Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Crews section of GTA Online threads should maybe be relocated?

7 replies to this topic
DeXiovi
  • DeXiovi

Trick

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:22 PM

Not that it's important or anything, but I think the Crews sub forum should be in GTA Online underneath 'Find Lobbies & Players' so people can find it easier. A lot of people post recruitment threads for their crews in 'Find Lobbies & Players' which doesn't attract a lot of attention, and it kind of muddles it up for people who are genuinely looking for new players. Personally it annoys me a bit with all the recruitment posts (I know it's stupid and doesn't really matter at all) and I'm no MOD so it's not my place to say what belongs, just an opinion.
I'm sure it's probably separated cause it's technically an extension of GTA Online via Social Club, but I think it's a harmless fixaroo that would help direct people to the proper sub forum. But this isn't my forum and I could be completely wrong, so this thread can be locked if that's the case. I just made it cause I know of a couple of people who share the same thought.
Sorry if I wasted anyone's time!

Rafae
  • Rafae

GTAF Crew

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:40 PM Edited by RafaeSheikh, 27 March 2017 - 07:42 PM.

Stop apologizing so much lol it's a genuine suggestion and should be treated as such. Personally, I feel it's fine the way it is since it's for 'actual' crews formed within the community here. The 'Find Lobbies and Players' sub-section satisfies the need for like-minded individuals to meet one another although it's not visited as frequently, unfortunately. Also, some people may not want to join crews and just want new people to play with so they might not even visit the Crews section for that reason alone.

E: I'm an idiot who doesn't know how to read lol

I agree now. The Online section is clearly the most popular and having the crews section there would make it even more active than it already is.

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:53 PM

Crews sub forum should be in GTA Online underneath 'Find Lobbies & Players' so people can find it easier. A lot of people post recruitment threads for their crews in 'Find Lobbies & Players'

Don't forget that the Crews Subforum is about more than just Recruitment. The Main hub of the Crews Section is the old Gang Chat section, the social home of the chat topics of Official Gangs, Certified Crews and Groups and unofficial crews.

And there is the Events Section, where large or regular organised events are advertised and Chronicled.

The Recruitment Section is highly competitive as crews compete for candidates and as such has it's own set of rules and is closely moderated. Small, unregistered crews or informal groups do not qualify to post there and they have to use Find Lobbies and Players instead.

For these reasons, the Crews Subforum is a major stand alone section of GTAF rather than incorporated in another subforum.

• SWEETSAPRIK, Nico, Android and 3 others like this

Android
  • Android

Oreo

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:54 PM

I'm not sure this would be a smart move with how things are set up as of now. Currently, the Crews section is home to established social groups as well as GTAO crews, but those are mostly posted in the Recruitment subforum. Obviously, there are way more gaming based crews, despite them being less established, that are interested in recruiting others just to play. Moving the entire Crews section for that reason alone would displace the other side. Dedicated Social and Gaming crews were separated at one time, but it was changed to what it currently is now. 

• Rafae likes this

DeXiovi
  • DeXiovi

Trick

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:15 PM

Stop apologizing so much lol it's a genuine suggestion and should be treated as such. Personally, I feel it's fine the way it is since it's for 'actual' crews formed within the community here. The 'Find Lobbies and Players' sub-section satisfies the need for like-minded individuals to meet one another although it's not visited as frequently, unfortunately. Also, some people may not want to join crews and just want new people to play with so they might not even visit the Crews section for that reason alone.

E: I'm an idiot who doesn't know how to read lol

I agree now. The Online section is clearly the most popular and having the crews section there would make it even more active than it already is.

tenor.gif
Can't help it, I'm Canadian. It's in my nature.

And to Tiger and Android - Thank you for the clarification, as if it weren't obvious now I wasn't aware there was a large community there. I have lurked a few times but clearly I wasn't really paying attention. I wouldn't want to rip a part that dynamic just so I get to read less recruitment posts in 'Find Lobbies & Players'.
Not refuting what either of you are saying at all, just asking 1 more question. Would it make any sense to have 2 links to the same Crews sub forum? In the same spot and also in GTA Online? Or the majority of those recruitment posts I'm referring to don't qualify in Crews at all?
Definitely not pushing for my suggestion to go through, just trying to get the facts straight.
  • Rafae likes this

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2016
    Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:40 PM

Our "Crews" section is specifically for chat topics belonging to formal groups, gangs and crews that base their operations out of GTAF, some have been made for a long time and don't necessarily play games constantly, so it doesn't make sense for our community to put it even further within the GTA Online section. Maybe for GTA Online 2.0 it'd get it's own section, but not right now.

What kind of topics are you referring to that are getting in the way in Find Lobbies? Are they specifically to recruit people to their crews or are they asking for players to come online?

DeXiovi
  • DeXiovi

Trick

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 March 2017 - 12:43 AM

Our "Crews" section is specifically for chat topics belonging to formal groups, gangs and crews that base their operations out of GTAF, some have been made for a long time and don't necessarily play games constantly, so it doesn't make sense for our community to put it even further within the GTA Online section. Maybe for GTA Online 2.0 it'd get it's own section, but not right now.

What kind of topics are you referring to that are getting in the way in Find Lobbies? Are they specifically to recruit people to their crews or are they asking for players to come online?

I guess I was mainly referring to just the recruitment portion of it, but I understand it fully now. I know, I'm slow. My apologies.
But yea, I was referring to the crew recruitment threads on 'Find Lobbies & Players'. Most have these long elaborate lists of rules and requirements. It's not that they are being spammed or anything, I just thought they were being posted in the wrong place, and I found them annoying when looking for new players to add. I know I'm just bitter and ridiculous though.

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:02 PM Edited by ~Tiger~, 29 March 2017 - 12:12 AM.

I just thought they were being posted in the wrong place, and I found them annoying when looking for new players to add.

Don't forget if you think a topic has been posted in the wrong place, you can use the Report System to let us know. We'll then look into it and take appropriate steps  :^:
  • Kirsty likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users