Quantcast

» «
Photo

The dark reality: Is GTA next not happening?

116 replies to this topic
Junior_Djjr
  • Junior_Djjr

Modding Lover

• Members
  • Brazil
  • Best Map 2016 [San Andreas INSANITY] [Contribution]

Posted 01 April 2017 - 05:35 AM

Maybe I am misunderstanding you, but GTAV was release in 2013

But development continued, only last year Rockstar North was stopped with GTA V and went for GTA VI, is only at the beginning of development yet, still for many years out there. Wait for ~2020~.

Pastry
  • Pastry

im fed up with this worl

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 01 April 2017 - 07:23 AM Edited by Pastry, 01 April 2017 - 08:04 PM.

Also, dont forget how long it would take to make a game like GTA VI. Each new game is bigger than the last, so it takes time to make a game twice as big as V.

And on top of that they didn't start making VI right after V as they did with IV (from what we know at least). It's gonna be a long wait.

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Boss

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 01 April 2017 - 07:26 AM

It is going to happen. Rockstar would be foolish to abandon the franchise and GTA Online can only be profitable for so long.

It just takes more time to develop a Grand Theft Auto game these days; four years is not enough time.

Maibatsu545
  • Maibatsu545

veritas vos liberabit

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2017 - 09:13 AM

It's happening theyre just taking their sweet f*ckin time with it. Part of me thinks R*'s not all that passionate about GTA anymore, and theyre more into side projects like RDR and Max Payne. But maybe its good that they are taking their time. V was rushed as sh*t. I'd be willing to wait even longer if it guaranteed a very good game.
  • anthony likes this

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 01 April 2017 - 09:45 AM Edited by Queen Elizabeth II, 01 April 2017 - 09:47 AM.

Crazy to think that IV was released almost 9 years ago.

It's crazy that such a big company as R* decided not to make another amazing game like GTA IV for NINE YEARS.

• MiamiViceCity, Tycek, anthony and 8 others like this

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 01 April 2017 - 01:51 PM Edited by Yinepi, 01 April 2017 - 02:17 PM.

Maybe if Rockstar would stop trying to recreate every location and make it look photo-realistic and instead do what other open-world games do and make completely fictional locations with generic inspiration they'd reduce their development time. I remember hearing from numerous sources during both IV and V development that they actually have scouts on location taking photos. What a waste of resources this is. We don't need GTA cities to look almost like the real thing when the cities in the game are fictional. This obsession with photo-realism has limited Rockstar's creativity and prevented the series from drastic innovation.

They used to do this generic inspiration with the 2D and 3D-Era. They'd make completely fictional locations (excluding London) with minor references to real locations, but they were not even 40% accurate to any real city. The cities were essentially fictional locations with real world landmarks.

Now though, Rockstar seemingly spends too much time creating sh*t they don't need to just for the sake of bragging to gaming magazines and other media that their game is full of detail. Ocean anyone? No? How about yoga instead? Oh look being in Vinewood feels just like being in real Hollywood!

If I wanted to be in real Hollywood I'd go there.

GTA Is a f*cking CASH COW! you are guaranteed it will break records commercially & critically, I can tell you right here right now I'm 100% sure there will be another Grand Theft Auto released at some point in the future. 

Sad but true reality of GTA. All Rockstar has to do is release a pile of vomit and kids will rape their parents wallets to lap it up.

• Jabalous, anthony, LincolnClay and 1 other like this

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 April 2017 - 09:27 PM

GTA V made a record breaking amount of money.

It is highly unlikely that it won't be continued. The question that's more relevant for me is what will happen to the tragetory of the series quality.
  • anthony and LincolnClay like this

SoulForger
  • SoulForger

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 02 April 2017 - 06:33 AM Edited by SoulForger, 02 April 2017 - 06:34 AM.

I'm thinking REMASTERED like GTA Vice city or San Andreas, also GTA 3 more like it.
The classic GTA 2001 ~2005 in Multiplayer .
Auto~QUESTING + AFK gameplay .
  • LincolnClay likes this

Jabalous
  • Jabalous

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2017 - 09:05 AM

It's going to happen, but it will be a long time before you hear anything about it. My best advise is just to forget about it.

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 02 April 2017 - 10:12 AM

I'm thinking REMASTERED like GTA Vice city or San Andreas, also GTA 3 more like it.

Do you really think that online kids will care about old GTA games being remastered? Noo...

• Ya Boy Punk Fan and LincolnClay like this

LincolnClay
  • LincolnClay

F*ck Take Two Interactive...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 April 2017 - 10:47 AM

Do you really think that online kids will care about old GTA games being remastered? Noo...
Not enough copy-and-paste super cars and glowing bodysuits, plus the occasional combat armour.

But I would LOVE to see all the 3D Era games be remastered into one big collection.

On topic, I think that R* have not even started with the next game. If they have, it's not a whole lot like everyone says it is.
  • Ya Boy Punk Fan likes this

Pierug
  • Pierug

World conqueror

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 02 April 2017 - 11:23 AM

C'mon guys. Like already said GTA is a money-machine, and Rockstar keeps her fans waiting, just because if she would release GTA VI right after GTA V it would be mono-tone and players would be less-likely to buy it. But if she keeps players waiting, when GTA VI's first official info will be said, everyone would analyze it.

deadasdisco
  • deadasdisco

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 April 2017 - 01:55 PM Edited by deadasdisco, 02 April 2017 - 02:07 PM.

But development continued, only last year Rockstar North was stopped with GTA V and went for GTA VI, is only at the beginning of development yet, still for many years out there. Wait for ~2020~.

They would of started ideas before or almost instantly after GTA V's release, and start preproduction on writing, location ect. Rockstar North leads GTA development and it makes sense to me that GTA V's dlc would of been handed off to a smaller studio. How I see Rockstars model is 2 of the major studios, Rockstar North, Rockstar San Diego are working on games and another subsidiary has been developing on an unannounced game for a good few years; (my guess easily 3-4) with all the studios assisting where they can. Each of the main 3 studios are split into separate teams (or possibly have stopped all their IPs production) for ramping up assistance on RDR2 for the final production stage and working on their lead games. 

I could be wrong cause at the end of the day Rockstar are unpredictable and I suck at explaining hahhah but based on my research on rockstar, i'm guessing this is what is currently happening for the best profitable result/schedule for there parent company Take2 and there investors.

NOTE - Once again it's all speculation and my opinion. I have no source.

Junior_Djjr
  • Junior_Djjr

Modding Lover

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:23 AM Edited by Junior_Djjr, 03 April 2017 - 04:24 AM.

They would of started ideas before or almost instantly after GTA V's release

They said that in 2015 they held a meeting to discuss the ideas for GTA VI. In 2016 they said that was started the development.

They released large DLCs a few times, then released only small ones. Possibly they were also trying to update themselves on tools and other stuffs before starting the GTA VI development in 2016.

According to anonymous reports from Rockstar employees on Glassdoor, Rockstar is very outdated in the tools (specially RAGE Engine, being developed by Rockstar San Diego). There is a possibility that they have been upgraded themselves for several months before starting a new development (which is an important step in creating a new game that fits in current generation).

Even more, when creating a game originally dedicated to a console, not a PC, you feel totally trapped on the console limits, trying to figure out what you can or can not do before starting, which may also take a while.

The fact is: the interval of creation from one game to another is considerably long.

• anthony and DimitriFaustin like this

deadasdisco
  • deadasdisco

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:37 PM

They said that in 2015 they held a meeting to discuss the ideas for GTA VI. In 2016 they said that was started the development.

They released large DLCs a few times, then released only small ones. Possibly they were also trying to update themselves on tools and other stuffs before starting the GTA VI development in 2016.

According to anonymous reports from Rockstar employees on Glassdoor, Rockstar is very outdated in the tools (specially RAGE Engine, being developed by Rockstar San Diego). There is a possibility that they have been upgraded themselves for several months before starting a new development (which is an important step in creating a new game that fits in current generation).

Even more, when creating a game originally dedicated to a console, not a PC, you feel totally trapped on the console limits, trying to figure out what you can or can not do before starting, which may also take a while.

The fact is: the interval of creation from one game to another is considerably long.

lmao wouldn't major investors with voting rights not let this happen? And if you look at recent reviews it's generally mixed. I tend to not ever believe glassdoor cause trolls and rockstar can easily control the rating by fake reviewing. And yeah maybe rockstars UI and tools are bad in terms of workflow, however I have actually seen there RAGE audio engine in a developer talk and it looks extremely flexible. Idk its meh 

Johnny Spaz
  • Johnny Spaz

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:20 PM

There will definitely be a GTA 6... I just hope it isn't garbage like V.
  • anthony and Femme Fatale like this

Pierug
  • Pierug

World conqueror

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 03 April 2017 - 05:20 PM

@Johnny_Spaz Rockstar in 5 years actually worked 2.

anthony
  • anthony

Welcome to Burger Shots mother f*ckeeeer!

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 April 2017 - 06:27 PM Edited by anthony, 03 April 2017 - 06:28 PM.

There will definitely be a GTA 6... I just hope it isn't garbage like V.

Exactly, this is the main question..
  • Johnny Spaz likes this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:52 PM

Rockstar isn't stupid, GTA VI will 100% happen. They are just busy milking Online and of course developing RDR2

Junior_Djjr
  • Junior_Djjr

Modding Lover

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:35 PM

I tend to not ever believe glassdoor cause trolls and rockstar can easily control the rating by fake reviewing.

Rockstar rating by fake reviewing -> They get good looks about company, which is very important. Valve is the company number #1 that developers want to work there.
Trolls rating by fake reviewing -> ...what is the purpose?  :dontgetit:

If the reviews are fakes, then fake Rockstar's good reviews are much bigger than trolls, which makes us imagine that the reviews are much worse in real.

Anyway I see no reason to put this in question, I just quoted that they said in Glassdoor that they has low technology, why would they lie about it?

What matters is that they started development in ~March 2016, and even there, they still didn't even know which city was going to happen!
http://www.digitaltr...in-development/
That is, 1 year ago they had not even decided which location the game will be. We have a lot to wait for. There are also theories being formed about them starting to use a new engine for GTA VI.

SoulForger
  • SoulForger

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 04 April 2017 - 04:24 AM

This REMASTERED is for classic throwback gamers, u know with improved easy to play ,
AUTO -COMBAT, AFK including AUTO Missions all in Multiplayer for San Andreas style!

anthony
  • anthony

Welcome to Burger Shots mother f*ckeeeer!

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2017 - 04:28 AM

That sounds good..

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:23 AM

It's crazy that such a big company as R* decided not to make another amazing game like GTA IV for NINE YEARS.

Don't forget Red Dead Redemption!

• anthony likes this

Maibatsu545
  • Maibatsu545

veritas vos liberabit

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 April 2017 - 06:50 AM Edited by Maibatsu545, 05 April 2017 - 06:51 AM.

lmao wouldn't major investors with voting rights not let this happen? And if you look at recent reviews it's generally mixed. I tend to not ever believe glassdoor cause trolls and rockstar can easily control the rating by fake reviewing. And yeah maybe rockstars UI and tools are bad in terms of workflow, however I have actually seen there RAGE audio engine in a developer talk and it looks extremely flexible. Idk its meh
No, I'm pretty sure Rockstar is a pretty crappy place to work at. There were stories of it being a sh*tshow before glassdoor was even around.

All their best talent jumped ship and thats why they take so long to get sh*t out the door now. I imagine with Leslie Benzies gone its even worse now.

Junior_Djjr
  • Junior_Djjr

Modding Lover

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 06 April 2017 - 10:37 AM Edited by Junior_Djjr, 06 April 2017 - 10:38 AM.

No, I'm pretty sure Rockstar is a pretty crappy place to work at. There were stories of it being a sh*tshow before glassdoor was even around.

All their best talent jumped ship and thats why they take so long to get sh*t out the door now. I imagine with The Benz gone its even worse now.

I'm not creating hypotheses, I'm replicating what Rockstar itself said.

I even shared the source of the statement:

(...)
What matters is that they started development in ~March 2016, and even there, they still didn't even know which city was going to happen!
http://www.digitaltr...in-development/
That is, 1 year ago they had not even decided which location the game will be. We have a lot to wait for. There are also theories being formed about them starting to use a new engine for GTA VI.

Tengerecki
  • Tengerecki

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 07 April 2017 - 06:03 PM

Why would a  ~billion dollar franchise that's been successful since the beginning just stop? That makes no sense. I'm not concerned about this at all. GTA Next is definitely happening.

The reason it takes so long can be due to several factors:

a.) still updating that GTA Online crap

b.) waiting for next gen consoles to come out (why the hell would they release it on current gen consoles so thats why)

c.) still under development coz it's gon be a break thru in terms of everything maybe. Graphics, physics, etc

d.) All them combined.

So chill out, bro !: D

ExTerminator
  • ExTerminator

Heil Houser!

• Members
  • South-Ossetia

Posted 08 April 2017 - 03:29 PM

b.) waiting for next gen consoles to come out (why the hell would they release it on current gen consoles so thats why)

Knowing Rockstar, they definitely will release it on current gen. consoles. 

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

FURIOUS STYLES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2017 - 05:21 PM

Crazy to think that IV was released almost 9 years ago.

I think you mean 5 years.  V came out in 2013.

Arlarse
  • Arlarse

Cultivating Mass

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 April 2017 - 07:42 PM

Going by the Playstation versions it's easy to see that there is a substantial incremental increase in the time gaps between major releases.

Restricted to the "over the shoulder" ones:

GTA III: Oct 2001

GTA VC: Oct 2002

GTA SA: Oct 2004

GTA IV: Apr 2008

GTA V: Sep 2013

That's roughly 1yr -> 2yrs -> 3.5yrs -> 5,5yrs (almost 6.5 yrs for the Windows version).

Were this trend to continue, you'd be looking at late 2020/early 2021 for GTA VI.

Sounds about right that. Imagine it'll all depend on whether R* is holding fire for the next batch of consoles to come out before dropping 6. If they're intent on releasing a genuine current gen version then I'd say the turn around could be 19/20, especially when you think of the 3 year gap between RDR & V. 

It wouldn't surprise me if they're already well into laying out a basic concept for 6 before they start hiring talent to bring it to fruition.

Darkshadows
  • Darkshadows

Boring guy

• Members
  • Colombia

Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:11 PM

Obviously GTA VI will take more time than V and maybe even more time than expected

But i wouldn't worry about that because they make other games apart from GTA

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users