Mod compability thread
Which other mods should be supported by UG in Snapshot 3? Let me know!
This is a part of the Snapshot 3 goal to make UG more mod friendly.
NOTE: Since Snapshot 3 was released earlier, not everything from this list is included in releases. For example, this means that V HUD is still incompatible, but implementing support for it is mostly done, and as it's not fully complete, it's not included in releases until it is fully stable and complete.
Mods which are compatible in released versions
- Project 2DFX DONE - The data is slightly outdated but should work fine
- V HUD by dk22pac NOT INCLUDED
- ModLoader NOT INCLUDED
- CLEO DONE - We will introduce support for the latest CLEO version soon.
- SAMP NOT INCLUDED (planned for 3.3 update)
- Classic HUD NOT INCLUDED
A status of NOT INCLUDED means that support for this mod is in development or nearly done, but is purposely excluded from released versions because of problems we have not fixed yet.
Mods which are confirmed to be incompatible and will be patched from UG to be compatible:
- Project 2DFX DONE - needs draw distance ID range hooks + the files are slightly outdated
- V HUD by dk22pac DONE - needs full support for added weapons
- ModLoader WIP - not much has been done
- ImVehFt DONE - still needs support for night license plate textures
- CLEO DONE - latest version not supported
- SAMP DONE - needs more server-side patching and depends on the new website + needs a new launcher
- Bullet mod by Ryosuke NOT STARTED
- First Person mod NOT STARTED - I've heard rumors that it works without the patch file it includes, not sure though
- SA::Render UNCERTAIN
- Tuning mod UNCERTAIN
- Ragdoll mod by madleg UNCERTAIN
- Classic HUD WIP - Did some basic patches but it needs more than that
- Mobile HUD by dk22pac NOT STARTED - not sure what has to be done to make it compatible
Mods which are already compatible by default:
There wasn't an official list for compatible mods I use so....
- Widescreen Fix (I use it personally and I haven't ran into any issues besides the FOV problem involving yellow squares)
- Wanted level editor (mods needs to be updated for Snapshot 3 because of the new systems used for vehicle features, and the new zone based wanted level system...)
- ImgLimitAdjuster (pre Snapshot 3 only)
- fastman92 limit adjuster (obviously)
- Open Limit Adjuster (with all options disabled, FPS limit works, searchlights works too, fastman92 limit adjuster handles this)
- And lots of other mods, feel free to try mods out yourself!