Unpopular Opinion Thread

29 replies to this topic
HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

I don't like the Badlands section of the game. I think it's boring, drags out, and it's really annoying to travel between missions because of the terrain; you have to constantly keep checking the world map to find the best route.

• Payne Killer and Mister Leone like this

VOIDACID2000
  • VOIDACID2000

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I wish the map and the cars were based on modern times

Mister Leone
  • Mister Leone

Lost Forever

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

The soundtrack kinda sucks minus KDST, Radio X, and some gems covered in piles of sh*t.

San Fierro is the most comfy city for CJ to live in.
  • Payne Killer and HalfOfAKebab like this

Paul72
  • Paul72

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

The soundtrack kinda sucks minus KDST, Radio X, and some gems covered in piles of sh*t.

Yes, because there should only be rock music in the radio stations and there shouldn't have any hip hop, funk, or R&B in a game that revolves primarily on urban African-American gang life because that's just straight blasphemy (caustically speaking).

Anyway, back on topic

• CJ was a lame protagonist
  • Sweet would make a much better protagonist than CJ
  • Ryder was the most cohesive and charismatic character in the game
  • Kendl is underrated
  • The flying missions sucked
  • Wrong Side of the Tracks was my favorite mission. Sure Smoke can't shoot for sh*t, but it was still fun.
  • I love all the racing games
  • Black Project was a lame mission
  • To be candid, the game had plenty of pointless missions, such as Body Harvest
  • vnus_dmlo, Errbahdy and HalfOfAKebab like this

Mister Leone
  • Mister Leone

Lost Forever

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I didn't say it shouldn't be there, I just said it sucks.
  • Payne Killer likes this

Donatello
  • Donatello

Anyone for stickball? I've got a stick. You be the ball.

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I wish Toreno was the main antagonist.
  • Achlys likes this

mrfilmpjesmaker123
  • mrfilmpjesmaker123

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrFilmpjesmaker123

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 4 weeks ago

Especially the travelling was annoying. From Truth to Catalina, blegh.

Achlys
  • Achlys

Property Of ShadowPerson

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 4 weeks ago

I think Tenpenny's death was lame, we should've been the one who killed him, not the crash.
  • Journey_95, Payne Killer, Mister Leone and 1 other like this

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 4 weeks ago

catalina was pretty decent mission strand, fun to rob sh*t!

sweet was selfish motherf**er.

ryder all the way coolest character, he should have made it in game and also comeback in next gta's!

all gangs except san fierro ones sucked!

helicopters blades were stupidly invincible and throwing you around when touching objects thus making helis somewhat uncontrollable in tight spaces!

cars always burning first and always exploding after certain amount of beating is lame!

air vehicles are nukebombs and have very unnoticable signs when would they go off, serious trolling!

• SmokesWithCigs likes this

Mister Leone
  • Mister Leone

Lost Forever

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I think Tenpenny's death was lame, we should've been the one who killed him, not the crash.

The leader of CRASH getting killed in a crash in Grove Street is a great ending if you look beyond the surface level. I get you though, it's unfotunate we don't get to put a bullet in him. Chasing down Pulaski like a dog and loading a full clip into him is satisfying though.
  • Journey_95, Errbahdy, Hyperlith and 3 others like this

Atari-Dude
  • Atari-Dude

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Sweet is a useless piece of sh*t... He kept telling us we had to go save Grove Street, but he left us to do all the work... I mean yeah, it wouldn't be a fun game having him beat the whole game for us, but he was such an ass when we did all the work to get him outta jail. A little respect would have helped

• Payne Killer likes this

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I don't like the Badlands section of the game. I think it's boring, drags out, and it's really annoying to travel between missions because of the terrain; you have to constantly keep checking the world map to find the best route.

why don't you take a helicopter then

I would really beg to differ with you on the music.

Yes, because there should only be rock music in the radio stations and there shouldn't have any hip hop, funk, or R&B in a game that revolves primarily on urban African-American gang life because that's just straight blasphemy (caustically speaking).

Anyway, back on topic
  • CJ was a lame protagonist
  • Sweet would make a much better protagonist than CJ
  • Ryder was the most cohesive and charismatic character in the game
  • Kendl is underrated
  • The flying missions sucked
  • Wrong Side of the Tracks was my favorite mission. Sure Smoke can't shoot for sh*t, but it was still fun.
  • I love all the racing games
  • Black Project was a lame mission
  • To be candid, the game had plenty of pointless missions, such as Body Harvest

black project lame? ok that's your opinion. I like that mission the underground bunker reminds me of the missle silo mission from goldeneye 64

while that might be true I felt the crack den and the chase /rail shooting sequence was enough add to the fact that you had to also catch sweet when he falls off of the truck ladder. I like to think that some of those bullets hit tenpenny also when you are chasing him.
  • Achlys likes this

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by SmokesWithCigs, 4 weeks ago.

heres my opinion. I don't like car damage in this game as in the cars take damage to easily. its like they are made of cardboard or paper machete. you cant pull your car out of pay and spray soon enough when it is damaged again instantaneously. I don't like how some cars handle like a broken shopping cart super gt for example.
I don't like how carl has to stop and check himself in the mirror when you change clothes ,it takes up time. I wish we could combine fighting styles when we learn a new one at the gym. if carl combined all three styles he would have a good mix of long range, ground fighting, and a little bit of cqc. I don't like driving dates except for denise
  • Errbahdy and VOIDACID2000 like this

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

heres my opinion. I don't like car damage in this game as in the cars take damage to easily. its like they are made of cardboard or paper machete. you cant pull your car out of pay and spray soon enough when it is damaged again instantaneously. I don't like how some cars handle like a broken shopping cart super gt for example.
I don't like how carl has to stop and check himself in the mirror when you change clothes ,it takes up time. I wish we could combine fighting styles when we learn a new one at the gym. if carl combined all three styles he would have a good mix of long range, ground fighting, and a little bit of cqc. I don't like driving dates except for denise

I think most of those are very common opinions... Lol.

vnus_dmlo
  • vnus_dmlo

Player 2

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 4 weeks ago

i dont think tenpenny actually died

my unpopular opinion is a conspiracy theory that rockstar intended to bring back tenpenny in a later game thus "killing him off" in an ambiguous way so as to leave the option open however were unable due to lack of interest from samuel l jackson

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by HalfOfAKebab, 4 weeks ago.

i dont think tenpenny actually died

my unpopular opinion is a conspiracy theory that rockstar intended to bring back tenpenny in a later game thus "killing him off" in an ambiguous way so as to leave the option open however were unable due to lack of interest from samuel l jackson

I guess it's possible. CJ and Smoke decided not to shoot him, and he seemed to go from screaming pure hate to completely dead suspiciously quickly.

I do think he died though. I just don't think they wanted that cutscene to last a ridiculously long time.
  • vnus_dmlo likes this

vnus_dmlo
  • vnus_dmlo

Player 2

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 4 weeks ago

i dont think tenpenny actually diedmy unpopular opinion is a conspiracy theory that rockstar intended to bring back tenpenny in a later game thus "killing him off" in an ambiguous way so as to leave the option open however were unable due to lack of interest from samuel l jackson

I guess it's possible. CJ and Smoke decided not to shoot him, and he seemed to go from screaming pure hate to completely dead suspiciously quickly.I do think he died though. I just don't think they wanted that cutscene to last a ridiculously long time.
i always assumed he was dead until my last playthrough and for some reason it reminded me of when you supposedly shoot down torenos helicopter

idk something just seems off about his death

Arrow
  • Arrow

Void Walker

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 4 weeks ago

The Countryside and Badland areas are a bit confusing, especially on the South West side of the map. A new player will have a fair deal of confusion in navigation. Also, most of the on-road vehicles give poor performance on hills. Unless you grab a Bandito or Sanchez, cruising takes way too much of time.
  • HalfOfAKebab likes this

Evil-Empire
  • Evil-Empire

Trick

• Members
  • France

Posted 4 weeks ago

The handling of the vehicles sucks in San Andreas whereas it is excellent in Vice City. I don't understand such a regression.

The difficulty in the global game is as balanced as a maniac-depressive person's mood.

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Journey_95, 4 weeks ago.

The story is sh*t after Los Santos, they should have used different protagonists for each city and not ruined CJ's story imho.

The LS portion (really enjoyed the "hood" atmosphere) is on par with VC but then it goes downhill and turns into a trainwreck.

• The_Human likes this

ESAgamer503
  • ESAgamer503

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

The story is sh*t after Los Santos, they should have used different protagonists for each city and not ruined CJ's story imho.

The LS portion (really enjoyed the "hood" atmosphere) is on par with VC but then it goes downhill and turns into a trainwreck.

Im currently replaying the game. Finishing the SF part. I thought the Badlands and SF part were well plotted and have more interesting missions. The section is not without it's flaws for sure though.

But i do agree the LS portion is the best one in terms of story. It's probably the best plotting I've seen in a GTA game actually.

ESAgamer503
  • ESAgamer503

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by ESAgamer503, 3 weeks ago.

I thought the gang wars were quite boring and the AI was pretty terrible. The AI overall was pretty bad. Sweet and the gang members is one of the biggest offenders.

Many minigames are pretty bad (Dancing,Lowrider etc). Some side missions are tedious while others lose their novelty after a while (Burglary, Gang Wars)

The constant wait for CJ to dress up when buying clothes is pretty tedious.

Sometimes the story progression goes too fast for its own good making some events questionable when they appear or doesn't explain how certain events happen creating contriviances and plotholes. The story itself noticeably suffers a bit of a decline of quality after the LS part, noticeably in Las Venturas.

There are more things. But that is for later.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Unforgiven

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 3 weeks ago

-Tenpenny is ridiculously overrated. I prefer Pulaski.

-Smoke's and Ryder's betrayals were handled terribly. It was obvious that Ryder was going to be a back stabbing prick at some point and even though they tried being more subtle with Smoke ironically his deception was made even more obvious i.e not living in Grove Street or helping in "Drive Thru".

-Too many copy & paste safehouses.

-Assets were a huge step backwards from Vice City.

-All the occupational based side missions like valet, quarry, freight train etc are sh*t.

-Fighting styles are pointless.

-Whilst I appreciate the array of clothing options I wish there were less gimmicky items and more of what actually fits CJ (no pun intended).
  • Username.gta and The_Human like this

sharkman764
  • sharkman764

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Sweet is a f*cking asshole. I hated him, all he did was complain day in and day out. He constantly treats CJ like sh*t even though CJ wants the best for him. Sweet doesnt understand that the hood is the reason why his mom died, he doesn't understand that the hood was reason why his ass got locked up. He wants to go back and live his life dirty back in the hood its disgusting. After all that KGB/CIA sh*t CJ did just to save him all he goes back to do is bitch and complain how CJ is a pussy for not helping him and make the hood great again.

• Evil-Empire and VOIDACID2000 like this

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Sweet is a f*cking asshole. I hated him, all he did was complain day in and day out. He constantly treats CJ like sh*t even though CJ wants the best for him. Sweet doesnt understand that the hood is the reason why his mom died, he doesn't understand that the hood was reason why his ass got locked up. He wants to go back and live his life dirty back in the hood its disgusting. After all that KGB/CIA sh*t CJ did just to save him all he goes back to do is bitch and complain how CJ is a pussy for not helping him and make the hood great again.

and to add to that ryder was the sweetener making the day good again

• Evil-Empire likes this

Doctor Dollars
  • Doctor Dollars

Wiseguy Despiser

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Doctor Dollars, 3 weeks ago.

I like the badlands section, I feel it puts CJ in an enviroment he's not comfortable in and really magnifies the struggle of his brother being in jail and the betrayal of his friends. He comes out of the badlands a more mature man. Also I live in Alaska and I visit a lot of friendly rural places and it reminds me of those especially in the morning. I also like K-Rose

• SmokesWithCigs and The_Human like this

VOIDACID2000
  • VOIDACID2000

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I don't like the mechanic of cars catching on fire and exploding from crash damage, bullet damage or flipping over.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by ACM-Jan, 3 weeks ago.

I don't like the mechanic of cars catching on fire and exploding from crash damage, bullet damage or flipping over.

thats actually common opinion and first 2 (bullets, crashes) still cause same effect in gta 4 and 5 as well (not with every vehicle but most of them)

ArmyRaidFail404
  • ArmyRaidFail404

Welcome to the Union

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by ArmyRaidFail404, 2 weeks ago.

Toreno should't have been a character.

Reasoning: Rockstar missed out on a great mission sequence of CJ making his own plans to break Sweet out of prison. Toreno got in the way of that and I was forced to do missions that I felt held up the game.
  • HalfOfAKebab likes this

watersgta3
  • watersgta3

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

-Smoke's and Ryder's betrayals were handled terribly. It was obvious that Ryder was going to be a back stabbing prick at some point and even though they tried being more subtle with Smoke ironically his deception was made even more obvious i.e not living in Grove Street or helping in "Drive Thru".

That's not an unpopular opinion at all. Plenty of people will agree that their betrayal wasn't that much well-written. Smoke's betrayal was pretty obvious judging by the clues to the story (not shooting in the drive thru mission, living in Ballas' territory, C.R.A.S.H. entering and exiting his house). The cluses were right in our faces. As for Ryder, it just seems like R* made him a traitor because there was no further use for his character. The fact that he got killed off haphazardly really doesn't help.

• MiamiViceCity likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users