Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA 4 backward compatible for xbox1, new map coming to GTAO?

48 replies to this topic
CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 18 hours ago

Soon.
Spoiler
  • Perez84, We Are Ninja, A Maned Wolf and 2 others like this

CaptainMarvel
  • CaptainMarvel

MSpaintophiliac

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 hours ago

I'm just jealous of you XBoners. I want GTAIV WITHOUT the dumb PSNOW.

The tears are salty and delicious, but they are mine.

Zombified Andy
  • Zombified Andy

Think different. Question everything.

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 18 hours ago

Thanks for making me laugh for a bit looking at one more so acclaimed "tipster" making a fool of himself. It's amazing how one can become so popular (and in the case of Youtubers, making a nice buck) thanks to some people's ingenuity.

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Supposed Contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 hours ago Edited by We Are Ninja, 17 hours ago.

Good Lord. The asinine Liberty City rumor has resurfaced once again. I don't know why this makes me giggle uncontrollably.

EDIT: LOL @ the crappy screenshot that started it all...

JON22
  • JON22

FECK U ALL >:(

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 hours ago

Not to rub it in, but after the most recent update for back compat GTA4 single player runs almost silky smooth.

On topic, would be nice to have Liberty City in Online, but then all the interiors would be locked.
  • bulldog385 and CaptainMarvel like this

CaptainMarvel
  • CaptainMarvel

MSpaintophiliac

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 hours ago

Not to rub it in, but after the most recent update for back compat GTA4 single player runs almost silky smooth.

On topic, would be nice to have Liberty City in Online, but then all the interiors would be locked.

Go ahead and rub it in,use my delicious tears for a marinade.

I've been fortunate to be able to work from my home office while taking time to care for my dog who was hit and run two weeks ago (fractured leg) and I've had the opportunity to enjoy GTAO more and now have a hankering to visit its predecessor. I wanna bowl with my fat, annoying cousin. I want to angrily answer the phone when crack whore biker chicks call. I wanna be a Latino bodyguard getting a blowjob from slutty club assistants!
  • A Maned Wolf and JON22 like this

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

*Bork!*

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 17 hours ago

Good Lord. The asinine Liberty City rumor has resurfaced once again. I don't know why this makes me giggle uncontrollably.

EDIT: LOL @ the crappy screenshot that started it all...

That heavy, compressed jpeg...

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Kings and Thieves

• Members
  • England

Posted 3 hours ago

to be honest if there was going to be a map extension (which is extremely unlikely to ever happen) I would hate it to be GTA 4's map. That game sucked and it just wasn't a fun sandbox for killing other players

''I would hate it to be GTA 4's map. That game sucked''

B7HLHSk.gif

• .Vooodu. and The-Irish-Hunter like this

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

KING RUINER

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 hours ago

to be honest if there was going to be a map extension (which is extremely unlikely to ever happen) I would hate it to be GTA 4's map. That game sucked and it just wasn't a fun sandbox for killing other players

B7HLHSk.gif

People are different. I didn't think it sucked but I find V far superior.

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Kings and Thieves

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 hours ago

B7HLHSk.gif

People are different. I didn't think it sucked but I find V far superior.

This is true.

Avenged Sevenfold
  • Avenged Sevenfold

R.I.P Lemmy kilmister 1945-2015

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 2 hours ago

SP DLC Confirmed

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Fixed an issue allowing unauthorised fun

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 2 hours ago

I can't wait to go bowling.

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

KING RUINER

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 hours ago

I can't wait to go bowling.

Carpal tunnel syndrome dlc confirmed
  • Gridl0k likes this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Fixed an issue allowing unauthorised fun

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 2 hours ago

I'm a Mario Party 64 vet, I have no tendons.

Jenkiiii
  • Jenkiiii

Looking Good In The Hood

• Members
  • Wales

Posted An hour ago Edited by Jenkiiii, An hour ago.

I think this is the reason we're never going to see an implementation of GTA IV's map into GTA online - it was not a sandbox multiplayer game. It was a lobby based game. You went online through options on your mobile phone and then entered deathmatches, races and a number of other co-op and PVP modes, but there was never the ability to wander the map in multiplayer and do your own thing - buy cars, properties, clothes, etc... it was all done in single player as Niko Bellic. Rockstar would have to adapt everything in single player to reflect GTA online freemode right now, and I don't see that happening. I think it would be best to re-develop GTA IV from the ground up instead of trying to make it 'compatible'.

.Vooodu.
  • .Vooodu.

Make GTA Great Again

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 54 minutes ago

I think this is the reason we're never going to see an implementation of GTA IV's map into GTA online - it was not a sandbox multiplayer game. It was a lobby based game. You went online through options on your mobile phone and then entered deathmatches, races and a number of other co-op and PVP modes, but there was never the ability to wander the map in multiplayer and do your own thing - buy cars, properties, clothes, etc... it was all done in single player as Niko Bellic. Rockstar would have to adapt everything in single player to reflect GTA online freemode right now, and I don't see that happening. I think it would be best to re-develop GTA IV from the ground up instead of trying to make it 'compatible'.

Well the only thing the GTA 4 map needs is a re-texture for buildings and NPCS.    Thats pretty much it.  I bet modders could add it IF R* wasn't such anti modders online.  I mean, it sort of already exists.

It was a Sandbox multiplayer game..  It just lacked alot of what GTO has.    But if the map is basically dropped into GTA O game mecnanis it could easily work.

GTA 4 was a great map.. It would be perfect for everything GTA O has.  Its great for PVP and cruising thats for sure..And R* can easily add blue map markers for anything they want.

But it won't happen..  now.  Unless modders figure a way to pull it off for online mode for everyone.

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 minutes ago Edited by DentureDynamite, 21 minutes ago.

Rockstar really can't do anything "big" without someone opening his stash of tinfoil heads right ?

I thought the idea that RDR2 being announced and thus gtao would get rdr related content was already laughable, but this one takes the cake.

Read Dead has horses
GTAV has animals
GTAV has horse stables and tracks
GTAV has no horses

I will never understand R* reasoning

lol There is no such thing as R* reasoning. Just "things they do" that make you go "Hmm..."

And don't get me started on the lack of animals, building interiors, and the completely non-functional cable car system in GTA Online (even though a train and subway system aren't a problem). *sigh*

At least occasionally, R* adds some small new things like drunk NPCs; will give them credit for that much.

• Arrows to Athens likes this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Kings and Thieves

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 minutes ago

Rockstar really can't do anything "big" without someone opening his stash of tinfoil heads right ?

I thought the idea that RDR2 being announced and thus gtao would get rdr related content was already laughable, but this one takes the cake.

Read Dead has horses
GTAV has animals
GTAV has horse stables and tracks
GTAV has no horses

I will never understand R* reasoning

lol There is no such thing as R* reasoning. Just "things they do" that make you go "Hmm..."

And don't get me started on the lack of animals, building interiors, and the completely non-functional cable car system in GTA Online (even though a train and subway system aren't a problem). *sigh*

At least occasionally, R* adds some small new things like drunk NPCs; will give them credit for that much.

Yeah, why do these updates keep making the traffic even worse than what it already is?

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A minute ago

^^ I would add "and LSPD" to the traffic; basically, R* has an agenda which is either fueled by profits or getting revenge on their players who often express how ticked off they are at the devs/management. Or both.

e.g. You may recall when Piracy Prevention came out, you got $55k for defending your yacht (image below). Got dropped to $30k. Similar measures just happened to Import/Export vehicle sourcing; you no longer get a Top Range vehicle each time if you've actually taken the time to max out your vehicle garage.

R* doesn't like players earning "too much legitimate" GTA$. How dare they.

piracy_prev_55k.png

9 user(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users