21 replies to this topic
Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:04 AM

I was thinking about this after the return of Samurai Jack on [adult swim] and the announcement of Young Justice Season 3, possibly on Netflix. What shows would you like to see come back from the dead, and perhaps made better than ever?

In keeping with the animation theme, I would like Teen Titans to come back, preferably on Netflix with full creative control allowing for darker content (but obviously not to an extreme extent, just enough that it feels like it's grown up with its audience and will allow them to explore different stories not held back by censorship). Also, no, I am not counting Teen Titans Go! because that show is an overexposed disgraced to the original, and it wasn't even made by the original creators. If Teen Titans could still be considered alive, it's a walking corpse. I'm talking about a continuation of the original show, not a black comedy series that fails at being funny.

I've also been waiting for Highschool of the Dead Season 2 forever now. Apparently it's been greenlit, but they can't make it until Daisuke Sato makes more content. Sadly, there hasn't been a single new chapter in four years (and that was coming off a two year hiatus, so basically one chapter in six years). I wish they could just continue the anime without the writer at this point, because he's clearly not doing anything and yet refuses to simply announce that the series is over. If Daisuke Sato would be willing to pull a George Lucas and pass the torch to other talented writers, and give the series to Netflix, that would be a dream come true.

What about you guys, what shows that got unfairly axed would you like to see come back to life?

• Femme Fatale and Ivan1997GTA like this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:21 AM

I agree with you on Teen Titans, that show was the sh*t. Teen Titans Go! is just plain sh*t.

I'd love to see another revival of Celebrity Deathmatch, the first attempt sucked. The first season(of the revival) was okay, but the second season was just awful. Poorly written, and some of the fatalities were just laughable.(Killed by paparazzi flashes? Really?) It was going to be rebooted, but it was canceled. :/
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

Kaniel Outis
  • Kaniel Outis

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:43 AM

Prison Break is getting renewed after all. Always wanted to see it back. Apart from Dallas, Buffy and Mob City would make great shows for being revived.

Ivan1997GTA
  • Ivan1997GTA

Proud to Be Loud

• Facade Corporation
  • Russia

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:45 AM Edited by Ivan1997GTA, 22 March 2017 - 11:54 AM.

I obviously agree on Teen Titans, that was an amazing show, way better than Teen Titans Go! (if only Cartoon Network would stop airing that show every day...)

I would like for Danny Phantom to make a return, it got unfair treatment from Nickelodeon around 2006, when the third season started to air, which wasn't as good as the first two (didn't help that one of the main writers, Steve Marmel, got fired from Nickelodeon, and then he moved on be a producer on Family Guy, amongst other things), and the finale "Phantom Planet" was very dissapointing. The show was recently featured in a crossover promo for Bunsen is a Beast, another Nicktoon made by Butch Hartman (as if three shows weren't enough already), so why not give Danny Phantom another season or a few movies, probably on Netflix with full creative control allowing for darker content (but obviously not to an extreme extent, just enough that it feels like it's grown up with its audience and will allow them to explore different stories not held back by censorship), giving it a TV-14 rating? Perhaps even an episode where Danny and others go to an alternate future (obviously inspired by Butch Hartman's video where he drew the main cast of Danny Phantom if they were 10 years older), and the finale should feature Danny fighting against Dark Danny. Or maybe revive the show in comic book form (not unlike Invader Zim).

Presidential
  • Presidential

lol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:39 PM

Back when it was on, I got into Kyle XY. Not the best show, I admit but I'd still like to at least see what was going to happen. It just left me hanging. Can't stand it.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:45 PM Edited by The Yokel, 20 March 2017 - 09:46 PM.

It's too late now but I've always been bummed that Deadwood, Carnival and Farscape were canceled. At least we might be getting a Deadwood movie in the near future. And it would be nice to see another show based on Farscape. That world has so much to offer and sci-fi is in right now.

• Mister Pink likes this

Mukkus
  • Mukkus

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2017 - 12:45 AM

Firefly 

Sliders

Brisco County Jr

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2017 - 12:51 AM

showposter.jpg?v=525891cb
  • Mister Pink and Ivan1997GTA like this

Mukkus
  • Mukkus

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:13 AM

I've been meaning to check that out

• Payne Killer likes this

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:43 AM Edited by CrysisAverted, 22 March 2017 - 10:44 AM.

Southland

damn show was comfy as f*ck

NEzDr9FC7SBRDB_1_b.jpg

f*cking cliffhanger season finale and its gets canceled 

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

FN

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:36 PM Edited by Sir Michael, 22 March 2017 - 07:37 PM.

Wildboyz. That show was great, it was pretty informative for how f*cking hilarious it was. I haven't gotten a good laugh out of a TV show ever since.

I actually did a presentation on this animal in high school... It was so hard trying to keep a straight face:

Natasha
  • Natasha

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:39 PM

It's not announced as being finished but it damn near is. I really hope BBC continue Sherlock!

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Threadbare tapestry unwinding slow

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:44 AM

This so much.
  • Kiffster, Mukkus and Natasha like this

Natasha
  • Natasha

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:24 AM

This so much.

I remember watching this haha.
  • Tacymist likes this

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:32 AM

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
That was the difinitive Marvel show.

It was the best Avengers show of all time.
Disney then cancelled it to replace it with Avengers Assemble, the worst Avengers show of all time.

(I know there's only like 3 total. But the former was fantastic while the latter is pure garbage).
  • Payne Killer and Ivan1997GTA like this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:13 AM Edited by Zello, 24 March 2017 - 06:24 AM.

Mission Hill that show was funny It's a shame it only had like 13 episodes before it ended up getting cancelled. I wonder if it could still work today though because a lot of it relied on being set in the 90's.

Code Monkeys I loved that show too much. Probably the last good show on G4 before that network went to sh*t when they didn't renew it for a third season gee I wonder why G4 isn't around anymore.

Teen Titans I've come to accepting how the show ended. But I just want one more season of that show so we can all forget about Teen Tians go.

• CrysisAverted and Ivan1997GTA like this

Donatello
  • Donatello

Anyone for stickball? I've got a stick. You be the ball.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:55 AM Edited by Donatello, 31 March 2017 - 10:32 AM.

TMNT 2003.

Everything about this show was perfection from the animation to the action to the music to the humour.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:53 PM

dinosaurs

God that's my childhood right there. One of my favourites as a kid

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

here is wondering how long a member title actually could be

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 24 April 2017 - 03:51 AM

Though this ain't gonna happen in a million years, i would like more of this show:

f*cking delicious pipe dream though....

• Ivan1997GTA and Kaniel Outis like this

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:53 AM

I'm just gutted it never got a proper finale. I hate it when shows just kind of...*end* with a whimper.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

here is wondering how long a member title actually could be

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:45 AM Edited by Darth Absentis, 24 April 2017 - 11:53 AM.

I'm just gutted it never got a proper finale. I hate it when shows just kind of...*end* with a whimper.

Well it went further into the nbtas and batman beyond and justice league tv shows in a way.

But the amazing quality of the animation style and the stories...i just would love more of it.
Heart of ice...best animated episode ever.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:46 PM Edited by Matrelith, 24 April 2017 - 01:47 PM.

betteroffted.jpg

This show was something else.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users