Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTAO on the PS Vita: is remote play functional?

48 replies to this topic

Poll: How is GTAO while using remote play on PS Vita? (33 member(s) have cast votes)

How is your experience using remote play for GTAO on PS VITA?

1. It is great! (4 votes [12.12%])

Percentage of vote: 12.12%

2. Plays okay, some lag but overall stable (8 votes [24.24%])

Percentage of vote: 24.24%

3. Terrible, constant lag out or unable to connect online. (2 votes [6.06%])

Percentage of vote: 6.06%

4. I have never tried it or don't have PS Vita (18 votes [54.55%])

Percentage of vote: 54.55%

5. Other (1 votes [3.03%])

Percentage of vote: 3.03%

Vote Guests cannot vote
purevil101
  • purevil101

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:13 PM

Good God.   The "Tiny little screen" will not effect your eye sight unless you strap it to your forehead and stare at it for 10 hours.   Like VR, 3D, LCD, Plasma, Tube Tv's it is advised to take a break every 30 mins or so to rest the eyes and brain.

As for remote play it's ok, not great as you are forced to play at a lower resolution than the ps4.  Also the games can chop up at times.   The Vita comes into its own when used without a ps4, you basically have a portable ps3. AAA software is limited but the Vita beats all other handhelds to a pulp, including the switch (imo).

I bought my Vita 2 years ago for 80.   I suggest you look around for deals otherwise you will end up paying 200+.

• WanderingDrifterDoomin likes this

WanderingDrifterDoomin
  • WanderingDrifterDoomin

[DOOM_FTW ]

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:34 PM Edited by WanderingDrifterDoomin, 21 March 2017 - 10:50 PM.

I am considering getting a imported baby blue PS Vita from Japan

Did you know the Japanese import model has the X and Circle buttons switched around?
Something to think about before you buy one, personally i would get a non-import.
Now when you buy a memory card for it you should look at the Japanese import 128gb card.
Thank you I looked into it and it seems to be true functionality wise. I.e the O buttone confirma and X backs out but this is specific to the console commands for the xmb. Game configuration is seperate i think/hope.

I mostly got a import because of the color and because any american ps vita brand new was selling for $50 more. Figured id be saving money and get a sweet blue ps vita.
  • Amy Vinewood likes this

WanderingDrifterDoomin
  • WanderingDrifterDoomin

[DOOM_FTW ]

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:40 PM

Good God.   The "Tiny little screen" will not effect your eye sight unless you strap it to your forehead and stare at it for 10 hours.   Like VR, 3D, LCD, Plasma, Tube Tv's it is advised to take a break every 30 mins or so to rest the eyes and brain.

As for remote play it's ok, not great as you are forced to play at a lower resolution than the ps4.  Also the games can chop up at times.   The Vita comes into its own when used without a ps4, you basically have a portable ps3. AAA software is limited but the Vita beats all other handhelds to a pulp, including the switch (imo).

I bought my Vita 2 years ago for 80.   I suggest you look around for deals otherwise you will end up paying 200+.

Thanks I appreciate your comment. I decided to buy a blue ps vita import new for $200. All american black ps vita that were new were selling for $250 or higher. I even bought some games in case gtao is unplayable. Thanks everyone I think i will enjoy gtao or at least GtaV on my new japense blue ps vita comming tomorrow!

I'll post my own experience when it arrives and I took everyones comments into consideration.

WanderingDrifterDoomin
  • WanderingDrifterDoomin

[DOOM_FTW ]

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:53 PM Edited by WanderingDrifterDoomin, 27 March 2017 - 12:46 PM.

anwtb1a.jpg

sKKH1q1.jpg

rMUOCC0.jpg

QRAD78G.jpg

4xQTrHU.jpg

So After connecting my PS Vita to my Ps4 and doing remote play with GTAO....it was great!

Honestly I had no lag, no hiccups, I was playing and running CEO jobs and had zero issues at all. It was literally like I was playing on my Ps4 but simply on a smaller screen. Also there was no noticeable framerate, honestly it looked like a more detailed version of the Ps3 version of GTAO being played in the PS vita. The PS Vita screen was beautiful but when in remote play the resolution is down scaled.

My only criticism (and this is me being picky) the text in the cellphone or menu texts (like the pop up screen when new updates come out) are small and kinda hard to read. And the controls can be hard tro get used too. the PS4 touchpad is touching the PS Vita screen. The pitta two back panels are used as L2 and R2 button respectively and the corner of the PS vita screen are used as the L3 and R3 (pushing in along stick). It can take time to get used to but you can change the button lay out to a more comfortable set up but after 30 minutes I was taking on the Los Santos police, enemy NPCs and some random players who attacked me.

Overall I would say playing GTAO on the PS Vita is 9/10 and great experience overall.

And a side note, this handheld is great I fell in love with it over my 3ds and even bought some games for it. The category of Japan imports are fun and unexpected!

Edit: All PS Vitas are region free, you can buy a import PS Vita (which have more colors and cheaper) and play/connect with your PS4 just fine. Any region PS vita will play any PS Vita game regardless of region. I recommended getting an import if you want to get a PS Vita.

• Nacho Z, Nonstopmaximum, Dream-_-Traveler and 2 others like this

ALifeOfMisery
  • ALifeOfMisery

I see dead people...real ones....often.

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:11 PM

Sorry for the noob question. How functional is remote play when away from home? Basically how does it work?

I work away a lot, sometimes out of the country, but on the occasions I have good wifi access would it be at all worthwhile?

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:21 PM

Sorry for the noob question. How functional is remote play when away from home? Basically how does it work?

I work away a lot, sometimes out of the country, but on the occasions I have good wifi access would it be at all worthwhile?

There's noticeable latency over the internet.  You can't really use it for games like GTA where you need to act fast, unless you're in passive and just shopping or other harmless stuff.

• WanderingDrifterDoomin and ALifeOfMisery like this

ALifeOfMisery
  • ALifeOfMisery

I see dead people...real ones....often.

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:45 PM

There's noticeable latency over the internet.  You can't really use it for games like GTA where you need to act fast, unless you're in passive and just shopping or other harmless stuff.

The basic plan was to use it for very basic stuff, buy biker supplies, rubber band it while I'm actually doing work and come back to some one vehicle sales. Does that sound feasible?

Sorry again, but say I'm out of the country, like I will be next week, I could just access online from the vita while my PS4 is turned off at home?

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:54 PM

The basic plan was to use it for very basic stuff, buy biker supplies, rubber band it while I'm actually doing work and come back to some one vehicle sales. Does that sound feasible?

Sorry again, but say I'm out of the country, like I will be next week, I could just access online from the vita while my PS4 is turned off at home?

It would be absolutely fine for that.  The lag is just an issue if you're doing something competitive.

You need to set up the link between the Vita and PS4 before you go away, and then you also need to leave the PS4 in rest mode, rather than turned off.  That will allow the Vita to wake it up and connect.  Here's a link to help set it up (it's dead easy)...

http://www.pushsquar...ita_remote_play

WanderingDrifterDoomin
  • WanderingDrifterDoomin

[DOOM_FTW ]

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:50 PM Edited by WanderingDrifterDoomin, 26 March 2017 - 06:54 PM.

Late to comment but Furry monkey covered all the points to your question.

I play my PS vita in the same house so I connected directly to my PS4 and it was lag free for me (and I was in mostly empty lobbies, no more then 16), but expect lag/connections issues if you connect to the internet and then to your Ps4. As long as your Ps4 is on or rest mode (with network features on) and I think you have to pre connect to your Ps4 so the Vita can recognize it (correct me if im wrong) then you should be able to log on to your ps4 and get on GTAO to free roam, buy stuff, customize stuff but dont expect stable connections in large lobbies or jobs or alot of NPCS and explosions occurring simultaneously as it may crash and kick you offline.

N R G
  • N R G

y@$ kw33n

• Members
  • Qatar

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:00 PM

who?

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

S.T.A.R.S Unit/The Dear R* Girl

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:20 PM Edited by RedDagger, 27 March 2017 - 06:18 PM.

-images-

So After connecting my PS Vita to my Ps4 and doing remote play with GTAO....it was great!

Honestly I had no lag, no hiccups, I was playing and running CEO jobs and had zero issues at all. It was literally like I was playing on my Ps4 but simply on a smaller screen. Also there was no noticeable framerate, honestly it looked like a more detailed version of the Ps3 version of GTAO being played in the PS vita. The PS Vita screen was beautiful but when in remote play the resolution is down scaled.

My only criticism (and this is me being picky) the text in the cellphone or menu texts (like the pop up screen when new updates come out) are small and kinda hard to read. And the controls can be hard tro get used too. the PS4 touchpad is touching the PS Vita screen. The pitta two back panels are used as L2 and R2 button respectively and the corner of the PS vita screen are used as the L3 and R3 (pushing in along stick). It can take time to get used to but you can change the button lay out to a more comfortable set up but after 30 minutes I was taking on the Los Santos police, enemy NPCs and some random players who attacked me.

Overall I would say playing GTAO on the PS Vita is 9/10 and great experience overall.

And a side note, this handheld is great I fell in love with it over my 3ds and even bought some games for it. The category of Japan imports are fun and unexpected...there is a game where teenage, girl "shinobi" wear bikinis and fight each other lol and the dialogue is insanely inappropriate and funnt, I love it.

Edit: All PS Vitas are region free, you can buy a import PS Vita (which have more colors and cheaper) and play/connect with your PS4 just fine. Any region PS vita will play any PS Vita game regardless of region. I recommended getting an import if you want to get a PS Vita.

Cute vita.

Is it oled or the first gen screens? Those are the best but battery suffers.
  • ClaudeSpeed1911 and WanderingDrifterDoomin like this

its no tv sketch
  • its no tv sketch

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:32 PM

I'd get the adapter which connects the vita to ds4 and do the account trick for pairing them. But I have 2 tv's in the living room.

WanderingDrifterDoomin
  • WanderingDrifterDoomin

[DOOM_FTW ]

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:49 PM Edited by RedDagger, 27 March 2017 - 06:18 PM.

-snip-

Cute vita.

Is it oled or the first gen screens? Those are the best but battery suffers.

Thank you I love this baby blue vita!

It's the PS Vita 2000. The PS Vita "Slim" with the LED Screen and longer battery life but this one came from Japan, if that has any difference I dunno.

Personally I compared a buddy's OED screen and I think it just looks brighter (like it has a better resolution) but honestly I had to be really concentrating and LOOKING for a difference in quality to find one.

At first glance and after playing for 10 minutes they are more or less the same quality, LED still looks great IMO and that battery life makes it preferable when using remote play or longer gaming sessions
  • ClaudeSpeed1911, Amy Vinewood and Happy Hunter like this

Striker_Blitz
  • Striker_Blitz

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:00 PM Edited by Striker_Blitz, 27 March 2017 - 06:03 PM.

Quick tip. Wouldn't it be easier to get other TV for you? They are not that expensive these days

If you just want it to play GTA i mean

WanderingDrifterDoomin
  • WanderingDrifterDoomin

[DOOM_FTW ]

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:05 PM Edited by WanderingDrifterDoomin, 27 March 2017 - 11:15 PM.

Quick tip. Wouldn't it be easier to get other TV for you? They are not that expensive these days

If you just want it to play GTA i mean

I don't have room for another Tv and another tv would actually be more expensive and time consuming moving my ps4 around.

With my vita i just go to remote play whenever my gf wants to watch tv now.

And I'm really enjoying playing gtao even in the bathroom lol no more bathroom breaks. Love the mobility

Amy Vinewood
  • Amy Vinewood

You don't just turn off the 80's

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTAO]

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:28 PM Edited by Amy Vinewood, 27 March 2017 - 07:49 PM.

Wouldn't it be easier to get other TV for you? They are not that expensive these days

Neither is a Vita, around $200

I never see it act as bad as you describe, in fact I have been in many public sessions that was worse than a normal one doing remote play.
To say you cant really use it for games like GTA is completely wrong, in my experience if you have decent internet at the Vita and your console its just fine, no latency.
There is also quality setting setting in the Vita's remote play settings, standard/high and a resolution setting. Maybe some people need to read the instructions.
  • WanderingDrifterDoomin, ALifeOfMisery and Happy Hunter like this

WanderingDrifterDoomin
  • WanderingDrifterDoomin

[DOOM_FTW ]

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:23 PM

Amy vineland is correct. You can edit the remote play settings to imrpove frame rate and connection stability.

I can't stress enough how good GTAO plays. For anyone considering the vita to play gta5 using remote play it is a solid option! I have had few issues to none playing GTAO as well.

Imo it's cheaper to purchase a vita and do remote play then buy another tv or another console and game if anyone was in a situation like mine where the tv was being shared.
  • -LN-, Amy Vinewood and Happy Hunter like this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 March 2017 - 11:31 AM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 28 March 2017 - 11:32 AM.

I never see it act as bad as you describe, in fact I have been in many public sessions that was worse than a normal one doing remote play.
To say you cant really use it for games like GTA is completely wrong, in my experience if you have decent internet at the Vita and your console its just fine, no latency.
There is also quality setting setting in the Vita's remote play settings, standard/high and a resolution setting. Maybe some people need to read the instructions.

Sorry, but that's simply not true.  I'm in no way suggesting it's bad to play but it's a fact that someone sat in front of a console at home will see what happens before a remote Vita player does, regardless of the internet connections at either end.  It's physically impossible for you to see what they see, at the same time.  Then you have to react and that too is also delayed, as your reaction has to travel across the internet and to your console.  If you're saying that those factors do not slow down your game-play then you're being dishonest.

Like I said, I'm not saying it's bad but don't tell someone it's perfect when it's not.  Just be honest, like I was (and am being).

Amy Vinewood
  • Amy Vinewood

You don't just turn off the 80's

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTAO]

Posted 28 March 2017 - 11:41 AM Edited by Amy Vinewood, 28 March 2017 - 11:51 AM.

Just be honest, like I was (and am being).

Yeah, I am being honest, and do not appreciate being called a liar.
You sound like your attempting to describe the ocean when you have never seen it.

I use my vita extensively, do you?
  • Happy Hunter likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users