Help with Fatal Error Out of Video Memory

3 replies to this topic
Blessed Viper
  • Blessed Viper

Car Nut

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:47 AM

I bought GTA IV on Steam about a year or two ago & recently started playing again. I made a fresh install with no mods & downgraded to 1.0.7.0 so I could add a trainer into it. I only use it to mod it since I have GTA V on my console, but they're mostly visual mods (besides the trainer). With that being said, I installed a couple car mods & iCEnhacer. After installing these basic mods, the game still runs perfectly smooth on Medium-High settings for a couple minutes, but whenever I drive a few blocks, the game stops & I get an error message saying the following:

"GTA IV FATAL ERROR: Out of video memory - Please reboot your system"

I have tried using command lines, lowering my settings, resolution & everything, but I keep getting the message. 

Here are my specs:

•GTX 750

•Intel i5 3330k quad core

•8GB of RAM

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this? Will removing my iCEnhancer be the only option?

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award [GTAO]

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:08 AM

Does the game run fine without mods?

StormBreaker
  • StormBreaker

Rockstar Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 25 March 2017 - 06:38 AM Edited by StormBreaker, 25 March 2017 - 06:39 AM.

The game might work fine without car mods. A lot of car mods are buggy, so removing the mods might solve the problem

Blessed Viper
  • Blessed Viper

Car Nut

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 27 March 2017 - 04:53 AM

The game might work fine without car mods. A lot of car mods are buggy, so removing the mods might solve the problem

This solved the issue, thanks! I figured out it was a couple cars that were buggy. Also removing vehicle density down helped a lot (in case anyone stumbles upon this thread with the same problem)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users