I want to experience throughout the whole game. My cup of tea is not as bitter as bloodborne :D

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yeah, I personally found it a little too...generic and game-y for my tastes.

Have to wonder how much the whole plucky indie dev thing has helped its reputation :p
  • MiamiViceCity likes this

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 3 weeks ago

I hate bloodborne. The weird art style, the mediocre graphics and the unnecessarily hard difficulty make it hard for me to enjoy it. I tried it when it was discounted and got quite far in the first level before giving up. The Soulsborne boner is something I won't understand.
Edit: the character creator looks deep at first but trying to do a female character looks like making a transgender person.

It's not arbitrary difficulty. You're not being unfairly punished or pushed into a corner with no way out - these games are built on the cornerstone of fair difficulty.

My female character looks fine.

And nah it isn't hard. It just brings you back to 8-bit platformer which only requires your patience and attention to study the pattern. When you got it, it'll be a cakewalk. That is why some people do a level 1 run because the game isn't only barred to stats.

That's the 'boner' is all about. Some of us do miss when a video game was actually something that challenges you and makes you figure things out yourself.

The interesting thing about the Souls game is they're not ''old school''; they're not difficult because FromSoft woke up one day and decided ''hey let's make a hard game''. Their thematic design necessitates difficulty and challenge - it's wholly cutting edge rather than being a throwback.

Yeah, I personally found it a little too...generic and game-y for my tastes.

Have to wonder how much the whole plucky indie dev thing has helped its reputation :p

CDPR are not indie devs in any way, shape or form past the ultra technical. They can afford to pour 80 million dollars into a single game and that is not an indie budget.

With that said, The Witcher is anything but generic. Very unique take on high fantasy.

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by fashion, 3 weeks ago.

Indie developer or not, is was an excellent game for newcomers and Witcher fans alike. I was glad I played W2 first on the 360. Still, if you compare these two, the difference between those games is absolutely mindblowing in every way. The story, soundtrack, gameplay, amount of content and graphics are miles ahead of the previous game. The fact that this game is made by an (ex) indie developer puts major developers to shame (especially regarding DLC tactics). W2 was alright but didn't make me a crazy witcher fan or anything like that. W3 took full potential of the Witcher lore and makes it incredibly believable that you're stepping into the shoes of the Witcher Geralt. This game made me buy the Witcher audio books I listened to at my old job while working.

The lore is definetly not generic. It's incredible how the lore handles the "medieval adventure" cliches. Witcher and Elder Scrolls are my favorite medieval/magic type fantasy lores and Witcher is definetly the more mature and believable of these two.

No matter if it's made by CDPR or R* games. It's a great game and worth checking out.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Un-certified Nurse

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

When I started Fallout 4, my friend started Witcher 3. Sure, he told me this and that which sounded good.

Two years later, still not trying. lel. That's me.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Un-certified Nurse

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

The interesting thing about the Souls game is they're not ''old school''; they're not difficult because FromSoft woke up one day and decided ''hey let's make a hard game''. Their thematic design necessitates difficulty and challenge - it's wholly cutting edge rather than being a throwback.

It's not strictly about the feeling of 'throwback' or 'old school' of course.

I read several discussions over gamefaqs and youtube and some players think this (Soulsborne) series reminds them how old games were designed back in the day: puts you in the stage without objective, punishes you for not being careful, requires you to study pattern, and so on, which is rare these days and they liked such good old challenge, on top of FromSoft's remarkable level design, game balance, sound design, character design, and lore. This thought is exactly what I agreed with and realized as I played through Bloodborne as my first Soulsborne without knowing anything about it beforehand other than the victorian gothic theme and character creation feature it carries.

That said, of course and again, I don't feel nostalgic of playing Super Mario Bros when I play Soulsborne games nor do I take them as 'old school' games. I've never read anyone do either. It's just the game design reminds me (and some people I read) of that classic challenge that usually delivered in the old games.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Census]
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by trip, 2 weeks ago.

Today is the first time I ever tried CoD online. I've played every single player campaign and never ever ever touched online until just a few minutes ago.
  • KilnerLUFC likes this

SabreGT7
  • SabreGT7

And the winner by knockout is...!

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago Edited by SabreGT7, A week ago.

Grand Theft Auto IV & Bully are my favourite games of all time.

The Warriors is my favourite movie video game.

Tom Clancy's Wildlands is the game I have most enjoyed this gen thus far.

I mostly really liked Mafia III

GTA 2 is the only PS1 game I still play to this day.

I tend to prefer Open world games.

Whilst I appreciate the writing & narratives in the Yakuza games, I find the gameplay gets tedious pretty quickly.

Sleeping Dogs was an awesome open world experience.

Red Dead Redemption 2 & Far Cry 5 are the only upcoming games I'm excited about. 

• MiamiViceCity likes this

JF Prodigy
  • JF Prodigy

(눈_눈)

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by JF Prodigy, 6 days ago.

- I think Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) had a great soundtrack.

- Saints Row 1 is my least favorite game in the franchise. It feels like a ripoff of San Andreas. Just felt stale

- Speaking of Saints Row, I hate how SR2 still isn't backwards compatible with XB1, yet SR4 gets all this publicity like it's the best in the series. (Not saying I hate SR4 - in fact, I was more hyped about it than GTA V and I enjoyed it, but come on.)

- Midnight Cub LA (Complete Edition) is my favorite racing game of all time.

- My biggest regret in terms of gaming is buying GTA V on PC.

- Back when I got SA2 for the Gamecube, the farthest I ever got on the Hero story was Pumpkin Hill and Radical Highway for Dark. 

- Sometimes I wonder if Rockstar and Volition devs play one another's games, which is why some vehicles in the GTA and Saints Row series share the same name.

• Street Mix and Wu-Tang Forever like this

Majesty Dreamworth
  • Majesty Dreamworth

Grand Marquess of Slumberdom

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I want to love Overwatch. In my mind, it's still a brilliant competitive game, but it doesn't lend itself at all to playing with randoms. I can't sign on because I find myself in moments of rage at the choices of my anonymous teammates that can only be described as "road rage by way of online game"

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

The idiots are taking over

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 6 days ago

Today is the first time I ever tried CoD online. I've played every single player campaign and never ever ever touched online until just a few minutes ago.

Intrigued to know which one it is.

MW2 and BO2 were my favourite and most played of the CoD games in respect to the MP mode. MW2 was an absolute blast until all the hacks became so rife within it.

MuntyJack
  • MuntyJack

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

I have just finished The Witcher 2 going to get the next version

SabreGT7
  • SabreGT7

And the winner by knockout is...!

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 days ago

I have always been a Sony person, but I purchased an XBOX 360 in 06 simply just so I could play Saints Row 1 & I'm glad I did, such a great game for its time IMO It really helped whilst I was waiting for IV, but then the daddy came out & I never really played it again.

I wish I still had a 360 so I could play it for nostalgia & to see if it's aged well. 

Majesty Dreamworth
  • Majesty Dreamworth

Grand Marquess of Slumberdom

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago Edited by Majesty Dreamworth, A day ago.

Super Mario Sunshine may be widely considered as among the lesser of the platforming giant's titles, but it is, as far as I'm concerned, the most thematically realized installment in the series (being that Mario is a plumber, and he's actually cleaning up sludge with a water pressure device). For this reason, it has the most respect from me as a 3D Mario game.

• Payne Killer likes this

KratosDrake
  • KratosDrake

Snazzy and shiny that's how I roll

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 4 hours ago

Just had my first experience with Earthbound, played up to the time where Buzz-Buzz sccidentally is killed. Beautiful (and weird) game. I can see why it is liked (still weird). But yeah, weird as hell. Next, I will download Star Fox for my emulator.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users