Quantcast

» «
Photo

The dark reality: Is GTA next not happening?

116 replies to this topic
bananaking13
  • bananaking13

if you like anime, you're an insecure tasty-ass fruit

• Members
  • Seychelles

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:19 PM

Am I the only one feeling time go quickly, or is nobody else feeling the same?

The difference of time between GTA: CW (2009) and GTA V (2013) is four years.

The difference of time between 2013 and now is four years.

So the problem is, does it look like GTA Next won't happen? The wait has been too long, they should realize a smaller game or something made in the past, it's a scary thought and I think I'm the only one that has it.

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Alter Ego

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:50 PM

Highly unlikely. Keep in mind that GTA isn't the only series Rockstar works on - Max Payne 3 and RDR came out in the time frame between CTW and GTA V, for example. With RDR2 around the corner it's going to be a while before we find out.

• Osric, Beastly40, LevelDockSix and 5 others like this

LincolnClay
  • LincolnClay

F*ck Take Two Interactive...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:58 PM

Also, dont forget how long it would take to make a game like GTA VI. Each new game is bigger than the last, so it takes time to make a game twice as big as V.
  • Osric, Meekail, Solid Scorpion and 7 others like this

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

This is love. Love hurts.

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:50 PM

LMAO. Its way too early to assume this. They're still pumping out GTAO DLC's for their precious baby.
  • Osric, Beastly40, Ollie23 and 16 others like this

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

RIP PS3 copy !

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 29 March 2017 - 11:10 PM

I honestly see rockstar doing more then 6 years to release the next gta, but i really would not panic about it considering how gtao is still getting updated.
  • Osric, Solid Scorpion, aaronBLUEeyes and 2 others like this

SMACKED!
  • SMACKED!

Keep your friends close...

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2017 - 11:24 PM

GTA community is f*cked up to me, I wouldn't really mind if another GTA isn't released.

• Official General, Beastly40, vnus_dmlo and 7 others like this

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 29 March 2017 - 11:36 PM

There will be GTA next, I guarantee it. It will come when we are hyped enough. GTAO is an entity of it's own, It's not related to GTA next. When people start demanding gta next, r* will deliver.

• DimitriFaustin likes this

Pink Pineapple
  • Pink Pineapple

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:48 AM

There will definitely be a GTA Next. I'm just wondering if it will be finished in time to be released on this gen. Could an entire console generation pass without a GTA game?

PS2 / Xbox - 3 new GTA games

PS3 / Xbox360 - 2 new games and 2 big DLCs

PS4 / Xbox One - an updated version of an old game

• Osric, Solid Scorpion, Roger Cheeto and 3 others like this

Roger Cheeto
  • Roger Cheeto

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2017 - 05:54 AM Edited by Rodger Cheeto, 30 March 2017 - 06:01 AM.

There will definitely be a GTA Next. I'm just wondering if it will be finished in time to be released on this gen. Could an entire console generation pass without a GTA game?

PS2 / Xbox - 3 new GTA games

PS3 / Xbox360 - 2 new games and 2 big DLCs

PS4 / Xbox One - an updated version of an old game

I wouldn't be suprised if they wait for nextgen to come out. And I hope they do so it'll be good. I've been thinking that that's what they wanted to with V but they announced it way too early, they never even announced what consoles it would be on until trailer 2, the visuals in trailer 1 were better in some ways and eurphoria sucks in final. Plus all the cut content, trees and other vegetation especially.

To OP, thousands maybe millions are still playing online. Why would they drop this successful series?

Also I remember people talking about how IV or V were going to be the last. Why? Lol

• Solid Scorpion, Pastry, Ya Boy Punk Fan and 1 other like this

TheSadisticOwl
  • TheSadisticOwl

Unprofessional sniper.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:05 AM

It is happening, just not now. Rockstar is putting their focus in RDR2 most likely. I'd begin expecting an official word from them about the next GTA at least a year or more after RDR2's release (which I believe will get pushed back to 2018).

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Pink.Inc

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:17 AM Edited by Mister Pink, 30 March 2017 - 03:53 PM.

You have a feeling GTA isn't happening because it's not conforming to a release schedule or pattern you picked up between other titles? :p That still leaves us with zero evidence to support there not being a future GTA. 

Abandoning a billion dollar lucrative series in the height of it's popularity doesn't seem likely right now.

Also, trying to determine some sort of release schedule or a pattern isn't helpful because there is no pattern and trying to hold Rockstar's release schedule/pattern to a standard of your own creation will only disappoint you when Rockstar doesn't meet your expectations.

• Jabalous, Nico, Official General and 11 others like this

IlikeLatinaTits
  • IlikeLatinaTits

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • Brunei

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:21 AM

GTA Is a f*cking CASH COW! you are guaranteed it will break records commercially & critically, I can tell you right here right now I'm 100% sure there will be another Grand Theft Auto released at some point in the future. 

• Solid Scorpion, NearExpansion and Jacek_K like this

BillDimebag
  • BillDimebag

Cowboy From Hell

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:33 AM

It is happening, just not now. Rockstar is putting their focus in RDR2 most likely. I'd begin expecting an official word from them about the next GTA at least a year or more after RDR2's release (which I believe will get pushed back to 2018).

This. I really hope that RDR2 will not be pushed back (But then again,GTA V was also delayed several months so it wouldn't be impossible...).
Also , if I'm not mistaken CTW was developed by Rockstar Leeds (the studio tgat develops the handheld GTA games) and it is (kind of) a spin off. The last main series game to be released was IV in 2008. I believe that the reason we don't have an official statement yet (aside from RDR2) is GTA Online as the community is pretty active and rockstar gets a whole lot of money from the people who buy the shark cards...

canyonjack
  • canyonjack

NOTM

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:51 AM

Lmao. GTA V is the fourth best selling game of all time. GTA VI will get out the door eventually even if Rockstar's kicking and screaming alongside it.

My guess is 2020 or 2021.

LincolnClay
  • LincolnClay

F*ck Take Two Interactive...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:53 AM

I just hope they don't rush it. And the future's not looking bright after The Benz left the team. He was the brains. If you have a look at GTA Online way back when he was still at R*, it was somewhat enjoyable. Now look.
  • anthony, Ya Boy Punk Fan and jaljax like this

Donatello
  • Donatello

Anyone for stickball? I've got a stick. You be the ball.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:13 AM Edited by Donatello, 30 March 2017 - 03:19 PM.

Of course there's going to be a new GTA, but I'm not expecting much of it, even if it takes R* 10 years to develop it.

Somehow the gameplay will be "nerfed", the multiplayer will probably play a large role in the game, and people will start yammering all about how GTA V rocks and GTA VI sucks.
  • anthony, Videogames888 and Brian_O_Malley like this

Solid Scorpion
  • Solid Scorpion

Such a lust for GTA, Whoo?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:38 PM

It's definitely going to happen. It's way too much of a cash generator for R* and TakeTwo to ignore.

You can't go off that average 4 year cycle, that's not generally how devs like R* work.

They're not the type to rush something out just to keep to an average cycle (looking at you COD).

From what I know, they're more of the "when it's ready" type.

They take their time, build a detailed world over years, and then have a last minute panic as they go gold to rush to remove some code they accidentally left in there.

• Mister Pink and Pastry like this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:35 PM

There will be another Gta for sure, but between the upcoming RDR and the continuing milking of GTAO, it won't be for a number of years yet. Not until the money drys up from GTAO and RDR2 will we get official comfirmation of the next Gta imo.

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 30 March 2017 - 04:16 PM Edited by GTA-Biker, 30 March 2017 - 04:17 PM.

I'm sure R* will make GTA next one day (it's their most popular game series,they'd be stupid not to continue it),but for now they are earning enough money from GTA Online,and also making the upcoming RDR game.I guess we could expect GTA next by 2020,or at least I hope we get it by then,and I hope it will be better than GTA 5.

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

RIP PS3 copy !

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 30 March 2017 - 04:41 PM

GTA community is f*cked up to me, I wouldn't really mind if another GTA isn't released.

You do realize you are on gtaforums right ?:p

Junior_Djjr
  • Junior_Djjr

Modding Lover

• Members
  • Brazil
  • Best Map 2016 [San Andreas INSANITY] [Contribution]

Posted 30 March 2017 - 04:58 PM Edited by Junior_Djjr, 30 March 2017 - 05:11 PM.

GTA V was made until 2015 not 2013 (and so, released DLCs and such...)
Rockstar said in 2016 that was holding a meeting and then said that development has already begun.

This is less than 1 year, not 4 years.

By my count (which I've been thinking about for some time) I believe will have a trailer in 2019, or at most 2020, and so released in 2020/2021.

This. I really hope that RDR2 will not be pushed back (But then again,GTA V was also delayed several months so it wouldn't be impossible...).
Also , if I'm not mistaken CTW was developed by Rockstar Leeds (the studio tgat develops the handheld GTA games) and it is (kind of) a spin off. The last main series game to be released was IV in 2008. I believe that the reason we don't have an official statement yet (aside from RDR2) is GTA Online as the community is pretty active and rockstar gets a whole lot of money from the people who buy the shark cards...

You guys know that GTA V/VI is made by Rockstar North and RDR2 by Rockstar Studios, right?

Rockstar Studios is a collaborative effort between Rockstar Vancouver, Rockstar London, Rockstar Toronto, Rockstar New England, Rockstar San Diego, Rockstar Leeds, and Rockstar North.

It's difficult a game delay another. Each subsidiary has its focus, and the north is the GTA series.

X-Vector
  • X-Vector

Knight Who Says Nay

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 March 2017 - 05:34 PM

Going by the Playstation versions it's easy to see that there is a substantial incremental increase in the time gaps between major releases.

Restricted to the "over the shoulder" ones:

GTA III: Oct 2001

GTA VC: Oct 2002

GTA SA: Oct 2004

GTA IV: Apr 2008

GTA V: Sep 2013

That's roughly 1yr -> 2yrs -> 3.5yrs -> 5,5yrs (almost 6.5 yrs for the Windows version).

Were this trend to continue, you'd be looking at late 2020/early 2021 for GTA VI.

• CaptainMental likes this

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

This is love. Love hurts.

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 30 March 2017 - 05:35 PM

He's talking about online.

deadasdisco
  • deadasdisco

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:19 PM

As long as i'm not dead by the time it comes, I don't mind to much. 

• Ya Boy Punk Fan likes this

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:49 PM

GTA V/Online would be a very sh*tty ending to the franchise.

• vnus_dmlo, theGTAking101, ArmyRaidFail404 and 8 others like this

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:23 AM

One of the worst "analysis" I have ever read. Sure lets not make a game that sold 80 million copies in the last release.

• Roger Cheeto and Ya Boy Punk Fan like this

gtafan26
  • gtafan26

Burnt Spy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:00 AM

GTA V was made until 2015 not 2013 (and so, released DLCs and such...)
Rockstar said in 2016 that was holding a meeting and then said that development has already begun.

This is less than 1 year, not 4 years.

By my count (which I've been thinking about for some time) I believe will have a trailer in 2019, or at most 2020, and so released in 2020/2021.

You guys know that GTA V/VI is made by Rockstar North and RDR2 by Rockstar Studios, right?

Rockstar Studios is a collaborative effort between Rockstar Vancouver, Rockstar London, Rockstar Toronto, Rockstar New England, Rockstar San Diego, Rockstar Leeds, and Rockstar North.

It's difficult a game delay another. Each subsidiary has its focus, and the north is the GTA series.

Maybe I am misunderstanding you, but GTAV was release in 2013

Neo Arcadia
  • Neo Arcadia

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:35 AM

There was roughly a 3.5 year gap between IV's release and V's announcement.

It's been 3.5 years since V came out, so we're due.

Crazy to think that IV was released almost 9 years ago.

Consider the fact that V was announced around the time of III's 10th anniversary.

slimeball supreme
  • slimeball supreme

🔺

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Closet Furry 2016

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:46 AM

i wouldn't say he's wrong

Kaniel Outis
  • Kaniel Outis

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:38 AM

I wonder where you got the idea from. Abandoning such a profitable title would be a rather foolish venture for Rockstar. There's no evidence even to support any claims. Just because they're not following a periodical release pattern or updates doesn't necessarily mean that GTA series is coming to end. The proof is the fact that GTAO is still receiving updates.
  • DimitriFaustin likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users