Quantcast

» «
Photo

Time it's taken you to complete each GTA game?

17 replies to this topic
crooky369
  • crooky369

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

I've always tried to treat a good full length GTA game as a fine wine, something that doesn't come along too often and is best appreciated at a slower pace. With the much reduced amount of games R* are producing these days I'm glad I've taken my time with these as despite my lengthy completion times as there isn't much new left to play now...  Also looking through my list below it's a little worrying how many times I've rebought games I already owned, largely due to the technical aspect of the originals ageing unfavourably.  

With this in mind this is how long it has taken me to complete the games from the 3D era onwards:

-----

GTA 3 - Bought in mid 2002 on PS2 and completed in 2015 using a PS2. Time to complete 15 years(!)  Platforms I own the game on PS2, Xbox and PC

GTA: Vice City - Bought Christmas 2002 on PS2, completed 2003 using a PS2. Time to complete less than one year. Platforms I own the game on PS2, Xbox, PC and iOS. 

GTA: San Andreas - Bought October 2004, completed around mid/late 2011 using a Xbox 360 playing the Xbox version. Time to complete around 7 years. Platforms I own the game on PS2, Xbox, PC and iOS. 

GTA: Liberty City Stories - Bought October 2005 on PSP, completed in 2006 using a PSP. Time to complete less than one year. Platforms I own the game on PSP.

GTA: Vice City Stories  - Bought October 2006 on PSP, completed in 2015 using a PS2. Time to complete 9 years. Platforms I own the game on PSP and PS2 

GTA 4 - Bought April 2008 on PS3, completed in 2008 using a PS3. Time to complete less than one year. Platforms I own the game on PS3 and PC. 

GTA - TLAD - Bought mid 2010 on PS3, completed mid 2013 using a PS3. Time to complete 3 years. Platforms I own the game on PS3 and PC.

GTA - TBOGT - Bought mid 2010 on PS3, completed March 2017 using a PC. Time to complete 7 years. Platforms I own the game on PS3 and PC.

GTA 5 - Bought September 2013 on 360, still ongoing... :)  Platforms I own the game on 360, PS4 and PC.

-----

I'd be interested in seeing how long it's taken other people to complete the GTA games. Is it a case of just rushing through them as fast as possible or are there others like myself who really take their time?

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Playa

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 5 days ago Edited by DOUGL4S1, 5 days ago.

2D era games - Never played.

III - Never completed, tried to a few years back but I had some problems with my notebook and had to delete everything.

Vice City - Story about a month, 100% never.

San Andreas - Story a bit over a month, 100% in about two and a half months.

LCS - Only played the first missions on my cousin's house, so never.

VCS - Never played.

IV - Story in about two weeks, 100% in a bit over a month.

TLaD - Story in about a week, 100% in less than a month.

TBoGT - Story in about a week, 100% in about a month.

CW - Never played.

V - Story in a bit more than a month, 100% never.

VictorVince1239
  • VictorVince1239

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago Edited by VictorVince1239, 5 days ago.

Never beat GTA3 or Vice City. 

GTA V was the easiest for me once I got the hang of the game. Only really had trouble with that Oneil ranch mission as Trevor for a little while. 

San Andreas  took me the longest  though (couple of years of off and on) mostly because of the Zero missions and the part where you had to do improve your swimming to continue the story. Not to mention playing other games along side it.

Beat the PSP games no problem.

Funny thing about IV is I stopped playing it for a long time due to the driving. Then one day I gave it another try and was hooked. Beat that one in a couple of months. 

ProKiller93
  • ProKiller93

dunno

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 5 days ago

1 and 2 - played but never completed

VC - most recent: a few months (2014)

A - ongoing

SA - a few months (without the zero missions) actually 1 year because I stopped playing after the second last mission (2009-2010)

IV - most recent: 1 week (Nov. 2016)

TLAD and TBoGT - most recent: a few days each (early 2015)

V - 1 week (Sep. 2013)

Never completed the rest unfortunately

never 100 %-ed a GTA

Achlys
  • Achlys

Penis Flytrap

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 5 days ago

III: 5 days
VC: See above
SA: 2 Weeks
LCS: A week
VCS: 5 Days
IV: 2 Weeks
TLaD: 3 Days
TBoGT: 3 Days
V: 2 Weeks

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 4 days ago

Jesus Christ OP do you average one hour of playing time each week?

OT - I always rush through the story so I could do free roaming sh*t without having to worry about missions. Business before pleasure I guess.
  • Still Madd and Yinepi like this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 4 days ago

The Pause Menu Stats have a "Current Playing Time" Stat and a "Total Playing Time" Stat, so it's very easy to look at the time it takes you to reach 100%.  I usually end with LESS THAN 24 Hours, 1 Day per Save File.  Can easily show Photos if nobody believes it.  But the actual real life time it takes to do the Day's Worth of Tasks?  About a week, since I only like playing 2-3 hours a day before getting bored.

In VC, for instance, I finished a Save in 18:17, so under 20 Hours.  A game like SA?  58:11.  LCS?  Just finished it literally 10 minutes ago in my fastest ever, 18:12.  It's really easy to do it fast when you know what to expect and done each game countless times over and over through the years...

crooky369
  • crooky369

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

2D era games - Never played.

III - Never completed, tried to a few years back but I had some problems with my notebook and had to delete everything.

Vice City - Story about a month, 100% never.

San Andreas - Story a bit over a month, 100% in about two and a half months.

LCS - Only played the first missions on my cousin's house, so never.

VCS - Never played.

IV - Story in about two weeks, 100% in a bit over a month.

TLaD - Story in about a week, 100% in less than a month.

TBoGT - Story in about a week, 100% in about a month.

CW - Never played.

V - Story in a bit more than a month, 100% never.

Yeah that reminds me when I say "complete" I just mean I finished the story. Never been one to 100% any game as I just feel like I'm box ticking rather than having fun from just pissing about. 

Try and play GTA 3, VCS and LCS before they're too dated. Even though it was the last 3D era game VCS is pretty appalling now with some nasty framerate issues on PS2 at least so get playing before it seems even worse!

Never beat GTA3 or Vice City. 

GTA V was the easiest for me once I got the hang of the game. Only really had trouble with that Oneil ranch mission as Trevor for a little while. 

San Andreas  took me the longest  though (couple of years of off and on) mostly because of the Zero missions and the part where you had to do improve your swimming to continue the story. Not to mention playing other games along side it.

Beat the PSP games no problem.

Funny thing about IV is I stopped playing it for a long time due to the driving. Then one day I gave it another try and was hooked. Beat that one in a couple of months. 

At the time I thought the driving was OTT. Way too much understeer for a mainstream game I thought. But in retrospect the driving is the probably the best of the series. Sure I'm biased as a big racing game fan but it's just so rewarding when you hit your marks. My most used car on my recent play through was the good old standard four door Taxi sedan... a proper car! I feel GTA IV is absolutely perfect with it's simulation of what I think an American taxi from that era would drive like. Heavy, rubbish tyres, suspension from the Roman era but a great engine that pushes the car to rapid speeds.

Dodging through the very dense traffic (I set it to 100 mostly) at breakneck speeds with the lovely weight transfer and subsequent grip loss that has to be tamed is great. Barrelling over a jump and the car snapping to an outrageous angle then seeing a line of traffic ahead... correct the slide, a dab of brakes to straighten the car then threading the eye of the needle through a gap in the traffic for me never gets old.  I'm  quite proud of my average speed being 41+ mph considering the mundane cars I normally drove.

I was very happy with the driving on V when it came out as I thought the easier driving was better suited to the series and I still feel that's true but for me personally the driving in IV is just so rewarding. Games with abysmal handling such as WatchDogs 2 where the cars feel like go karts with too much grip, brakes so good your guts would be through the windscreen etc make me appreciate the risks R* took with the handling model on IV. 

III: 5 days
VC: See above
SA: 2 Weeks
LCS: A week
VCS: 5 Days
IV: 2 Weeks
TLaD: 3 Days
TBoGT: 3 Days
V: 2 Weeks

Wow.

Jesus Christ OP do you average one hour of playing time each week?

OT - I always rush through the story so I could do free roaming sh*t without having to worry about missions. Business before pleasure I guess.

You might have guessed I'm the other way around... As an example I was a in a close knit group with the fellow gang members of the Grove Street Families in San Andreas for so many years in perpetual happiness. Actually playing through the game and finding out what happened was actually a little sad. It didn't feel like Grove Street any more without everyone hanging out.  

Messing about, exploring, listening to the radio stations, watching the TV, surfing the internet, playing pool, playing darts, messing about on a BMX, fighting people down at the docks etc etc will always come first for me before the story.

• VictorVince1239 likes this

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 3 days ago Edited by Yinepi, 3 days ago.

Disclaimer: I never completed any GTA %100. Always saw that as waste of time. For me my completion time is based on how long it took/takes to complete storyline from first time I played.

GTA1: 5 years. First played 2009

GTA2: 11 years. First played 2001

GTAIII: 6 years. First played 2002

VC: 3 years. First played 2002

SA: 4 days. First played 2005

LCS: 8 days. First played 2006

VCS: 1 day. First played 2007

IV: 3 days. First played 2010

EFLC: 4 days. First played 2012

V: 2 days. First played 2013

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 3 days ago

three

Mr. Fartenhate
  • Mr. Fartenhate

🔺

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Closet Furry 2016

Posted 3 days ago

it took exactly 16 minutes for me to complete grand theft auto vice city

Son of Zeus
  • Son of Zeus

Still King

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 2 days ago

it took exactly 16 minutes for me to complete grand theft auto vice city

How

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 2 days ago

How

I mean that's 11:49 and is literally the fastest anyone has completed the game but still
  • Son of Zeus likes this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Player/Researcher

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 days ago

GTA 3-2007- 1 week
GTA Vice City - 2008: 2-3 days later
GTA San Andreas- 2016: 3-4 weeks
GTA 4 & EFLC-2010: 4 days
GTA 5 got release date-2013:2-3 days

Currently working on beating GTA LCS & VCS now .

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 2 days ago Edited by MetalMilitia89, 2 days ago.

How?

By literally skipping 98% of the whole Story with a speedrunning, glitch factory technique.  I like speedrunning, but I do it my normal means.  Like during a Mission, taking the shortest path to my destination, saving less which means less drive time back to a Safehouse, thus less Total Playing Time in the Stats, just knowing the Map and the Missions and what's to come, etc, etc.  But I don't see the appeal to break the game and skip half of it.  I find it more impressive to reach 100% with the lowest Stats possible, all Special Vehicles, and in a fast time whilst not glitching the game to the limits and skipping Missions via duplicating.  I've done VC in 18:17 to 100%, not just the Story, with 90 Attempts, 0 Pay and Spray Visits, 0 Deaths, 0 Busted, 0 Cheats, all 27 existing Special Vehicles.......And only 24 Safehouse Visits.  From 0 to 100% and doing everything in between, I saved 24 total times.  It's another Stat I like to keep low (Safehouse Visits) since I like to test my skills and patience to do as much as I can in a row, without failing of course, before I save the game.  It's risky, but it's something I will take the risk doing these days since playing isn't what it used to be in terms of difficulty.  I need to spice up the playthrough with doing different things and make it harder on myself to get any satisfaction from doing a Save...

But putting the Total Playing Time Stat aside, III has been done from 0% to 100% in 4 days.  VC, 5 days.  SA, 3 weeks.  LCS, 6 days.  VCS, 10 days.  IV, 4 weeks.  TLaD, 3 days.  TBoGT, 3 days.  CW, 10 days.  V, 4 weeks.  It's only SA, IV, and V in which take much longer to finish since there is so much more to do in those games...

• Son of Zeus likes this

XXI
  • XXI

middle finger up, f u pay me.

• Daily Globe
  • Wales
  • Best New Member 2015

Posted 2 days ago

original: never beat the game lol

III: First time - roughly 2 weeks (school, family etc) 

VC: 5 days - not counting 100% in side stuff

SA: even longer, a month I'd say at best. 

LCS; 3-4 days

VCS; same as LCS

IV: 3 months, meh didn't care for rushing it

V: 5 days - story only

CW: never finished it on the DS, just f*cked around. 

Dollarhide
  • Dollarhide

Original Pimp

• Members

Posted 2 days ago

GTA3 - 3 months

Vice City - 3 months

San Anreas - one year.

Liberty City Stories -1 month

Vice Vity Stories - 1 month

GTAIV - 3 months

Lost an amne - 2 months

Balla of gay tony - 2 months

GTAV - 3 months

Arrow
  • Arrow

Homie

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted A day ago

III: 3 days, roughly. It was fun.
VC: 7 to 10 days. Was stuck at the RC Missions.
SA: Two months or so. Was lazy to regularly play it even.
LCS: Over a week. It was a terrible experience playing it on a Droid.
VCS: Yet to play.
IV & EFLC: 4 months. Took pauses in between.
V: 3 days on SP, PS3
CW: Yet to finish. Sitting at 31%.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users