Your gaming confessions

224 replies to this topic
woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 April 2017 - 09:28 AM

I have gone strictly digital on the Pro. No disc has ever been inside my console.

Surely that means you're also needlessly spending about 20% more on each game than you really need to? PSN prices are a complete joke. 

Sony: "Hey guys, here's an idea. We'll create a digital store and charge 20% more than store prices for a hard copy. Yeah, I know, it's genius, right? We're actually selling them less product for more money!"

It's just easier than having discs.

LOL. Is moving legs and hands to buy/sell and insert/remove a disc a hard thing these days? :p

Back in PS2 era, I would plug in, plug off the console and the cables everytime I was going to play it because there wasn't a space for it.

It's not but I do like having everything available just by pressing buttons on the controller plus all games are installed on the PS4 anyway. There is no difference whatsoever beside the fact that you need a disc if you don't download. It also better for your console if you give the disc drive a rest.

Toreno6901
  • Toreno6901

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 05 April 2017 - 09:33 AM

I play sometimes MOB/Pocket games like Star Wars

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:44 AM

-I have over 400  games that are unplayed or played for a few minutes and dropped. I am still trying to complete as many as I can each year, 60 or so games completed last year and I want to top that record. So far so good.

-I bought GTA4 4 times.

-If a game gets very annoyning or has bad gameplay but I want to complete it then I will drop the difficulity to the easiest difficulity. Depending on why I am playing the game that is.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:29 PM

I am still trying to complete as many as I can each year, 60 or so games completed last year and I want to top that record. So far so good.

Where do you get the time to do that? :p

I'm lucky to finish 5. Then again I play more games than I actually finish.
  • ClaudeSpeed1911 likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:51 PM

It's not but I do like having everything available just by pressing buttons on the controller plus all games are installed on the PS4 anyway. There is no difference whatsoever beside the fact that you need a disc if you don't download. It also better for your console if you give the disc drive a rest.

There are a lot of differences actually. Games may come with physical merchandise inside/outside the box as bonus, be it map, stickers, bookmark, poster, steelcase, OST CD, etc. Not to forget the nicely printed sheet(s) and guide book for PS2/PS3 era, the neatly printed cover art and sometimes with sleeve with those embossed title and holograms. You know these are also where your money should have been gone for. You deserve these stuff and you won't get it when you pay more bucks for those funky digital version. In other words, you traded these stuff in and pay more just for a little more convenience for your thumb. lol.

The best part of console gaming? The ability to sell your copy back.

And don't worry about the disc drive. Disc drives are made to work, not to sit down as decoration. And if you're still worried, the PS4 optic only works during installation and disc checking as 'ownership license' before using the game. Other than that, the game works from the HDD.
  • Fuzzknuckles and ClaudeSpeed1911 like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:43 PM

There are a lot of differences actually. Games may come with physical merchandise inside/outside the box as bonus, be it map, stickers, bookmark, poster, steelcase, OST CD, etc.

That was basically my point. 

Imagine buying Witcher 3 on digital and paying 10-15 bucks more for it - and not getting the extra stuff bundled in the box. 

Or paying 10-15 bucks more for a copy of V but not getting a map. Sure, you can look at the map online, but it's not the same. And you paid more for less product. 

Or paying 10-15 bucks for a copy of Rocksmith, but not getting the cable that actually makes it possible to play the game. And you paid extra for that!

In-box content is definitely dying out, and I'm pretty sure this is a push from the hardware manufacturers so that people say "hey, well, there's nothing in the box so f*ck it, I'll just buy it on the store for a bit more so I don't even have to leave the house". 

• ClaudeSpeed1911 likes this

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 05 April 2017 - 07:17 PM

I am still trying to complete as many as I can each year, 60 or so games completed last year and I want to top that record. So far so good.

Where do you get the time to do that? :p

I'm lucky to finish 5. Then again I play more games than I actually finish.

Well it depends on the games I play, I am trying to complete the short ones first to get them out of the way so that's why I completed so many. It also helps that I had tons of free time these couple of years but its about to change. :)

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Toreno6901
  • Toreno6901

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:28 AM

Playing Minecraft and similar games on Android or iOS nowadays for me.

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

FN

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 06 April 2017 - 04:16 AM

Some Battlefield confessions:

-I don't like using homing missiles when I can just down an aircraft or a helicopter with a well-placed tank shell or RPG. It just feels epic to shoot somebody down that way.

-If I'm driving a vehicle and somebody is close to it, I'd rather just splatter them instead of shooting my cannon at them.

RogerWho
  • RogerWho

"Life is... weird."

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:03 PM

Imagine buying Witcher 3 on digital and paying 10-15 bucks more for it - and not getting the extra stuff bundled in the box. (...)

I was moving house a few weeks ago and my physical games and software took up 2 boxes. Digital does have advantages :lol: I like physical copies, but pretty much only because I want to have the backup for the case the digital provider goes under (which may not be immediately, but in 10 or 20 years).

The best of both worlds would be if a game came on physical media but after installation would NOT require any disc checks. Sadly, even on PC that was a very rare sight (several games distributed by CD Projekt, and about 3 or so by Ubisoft around 2007) and on consoles that doesn't happen at all obviously.

I mean, goodies? How many standard games come with anything extra these days? Collector's editions only, at most. And who has the space for that?

Not to mention that hunting down older physical games can be quite a pain, and costly, while digital versions sometimes go for peanuts on sale.

And of course there are games that are digital-only in the first place.

Also, reselling games is a crime. No, not a literal one and not even a philosophical one. But if I like a game at least a little, there's a good chance I will want to replay it at one point. Buying a new game, hastily finishing it over a weekend and bringing it back to the store... Who does that deserves to be whipped.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

here is wondering how long a member title actually could be

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 08 April 2017 - 04:37 PM

-I still miss my gameboy color

-i never finished the last of us because i found it to boring

-i have several games i never finished because i am more of a binge gamer, mainly concentrating on a few games per year

-overall i am not a good gamer, the only reason i can compete is because like said, i just play the specific games i play more then regular people would

-as a result, i do not have a lot of experience with a lot of titles.

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 09 April 2017 - 12:02 AM Edited by Evil-Empire, 09 April 2017 - 02:47 PM.

The most recent game I played is Tomb Raider Underworld.

RogerWho
  • RogerWho

"Life is... weird."

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 09 April 2017 - 01:40 AM

There are a couple of games that are so overwhelmingly great that I had to take a long break from them, sometimes never going back. Half-Life, Doom 3, Bully and Chronicles of Riddick are some examples (took a few months break from the first 2, never finished the other 2).

And overall the number of games I've finished is absolutely dwarfed by those I've started and never finished.

Interestingly, it's more likely I finish a game that's bland and boring (e.g. Mafia II) compared to ones that are very intense. It may also have something to do with difficulty though. I despise difficulty spikes and they often make ma abandon a game, in some cases that happens with final boss fights (e.g. Uncharted 2).

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 09 April 2017 - 03:53 AM

Oh hey, that's a confession for me:

I don't like Bully. Never have and likely never will.

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 09 April 2017 - 02:48 PM

I still play some very old games like Golden axe or The revenge of Shinobi even if they were both released in 1989.

iSaint9
  • iSaint9

SASAGEYO! SASAGEYO!

• Van Society
  • Spain

Posted 09 April 2017 - 06:07 PM

I've never played one of those games that have been considered "classics" for any 80's-90's kid: Zelda, Pokémon, Crash Bandicoot, Jak & Daxter. None of 'em. I just started playing some Pokémon games after PoGo was released, and I am planning to buy a 3DS with S&M for next Christmas.

scalliano
  • scalliano

Ice Cold Killa

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 09 April 2017 - 11:29 PM

I've never played Mass Effect. Bought the trilogy for PS3 recently and I'm now afraid to start it.

I never finished FFVIII. Got bored half way through disc 2.

I've played through Saints Row 2 as pretty much every conceivable character type several times.

I play a lot of import 2D shooters for various systems, despite being generally sh*t at them. I especially love the CAVE games, but I can't get very far in most of them without spamming continues (Espgaluda II being the only real exception).

I bought all of the GTA games for every system I own (all except GBA and NDS).

I bought all of the WipEout games for every system I own (except PC - can't run them properly on modern OS).

I bought all of the Doom games for every system I own.

I bought all of the Quake games (except ETQW) for every system I own. What can I say? I'm obsessive when it comes to stuff I'm a fan of.

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 10 April 2017 - 12:07 AM

I bought Tomb Raider Anniversary 10 years ago, stopped half-way during the summer 2007 because I was sick of that sh*t and never played the game again since.

KratosDrake
  • KratosDrake

Snazzy and shiny that's how I roll

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 10 April 2017 - 02:38 AM

- My guilty pleasure in gaming is Jackass: The Game. I love that game.
- I really like the NVZN minigame in Watch Dogs.
- I got stuck on Uncharted 3 on a swimming part. Never managed to pass it since.
Lots more, but that's it for the moment.

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 10 April 2017 - 09:38 AM

Even if I like a lot Indiana Jones and the infernal machine and plan to finish it again one day I haven't played it since september 2014. The reason is I always have a CTD when I do something I need to finish the level. I know I can fix this problem by using my previous Windows 98 PC but I'm just too lazy to do it.

SpooferJahk
  • SpooferJahk

*insert title here*

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:51 AM

-I hated Halo in a Moviebob like fashion because I felt it ruined the FPS genre and made the dumb kids I knew not appreciate teh best classic 90's shooters. I am glad to report that I grew up and came around on the series, I do not consider Halo to be an amazing FPS franchise but more of an evolution of what the console could do with the big bad FPS genre that the PC was master to for so long.

-MMORPGs are dull, boring experiences for me since it seems like an endless grindfest with no goal.

-I like Daggerfall, Morrowind, and Oblivion equally when it comes to the TES series, one is no better or worse than the other since they all have their major faults. Before anyone asks, I could not get into Arena and Skyrim is just meh to me.

-I do not like the look of GTA III on Xbox/Mobile. I like the chunky look of the OG version on PS2 and PC.

-Horror games have never scared me, and never will. Silent Hill, Resident Evil they did not really get under my skin even as a youngster when I played them when they were new. Closest game to make me spooked was Manhunt but that was because I could easily be stalked by some stark raving psycho in a smiley face mask in real life as well, which is scarier than any video game out there.

-I prefer to emulate the NES instead of playing on actual hardware. Unlike something like the SNES or Genesis, where there are some aspects of the original hardware that emulators don't mimic 100%, the NES has very minor differences in how it is played through emulation so I do not see a point in owning one.

-The N64 controller sucks thanks to how fragile it is.

-I actually ENJOYED Duke Nukem Forever! ;)

-I do not see Sonic as Sega's best, the only Sonic game I can say I enjoyed in almost all regards is Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Everything else is VERY hit and miss, even 1 and 2 I feel are not that great.

-I feel that some of Blizzard's finest stuff was before Warcraft was a thing. I still want to see a new Blackthorne or Lost Vikings, maybe a new Rock and Roll Racing.

-Goldeneye is overrated, Perfect Dark and the Timesplitters games are better in the Rareware shooter world.

• Sunrise Driver likes this

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:57 PM

I sometimes load my savegame 3 or 4 times when I play Max Payne with the katana mod just to behead or severe an arm to every enemy because I love gore and maiming my foes.

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Owner of Up-n-Atom Diner, Paleto Bay

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • None

Posted 11 April 2017 - 10:28 PM

I sometimes load my savegame 3 or 4 times when I play Max Payne with the katana mod just to behead or severe an arm to every enemy because I love gore and maiming my foes.

Any game that lets me decapitate or mutilate corpses, I do the same. I'm a sick f*ck in Fallout. I straight just cut people to pieces then eat them in these games and I LOVE IT.

Toreno6901
  • Toreno6901

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:46 AM

The most recent game I played is Tomb Raider Underworld.

20 years of Lara Croft , i played the Tomb Raider PS then it was really challenging.
Is it now going MMO, the gameplay?

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2017 - 03:09 AM

- I've never bought a game based on hype. My purchases are based on my own interest and decision. I only blame myself when I made a bad purchase and lesson will be learned.

- When my friend asks if the game I play is good, I always say "I don't know. Our preferences are different."

- My country was full of pirated games back then. PS3 era broke that down and original copy started to be supported. Because of that, people around told me to just use jailbroken PS3 because games were expensive and I said "nah". I was not afraid of paying 500% more for a game considering I wasn't an impulse buyer, backlogger, and was able to hold a purchase when there's other priority to come first.

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

The Butcher of Blaviken

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:50 PM

Racing/Automotive game confessions:

• Never a big fan of the Need for Speed franchise. I liked Hot Pursuit 2, Most Wanted 05, loved High Stakes, and Porsche Unleashed, and a bit of Shift, and Shift 2, but everything else doesn't click all that much to me. Underground, and Underground 2 IMO isn't all that great.
  •  While on the topic of NFS, Porsche Unleashed was probably one of the first games I played, alongside Gran Turismo 2. NFS: Porsche Unleashed is probably one of the reasons why I really adore Porsche.
  • I prefer Forza Motorsport to Forza Horizon. Even though FH3 is the best current-gen racer, but I prefer beating my own lap times, and racing other people. I guess I'm just too competitive of a person when it comes to racing. It's just the Multiplayer races in Motorsport that really annoys me. 7/10 times there is going to be the classic 1st lap destruction derby in a random lobby. 
  • Sadly, I don't have access to a high end PC, and play the more hardcore sims available there, at least Assetto Corsa made it's way to console. Great game, just lacks content though. 
  • Project CARS is very enjoyable... When it works out right for you. Physics are generally great, lot's of cars, and full of content, it's just a poorly optimized game, and hard to use on a regular controller. At least I have one of those expensive Thrustmaster wheels to at least tolerate the overall racing experience. Still sucks that a $300 add-on is one of few options that can make Project CARS truly shine as a racing simulator.
  • I still think that Gran Turismo is the quintessential racing series out there, but it slowly starting to grow stale with uninteresting gimmicks, and the overly long development time. GT Sport looks promising, but after playing the closed beta there is still a lot of room for improvement for now. The biggest problem with GT today is that is that it's charm, and appeal isn't there anymore. Small little details like city maps, car dealers, car washes, change oil, etc. aren't as interesting as they where in 2005. Recent GT's are still great games, and I prefer them to most current-gen racers, but they do not have the soul, and passion that it had. Gran Turismo 2, and Gran Turismo 4 are one of the best games of all time in my opinion, but currently it is a doubt that Polyphony can bring back the magic of the older titles.
  • I think the Midnight Club series is better than NFS. MCLA was jolly good fun to play, and I really miss playing it. It's not a game to be taken seriously, but it is really good.
  • TDU, and TDU2 had great ideas incorporated within them, with satellite scanned Oahu, and Ibiza, fast cars, big mansions, and player freedom as templates. It's such a shame that exploration, and racing where just boring with the terrible physics engine used by Eden Games. TDU1's was tolerable, but TDU2's physics where just plain sh*t. I still enjoyed the Role-Playing features with those games though.
  • Algonquin Assassin and LaBombaRomba like this

KratosDrake
  • KratosDrake

Snazzy and shiny that's how I roll

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:37 PM

- My guilty pleasure in gaming is Jackass: The Game. I love that game.
- I really like the NVZN minigame in Watch Dogs.
- I got stuck on Uncharted 3 on a swimming part. Never managed to pass it since.
Lots more, but that's it for the moment.

Gonna say and evaluate a bit more.

Evaluations:
- I don't like the Jackass game because it is good in my opinion. I like it because of the absurd and fun minigames i have extreme ease with.
- I only played Watch Dogs once at a friend's house. I completed the first mission, went to check Aiden's cellphone, played the NVZN minigame and liked it a lot. In retrospect, i hate the vehicle controls in that game. They feel like boats, because they are so hard to turn around.
- Nothing much to evaluate on the Uncharted part. I am dumb and can't somehow find the right controls to swim on that part. That is it.

Additions:
- I get very spooked at horror games. Seriously. Everytime I see a horror gameplay, i partially cover my eyes and lower the sound of my headphone. Here is the fun thing: most of those games I watch aren't scary at all and i feel like a dumb*** after watching them.
- I never finished Assassin's Creed III due to laziness. Didn't put all the artifacts on their places as Desmond in the endgame, and didn't like the massive parkour so much. Have to get around it one day.
- I hate stealth games. I am the kind of guy that either comes down to the fight punching down everybody like Rambo on steroids, or I shoot down everybody with a assault rifle or something. When it comes to stealth, I have to repeat that particular stealthy mission lots and lots of times.

That is it for the moment.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:31 AM

As much as I respect what Zelda is Nintendo games just don't do it for me anymore. It is too childish and cartoonish for my tastes.

I bought a PS2 recently just to play the old GTAS without all the cut content

I think Aloy from Horizon Zero Dawn is up there with Niko Belic and John Marston as far as great protagonists go

I think GTA V gets a bad rap but it pisses me off how online gets everything while SP is an afterthought.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:11 AM

Some more...

-I actually liked Call Of Juarez: The Cartel. Whilst this game was panned for departing from the old west theme and its technical issues when I looked beyond that I didn't mind it at all.

-Resident Evil 7 was the first Resident Evil game I ever played along with Resident Evil 4 (As it came with Resident Evil 7).

-My most expensive gaming purchase was in 2002 when I was desperate to get Vice City (uncensored btw) and before its official release date I got a copy from the U.K for $190 just for extra blood, sex with hookers and playing it earlier than the Aussie release.  :blush:

-I'm not a single console only player anymore which is why I've owned each generation of Playstation and XBOX since they started competing with eachother. Love them both for different reasons.

• Wu-Tang Forever and LincolnClay like this

Wu-Tang Forever
  • Wu-Tang Forever

Since I'm not popular, I'll post on a video game forum

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:02 AM

* When I was really little, I got scared by games really easily - like my parents played SNES and Genesis, and there was a time I was so scared that I tried to ban them from playing anything, haha. Jurassic Park on the Sega Genesis was the stuff of nightmares to me - that damn T.rex bursting through the wall and the intro to the raptor's campaign SCARED THE HELL out of me. And even more embarrassingly, the final boss of Donkey Kong Country 2 scared me so badly I was apparently screaming and crying for my mom to stop playing. Yep, this guy:

* I grew out of it a few years later though. Notably, I'd watch my dad playing Duke Nukem 3D, and I thought Duke was just the coolest and would imitate him. I distinctly remember saying "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum" and my mom being... less than amused. Then there was the time we were at damn Thanksgiving dinner with family, and I was grinding on a wall pretending to be the strippers in the intro of A Time to Kill for... some reason. What was wrong with me?! Haha.

* The only game I've ever returned the same day I got it was Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness. What a broken piece of sh*t. People talk sh*t about Assassin's Creed Unity (and not without reason), but at least that was mostly graphical issues (from what I saw) and the game itself was at the very least playable.

* I actually kinda liked Resident Evil 6. Yeah, they took Resident Evil and turned it into a generic linear third-person shooter, but it was a fun third-person shooter. And IMO it played better than 5.

* I am a complete sucker for the Ubisoft open world formula. Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Ghost Recon: Wildlands - I eat it up.

• Algonquin Assassin, HaythamKenway, The Deadite and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users