GTA IV nostalgia?

39 replies to this topic
Karls
  • Karls

w00p

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:04 AM

What makes your nostalgia go up and makes you wanna play GTA IV again?

For me it's just Broker and New Alderney. As soon as I think of those places I wanna play GTA IV so badly. That, and the soundtrack. Goddamn I love the soundtrack.

Brb reinstalling IV.

• Official General, theGTAking101, Jeansowaty and 3 others like this

slimeball supreme
  • slimeball supreme

off topic > writers discussion > red triangle

• Members
  • GoSquared
  • Best Closet Furry 2016

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:32 AM

whenever i think of a certain sexy japanese sedan ;)

Spoiler

Donatello
  • Donatello

Anyone for stickball? I've got a stick. You be the ball.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:46 AM Edited by Seventh Star, 21 March 2017 - 05:19 PM.

The Annis Pinnacle.
  • theGTAking101 likes this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:27 PM

"Cousin, this is your cousin!..."

You know what's next.

• DM98xKONATA, Karls, Mr_Rager and 2 others like this

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:38 PM

City herself, story and characters and euphoria.

• gunziness likes this

eCola
  • eCola

Homie

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:38 PM

The pause menu theme.

• DOUGL4S1 likes this

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:02 PM

Watching these two trailers.

Dream-_-Traveler
  • Dream-_-Traveler

Thanks4TheMemoriesGTAIV <3 ILY ALL.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:36 PM Edited by Dream-_-Traveler, 19 March 2017 - 06:37 PM.

The thought of happiness island or camping out inside that office building south Algonquin with friends in free mode. :) Man i had some good memories.

I remember when V released the tug boat amd i was flooded with memories. I squeezed like 7 or 8 people on one in gta iv during the early years. Later found out the tug boat could be used to crash the game.

Legomanarthur
  • Legomanarthur

We all want peace! But my peace, not their f*cking peace

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:22 PM

Just simply thinking about the game makes me want to play it again, though I've already finished the game countless of times so I try to play the story all over again at least one or two times a year to keep it fresh if that means anything, like the last time I've finished IV & EFLC was during the Summer holidays, I might do it again I don't know yet. Apart from playing the story, I often struggle between either playing IV or V (both icons are next to each other), when I'm bored of Los Santos and Blaine County I decide to go back to Liberty City to get some relief so I guess the map and its atmosphere are good arguments for me to become nostalgic again. Same goes with GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas.

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:47 PM

The characters, the story, the missions, the bus stop, the soundtrack.

And this song.
  • anthony, The7thOne, Payne Killer and 1 other like this

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

ILL SWALLOW YOUR SOUL

• The Yardies
  • None
  • 2nd Prettiest Snowflake 2017
    Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:50 PM Edited by The Deadite, 20 March 2017 - 02:42 AM.

To piss off Osho's ghost, listen to music/watch the in-game TV and inspiration, lately i ran IV to muster some inspiration to work on my map. Next thing i know i'm again fully inmersed in IV's storymode.

Brb reinstalling IV.

What in the actual f*ck, why would you deinstall IV?
  • Algonquin Assassin, anthony, Payne Killer and 1 other like this

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:10 PM

Whenever I think back to the release of the PS3. So in other words whenever I get nostalgic for mid-late 2000's.

Domand
  • Domand

Its Wanting That gets So Many Folks In Trouble

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:28 AM Edited by Domand, 20 March 2017 - 02:32 AM.

What do you mean by Osho Ghost?

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:57 AM Edited by DOUGL4S1, 20 March 2017 - 03:00 AM.

Osho was a... weird member on the forums that got banned recently, that went from loving to hating GTA IV in no time, and would fight anyone who disagreed with him on that (AFAIK). Others that were here for longer may explain why he was hated a bit better.

• Official General, theGTAking101, Karls and 1 other like this

Domand
  • Domand

Its Wanting That gets So Many Folks In Trouble

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:08 AM

Oh ok. I remember him on here but I only joined in January so saw only a little of his activity. Thanks filling me in.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:09 AM

Osho was a... weird member on the forums that got banned recently, that went from loving to hating GTA IV in no time, and would fight anyone who disagreed with him on that (AFAIK). Others that were here for longer may explain why he was hated a bit better.
Speaking from experience I never really saw him as someone who loved GTA IV. He still criticised it, but he didn't take unnecessary jabs in almost every post he made only until he started "modding" GTA V.

I don't know what went on in his head, but from where I sit it just came across as counter-trolling to me to get back at those criticising GTA V. Kind of like ChiroVette and his "Snore" rebuttal.

But that's ancient history now...

What makes me nostalgic about GTA IV? It has to be the launch trailer from 2007. Gives me goosebumps thinking it's been 10 years already.
  • Official General, anthony, theGTAking101 and 3 others like this

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

Only those who die get closure, the living do not.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:41 AM Edited by TheOneLibertonian, 20 March 2017 - 09:01 AM.

I think nostalgia is rather too inadequate of a word to describe GTA IV. I cherish every single minute I played for this game. I still clearly remembered getting my old Xbox 360 Elite during Summer Break with GTA IV bundled with it. I still remember that first playthrough and seeing a fully realized open world was just mind blowing. 

I kinda forgot Osho was recently banned. Honestly, I used to like the guy, because he was a fan of Vice City. But when everything turned 180 when unfairly consistently bashing V thoroughly to just low key trashing IV in almost every single post since he started modding V. In all honesty, he got it coming though. BTW I'll stop now, enough about Osho, he's history, and hopefully discussions will be more peaceful now.

• Official General, theGTAking101 and Mr_Rager like this

shadyslady
  • shadyslady

I've never been popular - I don't mean to start now

• Members

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:31 PM

Characters, music, crime themed missions, side missions, some of the physics.
The driving physics are very boat like, yes.
But the player's movements is definitely better than the one in gta v.
Combat, jumping, climbing, grabbing a ledge and hanging on to it.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:41 PM Edited by Official General, 20 March 2017 - 01:41 PM.

I'd say it's those first moments of being in LC that Niko had living in Broker. Whenever I think of Broker, I just wanna play IV again. The gritty dark LC streets and concrete blocks in general.

Only now, just finished a 4th playthrough of the game on PC, but with mods. With mods IV is like 20 times better, it can be tailor made into the game of your dreams.

• NearExpansion likes this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:19 PM Edited by Piggsy pls, 20 March 2017 - 02:19 PM.

Watching that "GTA IV is better than GTA V" video always puts me in the right mood.
  • anthony, Dream-_-Traveler and DOUGL4S1 like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:22 PM

I don't really ever get nostalgia for IV unless I haven't played it in a while. IV is still probably one of most regularly played games, it's kind of a pass time too. If I haven't played IV for a while then I get nostalgic. But when I play. unlike a lot of old games, I get pretty comfortable and play it like I play any new game.

• anthony likes this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:02 PM

Speaking of nostalgia, I've just installed the World Trade Center Twin Towers mod on my game, and it looks stunning. I really makes Liberty City in IV feel so complete !!

• Payne Killer likes this

PJR_4015
  • PJR_4015

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:46 PM

Speaking of nostalgia, I've just installed the World Trade Center Twin Towers mod on my game, and it looks stunning. I really makes Liberty City in IV feel so complete !!

Which version of the mod do you use? The install EXE of the 0.3 version doesn't work anymore because the official website is down. Are you using the 0.2 version then?

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:15 PM Edited by Official General, 21 March 2017 - 05:16 PM.

Which version of the mod do you use? The install EXE of the 0.3 version doesn't work anymore because the official website is down. Are you using the 0.2 version then?

I got it from a Facebook page dedicated to it, a guy there had the original files to manually install in IV. Not sure which version it is to be honest, but it looks and feels incredible.

Let me ask you for some help if you can ? I have it for IV but not EFLC, the version I have don't work for EFLC. Have you got the original files for the EFLC version to manually install in the game ? If so, be kind enough to send it to me bro ?

PJR_4015
  • PJR_4015

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:11 PM

I got it from a Facebook page dedicated to it, a guy there had the original files to manually install in IV. Not sure which version it is to be honest, but it looks and feels incredible.

Let me ask you for some help if you can ? I have it for IV but not EFLC, the version I have don't work for EFLC. Have you got the original files for the EFLC version to manually install in the game ? If so, be kind enough to send it to me bro ?

I unfortunately don't have any files from the (latest) EFLC version. That's why I asked you this in the first place (thank you by the way for pointing me to that Facebook page: now I can use it in my game too). Maybe you can try the 0.2 version, since it has a separate EXE for EFLC.

On topic: I get really excited about playing IV again when I think about all the fun I had with the physics. The car and ragdoll physics are perfect to mess around with.

• Official General likes this

NearExpansion
  • NearExpansion

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:33 PM Edited by NearExpansion, 21 March 2017 - 07:35 PM.

When I complete GTA V and realise I never care about Michael, Franklin or Trevor as much as I do about Niko. I even did option C 'Deathwish' yesterday and still didn't get that rush when Niko ends Pegorino or Rascalov.  Which means I will be going to back to GTA IV before the week is over.

• Official General likes this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:07 PM

I unfortunately don't have any files from the (latest) EFLC version. That's why I asked you this in the first place (thank you by the way for pointing me to that Facebook page: now I can use it in my game too). Maybe you can try the 0.2 version, since it has a separate EXE for EFLC.

On topic: I get really excited about playing IV again when I think about all the fun I had with the physics. The car and ragdoll physics are perfect to mess around with.

I don't mind any version of the EFLC one, just as long as it works. If you don't have any then cool. No problem, that one on the Facebook page is for IV only with version with Patch 7, it might not work with the latest patch 8.

• PJR_4015 likes this

Karls
  • Karls

w00p

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:49 AM

Just finished the first couple of missions. I'm not sure if it the nicotine in my blood and the rush of chasing down Vlad in the narrow streets, but hell, this game is bringing some real nostalgia.

Mr_Rager
  • Mr_Rager

weight of the wind

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:11 AM

Watching that "GTA IV is better than GTA V" video always puts me in the right mood.

Did GTA V ever recover from that?
  • Piggsy pls likes this

Great Britain
  • Great Britain

Dieu et mon droit

• Facade
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:13 AM Edited by Great Britain, 22 March 2017 - 11:45 AM.

I still remember the first time I laid eyes on the very first trailer of IV. It was the first step for the GTA series in the HD era and quite frankly we all at that time were accustomed to something along the lines of Vice City & San Andreas and to a lot of us, imagining an HD rendition of the GTA series was a very far fetched thought, if at all. So for me I guess what adds to the nostalgic value for this game would be remembering all those times when I used to watch these trailers over and over again and used to sit down after a long day to watch the gameplay walkthroughs of the game by GTA Series Videos while having my meals, always looking forward to a new upload and promising myself to not watch much of it so as to not spoil the fun but ended up breaking it every single time until I finally bought the game myself. I can't even begin to describe the feeling of playing "Cousins Bellic" and actually pressing "accelerate" on roman's taxi for the very first time. Even listening to the sound of picking up a weapon in-game gave me the feels thinking that it's exactly the sound I heard in the gameplay videos and here I am playing what probably at that time for me was the best game to have ever hit the market and to this day it still ranks somewhere up there. And then there is of course the beautifully written story-line, the in-depth narration, the Rockstar's signature eye for even the smallest of details that just made me fall in love with this game and I have yet to see something that makes me feel that "little kiddy" excitement that I had when I first opened the box to discover a treasure trove of a map along with the discs and just by looking at the box itself even to this day is enough for me to fire it up over and over again.  :pp  

It's surely seen better days but here's a testament to how much this game has been in and out of my shelf over the years  :inlove:

Spoiler
  • Mr_Rager likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users