Playerunknown's Battlegrounds Thread

93 replies to this topic
JON22
  • JON22

FECK U ALL >:(

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:36 PM

I just bought this on Xbox. What's with the neck seams lol? Looks like my first time modding Skyrim Special Edition.
  • MyMothersMySister likes this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2016
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2015
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:38 PM

Everything will look bad on xbox, even on a one x.

Btw for all that care, there was a new update, loads of new clothing items available.

rqMLnvS.jpg

Looks like Assassin's Creed merged with Watch Dogs 2...

• Voodoo, Static, Coin and 1 other like this

MyMothersMySister
  • MyMothersMySister

Unkle Dysfunktional

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:36 PM

Question...

Has anyone ever won a chicken dinner without a kill or even hits points? Thanks to Daz, I have.
  • Daz, Static, Coin and 1 other like this

Audi
  • Audi

AИТRАХ

• The Yakuza
  • Mexico
  • Most Improved Member 2017
    Best Turbo Quattro 2017

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:54 PM

Yes, the 893 has carried my ass a few times.

• Ruin likes this

MyMothersMySister
  • MyMothersMySister

Unkle Dysfunktional

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:58 PM Edited by MyMothersMySister, 13 January 2018 - 10:59 PM.

Did the new Xbone update help the houses spawn at game start any sooner?

Its alright and all adding new cargo pant colours but not while the games still a bit wanky. (Technical term)
  • Daz likes this

Parky.
  • Parky.

Where's ya mic..?

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:12 AM

Houses still sh*te to load in but much smoother overall and I've not had a crash in the last week, it's not bad pal
  • MyMothersMySister and Daz like this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:22 AM

I am still waiting for the bone version to have FPS only modes, I think that would help, but god damn, the looting and inventory really needs a rework, at least more intuitive button mapping and shortcuts.

• MyMothersMySister likes this

Parky.
  • Parky.

Where's ya mic..?

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:02 AM

I'm using the start button when looting, it makes it slightly quicker and easier. Pressing x to grab a Scar what's on the ground and picking up some pink skinny jeans next to it is a piss take.

I don't think we're far off first person squads, should be here in the next few weeks.
  • Daz likes this

Coin
  • Coin

Feroci

• BUSTED!
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:26 AM

Playing squads yesterday with the Yakuza, encounter a hacker with a chinese name using some aim assist bullsh*t and of course he wrecks us. No more than 2 games later we run into him again and he kills us through walls that aren't even destructible. Went to play solo today and in my very first game encounter another one of these c*nts jumping around killing people with perfect recoil.

Starting to get why the PUBG reddit has a hate boner for Chinese players now, hah.

• Ruin and Audi like this

MyMothersMySister
  • MyMothersMySister

Unkle Dysfunktional

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 18 January 2018 - 12:14 AM

I'm using the start button when looting, it makes it slightly quicker and easier. Pressing x to grab a Scar what's on the ground and picking up some pink skinny jeans next to it is a piss take.

I don't think we're far off first person squads, should be here in the next few weeks.

Yeah it's the preferred way of looting for me too. Too much sh*t cluttered meaning too much time spent looting. Unless it's the stripey t-shirt then I can't resist picking it up.

I'll get on with you sometime for some nostalgia gaming Parky.

JON22
  • JON22

FECK U ALL >:(

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 January 2018 - 12:00 PM

Did the new Xbone update help the houses spawn at game start any sooner?
Its alright and all adding new cargo pant colours but not while the games still a bit wanky. (Technical term)

First day I bought this game I died inside some boxes.

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Car
    Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 18 January 2018 - 04:48 PM

This cannot be unseen.

stansdadcannotbeunseen.jpg

ca8a33c07fb40ebf739e62e653caedbc23acf4e7

• Daz, Coin, Audi and 1 other like this

Coin
  • Coin

Feroci

• BUSTED!
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 26 January 2018 - 10:21 AM Edited by Coin, 26 January 2018 - 10:23 AM.

Game has passed 4 million players on Xbox now.

For all the issues with the game on both platforms (as someone who loves the game), it's kinda crazy how much of an unstoppable juggernaut it has become in terms of success.

• Audi likes this

Coin
  • Coin

Feroci

• BUSTED!
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:54 AM

Biggest pet peeve at the moment is this vocal group on the PUBG reddit, that seems to have this one map, same condition mentality. They incessentally bitched and moaned about the fog & rain weather on Erangel to the point where these are rarer than hen's teeth. Now they're bitching about Miramar, some to the point where they are removing the map files from their PC to try and force matchmaking onto Erangel. Ordinarily I wouldn't give a sh*t about reddit opinions, but in this case they are seemingly influencing the game's development and for the worse.

• Daz and Audi like this

Audi
  • Audi

AИТRАХ

• The Yakuza
  • Mexico
    Best Turbo Quattro 2017

Posted 30 January 2018 - 07:45 PM

The real idiocy of it all is that new maps is what will help keep the game going well into the future, instead of being the same repetative experience. Especially as more options open up in the BR genre. Ironically with all the sh*t pubg gets about performance, my pc handles Miramar a lot better then Erangel on initial beginning of matches. But they refuse to learn the new map and expect everyone to cater to them.

To me it's the same mentality of people that only play dust2 on csgo. Hopefully they get burned out and f*ck off to fortnite or something.
  • Coin likes this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 30 January 2018 - 10:48 PM

My preference goes back and forth. Obviously at the start I wanted more new map, then after they reduced the circle size I preferred the old map. It also depends on how recently I played, I definitely want to play them both equally at the moment. My only gripe with Miramar is that there are a lot of super sh*t loot areas and also due to it's size the circle really f*cks you over. There is so much bumpy terrain and the vehicles are all slow as sh*t, so traversing the map at the first circle is a massive bitch, and also at end circles, you could be on the side of some giant f*ck off canyon and the circle still moves just as fast as if you were on normal terrain. So I die so much more often from the circle on Miramar and it really just doesn't benefit anyone to have players suicide by flipping your bike on some atom of sand and insta-dying or being killed by the circle because you got trapped on some f*cking rock formation. They only need one tweak, not all of them. I think it would be best if they just slowed the speed at later circles. But then now they have changed it since I last played and I got myself killed in a 1v1v1 situation in a building because the circle never f*cking closed any further, which confused the f*ck out of me so I got bored and went hunting, then it decided to move after like 5 minutes. That is a stupid setup. I want the circle to encourage movement and combat, and not just outright f*ck you in the ass at a top 10-15 situation. It should all be constant moving cover to cover and firing than having to put guns away and sprint to get over obstacles before it starts chunking like a right bastard.

There needs to be a bit of balance of loot in sh*t areas and the circle tweaked to not murder you so hard like it does, even when you are trying to get in circle the whole game. Miramar would be much more fun that way. Also it would be nice if you couldn't scope in when in the later blue circles, or you cant easily see people inside the circle. I get sick of out of circle f*ckers just camping to get a kill despite them dying straight after.

Also, some of these bugs needs f*cking sorting. The "not able to look/dive" bug at the start of matches, as well as the bug that makes it so I can't see my teammate's kills on the kill feed, I often don't know a firefight is over quick enough to play fast enough. It's less information than I used to have and I like to know when my my teammate is getting knocks or kills.

• Coin and Audi like this

Uncle Sikee Atric
  • Uncle Sikee Atric

Everyone's favorite Uncle, but not Led-By.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award, 2018 Trumptonshire Trilogy Award

Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:13 AM Edited by Uncle Sikee Atric, 31 January 2018 - 09:14 AM.

Miramar on the test servers has been much better. Better loot distribution, more cover and slightly altered terrain, allowing for a few more off road vehicle routes.

Hopefully it'll do the trick.

Coin
  • Coin

Feroci

• BUSTED!
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:44 AM

Terrain was never really an issue for Miramar in terms of cover, since unlike Erangel, there's zero flat areas (at least none that come to mind) so you always have the natural terrain to work with. Always up for more improvements though.

Definitely agree with Daz re: circles though. The timing, in the last couple of circles at the very least, really needs looking at and slowing down. The way the terrain works just slows you down on foot.

Adding off road routes to the map feels like a bit of a bandaid fix though. I guess it'll work for the mean time but the core issue has more to do with the driving mechanics themselves IMO - offroad on Erangel is pretty bad as well.

Don't really have an opinion on loot distribution because it is usually kind to me or my squad mates but improvements are always welcome never the less. 

• Daz and Audi like this

am30
  • am30

is gta o still a thing?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 January 2018 - 01:33 PM Edited by am30, 31 January 2018 - 01:33 PM.

PUBG is terrible (can a game be both good and bad at the same time) yet addictive on the Xbone.  Hit detection is horrendous and some textures are a joke - oh look a jeep in the distance *gets closers* nope it's rock.  Still, it's fun sneaking around collecting stuff whilst trying to not be discovered.

Uncle Sikee Atric
  • Uncle Sikee Atric

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:06 PM

PUBG is terrible (can a game be both good and bad at the same time) yet addictive on the Xbone.

I know exactly what you mean about PUBG being good and bad at the same time.

It can either be amazing fun or a complete arse on PC too. Yet it still keeps drawing you back for more, even in it's 'arse phases'.
  • Daz likes this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:10 PM

PUBG is terrible (can a game be both good and bad at the same time) yet addictive on the Xbone.  Hit detection is horrendous and some textures are a joke - oh look a jeep in the distance *gets closers* nope it's rock.  Still, it's fun sneaking around collecting stuff whilst trying to not be discovered.

Well the key word to your problem there is "Xbone".

You can make it look as great as you want on PC, but I prefer lower settings to get an advantage. There are still annoying bugs and issues that need solving and the directional audio in the game needs fixing but it is far from terrible.

You can call it a bitch, broken, or annoying but it cant even be close to being terrible being probably one of the most important game releases in the last decade.

• Coin and Audi like this

Audi
  • Audi

AИТRАХ

• The Yakuza
  • Mexico
    Best Turbo Quattro 2017

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:47 PM

^^^ this tbh

Game looks unbelievable at highest settings on my 1440p display, but running lowered settings as well for the fps boost.

Game has no doubt had issues and will still have growing pains, but it is no doubt a successful game and a lot of fun with friends.
  • Daz likes this

am30
  • am30

is gta o still a thing?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 February 2018 - 01:46 AM

You can make it look as great as you want on PC, but I prefer lower settings to get an advantage. There are still annoying bugs and issues that need solving and the directional audio in the game needs fixing but it is far from terrible.

You can call it a bitch, broken, or annoying but it cant even be close to being terrible being probably one of the most important game releases in the last decade.

The Xbone itself is not the problem.  The game is around 5 or 6 GB to download which is this size of the average DLC for most games.  There is no reason why this game could not have had more added to it for the Xbone.

I can call it terrible if I want, it's a matter of opinion.  My opinion is that in it's current state it is terrible.  It should be a lot better than it is and there is no excuse.  I am assuming you have only played it on PC?  I'm sure my opinion and experience would be different if I was on PC.

Coin
  • Coin

Feroci

• BUSTED!
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 09 February 2018 - 04:52 AM

Platform is definitely an issue. Performance on PC was still pretty dodgy when they started working on the console port and was always going to be a crap shoot on Xbox (in terms of performance) because Microsoft & Bluehole seemed intent to get it out ASAP as well. They probably should have held off a good 6 months but money talks in the end. At least on PC you could always mitigate anyway issues for the most part.

• Audi likes this

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:08 AM

Had a really lovely TPP DUO last night. Chased this poor ghillie-bambi into a shed. :p

az_pubg_02.jpg

az_pubg_01.jpg

• Daz, Coin and Audi like this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:22 AM

The Xbone itself is not the problem.  The game is around 5 or 6 GB to download which is this size of the average DLC for most games.  There is no reason why this game could not have had more added to it for the Xbone.

I can call it terrible if I want, it's a matter of opinion.  My opinion is that in it's current state it is terrible.  It should be a lot better than it is and there is no excuse.  I am assuming you have only played it on PC?  I'm sure my opinion and experience would be different if I was on PC.

You missed my point completely.

Your problem is that you are playing it on a console. That is it. All these early access PC ports to console suck anus. It is just a cash grab because they really do not run at all. But they get away with it because its a "Game preview". Yes I have played it on the xbox, it was f*cking awful and I quit. Your problem is that you are calling a game trash because you are playing the broken console version not the PC version. It should be me who is saying "have you even played it on PC?" not the other way around. We are all aware of how god awful it is on the xbox. I would avoid that 100% if I were you. If only for the fact that because of the horrible looting mechanics it basically breaks the game from what it actually is meant to be. I suggest you move over to PC for a better experience.

Back on topic:

Finally beat my streak of 8 kills recently. I almost never play solos anymore, haven't played in weeks then came on for my first solos game and got 10 kills, I was so close to getting more but got killed by some lucky shot from some dude. Had a Groza and Kar98 with 8x and was snap shotting fools like a pro. Went through like 4 lvl3 helmets in that game. I was on point, but someone just gets their lucky shot in from across the map.

Spoiler
  • Azazel, Coin and Audi like this

Coin
  • Coin

Feroci

• BUSTED!
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:51 AM

Killing bush wookies (I guess that doesn't work for Miramar!) is always good fun. Lots of people overestimate their effect.

@Daz; nice streak there. Been forever since I've hit double figures though my solo jaunts these days tend to be in the 1-man squad mode.

Ever found the fabled "scarabiner-L"?

OMXv9dx.jpg

• Daz and Azazel like this

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:34 PM

Small screen dump from recent excursions.

az_pubg_03.jpg

"Hey, I can see my oil rig from here!"

az_pubg_04.jpg

az_pubg_05.jpg

az_pubg_06.jpg

Didn't see the bench in the tall grass. :(

Uncle Sikee Atric
  • Uncle Sikee Atric

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 February 2018 - 10:05 PM Edited by Uncle Sikee Atric, 11 February 2018 - 10:06 PM.

Proof I can do it....

47lpXtr.jpg

I'm much more an ambush player, but I got a good run in....

Uncle Sikee Atric
  • Uncle Sikee Atric

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 March 2018 - 12:40 PM Edited by Uncle Sikee Atric, 09 March 2018 - 12:41 PM.

The PUBG Roadmap has been released for this year. Among the usual blurb of fixes, optimisations and more minor content. They have released the detail for the next map, due on test servers next month.

map.jpg.fe80bab17761978898a362d0df9d6af4

Note the size. This is just 1/4 the size of the other two maps and set in a tropical island paradise. Lots of elevation changes mark the concept as well, so expect intense close range combat among the palm forests....
  • Daz likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users