Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which storyline moment is most unrealistic?

33 replies to this topic
Domand
  • Domand

Its Wanting That gets So Many Folks In Trouble

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:14 AM Edited by Domand, 20 March 2017 - 07:13 PM.

What do you feel like is the most unrealistic moment in the storyline during GTA IV? 

I love Three Leaf Clover but its sorta unrealistic. Now I can see Niko who fought in a war to survive this. Derrick fought in the Troubles which I think was some type of war in Ireland not sure though and he even says he hasn't seen combat like this since the troubles or says its like being back in the troubles. 

But Packie is a street gangster so how he survive this?  Besides the war reason, non of them have armor and non of them got hit or injured so yeah kinda unrealistic in a sense but still epic.

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:46 AM Edited by Achlys, 20 March 2017 - 05:46 AM.

Aren't you going to answer your own question?

Three Leaf Clover. Surviving a huge shootout with a sh*tload of cops? Get outta here.
  • Jeansowaty, Scaglietti, ProKiller93 and 2 others like this

Nenad Grujic
  • Nenad Grujic

Nenad

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:28 PM

Aren't you going to answer your own question?

Three Leaf Clover. Surviving a huge shootout with a sh*tload of cops? Get outta here.

Yea mission with too many enemies. Like that bank robbery..

Donatello
  • Donatello

Anyone for stickball? I've got a stick. You be the ball.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:35 PM Edited by Seventh Star, 20 March 2017 - 01:36 PM.

The Snow Storm. Elizabeta sends Niko to retrieve the cocaine without even telling him where to find it, yet somehow Niko knows it's in Colony Island.
  • Plank., theGTAking101, Jeansowaty and 1 other like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:05 PM

I think the only one that's highly unrealistic - I mean there are a lot of unrealistic moments it's a game - but it has to be Three Leaf Clover. The whole situation after the robbery is just not possible. But to be fair GTA V heists are just as unrealistic, they were inspired from this one lol.

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:27 PM

Truck Hustle, instead of Niko steal a car to chase the truck down and kill the driver, he has to do that budget action scene of climbing onto the truck by its rear.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:18 PM

Truck Hustle, instead of Niko steal a car to chase the truck down and kill the driver, he has to do that budget action scene of climbing onto the truck by its rear.

To be fair it was far more interesting than just another car chase. I love this part honestly. It was different even if it was a bit over the top.

• Saganist, The Deadite and Steezy. like this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:44 PM

To be fair it was far more interesting than just another car chase. I love this part honestly. It was different even if it was a bit over the top.

I agree, but it doesn't make much sense when you think about it.

eCola
  • eCola

Homie

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:54 PM

One of the phone calls that occur after One Last Thing. How does Roman know that Dimitri is on a boat in East Hook?

• theGTAking101, Jeansowaty, DimitriFaustin and 2 others like this

slimeball supreme
  • slimeball supreme

☭ rip sven ☭

• Members
  • GoSquared
  • Best Closet Furry 2016

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:05 AM Edited by Mr. Fartenhate, 21 March 2017 - 12:05 AM.

I've always wondered why Niko has no problem mentioning how he's killed people or been stealing drugs on the phone, especially to Roman. Wouldn't the calls be monitored and eventually lead to his arrest? If he was arrested for an extended period of time, wouldn't the phone records essentially be confessions to multiple assassinations?

I suppose maybe the ULP/IAA contact could be blocking investigation into his cases, but still.
  • theGTAking101, Jeansowaty, straightupmenace and 3 others like this

Niobium
  • Niobium

england is my city

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:36 AM

the ballad of gay tony in general is unrealistic, not that i'm complaining
  • Plank. likes this

HailHydra
  • HailHydra

Bank Robber, sometimes RnG

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:51 PM

The one where he kills mr Goldberg. He set a meeting and kill him, but he does that without any disguises, and use his freaking REAL name, and police still wouldn't be able to track him. I guess Francis did delete Niko's files, but still stupid nonetheless.
  • universetwisters, vnus_dmlo, theGTAking101 and 8 others like this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:06 PM

Little Jacob and Roman coming to the rescue of Niko in a helicopter, then Niko jumping off the sanchez into the helicopter. Unrealistic but awesome, if Brucie was there too it would have been complete. Like the A-Team but even better, Team Genetically Different ftw. Niko is the brains, Brucie the muscle, Roman the funny one, and Jacob is the stoner. I'd f*cking watch that show.
  • universetwisters, vnus_dmlo, theGTAking101 and 8 others like this

Steezy.
  • Steezy.

Dimension Shifter

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 April 2017 - 03:14 PM

Now that I think about it, a lot of the missions in this game were pretty unrealistic

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 05 April 2017 - 04:49 PM

Anything involving a car chase. Being in New York has me realize just how crowded and packed it's roads are, meaning that just about literally any car chase would be impossible unless you wanna sit in traffic for hours. Hell, chasing one another on foot would be more realistic than the thought that the city isn't busy enough to have a bunch of car chases on the daily.

>b-b-but my gameplay

Get lost with that argument. If you wanna recreate New York as accurate as it is and still not include its multiple traffic jams that the city is known for then you shouldn't be making video games that take place in New York
  • Piggsy pls, DimitriFaustin and Steezy. like this

NearExpansion
  • NearExpansion

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 April 2017 - 08:08 PM

Erm it's unrealistic - I've lost count how times I have slowed down time just by leaning on R3 :D

Luke Ferris
  • Luke Ferris

Player Hater

• Members
  • England

Posted 3 weeks ago

Undressed To Kill does not make sense, because Niko is welcomed back into that strip club afterwards.  Unrealistic. 

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

I don't have a problem with big shoot outs like three leaf clover.

For sure its not realistic in the strict sense of the word but then none of GTA is. You have have to accept a world where stupidly big heists and incredibly hard characters like Niko are possible.

What I found unrealistic was Niko being forced to kill either Derrick or Francis. It wasn't true to the character. I think he'd have stalled and got Gerry and Packie involved.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 3 weeks ago

Undressed To Kill does not make sense, because Niko is welcomed back into that strip club afterwards.  Unrealistic.

Nah. I think itd be more unrealistic if he wasnt because its hard to imagine many witnesses were left alive or at least to get a strong enough ID of Niko.

An advantage of Niko being a hired gun is he can stay under the radar. Hes not a well known criminal figure so he can perform acts like this and slip through the cracks.

But even just from a gameplay perspective itd be pretty annoying if the bouncers always got hostile basically wasting an interior. I think concessions can be made for suspension of disbelief from time to time. Its not like Nikos a gang member or something.
  • Steezy. likes this

The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

Joseph Stalin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

The execution of Billy is most unrealistic moment. It should be just opposite.

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 3 weeks ago

The way he's killed(gunshot to the head), or Johnny and the gang breaking into his prison to kill him?

ViceBoy69
  • ViceBoy69

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

They are supposed to be unrealistic, look at most movies, say DieHard for instance  smacking a car into a helicopter, not real life its a movie, so is GTA.

If GTA was realistic you would be dead within the first couple of missions

straightupmenace
  • straightupmenace

Homeboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

The way he's killed(gunshot to the head), or Johnny and the gang breaking into his prison to kill him?

probably this

why the f*ck did johnny and co unironically decide it was a good idea to break into a f*cking maximum security prison, that i'm pretty sure had a sh*t ton of security cameras all around, not wear anything to prevent themselves from being identified like a mask or some sh*t, then execute billy right in front of the cameras. how the f*ck is he not arrested at this point

of course TLAD doesn't get any critcism for this like TBOGT and V do because its "gritty and bikers are cool man!!! lol xd"

• theGTAking101 likes this

raebbitos
  • raebbitos

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

in russian revolution how dimitri and bulgarin are nowhere to be seen and as soon as you approach the exit they run out like f*cking partially handicapped people at the olympics right into the police, but STILL niko nor jacob even shoots towards them and they don't get stopped by the cops it's 3D era logic right there

raebbitos
  • raebbitos

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

probably this

why the f*ck did johnny and co unironically decide it was a good idea to break into a f*cking maximum security prison, that i'm pretty sure had a sh*t ton of security cameras all around, not wear anything to prevent themselves from being identified like a mask or some sh*t, then execute billy right in front of the cameras. how the f*ck is he not arrested at this point

of course TLAD doesn't get any critcism for this like TBOGT and V do because its "gritty and bikers are cool man!!! lol xd"

yeah well he does have stubbs who is a congressman ,so that maaaaay have a liiiiiittle influence on the incident.

Smegma
  • Smegma

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Three Leaf Cover for sure. That mission felt absolutely epic, but it was unrealistic as hell. Also the last story-mission - jumping with a bike off a ramp and hang on a helicopter... for sure.. ^^

Johnny Spaz
  • Johnny Spaz

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

TLAD when you kill a bunch of Lost members (Brian's faction) but there's still dozens in and around the clubhouse, you'd think there'd be a small group of TLMC after all that drama

Steezy.
  • Steezy.

Dimension Shifter

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Well actually, the guys running the club in this mission are gang members who took over the place once Dwayne got locked up. Once Niko clears it out however, Dwayne (I assume) takes it back over, which was why Niko did this in the first place.
  • Algonquin Assassin likes this

Luke Ferris
  • Luke Ferris

Player Hater

• Members
  • England

Posted 3 weeks ago

Niko leaping from a trail bike, up a ramp and on to a helicopter (in the finale) was a tad outrageous. Unrealistic, but fun, nevertheless. 

• The Deadite likes this

Zolika1351
  • Zolika1351

Ladies, hide your titties!

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 3 weeks ago

How after Uncle Vlad, Faustin finds out that it was Roman and Niko who killed Vlad, even if you kill everyone at the bar.

• theGTAking101 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users