Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is there a standard relation for time playing the game and ranking up?

15 replies to this topic
ERTERT
  • ERTERT

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:38 AM

I have 260 hours on the game. A bit over half online the rest story mode.

I am at rank 20.

At this rate it will be years before I get up to get the good vehicle upgrades.

They may be up to GTA 10.

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:55 AM

130+ hours for rank 20 is absolutely abysmal. What do you even do in the game?

• truffleshuffle03 likes this

gajrajgchouhan
  • gajrajgchouhan

tommycjnikojohnnyluis fan

• Members
  • India

Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:06 AM

260 and only rank 20 ? I was above that in 1st week, are you a SP modder ? That defienetly is not good, no offense.

Zeta87
  • Zeta87

Homie

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 26 March 2017 - 12:50 PM

I was at level 50 after 100 hours of online, so i guess you spend a lot of time f*cking around.

ERTERT
  • ERTERT

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 March 2017 - 03:10 PM

Mostly just screwing around. Shooting, taking cars, running down people, cop chases, etc. Lots of time by myself. When playing with other people usually get my azz kick quickly. Faster cars, better weapons. I killed a couple but didn't get that many points. 

Any suggestions what I should try doing?

Tao Cheng
  • Tao Cheng

Man I'm fuuuucked up!

• Members
  • China

Posted 26 March 2017 - 03:49 PM

If you don't like getting your ass kicked, do some missions with other people. Take part of races. The list goes on...

ERTERT
  • ERTERT

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:41 PM

I don't mind getting killed but what is kind of annoying is when it is out of nowhere. Was on awhile ago. Got killed 6 times in about 10 minutes.

4 of those there was no one showing on the map with in a few of blocks of me.

After dying the replay thing showed them right by me.

ERTERT
  • ERTERT

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:40 AM

What am I missing? Was online and got shot up 3 or 4 times. (legitimate). Respawned and got a nice care so I wanted to race around for awhile.

I was in an area where NO ONE WAS VISIBLE ON THE MAP ANYWHERE NEAR ME.

Driving along and I got blown up.

It was under a freeway area so even if someone was on a building or a ways away they couldn't of had a shot.

The guy was definently not visible 

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 27 March 2017 - 02:53 PM

your posts are all the same, they are all about modders etc, and as someone that plays on pc for more then a year, ranked 300+ only found them a couple of times on the same lobby, and that is when the server dont start kicking everyone out. so you are either very unlucky or just full of sh*t
  • hei3enberg likes this

ERTERT
  • ERTERT

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:10 PM

I am not full of st and I am not imagining it. I simply asked if I was missing something.

Other players show on the map as a colored dot. (mostly white).

The last time I posted about there was no dot on the small map OR THE LARGE FULL SIZE ONE. I specifically looked for an area with no one

because I wanted to cruise around.

This is a pretty "complex" game with lots of stuff to figure out.

It takes awhile. Asking questions helps.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:54 AM Edited by ACM-Jan, 28 March 2017 - 04:54 AM.

I tested online some days ago on pc too and i didn't see any weird stuff, if there was kill on me i saw a player doing that, even slow internet wasn't causing any difference.

you are so far only one having those issues.

• hei3enberg likes this

truffleshuffle03
  • truffleshuffle03

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 March 2017 - 05:43 PM

guys he is just running into ghost org or off radar people.  

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:48 PM

This is a pretty "complex" game with lots of stuff to figure out.

260 hours into the game, i guess you are a slow learner

• truffleshuffle03 likes this

TheHumanIsland
  • TheHumanIsland

See The Eye

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2017 - 09:25 PM

What if OP's blips are all toggled off (as many times they would auto toggle in the past and stay that way) and doesn't know where all the in-world triggers are? And he's only been seeing random phone alerts the whole time? Those in world triggers are pretty vital to picking up the game quickly imo, even if you stop using them once you explore the phone.

truffleshuffle03
  • truffleshuffle03

Peon

• Members

Posted 02 April 2017 - 12:25 AM

What if OP's blips are all toggled off (as many times they would auto toggle in the past and stay that way) and doesn't know where all the in-world triggers are? And he's only been seeing random phone alerts the whole time? Those in world triggers are pretty vital to picking up the game quickly imo, even if you stop using them once you explore the phone.

I am sorry but if the OP has legit put in 260 hours into a game and only managed level 20 then something is wrong. You can get rank 20 in just a few hours. I mean heck, you could almost fart irl and rank up. It's not about not seeing a blip. It's about not doing anything actually in game. You can rank up by just loosing wanted levels. Heck, he could run solo races even and get pretty good rank ups. I did that on my second character and within a few hours I was up to level 52. You can see he has no idea about this game. I hope he did not put 260 hour into this game and only reached level 20.

• hei3enberg likes this

hei3enberg
  • hei3enberg

I missed page 3000 by 10 posts

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2017 - 12:55 PM

OP, from the look of it you will more happy playing SP with mods. Everything will be unlocked, no server issues, no modders. Online is about social interaction, challenges, ranking up, making money. It's a relatively new thing for GTA, I agree, but you can still get the old school experience in SP. I'm playing 2-3 times per week and gaining 1-2 ranks per week (460 now). Note that RP required to get next rank is increasing with your current rank, so to get from 0-20 you will spend significantly less time than from 440 to 460. 

GO play contact missions, heists, DMs, adversary modes, races, do some CEO/associate jobs. Everything will get you RP. Jesus, it's harder not to rank up in this game! I was 456 once and wanted to keep that for a while because of the number, but nope...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users