Quantcast

» «
Photo

Playerunknown's Battlegrounds Thread

15 replies to this topic
Uncle Sikee Atric
  • Uncle Sikee Atric

Everyone's favorite Uncle, but not Grandpa.

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:37 PM Edited by Uncle Sikee Atric, 17 March 2017 - 02:38 PM.

With this game now leaving Closed Beta and entering Steam Early Access (It's due to leave E.A. before Xmas 2017), it's time to create a thread for this game.

I think it has the potential to be 'the' King Of The Hill game you'll always play.  It has promised modding support and, although it is currently a PC only title, the devs have confirmed they are looking at the feasibility of a console conversion once the PC version has released fully.

The official website is here and carries regular blogs and full update notes.

The Steam page is here.
  • Mister Pink, Cosmic Gypsy and EvolvedWalker like this

Lubas
  • Lubas

★★★★★

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 March 2017 - 02:17 AM

I've seen it on jackfrag's I guess...

Is this free?

Uncle Sikee Atric
  • Uncle Sikee Atric

• United-Kingdom

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:34 AM Edited by Uncle Sikee Atric, 18 March 2017 - 10:35 AM.

Not free, no....

However, it is only "buy the game and play". It will be one payment and the micro-transactions will be only for cosmetic items and totally voluntary. There will be no pay to win items.

The pre-order was $30, but that was sold out pretty quickly.

Presidential
  • Presidential

lol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:08 PM

I'm not into the early access model but I'll most likely follow this game.

Uncle Sikee Atric
  • Uncle Sikee Atric

• United-Kingdom

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:21 AM

The game has now hit Early Access and is available to purchase.

The Devs suggest the EA phase will last six months or so, but it already shows a lot of potential.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 March 2017 - 11:46 PM

Been looking at this game on youtube and i really like the idea of it. 1 complaint is not being able to have a proper fist fight, I've seen people land next to each other on youtube and as they try and find a weapon they are pathetically punching each other or not even bothering to do that, but that is a perfect opportunity to start the match in a fast and brutal way, by beating the sh*t out of someone in a battle of life and death if you happen to land next to someone. The downed player could either die or be KO'd, giving the winner of the fight a chance to run away. 

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 March 2017 - 12:53 AM

Not free, no....However, it is only "buy the game and play". It will be one payment and the micro-transactions will be only for cosmetic items and totally voluntary.

If they are planning to bring it to console, this will be a pain. You must have Gold or PS+ to play multiplayer even if it's the only game mode. I find it stupid to buy a game for $60 (or $30 in this case) and I can't even use it the second I purchase it unless I toss out even more cash.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2016
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2015
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 25 March 2017 - 11:48 PM

I want this sh*t bad. Always loved H1Z1:KotK but this seems like a more polished game. The map looks a bit bland and I am not that keen on the looting inventory but all that can change. Looking forward to this and Escape from Tarkov.

Uncle Sikee Atric
  • Uncle Sikee Atric

• United-Kingdom

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:20 PM Edited by Uncle Sikee Atric, 30 March 2017 - 02:22 PM.

The Dev Blog has been updated with the first service patch and the roadmap for early access releases.

They're really pushing for regular releases, with daily server updates, weekly client updates and new content monthly.

I'm really liking the attitude of the Devs.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 31 March 2017 - 02:02 PM

Just grabbed this on steam, is pretty good. Easier to understand and get kills with than H1Z1, far less bunnyhopping shotgunning pricks. Managed to get plenty of nice kills.

My only issue is that the the looting doesn't work that great and often won't pick up items even though it says click to pick up. Also picking sh*t up off the floor takes a f*cking age, and multiple things can't be hoovered up which kind of sucks as you end up finding stuff next to other items and you pick them up on accident. I also just had some terrible lag where it just rubberbanded me back to the same spot over and over and I spent like 45 seconds trying to loot someone I killed and got killed in the process because the game was being a right c*nt.

Other than that this is decent if this is your kind of genre.

Some pics:

SLiAjmj.jpg

BR1CRa4.jpg

NzyiheT.jpg

r5FNtqo.jpg

jc9Sp5y.jpg

jj5I6v0.jpg

tJkriKY.jpg

J7IPB7y.jpg

• LevelDockSix, Ermac, JZFB and 1 other like this

Uncle Sikee Atric
  • Uncle Sikee Atric

• United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

The Dev Blog has been updated with the first new content patch coming later this week.
  • Daz likes this

JZFB
  • JZFB

I'm the James Bardolph of GTAF smd

• The Yakuza
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by JZFB, 4 weeks ago.

My only issue is that the the looting doesn't work that great and often won't pick up items even though it says click to pick up. Also picking sh*t up off the floor takes a f*cking age, and multiple things can't be hoovered up which kind of sucks as you end up finding stuff next to other items and you pick them up on accident. I also just had some terrible lag where it just rubberbanded me back to the same spot over and over and I spent like 45 seconds trying to loot someone I killed and got killed in the process because the game was being a right c*nt.

We've been having a similar issue to this but with vehicles. Hitting F to enter/drive doesn't even work the first time you do it, has to be done twice which is a PITA when you're getting shot at and trying to make a run for it.

Enjoying the game so far, at least in terms of squad play. Better now than H1Z1 ever was for my tastes and definitely better than The Culling which went to complete sh*t after the devs got internet famous. Next patch could use some UI improvements though, really bad in places.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Yeah, f*ck the culling.

There are some aspects of H1Z1 I do like though, such as having keys for vehicles so they can't be quickly stolen, having vehicle inventory. Having better cosmetic options and having favorite skins for each equipment type and weapon skins.

It would be nice to have saved presets for a default chosen rate of fire so all SMGS picked up could be on auto. And choose preferred zeroing distance.

As far as I am able to get these days is consistently to 3rd, only once got to 2nd and I f*cking choked like a f*cking baby bird. I just feel the pressure and I twitch and jerk the mouse and end up ADS'ing or some stupid thing when I get spooked and it always ends up f*cking me up.

Some more generic screens:

WdvYNUC.jpg

gMKnRQg.jpg

qjh5prH.jpg

uEbjpjT.jpg

This was a bad ass long range shot on a moving target:

LZI3rtC.jpg

4caUFbr.jpg

m0PJ5ZP.jpg

Some dead bitch I shot out of the car was still glitching on my lap...

eAfwDdB.jpg

iHsdeHE.jpg

Screwed this one up hard, only 2 other players left and the playzone got me. I had so much f*cking gear too:

Mo91Zbc.jpg

1v1:

yPab0wW.jpg

Choked like an inexperienced hooker:

wtZ9axe.jpg

• Mister Pink, Ruin, Static and 2 others like this

JZFB
  • JZFB

I'm the James Bardolph of GTAF smd

• The Yakuza
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 4 weeks ago

Made it to the top 10 in solo a couple of times but never any higher than 6th. Just netted my first win.

c7e8mje.png

Good lord top four/three is intense as f*ck. 

• Daz, Mister Pink, Ruin and 3 others like this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

f*ck man, better than I have done yet.

Whenever sh*t pops off it always makes me sh*t myself and I yank the mouse and hit ADS when I don't want to. It would be nice if I could edit it a little so it was a hold to iron sight and try that. The tap on and off thing really f*cks me over.

I had a game last night where I was idle and came back and was standing next to like 8 f*cking people, so I falcon punched them all, it felt f*cking awesome and netted a sh*t load of points for it. Managed to get pretty high up and some decent kills but my situational awareness sucks when it gets to the last few, especially when I am in the middle and not on the outer edge. I really need to force myself into better strategy but I just cant help it sometimes. The wait kills you and you just want to fire at some f*cker even though you end up just giving away your position.

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★☆★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 3 weeks ago

first time playing this type of game, it seems really cool, the performance thou sucks balls, even if you set it to the lowest possible settings the lag alone is hell, going for a steam refund on this one

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users