Made a new youtube logo

15 replies to this topic
xXepicjasaXx
  • xXepicjasaXx

EPIC

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:46 AM

Hey guys, yesterday i decided that i needed to change my logo and have an actual logo instead of my name with something in the background.

So i have been using Paint.net for a very long time and I've watched many tutorials to get better so please guys  i would like it if you guys could rate my new logo out of 10 and maybe put a small sentence of what you think so any suggestions and what you like. thanks :)

OLD logo                                                                                                                                               NEW logo

930579879a2cc17a47989ff94f3c3a4f34b25254                       8dr45BQA.jpg

• Android and ceszayers like this

ManiacKevin
  • ManiacKevin

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:19 PM

Great!
  • xXepicjasaXx likes this

DC9Faster
  • DC9Faster

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:33 PM Edited by DC9Faster, 29 March 2017 - 12:37 PM.

I'm liking this logos.I really like blue backgrounds.Keep up man :) You did a great job.

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

A Ninja

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:02 PM Edited by BlackScout, 01 April 2017 - 03:20 AM.

5/10? I hate number ratings.

kkl9Qon.png

Here is criticism, take it the way you want. I'm not by any means a graphic designer. However, I have a general idea of how this thing works.

OK.

___

The triangle is not aligned with the main shape.

There is a lot of aliasing on the lines.

The "Drop Shadow" effect could be weaker. It kinda looks too dark.

The background image is nice... However, it doesn't look as sharp. NITPICK ALERT.

___

The overall "design" of the logo seems interesting, perhaps remake it?

EDIT: Don't do it.

KYtVNfW.png

• Mega, Android, Pavle and 3 others like this

SA's Most Wanted
  • SA's Most Wanted

- GTAF GFX Guy - Formerly: Jacobmaate

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [GFX]

Posted 02 April 2017 - 08:05 PM

Considering you're using Paint.Net, it's not too bad.

I myself used to use PDN about 3/4 years ago, I use Photoshop now and Ps does allow you to do more, be more precise with what you want to do etc. but this is definitely a good start.

Having something like a logo is always nice, as a replacement for a name in Display Pics etc.

Keep working at it, and in time you'll be able to make all sorts, and if at all possible, consider using Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator.

You'll find that experimenting with different features, filters & add-ons (which you can easily find online for PDN), will allow you to see what sort of things you like, and might want to get better at. Perhaps one of the great things about doing GFX work.

Anyway, Keep it up man!

• Android, BlackScout, xXepicjasaXx and 1 other like this

xXepicjasaXx
  • xXepicjasaXx

EPIC

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:53 PM

5/10? I hate number ratings.

kkl9Qon.png

Here is criticism, take it the way you want. I'm not by any means a graphic designer. However, I have a general idea of how this thing works.

OK.

___

The triangle is not aligned with the main shape.

There is a lot of aliasing on the lines.

The "Drop Shadow" effect could be weaker. It kinda looks too dark.

The background image is nice... However, it doesn't look as sharp. NITPICK ALERT.

___

The overall "design" of the logo seems interesting, perhaps remake it?

EDIT: Don't do it.

KYtVNfW.png

thank you for taking the time to review my logo and edit it, I agree with everything you have said haha, i really dont know why there is aliasing and it could be a lot better overall i know. I might re-make it and try and improve the quality but it was just a quick thing and didnt take too much time, maybe me just rushing but next time if i do make a new one i will learn from this one :)

Considering you're using Paint.Net, it's not too bad.

I myself used to use PDN about 3/4 years ago, I use Photoshop now and Ps does allow you to do more, be more precise with what you want to do etc. but this is definitely a good start.

Having something like a logo is always nice, as a replacement for a name in Display Pics etc.

Keep working at it, and in time you'll be able to make all sorts, and if at all possible, consider using Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator.

You'll find that experimenting with different features, filters & add-ons (which you can easily find online for PDN), will allow you to see what sort of things you like, and might want to get better at. Perhaps one of the great things about doing GFX work.

Anyway, Keep it up man!

thank you and Yeah i thought it was good for paint.net and i will definitely keep working at it and improve for if i make a new logo or banner but the only problem right now is that my computer is 32-bit so i cant get any good software yet because it requires 64-bit so i will stick with paint.net for a while and if i get more into this kind of stuff i will look at a new computer and software :)

• SA's Most Wanted and ceszayers like this

xXepicjasaXx
  • xXepicjasaXx

EPIC

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2017 - 11:32 AM

I looked up some ways to get rid of aliasing and there isnt many because it is meant to happen in the software, i added a slight blur to the whole picture, does it look better now?

1739843579508323d0fd39758380641358745082

SA's Most Wanted
  • SA's Most Wanted

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2017 - 11:52 AM

It's definitely improved, and looks better than those rough edges you had previously, all I'd mainly suggest is to try and straighten that top triangle, so it's in line with the line along the side of the main body of the "j". 

So if you were to put a line against the edge of the j, it would be in line with the triangle you have at the top if you get what I mean?

xXepicjasaXx
  • xXepicjasaXx

EPIC

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2017 - 12:29 PM

It's definitely improved, and looks better than those rough edges you had previously, all I'd mainly suggest is to try and straighten that top triangle, so it's in line with the line along the side of the main body of the "j". 

So if you were to put a line against the edge of the j, it would be in line with the triangle you have at the top if you get what I mean?

hows this, i will add outline and stuff after

J29kxxw.jpg

SA's Most Wanted
  • SA's Most Wanted

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2017 - 01:37 PM

LJpG0pK.png

I was referring to this line here.

FaUjiaq.pngAs you can see, the line isn't straight on your triangle, its slightly off.

xXepicjasaXx
  • xXepicjasaXx

EPIC

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2017 - 02:18 PM Edited by xXepicjasaXx, 09 April 2017 - 02:41 PM.

ohh ok, i will make the changes another time, things are so much harder to do in paint.net and did you pay for photoshop or did you get it for free (just wondering, i wont be able to get it either way)

edit: i actually give up with this, the aliasing is really bad and i might just restart the whole thing and start another day-_-

xXepicjasaXx
  • xXepicjasaXx

EPIC

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2017 - 10:11 AM

Ok so i just tried to fix it and start fresh but the aliasing is still there and is very noticeable, if anyone could fix that and the top of the J that would be so great because i spent hours trying to fix it and it turned out horrible, thanks :)

SA's Most Wanted
  • SA's Most Wanted

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:45 AM Edited by SA's Most Wanted, 14 April 2017 - 12:49 AM.

iLfjBEa.pngKnb9Lib.png

edit: i actually give up with this, the aliasing is really bad and i might just restart the whole thing and start another day-_-

GFX work can be a pain in the backside, trust me, I know :p

It's okay to take a break here and there, but don't give up. Keep working at it, try different methods to find what suits you best, and of course to get different results and see what you like most when doing projects etc. You can learn on the go and develop your skills from there, don't give up though.

xXepicjasaXx
  • xXepicjasaXx

EPIC

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 April 2017 - 10:40 AM

iLfjBEa.pngKnb9Lib.png

GFX work can be a pain in the backside, trust me, I know :p

It's okay to take a break here and there, but don't give up. Keep working at it, try different methods to find what suits you best, and of course to get different results and see what you like most when doing projects etc. You can learn on the go and develop your skills from there, don't give up though.

thankyou so much man, its just that with the software i use aliasing is a problem and its hard to stop it from happening and i dont usually give up but there was no way i could do anything about the horrible aliasing, thankyou :)

• SA's Most Wanted likes this

SA's Most Wanted
  • SA's Most Wanted

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:01 AM

I get you, it can be a real pain in the backside.

xXepicjasaXx
  • xXepicjasaXx

EPIC

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:23 PM

I get you, it can be a real pain in the backside.

so i fixed the logo and i also made a new youtube banner 

Iqeynn9.jpg?1

4ldZPK4.jpg?1

• SA's Most Wanted likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users