i did not said you should stop the project. In fact, IMO you should continue it. I am just skeptical that such a huge mod will see the light of the day, nothing more or less. Because such huge projects were posted several times for all previous GTA titles with the promise, they will be finished, they will be released and the work is going good, now most of them are dead. Some of them stopped due to real life stuff (Real life is more important ofcourse, it can happen to anyone, even to you too, be it school, university, job, family etc) but others were stopped because... yeah.... they had a too big project and hit some limits which they couldnt avoid/which werent hacked at this time (and there are still limits which need to be hacked), or lost motivation/interest because..... yeah.... it takes too long for a 2-3 modteam or even alone (yes i know you are not alone).
- It can happen that one of your team member leave because of Real life and whatever
- it can happen that one of your team member, or you, or all of you, loose data because hard drive crash or whatever (but i think you make backups)
- it can happen that you hit a limit, or a new GTA patch/dlc release changes something, and this leads to problems which causes the project to pause
Creating the terrain alone takes time, especially when you want to create everything from scratch: buildings, terrain, objects, vehicles.
- Have you considered what amount of work and people it takes?
- Do you have the time to work on such a project?
- Do you have the people?
- Did you considered all the possible limits you might hit and the patches/DLC which can add new limits or changes stuff which breaks something?
I see at the main page that only 3 people work on it, thats not much. And this is why the idea to expand the GTA V map with other regions is awesome , but crazy and i think not very realistic. Also, such a project takes a huge amount of time, and with the time, people loose interest, so be prepared to loose followers.
I am happy that you want to create such a huge map mod, really, BUT i am skeptical that this mod will see the light of the day.
NO i am NOT saying that you should stop.
NO i am NOT saying this mod will never be released.
WHAT i am saying is: i (and the others should do the same, so the dissappointment is not big "when it happens") just prepare for the "this project is stopped" message. Nothing more or less.
The reason you get so many messages like this is simple: the community saw enough projects like this, most of them died. So when the community see projects like this again, they think "ahh another project with unrealistic tasks, plans and promises which will die sooner or later". And the more this happens, the less trust does the community have in such projects.