Quantcast

» «
Photo

The dark reality: Is GTA next not happening?

116 replies to this topic
Junior_Djjr
  • Junior_Djjr

Modding Lover

• Members
  • Brazil
  • Best Map 2016 [San Andreas INSANITY] [Contribution]

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:57 AM

Obviously GTA VI will take more time than V and maybe even more time than expected

But i wouldn't worry about that because they make other games apart from GTA

Not so obvious, but yes, I believe it will take a little longer.

Is because the complexity of the games grows along with mechanisms that increase productivity, so we start to create more complex mods faster.

xFluttershy
  • xFluttershy

Classic car enthusiast

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 April 2017 - 07:35 AM

Considering the millions that GTA: Online has been pulling in, I don't think we'll be seeing a new GTA title for sometime. But also, another one is definitely on it's way...I mean, GTA is their biggest series and has been by far the most profitable and popular, even more so with the advent of GTA: Online.. I wouldn't care if another GTA took another 5 years to get released,...they're still releasing content for GTA: Online that I'm fully enjoying on PC....Soonest that I"d guess that the next GTA might be released, is 2020/2021. It's also not their only title they work on, Red Dead 2 is coming out soon, and they've got more people working on that this year, which means less people working on the next GTA and less working on current GTA Content.

TL:DR It'll happen, just not any time soen.

• LibertonianGirl likes this

ArmyRaidFail404
  • ArmyRaidFail404

Welcome to the Union

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:35 AM

People keep saying a 2020 release, and I thought that too for a while. However I think different now.

I think it's going to be 2022. Simply because of Red Dead Redemption 2. Of course I'm not a prophet, but for a game as liked as Red Dead Redemption you can bet that Rockstar will spend a bit more time filling the gap between GTA and RDR. I mean, GTA has had 9 releases (if you count the stories releases as well) and RDR has had 1. This is their second. You could expect a DLC of something like TBoGT or TLAD to be added onto the RDR series.

Not to mention Rockstar hasn't even played a card on a new Max Payne yet, and everyone seems to want one. Now, Max Payne won't take as long, and it could probably even borrow elements from other games (although that would be lazy) and Rockstar isn't just comprised of Rockstar North, but I could see some years going into a release such as that.

No, I think GTA VI - for all production on it right now - has to make room for the other series. Including Max Payne, depending on whether or not they bother to release make a fourth.

Toreno6901
  • Toreno6901

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:27 PM

U mean GTA NEXT is GTA Online?
There are many games in the GTA Series maybe the " next big thing " may not happen.
GTA V and Online are to be followed up by GTA ? Game released maybe 2018?

Pastry
  • Pastry

you know i had to ring-a-ding do it to em

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:40 PM

Not to mention Rockstar hasn't even played a card on a new Max Payne yet, and everyone seems to want one. Now, Max Payne won't take as long, and it could probably even borrow elements from other games (although that would be lazy) and Rockstar isn't just comprised of Rockstar North, but I could see some years going into a release such as that.

No, I think GTA VI - for all production on it right now - has to make room for the other series. Including Max Payne, depending on whether or not they bother to release make a fourth.

I highly doubt they're going to make another Max Payne. They said his story ended after 3. They are most likely going to make another GTA or some new IP even.

• Payne Killer and DimitriFaustin like this

SMACKED!
  • SMACKED!

Every single day, every time I pray, I'll be missing you.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2017 - 02:25 PM Edited by Still Madd, 14 April 2017 - 02:25 PM.

GTA community is f*cked up to me, I wouldn't really mind if another GTA isn't released.

You do realize you are on gtaforums right ? :p

I'm talking about general, I know the whole community isn't as bad as I may think It is but f*ck it, eh. I'll stick with SA anyway.

Unless the next GTA is the best that was ever released putting a masterpiece like SA or IV out of place.

deadasdisco
  • deadasdisco

Rat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 April 2017 - 04:17 PM

People keep saying a 2020 release, and I thought that too for a while. However I think different now.

I think it's going to be 2022. Simply because of Red Dead Redemption 2. Of course I'm not a prophet, but for a game as liked as Red Dead Redemption you can bet that Rockstar will spend a bit more time filling the gap between GTA and RDR. I mean, GTA has had 9 releases (if you count the stories releases as well) and RDR has had 1. This is their second. You could expect a DLC of something like TBoGT or TLAD to be added onto the RDR series.

They would do it as fast as they can while keeping quality because at the end of the day it costs them money and resources paying employees and executives. I doubt it'd take 8-9 years. 

NearExpansion
  • NearExpansion

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:24 PM Edited by NearExpansion, 14 April 2017 - 05:26 PM.

GTA VI will happen - RDR2 just won't sell as many copies as a GTA.  R* are always working on the next game before the current one is released, ironically since they've stopped producing Midnight Club, and presumably Max Payne, they've fewer games to develop?  Whatever happened to Agent, that's what I'd ask ;)

zoso80
  • zoso80

Uninstalled GTA 10-6-17, an era comes to a close.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2017 - 07:53 PM Edited by zoso80, 16 April 2017 - 07:57 PM.

The story mode on V wasn't too bad. GTA:O on the other hand, I agree.  Let's pick your pocket and cater to kiddies and PVP players who'll buy cash cards meanwhile we deliver mostly sub-par expensive in-game content just to create more cash card sales.  Not GTA's traditional base.  Turning GTA:O into a defactor shooter permanently without creating PVE content along side catering to the traditional GTA player will be a huge mistake. 

GTA V/Online would be a very sh*tty ending to the franchise.

This 3x. They are rolling in the money from the aforementioned audiences who keep ponying up money for cash cards.  Why rush it (from R*'s perspective)? As long as the money keeps coming in, stay with it. Plus, I've not seen any mention of the The Benz lawsuit.  That has some effect as well. 

I would counter they are passionate. Look at the latest GTA:O dupe glitches. They shut those down in hours.  It used to be days and weeks in years past these glitches would remain in.  They've gone hardcore on protecting the game's economic system (dupe detect, patching glitches). If it hurts the money, they are on it. Meanwhile, broken elements of the game get neglected. 

The fear I have for the future is the game will forever become a cash cow.  Macrotransactions will be more important than gaming vision or quality experience. Just pick their pockets over and over and over.

It's happening theyre just taking their sweet f*ckin time with it. Part of me thinks R*'s not all that passionate about GTA anymore, and theyre more into side projects like RDR and Max Payne. But maybe its good that they are taking their time. V was rushed as sh*t. I'd be willing to wait even longer if it guaranteed a very good game.

It's going to happen, but it will be a long time before you hear anything about it. My best advise is just to forget about it.

Rockstar isn't stupid, GTA VI will 100% happen. They are just busy milking Online and of course developing RDR2

Urustay Gordov Matt D.
  • Urustay Gordov Matt D.

JAPANESE CARS>AMERICAN CARS.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 April 2017 - 12:12 AM Edited by Urustay Gordov Matt D., 17 April 2017 - 12:16 AM.

It's definitely going to happen. It's way too much of a cash generator for R* and TakeTwo to ignore.

You can't go off that average 4 year cycle, that's not generally how devs like R* work.
They're not the type to rush something out just to keep to an average cycle (looking at you COD).

From what I know, they're more of the "when it's ready" type.
They take their time, build a detailed world over years, and then have a last minute panic as they go gold to rush to remove some code they accidentally left in there.

Nope, you're wrong, they are not "when its ready" type, not anymore atleast. GTA 5 is an unfinished game and it got a lot of downgrades from GTA 4:worse ragdoll, vehicle and weapon physics, bigger but emptier city, only 69 missions in the main campaign, non-existent plot, bad secondary missions like yoga(the guy who implemented it was was having a fu*king co*k in his mouth that day), useless countryside altough its beautiful, bad characters, bad humour, sh*tty cliches and so on...
Online doesnt count since you need an internet connection to play it and its updates dont get added to singleplayer mode.

Best GTA game till date remains San Andreas, with GTA 4 better than GTA 5 anyway.GTA 5 is the worst gta game since the 3d era.
The last great game Rockstar has made was in 2010(RDR), anything post-2010 is overrated garbage like max payne 3, la noire, and like i said, GTA 5
Rockstar isnt a serious company anymore
  • SleezerZ likes this

Jammsbro
  • Jammsbro

Pogo 4 life

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:08 AM

Lazlow says that if you want to release a triple-a game you need at least five years.

My guess is that Rockstar will try another quantum leap with the next game. We could be looking at something really huge and spectacular so I would guess no earlier than late 2018 to even hear about a early trailer release date.
  • Pastry and Ya Boy Punk Fan like this

ArmyRaidFail404
  • ArmyRaidFail404

Welcome to the Union

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 April 2017 - 10:08 PM

It's definitely going to happen. It's way too much of a cash generator for R* and TakeTwo to ignore.

You can't go off that average 4 year cycle, that's not generally how devs like R* work.
They're not the type to rush something out just to keep to an average cycle (looking at you COD).

They take their time, build a detailed world over years, and then have a last minute panic as they go gold to rush to remove some code they accidentally left in there.

Nope, you're wrong, they are not "when its ready" type, not anymore atleast. GTA 5 is an unfinished game and it got a lot of downgrades from GTA 4:worse ragdoll, vehicle and weapon physics, bigger but emptier city, only 69 missions in the main campaign, non-existent plot, bad secondary missions like yoga(the guy who implemented it was was having a fu*king co*k in his mouth that day), useless countryside altough its beautiful, bad characters, bad humour, sh*tty cliches and so on...
Online doesnt count since you need an internet connection to play it and its updates dont get added to singleplayer mode.

Best GTA game till date remains San Andreas, with GTA 4 better than GTA 5 anyway.GTA 5 is the worst gta game since the 3d era.
The last great game Rockstar has made was in 2010(RDR), anything post-2010 is overrated garbage like max payne 3, la noire, and like i said, GTA 5

For the record, LA Noire: A game that I thoroughly love and have a compulsive need to defend, was not made by Rockstar. It was made by Team Bondi. And it was a f*cking beautiful game.

I think this is so pessimistic. If GTA 5 really is that successful, then that means that we have superior buying power. Of course, now you got kids playing it so it negates that fact, but honestly, a community is a really powerful thing. Also, GTA 5 really wasn't that bad: it was the Online experiment that ruined the experience; not the fact that Rockstar doesn't care anymore.

• DimitriFaustin likes this

Urustay Gordov Matt D.
  • Urustay Gordov Matt D.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:17 PM Edited by Urustay Gordov Matt D., 18 April 2017 - 05:19 PM.

For the record, LA Noire: A game that I thoroughly love and have a compulsive need to defend, was not made by Rockstar. It was made by Team Bondi. And it was a f*cking beautiful game.

I think this is so pessimistic. If GTA 5 really is that successful, then that means that we have superior buying power. Of course, now you got kids playing it so it negates that fact, but honestly, a community is a really powerful thing. Also, GTA 5 really wasn't that bad: it was the Online experiment that ruined the experience; not the fact that Rockstar doesn't care anymore.
Rockstar does care indeed, never said it doesnt, otherwise we wouldnt have all these updates going on even 3 years after its release.But what im trying to say is that rockstar got lazier since their last great product (rdr) and dont care as much to release full packaged (and memorable) games, at least singleplayer-wise.Max Payne 3 had weird controls, linear stages, and no survival mode like its predecessor (mp2).In La-Noire there wasnt much to do after the singleplayer campaign. Hell, even GTA 4 had its flaws, but it was a full package game and became even better after the great dlcs. In GTA 5 there wasnt even a plot, besides robbing banks and that sh*t, and you had everything handed to you (planes, exotic cars etc). I remember in GTA 4 how exciting it was when i got that infernus from florian cravic, and how rare the aston was( dont remember its name in GTA) that the only way to get it was through 2 of the missions of the game. There werent such memorable moments in GTA 5, which made you feel that you earned something from working hard.And the main antagonist , Devin Weston, is just gay compared to Dimitri and Bulgarov. Seriously, if GTA 5 was released with an another title, it wouldnt have had such high reviews and wouldnt have sold that much.
GTA online is great tho

SleezerZ
  • SleezerZ

Portuguese Outlaw

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:00 PM Edited by SleezerZ, 18 April 2017 - 08:01 PM.

I can guarantee that the next gta has either a worse or very short singleplayer campaign.

Since they now know that gta online is such a money machine, they will definitely concentrate on that out of everything else.

• CaptainMental likes this

Roger Cheeto
  • Roger Cheeto

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:23 AM Edited by Rodger Cheeto, 19 April 2017 - 08:59 AM.

I can guarantee that the next gta has either a worse or very short singleplayer campaign.

Since they now know that gta online is such a money machine, they will definitely concentrate on that out of everything else.

Yeah no, if that happens they will lose most of their player base.

• Zello, Pastry and Ya Boy Punk Fan like this

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:59 AM

Not to mention Rockstar hasn't even played a card on a new Max Payne yet, and everyone seems to want one.

By everyone, you mean everyone in the R* fan community, right?

IMO the last Max Payne game sucked ass and while the first two games were good, the series isn't special enough to warrant forced continuation as a franchise.

LincolnClay
  • LincolnClay

F*ck Take Two Interactive...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:06 AM

I wouldn't mind another Manhunt game in the time between RDR2 and GTA VI.

That is, of course, if they can make such game, or if they even want to...
  • ArmyRaidFail404 likes this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:40 AM Edited by DOUGL4S1, 19 April 2017 - 11:41 AM.

I think the next GTA is happening and is happening right now.

Rockstar is divided in studios, like most companies, and they have different things to do: Rockstar New York is mostly responsible for advertisement and those livestreams (uck!), Rockstar Toronto makes PC ports of games (quite badly, but they do (Max Payne 3's was ok tho)). Sure, they help eachother make some of the games, but they're mostly well-defined.

I've read it somewhere that Rockstar North, the ones that make GTA, had about 300 employees in 2013. Considering the numbers hasn't changed a lot and the current state of GTA Online, I don't think 300 people are necessary to make a few vehicles and some gamemodes every now and then. Sure, for the bigger stuff like the Biker MCs they may use more people, but still, 300 seem a bit overkill.

And Red Dead Redemption 2 is probably being developed by Rockstar San Diego, who made Red Dead Redemption, so I don't think people at Rockstar North are too involved with the project.

ArmyRaidFail404
  • ArmyRaidFail404

Welcome to the Union

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:06 PM

I don't think they want to; unless they concurrently want Jack Thompson up their arse for the next decade. But even still the Manhunt games are incredibly violent dare I say even to today's desensitised audience, and if Rockstar doesn't want another ban, they would have to cut back on so much: IMHO I think Manhunt deserves a better fate than that.
  • LincolnClay likes this

yomum21
  • yomum21

Rat

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:15 PM

Yes. GTA online is happening but we will have to wait a long time in order to see the next gta(there probably just in the very first stage)

LincolnClay
  • LincolnClay

F*ck Take Two Interactive...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:38 PM

I don't think they want to; unless they concurrently want Jack Thompson up their arse for the next decade. But even still the Manhunt games are incredibly violent dare I say even to today's desensitised audience, and if Rockstar doesn't want another ban, they would have to cut back on so much: IMHO I think Manhunt deserves a better fate than that.
My thoughts exactly, mate.

OT: Right now, their priorities are on GTA Online. Wouldn't be surprised if they just stuck with GTAO for a few more years. Adding what little monotonous ideas they have into a long since stale game. But that doesn't mean there's NEVER going to be a GTA VI. They couldn't miss out on making another one. They just can't.

I'm calling it. Late 2019 or early-mid 2020 is when we get the next game...or at least a mention of it. Officially...by R*, and not some "reputable source" outside of R*.
  • DimitriFaustin likes this

strongstyletony
  • strongstyletony

GTA5 Speedrunner

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:37 PM

Of course it's happening. 

We'll have to wait for RDR2 and all of its DLC first, so I'd say 2019 release at the very earliest. I also expect Rockstar is waiting until the Xbox One and PS4 install bases are massive before releasing the next GTA. It worked very well for them releasing GTA5 near the end of the 360 and PS3's life.

leaflinks
  • leaflinks

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:07 PM

GTA community is f*cked up to me, I wouldn't really mind if another GTA isn't released.

What do you mean?

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:24 PM Edited by Zello, 19 April 2017 - 11:24 PM.

Jack Thompson doesn't matter anymore he was disbarred in 2008 and attitudes about video games have changed

TheHolyNZF
  • TheHolyNZF

Thug

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:27 PM

Yeah no, if that happens they will lose most of their player base.

Well, I doubt that. Otherwise they would have released the SP DLC already.

Nardz937
  • Nardz937

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:04 AM Edited by Nardz937, 20 April 2017 - 03:12 AM.

We're absolutely getting GTA 6, for so many reasons already stated. They're insanely successful. The gap gets bigger between each game and each is bigger and more detailed than the last. I recall someone at Rockstar said they would like to make a GTA game that has every location from all the GTA games into one game. That's insane if they're doing that.

My bet is we get GTA 6 in late 2020/early 2021, probably for around the launch for PS5 and next Xbox. 

But I have a feeling they'll still put it on PS4/XB1 to make more money. 

• CaptainMental and LincolnClay like this

Urustay Gordov Matt D.
  • Urustay Gordov Matt D.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:52 AM Edited by Urustay Gordov Matt D., 21 April 2017 - 07:35 PM.

We're absolutely getting GTA 6, for so many reasons already stated. They're insanely successful. The gap gets bigger between each game and each is bigger and more detailed than the last. I recall someone at Rockstar said they would like to make a GTA game that has every location from all the GTA games into one game. That's insane if they're doing that.

My bet is we get GTA 6 in late 2020/early 2021, probably for around the launch for PS5 and next Xbox. 

But I have a feeling they'll still put it on PS4/XB1 to make more money. 

GTA 5 was bigger than GTA 4, but it wasnt more detailed, no way.
And btw whats the point of having a map that big?I would rather have GTA 4's map and its alive city than the dull one in GTA 5
They still havent released a proper GTA game on xb1/ps4 (GTA 5 is only a remastered game), whereas they released multiple GTA games on previous consoles
  • anthony likes this

PvTails
  • PvTails

Ace Pilot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:49 AM

um... No they already knew this since the first GTA was a big hit on PC and the playstation.

You gotta remember that GTA Online and GTA V are considered separate titles. Keep in mind that if something doesn't work they will fix it now or a later title.

But I always wondered. Whatever happened to that PS3 exclusive Rockstar game AGENT?

PvTails
  • PvTails

Ace Pilot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:55 AM

Jack Thompson doesn't matter anymore he was disbarred in 2008 and attitudes about video games have changed

It's so weird as time passed and sexual content or violence doesn't cause an uproar in the media anymore. Back in 2004 infamous hot coffee mod caused take2 to lose a lot of money over CJ dry humping his love interest. Well now we have big American titties.

AnimalFather
  • AnimalFather

Crackhead

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:57 PM

i doubt rockstar will pull a valve and stop making gta games. the popularity of gta will definitely delay gta6 and also the dev time required for it. 

the real question is will the game have 1 city or 3. i hope they go 1 but its fully packed and i hope its not NY.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users