Quantcast

» «
Photo

The dark reality: Is GTA next not happening?

116 replies to this topic
Urustay Gordov Matt D.
  • Urustay Gordov Matt D.

JAPANESE CARS>AMERICAN CARS.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:37 PM Edited by Urustay Gordov Matt D., 21 April 2017 - 07:38 PM.

I can guarantee that the next gta has either a worse or very short singleplayer campaign.
Since they now know that gta online is such a money machine, they will definitely concentrate on that out of everything else.

um... No they already knew this since the first GTA was a big hit on PC and the playstation.

You gotta remember that GTA Online and GTA V are considered separate titles. Keep in mind that if something doesn't work they will fix it now or a later title.

But I always wondered. Whatever happened to that PS3 exclusive Rockstar game AGENT?
AGENT was meant to be that detective game we all know as LA Noire.
  • Tuomos and Nelly2K like this

deadasdisco
  • deadasdisco

Rat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:20 PM Edited by deadasdisco, 21 April 2017 - 09:21 PM.

i doubt rockstar will pull a valve and stop making gta games. the popularity of gta will definitely delay gta6 and also the dev time required for it. 

the real question is will the game have 1 city or 3. i hope they go 1 but its fully packed and i hope its not NY.

It's pretty much confirmed in my opinion in the way of design that it'll be either Vice City or a whole new fiction city. When you think about it by a design standpoint, we already have HD worlds of Liberty City and Los Santos. So to come back to Liberty City and come across already visited landmarks/points-of-interests, it'll be less interesting and have less explorable replay ability. To achieve more impact and surprise I can guarantee it'll be a brand new HD Vice City with some nostalgia attached to it!

assCRACK_98
  • assCRACK_98

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:15 PM

I can guarantee that the next gta has either a worse or very short singleplayer campaign.
Since they now know that gta online is such a money machine, they will definitely concentrate on that out of everything else.

um... No they already knew this since the first GTA was a big hit on PC and the playstation.

You gotta remember that GTA Online and GTA V are considered separate titles. Keep in mind that if something doesn't work they will fix it now or a later title.

But I always wondered. Whatever happened to that PS3 exclusive Rockstar game AGENT?

No it wasn't.

• Payne Killer likes this

Verdant
  • Verdant

Boomshine Blowout

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:14 AM Edited by Verdant, 22 April 2017 - 04:15 AM.

It's highly unlikely for R* to put the GTA series to an end. If we look at GTA V that sold 80 million copies, and I'm sure R* want to get even more than that with the next installment and make the game bigger and better so we might be looking at a longer wait than what we expect. There are constant updates for GTA Online so they'll just continue to bring those out to keep players busy probably up until Red Dead Redemption 2 comes out or even longer I'd say.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:12 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 28 April 2017 - 08:43 PM.

snip

EDIT: Just realized I posed this in the wrong topic. Sorry.

• DOUGL4S1 likes this

Gtaman_92
  • Gtaman_92

Securing the bag.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:06 AM

GTA VI would definetly happen but not anytime soon. They have other projects to work on.
  • heycorcverseneborc likes this

heycorcverseneborc
  • heycorcverseneborc

Rat

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:29 PM

GTA VI would definetly happen but not anytime soon. They have other projects to work on.

Indeed. I'm %100 sure that we have at least 6 years from now on. They are focused on Rdr2 and Gta V Story Dlc right now. 

deadasdisco
  • deadasdisco

Rat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:45 PM Edited by deadasdisco, 26 April 2017 - 04:47 PM.

Indeed. I'm %100 sure that we have at least 6 years from now on. They are focused on Rdr2 and Gta V Story Dlc right now. 

"Gta V Story Dlc". Which source was that from, XXII? lmao. Won't take another 6 years either. Business point of view that just makes the budget higher.

Jso003
  • Jso003

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:18 AM

I fear the same thing but i really hope it doesn't go down that route, think RDR2 will give us a bit of an indicator as to which way it's gonna go in that respect. I don't mind R* capitalising on having a massive online community, what kind of business wouldn't? But the day when they knowingly produce sub standard games just to appease audiences who represent the lowest common denominator is the day that they sell out. I'm hoping they'll listen to the feedback on GTA5 having the worst story since the 3D era and work a bit harder on it for the next title, we'll have to wait and see though

DisCrafted
  • DisCrafted

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2017 - 03:57 PM Edited by DisCrafted, 01 June 2017 - 07:54 PM.

Anyone who thinks GTAV is the last GTA is dumb. I don't know what to think of how many years it'll take til it's here though. I mean we're going to have RDR2, then who knows what. After all that we're going to see the next GTA, it's still years away.

Jacek_K
  • Jacek_K

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:37 PM

GTA Next will be released in the future for sure, but I'll be honest. Thinking that we will have to wait few years from this point just to see the trailer is pretty depressing. 

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 03 May 2017 - 03:02 AM Edited by Mister Pink, 03 May 2017 - 03:02 AM.

From Rockstar India: 

Looking for a Vehicle Artist, possibly for Midnight Club or GTA Next. 

https://www.rockstar...sition/de857658

- Deep understanding and love of car culture.

- The ideal candidate has extensive experience in modelling, sculpting and texturing a diverse range of vehicles of all types; including but not limited to Cars, Trucks & Vans, Motorbikes, Helicopters, Planes, Military, and Boats.

Most likely the next GTA

• Gettin up, anthony, assCRACK_98 and 1 other like this

DisCrafted
  • DisCrafted

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 May 2017 - 08:03 PM Edited by DisCrafted, 03 May 2017 - 08:05 PM.

From Rockstar India: 

- The ideal candidate has extensive experience in modelling, sculpting and texturing a diverse range of vehicles of all types; including but not limited to Cars, Trucks & Vans, Motorbikes, Helicopters, Planes, Military, and Boats.

Most likely the next GTA

https://www.rockstar...sition/d71dccb7 North's the main studio behind GTA and this job listing has been there for a while. But i guess India is helping them out too. Definitely GTA. It is in development.

• Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:15 AM Edited by Mister Pink, 04 May 2017 - 02:15 AM.

https://www.rockstar...sition/d71dccb7 North's the main studio behind GTA and this job listing has been there for a while. But i guess India is helping them out too. Definitely GTA. It is in development.

Of course, but Rockstar India is only one year old. I figured I would post the listing from that office as it's new and with new offices we may or may not expect the latest ventures from Rockstar. I figured listings from it's newest offices my be more relevant. I'm sure labour is cheaper in India too, maybe we're seeing a much bigger team for a much bigger project. 

DisCrafted
  • DisCrafted

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2017 - 07:08 AM Edited by DisCrafted, 04 May 2017 - 07:08 AM.

Of course, but Rockstar India is only one year old. I figured I would post the listing from that office as it's new and with new offices we may or may not expect the latest ventures from Rockstar. I figured listings from it's newest offices my be more relevant. I'm sure labour is cheaper in India too, maybe we're seeing a much bigger team for a much bigger project. 

I wonder if all future Rockstar titles will be developed by "Rockstar Studios" meaning every R* department has done something for the game.

• Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:35 PM

I wonder if all future Rockstar titles will be developed by "Rockstar Studios" meaning every R* department has done something for the game.

Yes, interesting thought. I think sharing the burden across the studios can only be good for us that we may get the games quicker but then it may also get messy when work changes over from one department to the other, their can be a lack of focus. It may have pros and cons. 

• anthony, assCRACK_98 and DisCrafted like this

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2017 - 10:07 PM Edited by anthony, 05 May 2017 - 10:09 PM.

Exactly, like I don't want the people of GTA 5 on RDR 2 for example.

Mr. Leisurewear
  • Mr. Leisurewear

Gena ?

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:41 PM

From Rockstar India: 

Most likely the next GTA

Is a new Midnight Club even possible , wasn't it shelved by San Diego iirc ? (from some articles back in the day)

deadasdisco
  • deadasdisco

Rat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 May 2017 - 12:45 AM Edited by deadasdisco, 06 May 2017 - 12:47 AM.

From Rockstar India: 

Most likely the next GTA

Is a new Midnight Club even possible , wasn't it shelved by San Diego iirc ? (from some articles back in the day)

It easily could be related to the the GTA Online development team but it's been said many times from industry insiders GTA 6 has been in pre production for a while now tbh. Easily 1-2 years as first word of it was in march 2016 It'll still be a while though, once there's signs of casting and recording then i'll get hyped.

• Mister Pink and DisCrafted like this

Mr. Leisurewear
  • Mr. Leisurewear

Gena ?

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 06 May 2017 - 10:02 AM

Not sounding like an ass but Rockstar India just screams outsourcing and lower income jobs.

Regarding VI it's probably already blocked out , the map that is and starting production real soon.

But i want RDR3 first now , i can care less about VI in my opinion , all in good time :p

DisCrafted
  • DisCrafted

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2017 - 11:21 AM Edited by DisCrafted, 06 May 2017 - 11:32 AM.

From Rockstar India: 

Most likely the next GTA

It easily could be related to the the GTA Online development team but it's been said many times from industry insiders GTA 6 has been in pre production for a while now tbh. Easily 1-2 years as first word of it was in march 2016 It'll still be a while though, once there's signs of casting and recording then i'll get hyped.

The game's full development might have already begun. I don't know.

• deadasdisco likes this

VictorVince1239
  • VictorVince1239

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2017 - 03:40 PM

I'm thinking single player should and will eventually be scrapped in favor of a story mode that gives us the option to play it on our own or  with your friend/ randoms.

It would be separate from the regular GTA Online mode that we know of now but still  have those multi player options.  

Saganist
  • Saganist

The Cosmos Is Within Us

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2017 - 01:42 PM

I'm pretty sure GTA 6 will be released at least before 2021/2020. We can thank Shark Cards for delaying any production.

dyspoid
  • dyspoid

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:58 AM

Not sounding like an ass but Rockstar India just screams outsourcing and lower income jobs.
Regarding VI it's probably already blocked out , the map that is and starting production real soon.
But i want RDR3 first now , i can care less about VI in my opinion , all in good time :p

This is probably a pretty likely scenario.

Alternatively, it could also be for a mobile game or something of that lineage.

This has me thinking though - what if R* decide that GTA Next will be set in an Indian city? It would be a huge venture away from their current MO, but it would be something fresh and new.

Nelly2K
  • Nelly2K

Rat

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:19 AM

Honestly I never realised this!

You must be joking? That's 10 years between titles then? Hell no!

assCRACK_98
  • assCRACK_98

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:06 PM

Honestly I never realised this!

You must be joking? That's 10 years between titles then? Hell no!

GTAVI will probably come out around 2020, nothing wrong with that.

HeXDeMoN
  • HeXDeMoN

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:13 AM

I would like another midnight club if it isnt as garbage as the last one :p I had lots of fun playing online with the second one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users