Quantcast

» «
Photo

3 years later....Greenrock's how do you view GTA V overall

71 replies to this topic
ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

GTA V = The Anti-Snore (IV) AKA The Snore Killer!

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2017 - 12:12 PM

I just take it on its own merits now. It's pointless being negative and bitter. I'm glad I gave the game another chance like I did with Mafia III.

I totally agree with this, even though you and I have drastically different opinions about the two PS3/360 Era GTA games, respectively.

The only complaints I actually support, not just in terms of agreement but philosophically, are about how Rockstar has basically decided to willfully screw the SP community with our pants on. I mean, its one thing to make gameplay that some may not like as much as, say San Andreas, or a story that some my argue about or disagree about and debate back and forth between IV and V. But to sit down and formulate a plan that they KNOW will disappoint all the people who bought this game for SP, in a flagrant attempt to bully SP gamers to go online, in the hopes of increasing IAP revenue, is disgusting.

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Grand Theft Auto V: A huge improvement over snore (IV)

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 03 September 2017 - 02:29 PM

I just take it on its own merits now. It's pointless being negative and bitter. I'm glad I gave the game another chance like I did with Mafia III.

And you did the right thing :)
  • Algonquin Assassin likes this

Nico
  • Nico

Amused to death

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 03 September 2017 - 02:57 PM

Still feels like a game tailored specifically for the young, new casual players. Too many "gameplay" and very little substance. But hey, who cares about the traditional GTA fans, they all must be adults with life, jobs and little time to play by now.

Sometimes I wish this world we live in wasn't too f*cking driven by what the newer generations want.

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2017 - 04:22 PM Edited by ChiroVette, 03 September 2017 - 04:24 PM.

Still feels like a game tailored specifically for the young, new casual players.

I totally disagree. I am neither young nor am I new or casual. I have been a hardcore GTA fan since GTA III first launched. I have played all the games since then, and have LOVED every one of them, except for GTA IV, which most people here know already.

I don't see how anyone can say that this game is tailored toward casuals, children (young people) or GTA newbies. Makes no sense to me. From where I sit, GTA V is the culmination of all that is fantastic in the series, and is several huge leaps and bound forward.

Everything from the polish of the story, the comedy, the acting, the incredible map, the sheer, mind-numbing variety and quality of the gameplay, and the scope of the game. Character switching is amazing and handled very well. The game is like some blockbuster, Hollywood action movie come to life.

Too many "gameplay" and very little substance.

Awesome gameplay, lots of substance. I have no idea where you derive this "little substance" argument from. The dialog, pace, and action of the story are excellent. the gameplay is really fleshed out, as are the characters, not to mention the addition of a ton of flyables, stock market, businesses, an In-game Internet, Chop...I cannot, for the life of me, see what you mean when you say little substance.

This game absolutely oozes substance!

But hey, who cares about the traditional GTA fans, they all must be adults with life, jobs and little time to play by now.

Well other than a lack of SP support, obviously Rockstar cares. This game is a home run in so many ways, and as a veteran GTA fan, I couldn't be happier with the launch version of the SP game (again, except for lack of SP support).

You act like you speak for all the adult GTA fans, and I completely disagree. Most of the critics are adults, and they loved the game. All my gamer friends are adults. and they do as well.

Adult games?

LMAO what do you think this is, Mario Kart? This is GTA, dude. It has plenty of adult themes.

Sometimes I wish this world we live in wasn't too f*cking driven by what the newer generations want.

And thankfully GTA is proof that there are still games made for adults.

Its amazing, dude. I have a nephew who is in his mid teens and he is into gaming. Most of his games are either online shooters or those "adventure" RPG's that are so obviously tailored to kids. He grew up on all the Nintendo games like various Mario iterations and a lot of the "Teen" and "Everyone" games. If you think GTA is catering to young gamers, then no offense, but you don't have a clue. Whenever we get together, he and I I play some of my nephew's MANY young-player games, and I can tell you unequivocally that GTA V is an adult game.

Maybe not an AO Rated, but certainly not meant for teens and kiddies.

LMAO of all the criticisms that really seem contrived and a real reach, you really take the cake with this one.

I mean, four years later, can't you just accept the fact that maybe, just maybe, for whatever reason, YOU personally don't like GTA V? Something I can completely respect, by the way. But when you have to actually manufacture and invent criticisms that make absolutely no contextual sense whatsoever, I have to call you on it.

This is an ADULT game, created and custom made for OLDER audiences. Your assertion is completely ludicrous. Seriously, just say you don't like the game. That's cool.

beretta-gt88
  • beretta-gt88

Muscle cars rule!

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2017 - 04:41 PM

It's like a movie, if you try to play missions differently or a more thought out way it always end in a fail.

I like the story, but it's way too short and after it's all over theirs nothing left worth doing. I bet every side activity that would of extended the fun was cut before release and was cut on purpose, to get players to play online.

Everything that should of been in the game are added to online only.

What's so special about online that multiplayer's get everything? It takes hours and weeks to earn enough money to get these things what's the fun in that?

6/10

Grand Theft Auto V could of been the best single game ever made.

if R* hadn't with held everything from story mode just to release it to online later on.

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2017 - 04:46 PM

What's so special about online that multiplayer's get everything? It takes hours and weeks to earn enough money to get these things what's the fun in that?

if R* hadn't with held everything from story mode just to release it to online later on.

I may not agree with your assessment of the game as a 6/10, but the stuff in the quote I saved of your post I completely agree with. The truth is that as much as I love GTA V and think it is an amazing game, there is so much missed SP potential that was intentionally left out due to corporate thuggery and greed. So even if we disagree about "the game we actually have" we are on the same page about the Online killing the SP.

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:17 AM

Still feels like a game tailored specifically for the young, new casual players. Too many "gameplay" and very little substance. But hey, who cares about the traditional GTA fans, they all must be adults with life, jobs and little time to play by now.

Really? You think torture, sex, violence are for young? I had no idea what you talking about lol. If you don't like GTA V, just say it. You don't need to find a stupid reason like saying it was for younger player

so much missed SP potential

No, GTA V only missed a lot of potential in old gen (I would rate old gen as 9/10). But the next gen has everything we want (and even more), so next gen would be 19295827592759/10 for me

Heck no, tbh, R* did give DLC for both SP and MP until late 2015, and I actually liked that. Why? Because updates starting since late 2015 are starting to become over-the-top, if R* also put this update to SP, then GTA V would become inconsistent, R* did the right thing by not adding Online features to SP

Efreet
  • Efreet

I will keep you in black, on your behalf

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:43 AM

Beautiful world to explore and look at, but it wasn't used to its full potential in single player. The story and characters were the least interesting since GTA 3, and other things, such as driving physics, were simplified from the standards that GTA 4 established. Due to this, and other unrelated factors, it was my shortest Grand Theft Auto experience. 

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:45 AM Edited by Tycek, 04 September 2017 - 11:09 AM.

You're losing your edge MVC. Nobody will take you for hardcore IV fan if you keep writing things like that.

• gunziness likes this

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:16 PM Edited by ChiroVette, 04 September 2017 - 12:17 PM.

You're losing your edge MVC. Nobody will take you for hardcore IV fan if you keep writing things like that.

That's true. His response was fair, measured, and reasonable. So nobody would take him for one of the butthurt-V-hating-IV-fanboys that frequent this forum pretending they represent the entire GTA fanbase and spend their time trashing V YEARS after the game launched.

No, GTA V only missed a lot of potential in old gen (I would rate old gen as 9/10). But the next gen has everything we want (and even more), so next gen would be 19295827592759/10 for me

You misunderstood my point. I was NOT in any way saying that the SP game itself was anemic or lacking in content. I was talking specifically about all of the updates with massive content that Rockstar released for Online exclusively, after making pre-release claims about a robust SP DLC roll-out after V released. While technically it was never "promised," I think it is pretty clear that Rockstar's intent, before V launched and they saw Online for the cash cow that it ended up becoming, was to release episodes, similar to IV's EFLC, and to "continue the adventures of Michael, Trevor, and Franklin." Their words.

So, yes, SP is amazing, incredibly satisfying in and of itself, as a standalone GTA game. Many people do forget that we did get a few SP trinkets in the form of weapons, and some hangars and garages and such. But that was nothing compared to the awesome content brought to Online.

• CGFforLife likes this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:47 PM

You misunderstood my point. I was NOT in any way saying that the SP game itself was anemic or lacking in content. I was talking specifically about all of the updates with massive content that Rockstar released for Online exclusively, after making pre-release claims about a robust SP DLC roll-out after V released. While technically it was never "promised," I think it is pretty clear that Rockstar's intent, before V launched and they saw Online for the cash cow that it ended up becoming, was to release episodes, similar to IV's EFLC, and to "continue the adventures of Michael, Trevor, and Franklin." Their words.

So, yes, SP is amazing, incredibly satisfying in and of itself, as a standalone GTA game. Many people do forget that we did get a few SP trinkets in the form of weapons, and some hangars and garages and such. But that was nothing compared to the awesome content brought to Online.

I'm sorry. And I actually don't really mean that old gen has missed potential, it's just that new gen stuff make me think about it

SP is amazing and deserve to be called a beautiful masterpiece, while there indeed a lot of cool thing are added for online only, I think there's a few thing that at least should be added to SP, like purchasable property, bigger garage, and some realistic weapon and vehicles (since most DLC weapon and cars are starting to become over-the-top). Other than that, I don't really mind, because a lot of thing in online wouldn't suit to SP theme, I mean, it wouldn't make sense if Michael, Franklin or Trevor own a bunker, an office, a car storage. It's just would make SP inconsistent, while I still pissed the feature that I listed above weren't available in SP, it's good that R* doesn't add every single online thing to SP

about SP DLC, I get a feeling that R* are using online as a cash grabbing as a budget to make GTA VI, Perhaps R* want to make SP DLC, but thinking that it would need a lot of work, they abandoned the idea, and instead continuously add online-only DLC instead. This might be the same as EFLC

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:49 PM

GTA IV's still the king (well at least to me it is). Remember that.;)

However I'm kinda over pointing out everything I feel GTA V does wrong. I started to get sick of repeating myself like a broken record. I'm horrified looking back through older posts and realising I used to do it almost daily.

It's not like I absolutely love it though. My disappointments still reign true, but like the revelation I had with Mafia III I just find it easier to push those feelings to the side and see the game for what it is than what it isn't and think "Hey this is actually pretty good" you know?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users