Destiny 2

59 replies to this topic
boyy
  • boyy

Japanese Denim

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GFX]

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:54 AM Edited by boyy, 24 March 2017 - 06:26 PM.

ll5ghHm.jpg

Looks like the release date is going to be September 8th and we can most definitely expect a beta sometime within the next few months.

According to Jason Schreier of Kotaku's tweet the poster is legitimate and the game will be announced "soon".

A little reminder, all gear from the first game won't be carrying over to Destiny 2, but our characters will. I'm personally fine with this but I'm sure people out there are going to be pissed about it.

• Android likes this

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

FN

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 24 March 2017 - 04:53 AM Edited by Sir Michael, 24 March 2017 - 05:05 AM.

Hopefully Bungie learned from the mistakes made in the first game. I wasn't a fan of the way they handled weapon balancing, constantly nerfing entire weapon classes because of individual perpetrators:

-Last Word, Thorn, and Hawkmoon started a stream of Hand Cannon tweaks, one of which neutering them for months. The next update in Destiny 1 is going to nerf hand cannon range for the third time since last April, all because of individual weapons like Eyasluna and Palindrome...

-The potency of high-impact shotguns like Matador and Party Crasher made Bungie nerf ALL shotguns instead of those specific ones.

-And don't get me started on auto rifles... After the SUROS Regime was nerfed for being a beast, auto rifles turned into trash for more than two years, and they're still pretty bad! The rapid-fire ones were good for a while but that didn't last long.

Other than that, I hope there's enough content this time around.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:45 PM Edited by Fuzzknuckles, 24 March 2017 - 03:46 PM.

Will Destiny 2 be the most aggressive and cruel psychological experiment on gamers we've ever seen? 

Because the first game was, so they're going to have to top that. 

• Sir Michael likes this

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

FN

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:04 PM Edited by Sir Michael, 24 March 2017 - 06:07 PM.

Lol, being stuck on a Raid for hours was the worst... there's only so much patience a person can have before snapping.

A little reminder, all gear from the first game won't be carrying over to Destiny 2, but our characters will. I'm personally fine with this but I'm sure people out there are going to be pissed about it.

• boyy likes this

Chalk
  • Chalk

Quality never dies

• The Connection
  • Australia

Posted 24 March 2017 - 11:20 PM

I really enjoyed playing this for the longest time when it first dropped. Had 3 housemates/friends that I played with consistently which led to the issue of having 4 people when most of the stuff had a max limit of 3, and not having enough regulars to do raids. We eventually had some LFG people come and do raids with us but it wasn't nearly as consistent to learn the raids properly and we normally only had a couple of hours each night. Which made some of the raids hard to complete before a few of them had to go to bed.

Overall still one of the most fun shooters I've played. Just sucks how they handled the DLC and charged full game prices for add ons which were little more than 25% of the original game.

Looking forward to seeing what they do with Destiny 2 and if my mates and I will pick it back up. I know most of them had been turned away from the franchise because of the issues above but if they look to have made improvements we may very well come back.

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

FN

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:41 PM Edited by Sir Michael, 28 March 2017 - 10:25 PM.

In case there were doubts, the game was officially teased today.

https://twitter.com/...406524347940871

C78JJWfU8AAOJbZ.jpg

No details have been released yet but all that smoke rising from the City makes me think it'll be under attack.

E: Worldwide reveal will be this Thursday.

• boyy likes this

Hakuma
  • Hakuma

The Spirits

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:44 PM

Hopefully get an announcement trailer soon, along with some beta details.

deadx23
  • deadx23

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:16 PM

• Mattodon and Sir Michael like this

Mattodon
  • Mattodon

The Damascan Tusk

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 March 2017 - 11:43 PM

Nathan Fillion is the one good thing about this series.

ShadowPerson
  • ShadowPerson

Intergalatic Empress of Evil.

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 28 March 2017 - 11:47 PM

So after centuries of darkness and struggles. Humanity can finally fight back and rise?

Fireboy769
  • Fireboy769

I only have a 2-Star Wanted Level? Are you serious?

• WMCC
  • United-States

Posted 29 March 2017 - 02:24 AM

So after centuries of darkness and struggles. Humanity can finally fight back and rise?

It's a full-scale Cabal invasion on the city. OF COURSE they're gonna go all 'Nope. Time to stop moping around and being afraid to fight and start kicking some a**! No way we dying tonight, son!'

deadx23
  • deadx23

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2017 - 07:08 PM Edited by deadx23, 30 March 2017 - 07:20 PM.

Oh boy :D

#sep.8

E:I just seen it for pre-order on PSN store
  • Sir Michael likes this

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

FN

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2017 - 07:28 PM Edited by Sir Michael, 30 March 2017 - 07:29 PM.

Lmao, I really like Cayde. Him and Eris were really the most memorable characters from the first game.

Gameplay Premiere will be on May 18th. I also went to the pre-order site and saw that it's coming out for PC. :panic:

Chalk
  • Chalk

Quality never dies

• The Connection
  • Australia

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:47 PM

Lmao, I really like Cayde. Him and Eris were really the most memorable characters from the first game.

Indeed. Nathan Fillion is amazing in the voice work he's done here.

It looks as though at least a couple of my friends who played Destiny with me are interested in buying this one. That means I will almost certainly be buying it. Just hope they can structure the DLC and the costs of them a bit better this time round.

Breaking Bad
  • Breaking Bad

I am the one who knocks.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:11 PM

Literally the only game I'm excited about this year. Can't wait to sink an unhealthy amount of hours in to this game. Hopefully it's got a lot more of an expansive world than the first one. I'm really hoping the City is as massive social space with the Tower destroyed, literally just walking around an open city with quests from Cayde, Zavala etc. Reclaiming and rebuilding the Tower, fighting through the city.

From the trailer cinematic, it appears Guardians have lost their 'light', so majority of the game looks to take place in the City, or at least until we defeat the first boss to reclaim our powers back.

Everything about this story potential excites me.

deadx23
  • deadx23

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:11 PM

Just about less than an hour to go, hopefully I hide well enough for me to watch it (im at work :( )

https://www.gamespot...y/1100-6450144/
  • sebcreed likes this

GTAFanClub
  • GTAFanClub

@Bully2Info

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:48 PM

From That Gameplay reveal. Destiny 2 seems pretty promising. I just hope it's 60 FPS on Consoles.

boyy
  • boyy

Japanese Denim

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GFX]

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:46 PM Edited by boyy, 19 May 2017 - 07:47 PM.

From That Gameplay reveal. Destiny 2 seems pretty promising. I just hope it's 60 FPS on Consoles.

Probably on Project Scorpio or the Pro, yeah. Wouldn't hope for anything more than 35 on either base consoles.

sebcreed
  • sebcreed

Player Hater... Not!

• Members
  • Olympics
  • Best Event 2014 [Van Society Meets]

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:43 PM

Probably on Project Scorpio or the Pro, yeah. Wouldn't hope for anything more than 35 on either base consoles.

I'm 99% sure I read somewhere that D2 is capped at 30fps on consoles. I'm OK with this as long as it's perfectly stable in all honesty.

There seems to be a buff to player health or sheild in PvP to make gun fights last longer, which is great in my opinion.

There has been a lot of hate going aroung the internet on how it looks too much like D1, they say it looks more like a major patch of sorts. I'm fine with that too, what kept the playerbase is loot and, above all, the exceptional gameplay. So, why change it if it aint broke?

Sooo, all in all I'm happy with what I saw, and I cannot wait for its' release!

Laker23
  • Laker23

Greatness From Small Beginnings

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:40 PM

Was confirmed by Luke Smith it's locked to 30fps on all consoles, although Scorpio is unconfirmed as of now.

Really hated his 'answer' as to why there's no dedicated servers, hopefully PVP isn't a mess like it has been for over a year now.

Apart from those 2 gripes, thoroughly looking forward to it.

Modojo
  • Modojo

DVA 1 Bad Guys 0

• Members
  • United-States
  • GTAF Snapmatic Logo Winner

Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:53 AM Edited by Modojo, 21 May 2017 - 05:55 AM.

I'm disappointed that Destiny 2 will be capped at 30 fps at console release (ffs we live in the world of 60/120fps now, pls Bungie). I'm also a bit indifferent about the fact that the uncapped PC version is coming at a later date via battlenet. Nonetheless, I'm excited to experience the story.

Slynke
  • Slynke

"Forum Cool Guy"

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Mars

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:24 PM

BETA TOMORROW!!!

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Census]
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:46 PM

After reading a few lines in an article today about how f*cked up the beta is going to be, I preorded (xbox version) in hopes I'm not too late for beta.

Destiny was enjoyable and I've been weening myself into more multiplayer style games of late. Toss all that in with Bungie claiming soooooo much story in the release...I'm genuinely getting a bit excited.

Slynke
  • Slynke

"Forum Cool Guy"

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Mars

Posted 20 July 2017 - 03:24 AM

With Bungie, it's best not to get excited cx

That being said, I'm enjoying the new PvP. Time to kill is a bit longer, seems a bit more balanced although it definitely needs some balancing before launch. PvE took quite a hit though with the PvP balancing. Time to kill is a bit of a problem for PvE, every major is now a bullet-sponge.

The beta is overwhelmingly small, a stark contrast to the D1 beta which was 1/3 of the vanilla game. After about 2 or 3 hours, I was bored. Played a bit more today, but again, after 2 or 3 hours I couldn't bare anymore. Ready for the full launch!

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:34 AM

actually lookin forward to this game even if I hated the first one

Laker23
  • Laker23

Greatness From Small Beginnings

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:13 AM

Haven't tried the strike, but the Homecoming mission is great. Upgraded visuals are clear to see.

Not sure how I feel about PVP one way or the other. I feel the ttk is too slow. Although I'm not sure how much I can judge it, considering the very limited weapons we have at our disposal.

Apart from the ttk, I had fun in the matches I played for about an hour or so.

Maxxi
  • Maxxi

Guardian of the Light

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:44 AM

PvP feels OK. Control definitely feels more objective-based than just "war with flags" like D1. Although the new layout promotes the same issue as Halo did: camping heavy ammo/weapons with heavy ammo.

The new subclasses feel subpar at best. Nova Bomb feels neutered, Dawnblade is inaccurate and pitifully weak, Golden Gun depletes too quickly, Arcstrider is confusing and difficult to combo with, Sentinel tries to be both offensive or defensive and it fails at doing either. The only thing I have gotten satisfaction using is Fist of Havoc. The dual grenade charges, with grenades that actually do damage. The Roaming super, with superpowered Shoulder Charges, or multiple slams. It just feels borderline perfect. If the super lasted just a tad longer, or had an Encore perk like Bladedancer does in D1, it would be perfect.

The boss in the strike feels like a massive meat shield. Way too much health. With abilities recharging so slow and the lack of ammo drops for any weapon type, it becomes almost impossible to focus on him or adds and survive.

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:16 PM Edited by Stormingz, 24 July 2017 - 01:19 PM.

I watched my brother play this for half an hour and it was enough for me to know, I won't be touching this game.

From what I noticed, the only thing they added was the subclasses, terrible voice acting and "jokes".

I know this is a beta, but surely they should be showing of something more?

Maxxi
  • Maxxi

Guardian of the Light

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:15 PM

I watched my brother play this for half an hour and it was enough for me to know, I won't be touching this game.

From what I noticed, the only thing they added was the subclasses, terrible voice acting and "jokes".

Not exactly. It was a simple server stress test for social spaces and Crucible PvP. I was disappointed in what was available too, but we will see what the full game has to offer when it drops.

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:58 PM

Not exactly. It was a simple server stress test for social spaces and Crucible PvP. I was disappointed in what was available too, but we will see what the full game has to offer when it drops.

In that case, I'll have to wait and see what reviews the game gets before I think about buying this, but it isn't looking good so far.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users