Need the name of this old Game Boy Game

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic
NumaYay
  • NumaYay

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:41 PM Edited by NumaYay, 19 March 2017 - 06:47 PM.

Hey, I just remembered a game I played in my childhood on the old black&white gameboy. I can't remember the name at all.

Description:

- The game's setting is space/universe (I think).

- You play as a girl that wears some sort of armor/suit, can't really describe it in words.

- If you get hit by an enemy you lose the armor and continue playing as the girl

- The girl (black hair) only carries a normal gun and dies very quickly if you get shot/hit

- a special music plays when you lose your armor and play as the girl, the music sounds pretty "quick" and.. well.. can't describe it properly

When I remember more of the game I will write it down, maybe you can already help me.

Thanks! :)

• The7thOne likes this

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:14 PM

All I can find is dress-up games when you type in space girl.

What a sexist world we live in, as if all girls could do in space is play dress-up.

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Certified Crew 2016 [Van Society]
    GTAF Time Trials Most Improved Driver 2016
    Best Event 2015 [Van Society Meetups]

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:21 PM Edited by JuniorChubb, 20 March 2017 - 12:24 PM.

Could be Metroid 2 'Return of Samus'

I never played it but Samus Aran is a female character in 'armour' and it was available on Gameboy.

NumaYay
  • NumaYay

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:37 PM Edited by NumaYay, 20 March 2017 - 12:41 PM.

HOLY sh*t! I found it, I worked myself through the list of gameboy games and finally found it.

It is called "The Adventures of Star Saver"! Childhood memories and nostalgia incoming. That game was tough as hell and I was never able to beat it.

Thank you guys for your help, though! :)

You don't play the girl, you play a boy, that was my mistake. The short intro features a boy and a girl getting teleported and I falsely rememberd that I played the girl.

All I can find is dress-up games when you type in space girl.

What a sexist world we live in, as if all girls could do in space is play dress-up.

Haha that was my problem, too. :D

Topic can be closed now. Thanks again. :)

Craig
  • Craig

‹bergrunde

• None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:42 PM

Glad you found it. I forgot the name of a game I used to play at my grandparent's house about 20 years ago. It drove me nuts.

In future, try using this topic which has been specifically set up to help members find out more information from games they've since forgotten.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users