Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is CTW the most innovative/creative GTA?

8 replies to this topic
vnus_dmlo
  • vnus_dmlo

$ $ $

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 March 2017 - 05:36 AM

i cant think of another gta that went so against the grain, the humour, the characters, the style, the gameplay

every aspect of chinatown wars represents the peak of rockstars creativity with the gta series imo

what hidden layers of creativity do you appreciate in chinatown that you think may have been overlooked or forgotten amongst its sea of features?

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:49 AM

I can. It's called GTA2.

• universetwisters, ClaudeSpeed1911, DimitriFaustin and 2 others like this

DimitriFaustin
  • DimitriFaustin

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:20 AM Edited by DimitriFaustin, 30 March 2017 - 01:20 AM.

First, I believe this topic goes into the "Grand Theft Auto Series" sub-forum.

Second, I agree with Yinepi's opinion that GTA 2 is the most creative one (and the mosy unique one at that) but would like to say that the original game in 1997

that started it all was the trendsetter. It may have not had the most features (or the best graphics), but it was, compared to other games on the market, one of few to

truly allow you to do whatever you wanted and to cause crime (what most games back then had you prevent and fight against). Thus, GTA 1 and GTA 2 are my

vote here.

• ClaudeSpeed1911 and Yinepi like this

Atari-Dude
  • Atari-Dude

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2017 - 04:27 PM

I think all of the GTA games were innovative in their own way, but San Andreas being the most innovative of them all. I think this because of the pure amount of things you could do in the game for the time. You could do anything in it. And it was released in 2004!

Will Lorenzo Cooper
  • Will Lorenzo Cooper

Camhack Video Editor

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:50 AM Edited by Will Lorenzo Cooper, 31 March 2017 - 03:53 AM.

GTA 2 for back in the day freedom

GTA III for being the first 3D game, having one of the best sound effects and atmosphere for a 2001 game. It has the most class into it.

SanAndreas for the 3D era features and gameplay, had animations and car physics that felt like they had weight with all the great features including 3 cities and a countryside and a great story.

Chinatown Wars - Did enjoyed it throughout the time but not a long term for GTA gaming, was great for DS users who couldn't get a GTA game on their handheld.

GTA IV for the next generation gameplay - Euphoria physics, car physics, a dark gritty New York atmosphere and a deep story to it.

GTA V - I have no idea, a decent game but nothing innovative, I believe Online is the blame. I wanted a SIngle Player DLC.

• universetwisters and DimitriFaustin like this

mzt
  • mzt

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:43 AM

I'm still amused by most jokes in this game even though i've seen most of em five or six times already. I think having to rely on text rather than audio means the writing has to BE funny, not just sound funny, and they did really well to pack the whole thing with good writing.

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:02 PM Edited by ~Tiger~, 11 May 2017 - 11:05 PM.

First, I believe this topic goes into the "Grand Theft Auto Series" sub-forum.

The topic is about CTW, not the whole series so it is fine right here.

what hidden layers of creativity do you appreciate in chinatown that you think may have been overlooked or forgotten amongst its sea of features?

It looks as though some folks have misunderstood so I've edited the topic title for clarity.

• DimitriFaustin likes this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2017 - 06:41 AM

I'm still amused by most jokes in this game even though i've seen most of em five or six times already. I think having to rely on text rather than audio means the writing has to BE funny, not just sound funny, and they did really well to pack the whole thing with good writing.

Chinatown wars has the funniest story in the series all the characters are crazy.

I remember doing a mission for Chan and he said he couldn't swim even if it didn't have any audio I couldn't stop laughing

TakeshiSantos
  • TakeshiSantos

O Partner, Where Art Thou?

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:38 PM

One of the best gamplay-wise experiences for handhelds, for sure. That and all the crazy minigames and sid-missions, which are fun as hell.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users