Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTAO on the PS Vita: is remote play functional?

32 replies to this topic

Poll: How is GTAO while using remote play on PS Vita? (24 member(s) have cast votes)

How is your experience using remote play for GTAO on PS VITA?

1. It is great! (2 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

2. Plays okay, some lag but overall stable (7 votes [29.17%])

Percentage of vote: 29.17%

3. Terrible, constant lag out or unable to connect online. (1 votes [4.17%])

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

4. I have never tried it or don't have PS Vita (13 votes [54.17%])

Percentage of vote: 54.17%

5. Other (1 votes [4.17%])

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote
purevil101
  • purevil101

Playa

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted A day ago

Good God.   The "Tiny little screen" will not effect your eye sight unless you strap it to your forehead and stare at it for 10 hours.   Like VR, 3D, LCD, Plasma, Tube Tv's it is advised to take a break every 30 mins or so to rest the eyes and brain.

As for remote play it's ok, not great as you are forced to play at a lower resolution than the ps4.  Also the games can chop up at times.   The Vita comes into its own when used without a ps4, you basically have a portable ps3. AAA software is limited but the Vita beats all other handhelds to a pulp, including the switch (imo).

I bought my Vita 2 years ago for 80.   I suggest you look around for deals otherwise you will end up paying 200+.

• WanderingDrifterDoomin likes this

WanderingDrifterDoomin
  • WanderingDrifterDoomin

DOOM FTW Crew Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago Edited by WanderingDrifterDoomin, A day ago.

I am considering getting a imported baby blue PS Vita from Japan

Did you know the Japanese import model has the X and Circle buttons switched around?
Something to think about before you buy one, personally i would get a non-import.
Now when you buy a memory card for it you should look at the Japanese import 128gb card.
Thank you I looked into it and it seems to be true functionality wise. I.e the O buttone confirma and X backs out but this is specific to the console commands for the xmb. Game configuration is seperate i think/hope.

I mostly got a import because of the color and because any american ps vita brand new was selling for $50 more. Figured id be saving money and get a sweet blue ps vita.
  • Amy Vinewood likes this

WanderingDrifterDoomin
  • WanderingDrifterDoomin

DOOM FTW Crew Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

Good God.   The "Tiny little screen" will not effect your eye sight unless you strap it to your forehead and stare at it for 10 hours.   Like VR, 3D, LCD, Plasma, Tube Tv's it is advised to take a break every 30 mins or so to rest the eyes and brain.

As for remote play it's ok, not great as you are forced to play at a lower resolution than the ps4.  Also the games can chop up at times.   The Vita comes into its own when used without a ps4, you basically have a portable ps3. AAA software is limited but the Vita beats all other handhelds to a pulp, including the switch (imo).

I bought my Vita 2 years ago for 80.   I suggest you look around for deals otherwise you will end up paying 200+.

Thanks I appreciate your comment. I decided to buy a blue ps vita import new for $200. All american black ps vita that were new were selling for $250 or higher. I even bought some games in case gtao is unplayable. Thanks everyone I think i will enjoy gtao or at least GtaV on my new japense blue ps vita comming tomorrow!

I'll post my own experience when it arrives and I took everyones comments into consideration.
  • Amy Vinewood likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users