3 years later....Greenrock's how do you view GTA V overall

71 replies to this topic
M0rk
  • M0rk

never look down on someone unless u gettin head

• Members
  • Zimbabwe
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 03 April 2017 - 05:27 PM Edited by M0rk, 03 April 2017 - 05:27 PM.

better than iv 2/10

• ragedandcaged likes this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:38 PM Edited by Journey_95, 03 April 2017 - 08:53 PM.

Its a flawed game but still fun, I have replayed it 2 times since 2013 and overall had an enjoyable experience.

What I liked:

- Los Santos and Blaine county. great open world to explore. Its very well crafted as expected from Rockstar

- Michael as a protag is refreshing and the chemistry between the three is very well done. I dont even mind Trevor anymore

- improved gameplay 

- Some missions are fun and there is no doubt more variety here.

- Good soundtrack that gives the game a more cinematic feel.

Problems:

- Bad villians. We always had a good villian iN GTA games even if the story sucked (See SA, Tenpenny is a f*cking legend) but in GTA V all sucked. Be it Madrazzo, Cheng, Haines, Weston etc. no one was threatening

- focus on corrupt government. Some missions would have been fine (and the FIB and IAA rivalry was already clear in GTA IV) but there was no need to make it the main focus of the story.

- Story is too lighthearted. There was so much potential for a more serious story (see North Yankton mission) but they waste it with bad jokes all the time

-Dumbed down physics and driving + way too much focus on Online

Looking back its a 7/10 for me. Doesn't come close to GTA IV which was a masterpiece and bold in many ways, V feels too safe and generic in comparison. I hope GTA VI is better, a return to one protagonist should be the first step

• Algonquin Assassin, Efreet, Official General and 6 others like this

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:04 AM Edited by ACM-Jan, 04 April 2017 - 02:11 AM.

@ ACM-Jan

You quoted and mentioned IV a lot more than you needed to in this subject that's exclusively focused on your opinions of V as it stands now. He's not blind, he's only going by what you wrote, and he's totally right. You're beginning to sound like Osho, who eventually became a pariah because of his obsession with criticising IV and mentioning it at any given opportunity.

listen here douches, i am nothing like osho, i was still mad at this gta 4 because i finally gave it a chance and it let me down!

I want to be clear that I like gta 5 the most in the series, driving is perfect, planes are available in hd and huge world to enjoy and explore!

Since i like looking over the map mostly i appreciate the variety and different sizes of planes which also made alot of missions more fun!

You better stop stirring sh*t up and avoid meeting my darker side and risking turning me into actually the guy you call osho! (pretty sure you were responsible for him acting like he did)

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:27 AM

@ ACM-Jan

You quoted and mentioned IV a lot more than you needed to in this subject that's exclusively focused on your opinions of V as it stands now. He's not blind, he's only going by what you wrote, and he's totally right. You're beginning to sound like Osho, who eventually became a pariah because of his obsession with criticising IV and mentioning it at any given opportunity.

listen here douches, i am nothing like osho, i was still mad at this gta 4 because i finally gave it a chance and it let me down!
I want to be clear that I like gta 5 the most in the series, driving is perfect, planes are available in hd and huge world to enjoy and explore!
Since i like looking over the map mostly i appreciate the variety and different sizes of planes which also made alot of missions more fun!
You better stop stirring sh*t up and avoid meeting my darker side and risking turning me into actually the guy you call osho! (pretty sure you were responsible for him acting like he did)

Bro, my advice is just try to stick to the script and talk more about V in a V exclusively-focused thread, not to bring IV up to criticise at any given opportunity, or else you end up derailng the topic, which don't go down to well with most others on here. I couldn't give a sh*t as to what you decide to turn into, you could turn into a warthog for all I care.
  • anthony, ClaudeSpeed1911, Piggsy pls and 5 others like this

Johnny Spaz
  • Johnny Spaz

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2017 - 04:55 AM

better than iv 2/10

OK Soulja Slim 😂😂

Sigh Why do they let kids in here
  • anthony likes this

M0rk
  • M0rk

never look down on someone unless u gettin head

• Members
  • Zimbabwe
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:20 AM Edited by M0rk, 04 April 2017 - 07:20 AM.

better than iv 2/10

OK Soulja Slim

Sigh Why do they let kids in here

i'm a kid for preferring v over iv?

yeah ok nice makes a lot of sense  

• Payne Killer and ragedandcaged like this

Dee.
  • Dee.

GTAV= Style over substance

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:13 AM

Its weird. Im mad at R* for kinda f*cking SP fans over but yet I put more than 200 hours into this game and I have bought it multiple times. Im a corporate slave.

7.8/10

• theGTAking101 and LincolnClay like this

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:32 AM Edited by ClaudeSpeed1911, 04 April 2017 - 11:34 AM.

@ ACM-Jan

Dark side? somehow that made me laugh. This forum has rules and if you want to turn into Osho then do so however no one is to blame other than you if you get banned. The fact you also use douche when no one insulted you to begin with tells me how you don't even realize that you are heading into the "dark side" you hate so much.

I personally would have loved if the mixed San Andreas with IV, two different beasts in one but what we got was a GTA clone that would have been good had the game not been called GTA since then I wouldn't be reminded of the legacy the prior games in the series. 

I understand people didn't like the dark story of the IV trilogy however that could have been fixed in a better way than to make a cliche story with so much negativity (why is everyone so bitchy? the characters and even the peds are this way) I loved how the police were friendly with the player if he hadn't done anything bad or how people wouldn't insult eachother as much as this, negativity existed but was still balanced. They had the perfect chance to give everyone what they liked. Michael could have had a good contrast between crime and a peaceful rich family like Breaking Bad, Franklin would explore the hood and show the struggle that many faces in these areas. Trevor would explore the country life that wasn't that explored in the earlier games and even show more of the drug running aspect. Instead we got a story that was focused on Michael with Agent style sh*t and of the most annoyning characters ever made.

If it were up to me I would't make the characters meet like in the final game, they would meet for crimes like heists or jobs that are professional. The more we see their daily lives, the better. If a series like Yakuza (which is very awesome with one of the best stories ever made in a game) can balance the game with some of the darkest and sadest sh*t ever in a video game but lets the player do silly side stories which doesn't ruin the game and are both funny and sad sometimes then Rockstar can make GTA like this.

So to sum it up. Make the storyline more about the characters rather than the jokes about how the USA is corrupt and how stereotypical it can be then act like they are smart for showing that. People know about that and it doesn't need pointing out. IV and prior had a good balance.

• B Dawg, Tycek, Official General and 2 others like this

LincolnClay
  • LincolnClay

F*ck Take Two Interactive...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:21 PM

Its weird. Im mad at R* for kinda f*cking SP fans over but yet I put more than 200 hours into this game and I have bought it multiple times. Im a corporate slave.

7.8/10

Aren't we all?

But yeah, despite its very obvious flaws, I still come back to play a little more of the story. F*ck online though, I'm finished with that.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:46 PM

So to sum it up. Make the storyline more about the characters rather than the jokes about how the USA is corrupt and how stereotypical it can be then act like they are smart for showing that. People know about that and it doesn't need pointing out. IV and prior had a good balance.

You couldn't have put it any better :^: 

V was so overdosed and awash with parody and satire of American culture, lifestyle and politics that it overlooked what was supposed to be the main focus of it's storyline - the game's protagonists, the life of crime that revolves around their existence and makes up their identities.

• Cutter De Blanc, ClaudeSpeed1911 and TheHumanIsland like this

Pierug
  • Pierug

World conqueror

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:37 PM Edited by Pierug, 04 April 2017 - 07:38 PM.

I did enjoy the game, the story, but for me it was too weak, short etc...

I was so hyped but then i felt disappointed because i didn't like online, and i never played it, and the game is focused ONLY on it, so i rate this game 10

out of 100.

MechanicMammal
  • MechanicMammal

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:31 PM

It is still one of my fave games online, Technically it is a really good game my main issue has always been the story line protagonists, I do not actually like or relate to them and had no desire to make there lives better! In earlier GTA games I actually cared if Tommy, Nico or Carl succeeded, when it came to the final mission on 5 I wanted there to be a option to end all of there stories.

But the game is still really good overall and if you embrace online it is constantly evolving to the point that in a way it is constantly a new game.

Story mode really should have had story DLC's like "TBOGT" and "The Lost and Damned" on I would have paid through the nose for a "Return of CJ the second coming" DLC (including Jet pack) which revolves around CJ re asserting his dominance.

Or a "Lost and Damned 2" where the main story is tracking down and dealing with Trevor in a most unpleasant way.

It has faults but even compared to new release standards I would still rate 8.5/10.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:10 PM Edited by ACM-Jan, 04 April 2017 - 11:12 PM.

I rephrase my official opionion on gta 5!

I think it is 10/10 story, perfect handling for majority of vehicles and nice graphics, only things i dont like was hitting the windshiled while doing "drive-by", swerving drivers (i call them NPC vigilante group) and homing missile & super accurate police action, otherwise great game with balanced physics!

Offtopic: could mod delete my previous posts in here and edit out others quotes/replies about them, it's f**ked up thread otherwise!

GTAUrbanCamping
  • GTAUrbanCamping

Urban Camper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:18 PM

I liked the story. Wasnt the best, but its fun. Online is pretty boring. I play alone for the vehicles and nothing more.

I have mixed feelings on the map. I LIKE parts of it, but the layout was not well thought out. I enjoy the rural and wilderness, but alot was wasted on unusable mountaibs. Id rather more dirt roads or another small town like Grapeseed
  • ClaudeSpeed1911 likes this

HailHydra
  • HailHydra

Bank Robber, sometimes RnG

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 06 April 2017 - 01:10 PM

Amazing gameplay, amazing map, amazing customization. Why people give this game such a low rating When this game has a lot of replay value? Does people even play a real bad game? Or is it because of their bias and nostalgia? Like really? I'd give this game a 9,3/10.

theGTAking101
  • theGTAking101

Get out of my sight, or I'll kill you.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:06 PM

As much as I've sh*t on this game in the past, I'll say it was well worth buying the game twice considering how many hours I've put into it.

• Official General and Payne Killer like this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 April 2017 - 05:20 AM

As much as I've sh*t on this game in the past, I'll say it was well worth buying the game twice considering how many hours I've put into it.

As much as I've heavily criticised this game (and still deservedly so), I can honestly say it was well worth buying it again on PC. The mods for V on PC and it's amazing technical performance, give me a great amount of motivation to pick up this game and play it, something that the console versions couldn't do.
  • Piggsy pls, mariana_dm1989 and LincolnClay like this

TheHumanIsland
  • TheHumanIsland

See The Eye

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:17 PM

Honestly, best game since GTA IV, but not the best GTA. It's an awesome game and it even astounds other triple aaa dev houses and shames many of the top games. But it's still not the best GTA, even though it is an awesome game.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:27 PM

Honestly, best game since GTA IV, but not the best GTA. It's an awesome game and it even astounds other triple aaa dev houses and shames many of the top games. But it's still not the best GTA, even though it is an awesome game.

Personally I still think Rockstar's best game since IV is RDR.

• Cutter De Blanc and Payne Killer like this

AzelfandQuilava
  • AzelfandQuilava

Only the cursed survive...

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 07 April 2017 - 11:04 PM

Solid 6.5 out of 10.

TheHumanIsland
  • TheHumanIsland

See The Eye

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2017 - 06:14 AM Edited by TheHumanIsland, 08 April 2017 - 06:15 AM.

Personally I still think Rockstar's best game since IV is RDR.

I don't. I think RDR could have been a lot f*cking better if san diego did their f*cking job and no one had to be fired. RDR1 could have been so much better if they just let more people in earlier. Watch, rdr2 is going to show how good RDR1 could have been. New generation, same standard - but we're going to show you that game was sh*t - watch.

North had to come in and fix that sh*t, they did more work there than even on noire project. RDR is OVERRATED. It should have been perfect considering the sh*t people went through to meet IV release, and RDR didn't even have a real deadline, everyone suffered - you don't even know what people went through.

Divorces. Custody battlers afterward.

RDR was sh*t and it was barely even better than PS2 age. It was the "best ps2 game" with "a bit of extended memory" at best - it was... look, you were not there. I was.

I am the one who survived, and RDR2 will probably prove it. We tried. The end.

anthony
  • anthony

Nobody cares, nobody f*cking cares.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 April 2017 - 08:01 AM

I think RDR could have been a lot f*cking better

How ? In what way ?

if san diego did their f*cking job and no one had to be fired

What are you talking about ? Do you have some proof of that ?

Watch, rdr2 is going to show how good RDR1 could have been

-RDR was released in 2010, and it can't be exact but I will imagine that RDR 2 was released in 2018.

-Which mean there is 8 years between the two games.

How RDR2 can show that if the previous game was on the previous generation of console 8 years ago on the old engine ! 

It can't. Except if you talk about the storyline..

ut we're going to show you that game was sh*t 

RDR was sh*t and it was barely even better than PS2 age. It was the "best ps2 game" with "a bit of extended memory" at best - it was... look, you were not there. I was.

What ? Doesn't make your opinion valid.

• theGTAking101 likes this

TheHumanIsland
  • TheHumanIsland

See The Eye

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2017 - 08:47 AM Edited by TheHumanIsland, 08 April 2017 - 08:53 AM.

proof of that?

lol i could prove it all day, but you can just google it =) all their "wives" crying and their bullsh*t, crybaby west coast rockstars. corny and fired, and deserved it, crybabies - you are out of your league, you better go learn, or We're going to embarrass you next. If you make me write about this again, I'm going to make you sorry about it, you were fired, and you know why.

You might be a fanboy, maybe - I don't know - but what I said is the truth - and they were fired, and the whole studio was shuffled - you don't ask me those questions, you go google and use your stupid little brain, and then you don't make that kind of stupid post or ask me those stupid questions again, k?

R*

anthony
  • anthony

Nobody cares, nobody f*cking cares.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:13 AM Edited by anthony, 08 April 2017 - 09:44 AM.

lol i could prove it all day, but you can just google it =)

So, prove it then ? I'm not the one who need to search you a proof for what you are saying. 

you are out of your league, you better go learn, or We're going to embarrass you next. If you make me write about this again, I'm going to make you sorry about it, you were fired, and you know why.

Hum okay.

You might be a fanboy, maybe

What's that ? I like the game, that's all.

but what I said is the truth

Not until you prove it.

you don't ask me those questions, you go google and use your stupid little brain

I can ask you anything about that since your opinion is not valid.

And btw there is nothing personal here in case you didn't know.
  • theGTAking101 likes this

Acidworm
  • Acidworm

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 April 2017 - 12:30 AM Edited by Acidworm, 10 April 2017 - 12:54 AM.

6/10 for PC

*No updates for single player.  Even single player, while fun, it feels shallow as it feels like they wanted to include so many things, while not really giving them depth.  Toning it down some to give more depth instead would have been better in my opinion.  Typically I do something like once, and then don't do it again (see Tennis, Parachuting etc).  No replay value either.  I haven't even finished the campaign, although I am close to it, and I have put over 500 hours into the game.

*Online has very little depth as it is tailored to a free to play model.  This makes the grind even more tedious, and with all the cheaters, spending more money is not an option for me so I won't continue to support it.

*Support is abysmal, and the anti-cheat measures are very poor for a game of this caliber.

*No dedicated servers, makes it harder to join sessions with friends, crew etc.  Public lobbies throwing you into randoms with many people who don't even speak your language is crazy.  Also makes it harder to get good groups for missions if you don't have a core group you run with.  Lack of dedicated servers also give modders too much power.

*Too much loading.  This was never improved.  Load into a mission, halfway done loading and told it is full, or you are kicked and then you have to spend another long time to load into a session again.

*Bugs such as loading into a mission and then no HUD appearing for anyone so no one can select weapon wheel, sometimes vehicles don't load etc.  Only thing to do is exit all the way out  This has been occurring over a year at least and never addressed.

*Only one currency model is a bad decision in my opinion. This results in too many game modes being completely obsolete.  People just do heists or races, and practically nothing else.  The money rewards are not well balanced between different game modes either.  For example, I never feel incentive to do the free-roam challenges.  Cheaters ruin free-roam right now anyway.

*Police are lame in this game. You get wanted levels because they crash into you, and cops always immediately start shooting at you.

*Police Vehicles spawn all over the place far too fast, and out of nowhere that destroying them to get away is not an option.  It makes cop chases much less fun.

*Only way to escape cops on 4* or higher in a car is to drive along the train tracks, or underground in the tunnel, because of the poor design in how they spawn.

*Cops always know where you are.  This is lame.

*Stealth is meaningless, and the resources of adding this to the game should have been spent elsewhere.

*Can't drop weapons.  Have to keep scrolling through them all, and if you buy multiple rifles then you are screwed for life trying to scroll to the one you want every time.  One would have thought Rockstar would have implemented a measure to fix this.

Last time I played was shortly after biker update until the other day, and it seems not much in the way of my complaints has been improved.

Steezy.
  • Steezy.

Dimension Shifter

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2017 - 05:10 AM

GTA V was a very unfinished game.

However, despite that the game was still very detailed and the story imo was still phenomenal. I loved the heists, although I wish it was more for the sake of getting money and being criminals rather than doing the FIB's dirty laundry. The three protagonist thing worked great and it was nice to switch up as I'd find myself tired of playing as just one of them every now and then, they each bring a different "feel" to the game. HD Los Santos is beautiful and the desert and country side was a nice addition to it. It was a change of pace from the gritty atmosphere of GTA 4. The cameos were nice to see too (Rocco, The Lost, IAA Contact, Karen, Packie,even Niko's Life Invader page) and it gave closure to IV's story. I enjoyed the realism to the game and at some points I really felt like I was in 2013 Los Angeles.

The problem with this game is that everyone expected wayyy too much of this game due to the content we saw in the trailers. Almost half of the things we saw in the trailers weren't in the final game. A lot of content we saw in previous games (San Andreas to be specific) weren't in the game either, which led to a lot of disappointment. The story, at times felt unfinished due to some characters not being fleshed out enough, most notably the antagonists. Michael and Trevor seemed to be the highlight of the story when Rockstar came up with it and once they finished writing about them that seemed to be it. Everyone else seemed kinda rushed.

The biggest issue with this game however is the fact that once Online came out Rockstar literally abandoned the single player story. All of the features that V should have had ended up in Online and Online only. To be honest if Rockstar had simply added all those cars, weapons, clothes, and features to the single player portion, there wouldn't be as much complaints for this game.

But all in all, GTA V is still a great game and I rate it a 8/10.

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by CGFforLife, 3 weeks ago.

This game is a masterpiece, nothing broken, and also very satisfying, this game really deserve to get game of the century award, because there is nothing can beat this masterpiece, this game was very amazing, well-craften, masterpiece. Also, this masterpiece has everything: well-craften map, amazing storyline, amazing features, amazing gameplay, variated mission and 10482848 more

So I rate this game 1872949817481848184/10 because this masterpiece was too amazing to be scored 10/10

Also this game was billionth time better than 3/VC/SA/IV/and any other games, those we're great, but couldn't be called a masterpiece like GTA V (with the exception of III, which was also a masterpiece)

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Great game, arguably the best and most advanced GTA so far. Though, it is unfair to compare it to, say San Andreas, since that game was so limited being tethered inextricably to the PS2's architecture and incredibly limited resources. Still, it is a huge improvement over IV in every meaningful way. My only major complaint is all of the massive, wasted SP potential due to Rockstar's freemium thuggery with Online and their complete abandonment of SP. SPeaks volumes about them as having devolved into a pretty sh*tty, disloyal sellout of a development company.

But as a "launch" game, GTA V is second to none, and an incredible offering in the series.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 3 weeks ago

I just take it on its own merits now. It's pointless being negative and bitter. I'm glad I gave the game another chance like I did with Mafia III.

• ChiroVette and CGFforLife like this

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

CHECK YO SELF

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I enjoyed it more than IV so it is a step in the right direction.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users