18 replies to this topic
sleepwalk1980
  • sleepwalk1980

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 31 March 2017 - 11:21 AM

Are speed boosts still broken?

Has the new update broken the boosts in the creator?

I can't figure out if it has. The sound effect and the flash that happenes when you go over the boost is gone... Can't work out of there is a speed boost or not?

LordMarvel
  • LordMarvel

Born to Reign.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 March 2017 - 11:56 AM

Unfortunate error in the creator. If you publish the race, the boosts will be working perfectly. Sound effects and all. :) 

teltow
  • teltow

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2017 - 04:13 PM

Still kind of broken, sometimes... Mine work again if I restart the game each time they cease to work in the creator. Happened 4 or 5 times.

If you publish the race, the boosts will be working perfectly. Sound effects and all.

Yes, but many elder custom stunt races don't work anymore cause they changed the strength of the boosts. That's really sad, so much effort, work and testing time for nothing. Some of my favourite races are unplayable now. If they would change it back some of the newer stunt races might not work correctly anymore =)
It's a lose/lose situation.

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Creator & GTA Photographer

• Members
  • Spain
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 31 March 2017 - 04:15 PM

Still kind of broken, sometimes... Mine work again if I restart the game each time they cease to work in the creator. Happened 4 or 5 times.

If you publish the race, the boosts will be working perfectly. Sound effects and all.

Yes, but many elder custom stunt races don't work anymore cause they changed the strength of the boosts. That's really sad, so much effort, work and testing time for nothing. Some of my favourite races are unplayable now. If they would change it back some of the newer stunt races might not work correctly anymore =)
It's a lose/lose situation.

They also changed the strengths of Slow Down Pads too which effed up a few of my races.

sleepwalk1980
  • sleepwalk1980

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 April 2017 - 06:37 PM

Unfortunate error in the creator. If you publish the race, the boosts will be working perfectly. Sound effects and all. :)

Kinda stiffs you in the creator cuz you can't judge jump distances properly.

teltow
  • teltow

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:50 AM

Okay, I stand corrected. They work in the Creator. It's just the sound and visual effect that disappears. I tested it.

Now I just need to know how to cope with the different physics of cars in the Creator and live. I think the creator was never meant to create stunt races and it shows.

• sleepwalk1980 likes this

sleepwalk1980
  • sleepwalk1980

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:17 PM

Okay, I stand corrected. They work in the Creator. It's just the sound and visual effect that disappears. I tested it.

That's a relief!!

sleepwalk1980
  • sleepwalk1980

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:14 PM

Typical.

Rockstar disavowing themselves of all responsibility and not acknowledging the fact that their own product is greatly underpar.

Oh and then they closed the ticket so I can't reply...

0Yb8sUM.png

Twats.

teltow
  • teltow

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 April 2017 - 02:35 PM

=)))

Yeah sure, it was a game design decision that the boosts lose its sound and visual effects in the creator under certain circumstances! Sounds legit!

They were sitting in a conference room and thinking about how to make the game better, when suddenly someone came up with the idea to disable sound & visuals from the boosts from time to time. But only in the creator...

• AGNT009 likes this

sleepwalk1980
  • sleepwalk1980

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:02 AM

Ok so it seems in some races the sound and visual effect is back... Now I've encountered a new problem...

This race I have, Tongva! Tongva! Tongva!, was featured by Broughy and subsequently reworked after his review (obvious humblebrag)

Anyhoo, there used to be 1 Normal Boost before the big jump that got you over it no sweat.

So I test it and 1 Normal Boost doesn't cut it anymore - not even 2 Strong Boosts get you over. WTF?! Have the Boost pads been nerfed?!

• REXX likes this

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Creator & GTA Photographer

• Members
  • Spain
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 14 April 2017 - 08:31 AM

Ok so it seems in some races the sound and visual effect is back... Now I've encountered a new problem...

This race I have, Tongva! Tongva! Tongva!, was featured by Broughy and subsequently reworked after his review (obvious humblebrag)
Anyhoo, there used to be 1 Normal Boost before the big jump that got you over it no sweat.

So I test it and 1 Normal Boost doesn't cut it anymore - not even 2 Strong Boosts get you over. WTF?! Have the Boost pads been nerfed?!

From what I've seen and experienced, yes they have. Including the Slow Down pads.

teltow
  • teltow

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:46 PM

In my case sounds+ are not "back". When I go directly into the creator they work with sound+ (in the creator). Going from some racing to work on a race in the creator sounds and visuals are gone. Then I have to restart the game from  desktop to make them work again.

And yes, boosts are indeed nerfed, which sucks big time.

sleepwalk1980
  • sleepwalk1980

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:14 AM

giphy.gif

• teltow likes this

Foxy Stevenson
  • Foxy Stevenson

WASTED

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 15 April 2017 - 06:54 PM Edited by Foxy Stevenson, 15 April 2017 - 06:56 PM.

Guys no need to lose your sh*t for some glitch on the creator, it still works in the actual normal race... jesus...

Also for some wierd reason the boost on the creator aren't as strong as on the actual race, and it's been like this since it's launch in case you guys were wondering.

You're welcome.

sleepwalk1980
  • sleepwalk1980

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 April 2017 - 06:34 AM

Guys no need to lose your sh*t for some glitch on the creator, it still works in the actual normal race... jesus...

Also for some wierd reason the boost on the creator aren't as strong as on the actual race, and it's been like this since it's launch in case you guys were wondering.

You're welcome.

True - but it makes it very difficult to judge distances when building jumps as the boosts behave one way on test and another way when published.

It's frustrating spending ages on a race only to find out it's unplayable once published...

• AGNT009 and teltow like this

teltow
  • teltow

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:22 PM

Guys no need to lose your sh*t for some glitch on the creator, it still works in the actual normal race

Nah, I prefer to lose my sh*t =))
It's a pain in the A55 to work on stunt races like this. I don't know if boosts are behaving differently in the creator vs live but what's even much worse, cars do.

I have to switch permanently between the Creator and live to figure out if stunts work as they do in the Creator which is very time consuming. If they don't work live I have to guess in the Creator how to set them up, then test it successfully even if some stunts don't work, cause they might work now live. The sound/visual boosts effects thing is just the icing on the cake.

Never had these problems before the update.

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Happy Birthday! Azu-nyan (11/11)

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:51 PM Edited by Tails Prower, 29 April 2017 - 08:29 AM.

Speed boosts seem to be working normally in creator again.

I finally managed to finish my Rocket Voltic race and all the boosts operated correctly in the creator and race test.

sleepwalk1980
  • sleepwalk1980

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:00 AM

Thank f*ck for that!

With boosts acting up in races and the spawn glitch gone in DMs, I was making Captures left right and centre. Started to get bored with them! :)

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Happy Birthday! Azu-nyan (11/11)

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 April 2017 - 08:31 AM

Yes I've also finished my Ruiner 2000 race and again everything worked in creator and test mode. Only issue I have now is I keep exceeding the model

memory and having to scrap/change parts of my work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users