Quantcast

» «
Photo

I need some advice for the online as a solo player.

29 replies to this topic
FrayedEndsofSanity
  • FrayedEndsofSanity

Player Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 29 March 2017 - 04:07 AM

Hello, 

I've been playing online for about a week now and I'm level 50. I'm a pathetic level 50, I own nothing except a Ruffian, a 25k Garage and a CEO office. I've made 600k in the past 2 days and I was wondering if I should buy a Kuruma. Or if i should buy a medium ware house and use that to buy a Buzzard. I've seen people with 20-40 million. How do I get there?

My current money making method is as follows:-

Only in Empty Public Sessions,

1. Find a Buzzard at LSIA or that Merryweather Port.
  2. Do Headhunter and earn 20-25k.
  3. Go to Office and buy 3 crates.
  4. Curse vigorously while trying to transport 3 crates solo.
  5. Rinse and repeat until I have 15 crates.
  6. Buy one crate
  7. Do Sell mission
  8. Rinse and repeat step 1-7

Is this a good money making method? Because so far in 2 days i made 500k ( +100k from a random heist).

• rjhsteel2001, UncleScrooge and Hécate-II like this

-RP-
  • -RP-

Producer

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2017 - 04:13 AM

Buy a vehicle warehouse asap.  Import/Export can make a ton of $$$. I've made 30 million with that alone since Christmas 2016. Only 7 Million with crate work in same time period. 

You say in 2 days you've made 500k expect to double or triple that in the same time frame doing import/export.

GL

• Mervz789 and FrayedEndsofSanity like this

FrayedEndsofSanity
  • FrayedEndsofSanity

Player Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 29 March 2017 - 05:28 AM

Buy a vehicle warehouse asap.  Import/Export can make a ton of $$$. I've made 30 million with that alone since Christmas 2016. Only 7 Million with crate work in same time period. 

You say in 2 days you've made 500k expect to double or triple that in the same time frame doing import/export.

GL

do i do import/export alone or alongside crates?

Faggio S
  • Faggio S

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2017 - 05:51 AM Edited by Faggio S, 29 March 2017 - 05:56 AM.

If you have a vehicle cargo warehouse, you can concentrate only on it to make atleast 200k per hour.

BTW, you're not a pathetic level 50.

Anybody who knows buzzards spawn in the wild, and uses it to collect crates/other work at level 50 is smart.

I say, keep the 600k in your pocket, and grind your way to 1.5 mil for the La Mesa vehicle warehouse. You already have the means and proper method to do it.

Unless you plan to do heists/ contact missions a lot, Armored Kuruma will not be much help for you.

After buying a vehicle warehouse and setting it up the right way, you can then make 1.750 mil to buy a buzzard.
  • KWF1981 and FrayedEndsofSanity like this

FrayedEndsofSanity
  • FrayedEndsofSanity

Player Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 29 March 2017 - 06:41 AM

If you have a vehicle cargo warehouse, you can concentrate only on it to make atleast 200k per hour.

BTW, you're not a pathetic level 50.

Anybody who knows buzzards spawn in the wild, and uses it to collect crates/other work at level 50 is smart.

I say, keep the 600k in your pocket, and grind your way to 1.5 mil for the La Mesa vehicle warehouse. You already have the means and proper method to do it.

Unless you plan to do heists/ contact missions a lot, Armored Kuruma will not be much help for you.

After buying a vehicle warehouse and setting it up the right way, you can then make 1.750 mil to buy a buzzard.

Thanks. But finding a buzzard takes 5-10 min. I can make 50k in that time

Buying one will increase my profits immensely

Faggio S
  • Faggio S

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2017 - 06:49 AM

It takes 10 min ? Merrywether base at Elysian Island that you mentioned..the only helis that spawn there're the buzzard and the cargobob.

But even if you buy a buzzard before the vehicle warehouse, it's still a good choice as buzzard's the most versatile and must own vehicle among all vehicles in GTA.

FrayedEndsofSanity
  • FrayedEndsofSanity

Player Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:23 AM

It takes 10 min ? Merrywether base at Elysian Island that you mentioned..the only helis that spawn there're the buzzard and the cargobob.

But even if you buy a buzzard before the vehicle warehouse, it's still a good choice as buzzard's the most versatile and must own vehicle among all vehicles in GTA.

Sometimes i had to fly back and forth btw the airport and elysian island nearly 25 times! Freaking Cargobobs always spawns. 

I think ill get the vehicle warehouse. Grinding back to 1.5 million through CEO is painfully dull as a Solo player

Faggio S
  • Faggio S

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:41 AM

I think ill get the vehicle warehouse. Grinding back to 1.5 million through CEO is painfully dull as a Solo player

Here have a read through this. Way to maximize Vehicle Cargo profit:

Spoiler

While sourcing the first 32 cars, I'd recommend you have no money in your wallet. This is because, if you have no money, then the game will not charge you for the damages that happen to the car while sourcing. Since you're new to these missions, you might not know the optimal ways to reduce damage on cars. If your wallet is empty, you do not have to worry about this and can source cars in peace.

Vehicle damages can be pretty high, up to $ 34k for a top range vehicle. Once you get to know the missions, you'll be okay.

Vehicle source missions can be done without a buzzard. I roleplay as a wheelman for vehicle cargo missions, so I've never used the buzzard for these. It just takes a bit more time that's all.

Hécate-II
  • Hécate-II

Homeboy

• Members
  • France

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:10 AM Edited by Hécate-II, 29 March 2017 - 10:12 AM.

If you're sure you won't crash your buzzard every 2 min, rent one(25k), if it takes some damages, you can repair it by autolanding on the helipad of your office. I do it to repair my Savage. However I cannot confirm the rented Buzzard won't despawn, some peoples had bugs with autolanding, sometimes the helico desappears...

FrayedEndsofSanity
  • FrayedEndsofSanity

Player Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 29 March 2017 - 11:42 AM Edited by FrayedEndsofSanity, 29 March 2017 - 11:45 AM.

If you're sure you won't crash your buzzard every 2 min, rent one(25k), if it takes some damages, you can repair it by autolanding on the helipad of your office. I do it to repair my Savage. However I cannot confirm the rented Buzzard won't despawn, some peoples had bugs with autolanding, sometimes the helico desappears...

the rented buzzard doent despawn. But 25k seems a bit steep. I do rent from time to time, if I dont have tons of time to play.

Here have a read through this. Way to maximize Vehicle Cargo profit:

Spoiler

While sourcing the first 32 cars, I'd recommend you have no money in your wallet. This is because, if you have no money, then the game will not charge you for the damages that happen to the car while sourcing. Since you're new to these missions, you might not know the optimal ways to reduce damage on cars. If your wallet is empty, you do not have to worry about this and can source cars in peace.

Vehicle damages can be pretty high, up to $ 34k for a top range vehicle. Once you get to know the missions, you'll be okay.

Vehicle source missions can be done without a buzzard. I roleplay as a wheelman for vehicle cargo missions, so I've never used the buzzard for these. It just takes a bit more time that's all.

25 min cooldown?! I'll fill my warehouse up in that time. 

How does this sound, I'll fill up the 40 car warehouse and then start selling only the top range cars. I don't think the source missions cost money. 

HoestOnline
  • HoestOnline

TryHard YouTuber

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 29 March 2017 - 11:50 AM

Definitely get a vehicle warehouse as fast as you can and start the special vehicle cargo trade. 

This playlist has some walkthroughs on sourcing vehicles and other tips/tricks.

Keep playing, you'll be a rich bastard in no time.

raysis
  • raysis

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2017 - 11:56 AM Edited by raysis, 29 March 2017 - 12:12 PM.

definitly save for import export house!

I have a few tips for you as a solo player with import export.

Collect 10 standard and 10 mid range cars, never sell them. When you get high range export it and in that way you will always get high range cars so steal.
Because the game give you cars you dont own. Learned this from Dexiovi in here and its just great.

Next tips is to export without spawnup shooting at you.

Go into a public session and look on the map that it no one outside waiting for you. Export the car, when you get the Call from assistent hurry and empty the session with the time date glitch. Then you are free to go safe.

It would be lot easier if you just add some friends or find a crew to play with. Because if its one other player in the session you can export without that spawnup from the rockstar..

The best investment to start with is import export, after that buy buzzard for vip work and spawn it up as ceo. Call pegasus when you are mc president if you want that later.

Then the other best things to buy is mc businesses that produce in backround while you work as a ceo.

Not the best solo but its possible if you just sell when the stock is half full then you get two veichle to deliver with.

Better to get help and sell when its full, you will earn more pr hour in that way.

My 4 fully upgraded mc businesses make 1.35 mill often 1.4 with some small bonuses

• DeXiovi and FrayedEndsofSanity like this

Faggio S
  • Faggio S

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:10 PM Edited by Faggio S, 29 March 2017 - 12:11 PM.

How does this sound, I'll fill up the 40 car warehouse and then start selling only the top range cars. I don't think the source missions cost money. 

Don't fill up the warehouse completely. Fill it only upto 32 vehicles. By then you should have:

* Standard Range : 10
* Mid Range : 10
* Top Range : 12
* TOTAL : 32 DIFFERENT CARS

After this, start selling top range alone. You will get back the top range car you sold, on the next source mission you do.

And yea, there's a 20 min cooldown for selling one car.

What I do is, Sell - Source - Vip mission (takes 20 - 25 min). Then sell again. That's atleast 200k per hour.
  • FrayedEndsofSanity likes this

derek0514
  • derek0514

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 March 2017 - 11:38 PM Edited by derek0514, 29 March 2017 - 11:45 PM.

Save up for vehicle warehouse, watch video on the different warehouse locations. Be careful which one u select as moving / trade in will cost u. You may want scope out site before deciding.

I have the Greenway locn where my regular ten car garage is in same complex. It has LSC nearby and airport for picking up Bob after calling Pegasus. Plus plenty room land Bob, and easy get to. $2.7 m w improvements. Bob is $1.7M eliminates prob w NPC ground attackers.
  • FrayedEndsofSanity likes this

Dagger311
  • Dagger311

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:19 PM

Here's my money making method currently (Rank 87 or so, CEO, Vehicle Warehouse, Buzzard, currently a millionaire with a nice looking Tempesta):

Join a public session, go passive.
Spawn in and sell the modded Sandking XL at Larry's RV sales (Across from the LSC in the desert, spawns from 9:00 to 17:00 if you drive a Sandking XL. Drive up to the airport, then turn around, go down the dirt road that leads to route 68, hugging the left side, make the left and one spawns 90% of the time).
Get a solo public session (On Xbox One, all you have to do is make a playlist with a race, finish the race, restart the playlist, then back out).
Source and sell a high end vehicle.
Either source more vehicles or do VIP work, depending on how many high end cars I have left to sell.

Now, you have a CEO office, all you need is a Buzzard (Seriously, worth every penny), a vehicle warehouse (Worth way more than every penny), and an armored Kuruma (Good for certain sourcing missions, I.E. ones where enemies are too close to the car to use rockets on them).

FrayedEndsofSanity
  • FrayedEndsofSanity

Player Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:35 PM

Here's my money making method currently (Rank 87 or so, CEO, Vehicle Warehouse, Buzzard, currently a millionaire with a nice looking Tempesta):

Join a public session, go passive.
Spawn in and sell the modded Sandking XL at Larry's RV sales (Across from the LSC in the desert, spawns from 9:00 to 17:00 if you drive a Sandking XL. Drive up to the airport, then turn around, go down the dirt road that leads to route 68, hugging the left side, make the left and one spawns 90% of the time).
Get a solo public session (On Xbox One, all you have to do is make a playlist with a race, finish the race, restart the playlist, then back out).
Source and sell a high end vehicle.
Either source more vehicles or do VIP work, depending on how many high end cars I have left to sell.

Now, you have a CEO office, all you need is a Buzzard (Seriously, worth every penny), a vehicle warehouse (Worth way more than every penny), and an armored Kuruma (Good for certain sourcing missions, I.E. ones where enemies are too close to the car to use rockets on them).

I already made 178k with the sankding sells. 

• Dagger311 likes this

RANDOMv2
  • RANDOMv2

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2017 - 07:12 PM

I do a bunch of lone wolf work as well, I understand the struggle.  It may take longer but the first thing I would recommend is to stop doing the 3 crate missions.  It is not work the $16k per trip.  I do single crates by myself, no need for the extra aggravation.  I add in Sightseer and Headhunter in between crate pickups.  The car warehouses can make a lot of money, however, most of the car pickups require 2 people and they are more time consuming.  I also sell a street car every 48 minutes.  The Baller and Lampadati Felon each sell for $9k and the Sentinel and Lampadati Felon GT sell for $9500.  There are other more expensive cars you can find and sell but those are the easiest.  Do not be tempted to buy expensive things on the day they come out.  At this time I am $200k away from $30 mil again.  You're on a good path so far.

Hybrid_Dolphin87
  • Hybrid_Dolphin87

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 April 2017 - 10:28 PM

As someone trying to grind the money to buy an export garage this seems like it might be invaluble to helping.

Currently been struggling with how to make money, currently have a warehouse for cargo but that seems really labour intensive and the sale mission glitched on me where I delivered the first 7 boxes by plane then had to land and get into another plane but the next set of drops never showed on the map so i ended up losing 7 boxes and getting no money for them...

Faggio S
  • Faggio S

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2017 - 09:50 AM

As someone trying to grind the money to buy an export garage this seems like it might be invaluble to helping.

Currently been struggling with how to make money, currently have a warehouse for cargo but that seems really labour intensive and the sale mission glitched on me where I delivered the first 7 boxes by plane then had to land and get into another plane but the next set of drops never showed on the map so i ended up losing 7 boxes and getting no money for them...

If sale missions are glitched, change sessions as soon as you can. When you load in the next session, you'll have all your crates back except 2 (for medium warehouse) or 3 (for large warehouse).

If you destroy a cargo vehicle, hard quit the game (via Task Manager on PC) as soon as you can, and the game won't register the loss. The next time you login, you'll only have lost 2/3 crates.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2017 - 10:40 AM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 02 April 2017 - 10:41 AM.

Sometimes i had to fly back and forth btw the airport and elysian island nearly 25 times! Freaking Cargobobs always spawns. 

You don't have to do that.  If you get to a helipad and it's not a Buzzard then simply drive away and then go back.  You'll get the hang of how far you need to drive before it despawns the previous heli.  With the Merriweather base at Elysian Island, you probably just have to drive out of the gates and then go back in.  That will be a LOT quicker than flying over the airport and then turning round and flyinh back when that's got nothing but Froggers and an Annihilator.

Billy0815
  • Billy0815

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:52 AM

What I do when I play solo and want to grind crates:

1. enter public solo session

2. buy 2 crates. Its cheaper and you make more money. only disadvantge is that you take more time.

3. wait until cooldown disappears or use the time efficient and run headhunter or sightseeing tour (not sure if the english term is correct. I mean that mission where you have to collect the packets)

4. repeat and sell

Thats a fast way of moneymaking if you haven't other opportunities like vehicle warehouse. You can make a good amount of money in a short time and buy a vehicle warehouse.

Moreover I strongly suggest to buy a buzzrad bc you can spawn it as ceo for free and use it for all the missions. I bought one a few months ago in sale for around 700k. But I would wait for a sale. 2 mio i way too much for that thing.

Hope this helps.

thuggerthugger1
  • thuggerthugger1

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:36 PM

Whats everyone saying about "entering a public solo session"? How fo u get in one of these im tired of losing my cars to other players when it comes to vehicle deliveries. Im on xbox 1 if that helps

Zader
  • Zader

cocksucker

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:43 PM

Whats everyone saying about "entering a public solo session"? How fo u get in one of these im tired of losing my cars to other players when it comes to vehicle deliveries. Im on xbox 1 if that helps

Get a solo public session (On Xbox One, all you have to do is make a playlist with a race, finish the race, restart the playlist, then back out)

(sorry for quoting you from like 100 years ago but I am lazy)

Not sure if it works on Xbone, but on PS4, just adjusting your system clock one month ahead will desync you from the lobby, and you can grind in peace.

herpito_derpito
  • herpito_derpito

Player Hater

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:46 AM

tip for buying the buzzard. "stalk" warstock on socialclub's lifeinvader for a 10% (175k iirc) off the first purchase. it wont show as a discount, ut you'll pay 1'575'000

buzzard is a must. can spawn anywhere, anytime as a ceo. for free

• KWF1981, A.Nothingman and FrayedEndsofSanity like this

FrayedEndsofSanity
  • FrayedEndsofSanity

Player Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:41 AM

You don't have to do that.  If you get to a helipad and it's not a Buzzard then simply drive away and then go back.  You'll get the hang of how far you need to drive before it despawns the previous heli.  With the Merriweather base at Elysian Island, you probably just have to drive out of the gates and then go back in.  That will be a LOT quicker than flying over the airport and then turning round and flyinh back when that's got nothing but Froggers and an Annihilator.

I bought a buzzard. But thanks anyway!

• Furry_Monkey likes this

Masterjohn88
  • Masterjohn88

GTA Farmer

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 25 May 2017 - 04:28 PM

I gt the mavrick heli first, as good as  buzzardisaves ton of $$$

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 May 2017 - 12:04 AM

@ Masterjohn88... Good luck collecting crates out the ocean with 3 boats of bandits shooting you out, the buzzard kills them in mere seconds, plus it offers some protection on the odd day that a random pops in the lobby...

hirokc44
  • hirokc44

Running For President

• Members
  • India

Posted 27 May 2017 - 02:51 PM

I am telling u, get a MC clubhouse and buy one and only one business: The Cocaine Farm.

And also, buy the factory thats the cheapest, additional upgrades such as equipment,faculty etc get cheaper too.

You can make a good 400-500k every 2-3 hrs.

While selling the cocaine, i highly recommend u find a partner.

rebeldevil
  • rebeldevil

Alcohol-fueled Smartass

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 May 2017 - 07:48 PM

Lots of good information here. I've been wondering why I keep getting harassed by NPCs every time I sell a car, where before it was just a leisurely cruise. I'm in solo public sessions now. I guess R* spawns in enemy AI to make up for the lack of player opposition.

Good to know. I'll invite a friend. Because with that AI, it's really not worth it. My last run they did over $25,000 in damage to the car and shot me right out the driver's seat. I ended up only earning about $15K on that sale (where I should've made about $60K after expenses)

livejoker
  • livejoker

Questionable Aunt

• Van Society
  • None
  • Funniest Member 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:53 AM

I doubt OP needs more info but here's something I saved for when doing solo/CEO stuff. Unsure who planned this out but this is by far the best thing to do in terms of...um...well, being bored farming stuff while listening to music or watching a movie. Sure, it's not heist money but at least the attention level is low which is always a plus for me.

0UcmWGv.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users