Quantcast

» «
Photo

Could rockstar engineer a new version of SAMP?

22 replies to this topic
Jammsbro
  • Jammsbro

Pogo 4 life

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:33 AM

I never got to play SAMP and I was wondering if rockstar could do it on current or even last gen. I know tons of players that still love SA and I think it would be excellent to get a new online version of this.

They could even allow the sale of "official" mods for the game to allow players to legitimately use some of the best mods out there within the online game.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:32 AM

what for, just get v1 pc version off flea market/online second hand selling site or downgrade any other version on PC and install SAMP on it!

SoulForger
  • SoulForger

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 31 March 2017 - 04:53 AM

I heard that SAMP is now a Modded version of the original GTA San Andreas game that was released
way back 2005, is it true? Take2 created official Mods for the game recently?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:29 AM Edited by lil weasel, 31 March 2017 - 05:31 AM.

Rockstar Published the Game.
Modifications are created by the FANS, Also SA-MP.
While the End User Agreement makes all mods property of the Rockstar, Rockstar does nothing to publish them.  Modified Games that are available, are Torrents/Warez/Pirated, not legal publications.

SoulForger
  • SoulForger

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:35 AM

Rockstar Published the Game.
Modifications are created by the FANS, Also SA-MP.
While the End User Agreement makes all mods property of the Rockstar, Rockstar does nothing to publish them.  Modified Games that are available, are Torrents/Warez/Pirated, not legal publications.

End of the Line agreements Take2 or Rockstar is GTA ~ > the FANS own the Mods , ~ Mod creators are no affiliation , legally with
Rockstar nor Take2.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Gognitti bailed. I made like Chow Yun-Fat...

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:51 PM

Yes, of course they could make that, but they'd include a sh*tton of fugly sports cars and shark cards.

SoulForger
  • SoulForger

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 02 April 2017 - 06:36 AM

I believe that. SAMP is a FAILURE most Mods are becoming irrelevant in this day and era

Arrow
  • Arrow

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 02 April 2017 - 10:04 AM

I believe that. SAMP is a FAILURE most Mods are becoming irrelevant in this day and era

saythatagain.jpg

You'd be surprised with the amount of players that still play SAMP. I'd say that more people are on SAMP everyday as compared to V:Online on PC Platform.
  • Davve95, ClaudeSpeed1911 and Jeansowaty like this

Mister Leone
  • Mister Leone

You'd just come after her

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2017 - 04:16 PM

SAMP has been active for over a decade. Servers with hundreds of people on them. I'd say they're a success all things considered.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 03 April 2017 - 03:01 AM Edited by ACM-Jan, 03 April 2017 - 03:02 AM.

samp was one and only "online" community i found good enough to enjoy longer than day or 2, times have been busy so it has been forgotten for while but still exists on drive

SoulForger
  • SoulForger

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:55 AM Edited by lil weasel, 03 April 2017 - 11:47 AM.

[http://www.nesretro....aythatagain.jpg
You'd be surprised with the amount of players that still play SAMP. I'd say that more people are on SAMP everyday as compared to V:Online on PC Platform.

SAMP is a Mod that FAILED to gain our respect. Cos the REMASTERED Rockstar San Andreas should
Be better.

Arrow
  • Arrow

• Facade Corporation
  • India

Posted 03 April 2017 - 06:43 AM Edited by lil weasel, 03 April 2017 - 11:48 AM.

http://www.nesretro....aythatagain.jpg

SAMP is a Mod that FAILED to gain our respect. Cos the REMASTERED Rockstar San Andreas should
Be better.

Which remastered version are you talking of? Cause there are tons of modifications that use the name REMASTERED. The PS4 version is the only one with graphical changes but it's an emulated port of the PS2 version.

SoulForger
  • SoulForger

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:07 AM Edited by lil weasel, 03 April 2017 - 11:49 AM.

SAMP is a Mod that FAILED to gain our respect. Cos the REMASTERED Rockstar San Andreas shouldBe better.

Which remastered version are you talking of? Cause there are tons of modifications that use the name REMASTERED. The PS4 version is the only one with graphical changes but it's an emulated port of the PS2 version.

If Rockstar ever did release a remastered version of San Andreas that is?
Or it is still a planned undertaking.
I'm aware of Mods SAMP that are all created by third party which have no business
with Rockstar or Take2.

Arrow
  • Arrow

• Facade Corporation
  • India

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:25 AM Edited by lil weasel, 03 April 2017 - 11:49 AM.

SAMP is a Mod that FAILED to gain our respect. Cos the REMASTERED Rockstar San Andreas shouldBe better.

If Rockstar ever did release a remastered version of San Andreas that is?
Or it is still a planned undertaking.
I'm aware of Mods SAMP that are all created by third party which have no business
with Rockstar or Take2.

Considering that they didn't even bother to improve the game for PS4 by releasing a sh*tty emulated, I doubt that there will ever be a decent remaster. The game was released over a decade ago. Don't expect much from R*.

Mimmi
  • Mimmi

GTAO is why i cut myself

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:26 AM

...you can still play it, its not like its dead, there's still quite a few people playing it. About the rockstar thing, i don't think R* would mess around with 13-year old game code to make a multiplayer patch, nor pay other company to do it, if they wanted to do it, they would've done it in the remastered version.

SoulForger
  • SoulForger

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 04 April 2017 - 04:15 AM

http://www.nesretro....aythatagain.jpgYou'd be surprised with the amount of players that still play SAMP. I'd say that more people are on SAMP everyday as compared to V:Online on PC Platform.
If Rockstar ever did release a remastered version of San Andreas that is?Or it is still a planned undertaking.I'm aware of Mods SAMP that are all created by third party which have no businesswith Rockstar or Take2.
Considering that they didn't even bother to improve the game for PS4 by releasing a sh*tty emulated, I doubt that there will ever be a decent remaster. The game was released over a decade ago. Don't expect much from R*.

We believe that Rockstar makes quality games that's why a remastered GTA San Andreas with a
Easy to play, gaming would be better.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:29 PM

STOP with the Huge Quote Trains.

Learn to answer without the need to quote everything that has gone before. Edit the posts to the essentials.

And take note that Rockstar and Take Two, Did Not publish the MuliPlayer GTA San Andreas. (MTA, SA-MP)

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:59 PM

We believe that Rockstar makes quality games that's why a remastered GTA San Andreas with a
Easy to play, gaming would be better.

Rockstar already released a remastered version for PS3 which sucked and was worse than the original version with gross oily character modeles and bad audio quality. They also removed 20 songs. Thinking Rockstar cares that much about quality is laughable.

And what's with the "We"? Do you have different personalities or are you Venom from Spider Man?

The_Human
  • The_Human

The Eye

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:24 PM Edited by The_Human, 04 April 2017 - 02:25 PM.

@up, things which was good in remastered version were the reflection, shadows, menu and new texture remake (fence texture). So, it isn't as bad as you think and I agree with that oily look too, they screwed it up.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:47 PM

Back to the topic:

"Could Rockstar engineer a new version of SAMP"

Yes it could, but it doesn't, is not likely to.

Arrow
  • Arrow

• Facade Corporation
  • India

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:57 PM

They can't make SAMP since it's already copyrighted by the SAMP Team. but they could release San Andreas Online like GTA Online.

Toreno6901
  • Toreno6901

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 05 April 2017 - 05:19 AM

Rockstar could not care least for a new SAMP cos tons of MODS now are
pirated versions.
San Andreas multiplayer only Rockstar knows if REMASTERED version
is viable.

DragonSC
  • DragonSC

And fate shovels sh*t in two number 9s...

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

"GTASA Online" may good for PS3/PS4 and X360/XONE versions...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users