Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTAO on the PS Vita: is remote play functional?

48 replies to this topic

Poll: How is GTAO while using remote play on PS Vita? (32 member(s) have cast votes)

How is your experience using remote play for GTAO on PS VITA?

1. It is great! (4 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

2. Plays okay, some lag but overall stable (8 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. Terrible, constant lag out or unable to connect online. (2 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

4. I have never tried it or don't have PS Vita (17 votes [53.12%])

Percentage of vote: 53.12%

5. Other (1 votes [3.12%])

Percentage of vote: 3.12%

Vote Guests cannot vote
WanderingDrifterDoomin
  • WanderingDrifterDoomin

DOOM FTW Crew Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by WanderingDrifterDoomin, A week ago.

I wanted to ask if anyone has tried playing GtaO on the PS Vita through remote play through their PS4; if you have can you tell me how your overall experience was or vote in the poll.

I am considering getting a imported baby blue PS Vita from Japan because my gf hogs the Tv's on the weekend and takes my only opportunity to really play GTAO. So I would really appreciate any feedback from remote play users using the Ps Vita. I will even take overall remote play experience besides GTAO. If the remote play experience is more or less the same as the Ps4 then I am sold and will buy that baby blue Ps Vita asap so I can play while she watches her shows.

Thanks in advance.

61vuGUVp46L._SX522_.jpgImage228-585x300.jpg?resize=585%2C300

cask_rhino
  • cask_rhino

Divine Despot

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

I bought one a year ago and I can confirm it works fine in our house, can even use it in the garden too. The only problem I've had is trying to use remote play anywhere other than my house, ie at a friends, work, wherever.
  • WanderingDrifterDoomin likes this

CJPNE
  • CJPNE

Special T-shirt enthusiast

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago

It's been a while since I did it but it worked pretty well. Definitely playable.

cask_rhino
  • cask_rhino

Divine Despot

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Oh, and it can be a bit awkward to use at first, the L1/R1 triggers are on the touchpad thing at the back of the vita so you have to learn to adjust for them and it makes flying aircraft a major pain in the ass. Also the L3/R3 controls are on the touchscreen at the front so it's the same again
  • Amy Vinewood and WanderingDrifterDoomin like this

kenmy13999
  • kenmy13999

Hustler

• Members
  • Norway

Posted A week ago Edited by kenmy13999, A week ago.

If you have a decent laptop you can use that instead of a vita for remote play. Worked when I tried but my laptop is old so it would work better with a better laptop

Nacho Z
  • Nacho Z

Big Homie

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago

Oh, and it can be a bit awkward to use at first, the L1/R1 triggers are on the touchpad thing at the back of the vita so you have to learn to adjust for them and it makes flying aircraft a major pain in the ass. Also the L3/R3 controls are on the touchscreen at the front so it's the same again

Yeah it is awkward but doable, I remember playing a few Base Invaders because all you have to do is hover there really, I think anything more demanding like flying a jet might be a bit much for me. If only the bloody Vita had all the same buttons as the controller does, the touch pads as workarounds are rubbish.

WanderingDrifterDoomin
  • WanderingDrifterDoomin

DOOM FTW Crew Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Yeah it is awkward but doable, I remember playing a few Base Invaders because all you have to do is hover there really, I think anything more demanding like flying a jet might be a bit much for me. If only the bloody Vita had all the same buttons as the controller does, the touch pads as workarounds are rubbish.

Did you notice any frame rate drop or lag when alot of activity was going on like 5 star wanted level or the lobby being at war with itself and countless jets, hydras and explosions? 

cask_rhino
  • cask_rhino

Divine Despot

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

For me it works perfect with no loss of frame rate, but that's at home where it connects with Bluetooth, over a wifi connection it can be a bit buggy and especially away from home. Hope that helps

Fozzie
  • Fozzie

Rather be forgotten than remembered for giving in

• Van Society
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

Why don't you buy another TV instead of a sh*tty little Vita?
  • deadx23 and whywontyoulisten like this

Nacho Z
  • Nacho Z

Big Homie

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago

Did you notice any frame rate drop or lag when alot of activity was going on like 5 star wanted level or the lobby being at war with itself and countless jets, hydras and explosions? 

It was a while ago and I was playing remotely from another part of the country but I remember it being pretty solid considering. The main issue with being in a busy session would be bumbling around with the controls all messed up.

WanderingDrifterDoomin
  • WanderingDrifterDoomin

DOOM FTW Crew Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

For me it works perfect with no loss of frame rate, but that's at home where it connects with Bluetooth, over a wifi connection it can be a bit buggy and especially away from home. Hope that helps

It does thank you. I plan on mostly using it at home when my Gf hogs the Tv in my room from me and then I will just the Ps Vita for remote play.

Don't have room for another TV in my home, plus I really just want to be able play my Ps4 while my Gf watches the TV in my room. And to be honest I own a 3DS with games and accessories but I will be trading it in or selling it in exchange for the Ps Vita as I honestly want it as well.

Ideally if I had room in my own room I would buy myself a little cheap $100-$200 hd tv and get myself a Ps TV thing that remote plays from the Ps4 and plays Vita games but that is not possible for me at the moment. And maybe then I would still want to get a PS Vita to have a handheld games full of free PSN plus games and to remote play my Ps4.

brose_sfr
  • brose_sfr

brozilla

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

the controls are a little awkward because of the rear touch pad, but I've had a good time using the vita + PS4 controller for my alt account.

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

S.T.A.R.S Unit/The Dear R* Girl

• Members
  • Japan

Posted A week ago

Why are you questioning his buying choices smh fozzie.
Let him buy what he wants.
  • WanderingDrifterDoomin and Shakenbake3778 like this

hei3enberg
  • hei3enberg

old timer

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

OP, stay away from it for health reasons, believe me. I work in research management and I'm looking at screens for more than 10 hour a day and I can assure you how damaging it is to your eyes. Playing on a tiny screen, close to your face will f*ck up your eyes. It's not about console/PC wars or TV size contest, just save your vision, mate, play on a big screen with a nice refresh rate at safe distance. 

P.S. I'm aware that you may stay safe playing under the time limit, but it's not worth it IMO. 

• Fozzie, Khephera_87_GER, WanderingDrifterDoomin and 1 other like this

WanderingDrifterDoomin
  • WanderingDrifterDoomin

DOOM FTW Crew Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

OP, stay away from it for health reasons, believe me. I work in research management and I'm looking at screens for more than 10 hour a day and I can assure you how damaging it is to your eyes. Playing on a tiny screen, close to your face will f*ck up your eyes. It's not about console/PC wars or TV size contest, just save your vision, mate, play on a big screen with a nice refresh rate at safe distance. 
P.S. I'm aware that you may stay safe playing under the time limit, but it's not worth it IMO. 

Thank you I will definitely take that into consideration. I work in a similar field so I'm stareing at screens and data all day.

If I play in a well lit room and for small intervals of time with frequent breaks I should be fine yeah?

Now that you mention it that's partly why I'm looking to trade my 3ds for a vita, Bigger screen should reduce head aces
  • Amy Vinewood and Khephera_87_GER like this

Fozzie
  • Fozzie

Rather be forgotten than remembered for giving in

• Van Society
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

Same reason hei3enberg said..
Tiny little screen will f*ck your eyes up, I'd rather drop $400-500 on a new TV and tell the GF to piss off than buy a tiny Vita for 250-300.
Plus he wants to get a Japanese one, it'll probably cause earthquakes and nuclear meltdowns
  • CarimboHanky and Khephera_87_GER like this

Nacho Z
  • Nacho Z

Big Homie

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago

Nowt wrong with the Vita's screen, it's beautiful quality and huge for a handheld. It has its problems but the screen isn't one.
  • Amy Vinewood, WanderingDrifterDoomin and Happy Hunter like this

CaptainMarvel
  • CaptainMarvel

MSpaintophiliac

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Tiny little screen will f*ck your eyes up, I'd rather drop $400-500 on a new TV and tell the GF to piss off than buy a tiny Vita for 250-300.
Plus he wants to get a Japanese one, it'll probably cause earthquakes and nuclear meltdowns

Wtf is going on in this response?

It's got a little bit of misogyny and racial stereotyping and economic bias. Breathtaking even for these forums.
  • Furry_Monkey and Dream-_-Traveler like this

MeatSafeMurderer
  • MeatSafeMurderer

Itchy. Tasty.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Not tried remote play itself...but I tried streaming GTA to the Vita via Nvidia GameStream. Input latency was minimal but a tad high for my liking. The Vita's OLED screen is stunning and games look right at home on it. Controls are...how you'd expect.
  • CaptainMarvel and WanderingDrifterDoomin like this

Nonstopmaximum
  • Nonstopmaximum

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

It works fine if you have a good internet connection but the strange controls are keeping me away from playing it on a regular basis.

Ker Juice
  • Ker Juice

Rated R

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Soley for remote GTO play- buy a monitor for the same price of the PSP Vita...I see reports/comments on Youtube of the Vita being dead, all the time. Now if you are confident you will make good use of its functionality and library of games, then go for it.

Amy Vinewood
  • Amy Vinewood

Now 30% More Sparkly

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTAO]

Posted A week ago

Nowt wrong with the Vita's screen, it's beautiful quality and huge for a handheld. It has its problems but the screen isn't one.

This exactly. The Vita's screen is beautiful.

And to answer op's question it works just fine with GTA, with the exception of the back touchpad being your L1 & R1 buttons. Once you get used to it, it's easy.
And no lag that I can see, in my home network.
  • Nacho Z, WanderingDrifterDoomin and Happy Hunter like this

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

S.T.A.R.S Unit/The Dear R* Girl

• Members
  • Japan

Posted A week ago

not cool too far

• Furry_Monkey likes this

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

ROAD TO 100K Player Kills 24K TO GO!

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted A week ago

i dont own a vita but i have used the remote play using my macbook and its good, if you got access to decent internet it would work just fine, very little to no lag or input lag from my experience.

Dream-_-Traveler
  • Dream-_-Traveler

Thanks4TheMemoriesGTAIV <3 ILY ALL.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Only game i used it for was fallout 4. Pretty smooth experience so it's a go to for when my daughter is sleeping during the early hours.

CuteFaceJay
  • CuteFaceJay

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

I've been streaming GTA to my phone while I've been away from home.

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Huntèr civil rights activist

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted A week ago Edited by Happy Hunter, A week ago.

A Japanese made one is probably going to be better quality than an American made one actually. An "American" one isn't actually going to be made in America lol - it'll just be in some Chinese factory where they're paid barely anything. The Japanese one - I kind of doubt they have them made there, thanks to their history with China.

Spoiler

• Khephera_87_GER and WanderingDrifterDoomin like this

em1b16a2
  • em1b16a2

Post Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

500 dollars on a tv nowadays lmao you people are crazy! You can get a 40 inch tv for 180 bucks.

normanself
  • normanself

A Happy Jehovah

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Not a PSVita but.... When I moved house in October, the new place didn't have Internet but my old place did. We had moved the telly already so had to resort to playing on my Z3 compact phone.

With a ds4 connected via Bluetooth it worked remarkably well considering.

This video was made solely with remote play to my phone, using nothing but the touch screen controls. Challenging but not impossible.

Amy Vinewood
  • Amy Vinewood

Now 30% More Sparkly

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTAO]

Posted A week ago

I am considering getting a imported baby blue PS Vita from Japan

Did you know the Japanese import model has the X and Circle buttons switched around?
Something to think about before you buy one, personally i would get a non-import.
Now when you buy a memory card for it you should look at the Japanese import 128gb card.
  • WanderingDrifterDoomin and Happy Hunter like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users