Photo

Playerunknown's Battlegrounds Thread

7 replies to this topic
Uncle Sikee Atric
  • Uncle Sikee Atric

Where are you, Insect?

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago Edited by Uncle Sikee Atric, A week ago.

With this game now leaving Closed Beta and entering Steam Early Access (It's due to leave E.A. before Xmas 2017), it's time to create a thread for this game.

I think it has the potential to be 'the' King Of The Hill game you'll always play.  It has promised modding support and, although it is currently a PC only title, the devs have confirmed they are looking at the feasibility of a console conversion once the PC version has released fully.

The official website is here and carries regular blogs and full update notes.

The Steam page is here.
  • Mister Pink, Cosmic Gypsy and EvolvedWalker like this

Lubas
  • Lubas

★★★★★

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I've seen it on jackfrag's I guess...

Is this free?

Uncle Sikee Atric
  • Uncle Sikee Atric

Where are you, Insect?

• United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago Edited by Uncle Sikee Atric, A week ago.

Not free, no....

However, it is only "buy the game and play". It will be one payment and the micro-transactions will be only for cosmetic items and totally voluntary. There will be no pay to win items.

The pre-order was $30, but that was sold out pretty quickly.

Presidential
  • Presidential

lol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

I'm not into the early access model but I'll most likely follow this game.

Uncle Sikee Atric
  • Uncle Sikee Atric

Where are you, Insect?

• United-Kingdom

Posted 2 days ago

The game has now hit Early Access and is available to purchase.

The Devs suggest the EA phase will last six months or so, but it already shows a lot of potential.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A day ago

Been looking at this game on youtube and i really like the idea of it. 1 complaint is not being able to have a proper fist fight, I've seen people land next to each other on youtube and as they try and find a weapon they are pathetically punching each other or not even bothering to do that, but that is a perfect opportunity to start the match in a fast and brutal way, by beating the sh*t out of someone in a battle of life and death if you happen to land next to someone. The downed player could either die or be KO'd, giving the winner of the fight a chance to run away. 

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A day ago

Not free, no....However, it is only "buy the game and play". It will be one payment and the micro-transactions will be only for cosmetic items and totally voluntary.

If they are planning to bring it to console, this will be a pain. You must have Gold or PS+ to play multiplayer even if it's the only game mode. I find it stupid to buy a game for $60 (or $30 in this case) and I can't even use it the second I purchase it unless I toss out even more cash.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2016
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2015
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 4 hours ago

I want this sh*t bad. Always loved H1Z1:KotK but this seems like a more polished game. The map looks a bit bland and I am not that keen on the looting inventory but all that can change. Looking forward to this and Escape from Tarkov.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users