• Japan

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:09 PM

Sooo how I get more ram? I wanna run this on ultra lol

SuperHolySheep
  • SuperHolySheep

Dead End Friends

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:12 PM Edited by SuperHolySheep, 23 March 2017 - 03:18 PM.

Buy a 1080 ti.

Edit: What resolution are you playing this at? Because some thing aren't needed when running at 1440p or 4K. Things like MSAA 4x+ and grass at ultra will kill vram usage at those kind of resolutions.

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

S.T.A.R.S Unit/The Dear R* Girl

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:17 PM

Buy a 1080 ti.

I have a Laptop. Unless I throw away my current mother board and do a custom job on it then no dice.

I thought since I had 16 gigs of ram I would be fine. I was thinking of upgrading to 32

SuperHolySheep
  • SuperHolySheep

Dead End Friends

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:21 PM Edited by SuperHolySheep, 23 March 2017 - 03:23 PM.

Buy a 1080 ti.

I have a Laptop. Unless I throw away my current mother board and do a custom job on it then no dice.

I thought since I had 16 gigs of ram I would be fine. I was thinking of upgrading to 32

There is a difference between VRAM and just regular ram. VRAM or video ram can, as far as I know, only be upgraded with buying a better gpu.

Unless you got a laptop that can accept external GPU's, the only option is to buy a new laptop or accepting that everything at ultra isn't a possibility.

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:19 PM

Buy a 1080 ti.

There is a difference between VRAM and just regular ram. VRAM or video ram can, as far as I know, only be upgraded with buying a better gpu.

Unless you got a laptop that can accept external GPU's, the only option is to buy a new laptop or accepting that everything at ultra isn't a possibility.

Well I do have a Alienware and it does that that adapter that I can buy and put any video card there but it's huge.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

turtle

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States
  • Best Character 2016 [Niko Bellic Ped]
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:59 AM Edited by theNGclan, 24 March 2017 - 03:00 AM.

VRAM is memory for visual content, standard RAM is for pretty much everything else. The only solutions are get a more powerful video card or lower your settings.

• Arrow likes this

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 24 March 2017 - 04:47 AM

VRAM is memory for visual content, standard RAM is for pretty much everything else. The only solutions are get a more powerful video card or lower your settings.

Ohhhh didn't know that. Hmm thanks just learned something today!
  • theNGclan likes this

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★☆★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 4 weeks ago

Buy a 1080 ti.

Well I do have a Alienware and it does that that adapter that I can buy and put any video card there but it's huge.

forget external Gpu's, even if you spend all the money in a better gpu and the external docking station, the transfer rate of thunderbolt3  just cant handle all the data being transfered around.

• Quinn_flower likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users