Quantcast

» «
Photo

ScriptHook V project Abandoned? No update?

Best Answer GooD-NTS, 17 March 2017 - 05:10 PM

I QUOTE one guy from the discussion: 

''OpenIV tweet means NOTHING. They don't rely on ScriptHook, theirs mods are working without ScriptHook, they don't care about it.''

What about that? I'm also suprised that many people (read greedy kids) are acting like this. Just take a look on conversation (I won't post any links) but I think you know where to look. And you will see what I'm talking about.

Alexander Blade is a member of OpenIV Team.
When I tweet something from OpenIV account I know what I'm talking about. Go to the full post

40 replies to this topic
meimeiriver
  • meimeiriver

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 June 2017 - 12:10 PM Edited by meimeiriver, 21 June 2017 - 12:10 PM.

I haven't been able to connect to the dev-c.com website for the last 24 hours. Starting to think that the version of GTAV I am on, 1032 is the last one I will end up on.

Kinda annoying as I can't test my scripts compatibility with the latest update but if there is no ScriptHookV for the latest update, I guess that's not really a problem... I am more than happy to stay on 1032. I only have 36 seconds online play-time in 18 months and had no intention of increasing that, so it's all good for me.

I was still able to connect to the site, just now. Last release date is still '09 Apr 2017', though. :(

P.S. Glad to see you're still alive!

ins1de
  • ins1de

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 21 June 2017 - 03:16 PM

Please stop crying. and speculating sh*t.

People decide to download and use Scripthook as a closed source project and no one bats an eye. But see the hook getting obsolete and everyone looses their minds.

See, this is what you get when you decide to rely on one single person in order to mod GTA5. Blade has a life, he's already having a tough time with T2 and updating his hook requires lot of research and internal testing.

But in the world we live in, people have been corrupted by the illusion of capitalism. Yes, the ability to fullfill their wishes by instantly buying things, well, the reality seems to slowly prove the contrary.

Have some patience.

• SnH firefighter and harothegreatcush like this

wootwoots
  • wootwoots

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:58 PM

yeah dev-c.com website is down... that's even more worrying... :/

foxtail
  • foxtail

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:43 PM

yeah dev-c.com website is down... that's even more worrying... :/

dev-c is not down.

THEAETIK
  • THEAETIK

C#

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:24 PM

I am more than happy to stay on 1032. I only have 36 seconds online play-time in 18 months and had no intention of increasing that, so it's all good for me.

If your project is intended for you alone that's fine, but if you plan on publishing you will seriously start to see the problems.

bethany69
  • bethany69

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2017 - 10:05 PM

All the more reason they should just make it open source. When you have a community full of people that can work on these type of things at any time the results are much quicker and communication actually occurs as well.

SergeantGnome
  • SergeantGnome

Robot Man Juice

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2017 - 12:26 AM

I just downgraded my GTA V to work Scripthook again. I really don't even know if we'll be getting an updated Scripthook at this point. This is a sad time for us PC gamers...

skylinx
  • skylinx

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 June 2017 - 01:32 AM Edited by skylinx, 22 June 2017 - 01:36 AM.

Before you speculate and jump to conclusions, let's put things in to perspective.

At this current time, all individuals who are involved with modding GTA5 publicly, have to be on their toes due to the recent legal issues.

Any software that is dependent on a larger software will always be under the mercy of that larger software. 

Any person developing this software purely for the sake of the software and community, should be appreciated.

That being said, worst case scenario, Alexander abandons ScriptHook. Does this mean SH will be gone forever? Hell to the no.

The reason no one else is developing a hook (besides it being very difficult) is because Alex already did.  A damn good one if I might add. 

If that hook would stop being developed, you bet your ass someone else will make one. It's not a matter of if, but a matter of when. 

That when could be a long time, but the fact remains, SH and in my opinion OpenIV won't die so easily. There are people who will keep it alive and will maintain it.

Seeing everybody over react is a classic case of dependent software. It happens in nearly all third party "private" development tools.

When OdinMS was shut down, every body cried and said MS private servers would die. That was how many years ago? And look, the original OdinMS source still exists, and many servers are alive.

Also, anybody who says "JUST MAKE IT OPEN SOURCE" has no idea the amount of time and work it takes to create this kind of software. Not only that, but to make it stable and public... 

Please do not under appreciate the labor that must be endured to get these mods and beautiful tools working.

Be patient and appreciate the fact people make these tools available for free. In fact, what you SHOULD be doing is supporting the creators of OpenIV and Scripthook in their time of need.

They are going through a lot of trouble as you read this right now, all because you want to roleplay the Hulk in GTA5.

meimeiriver
  • meimeiriver

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 June 2017 - 02:50 AM

I am more than happy to stay on 1032. I only have 36 seconds online play-time in 18 months and had no intention of increasing that, so it's all good for me.

If your project is intended for you alone that's fine, but if you plan on publishing you will seriously start to see the problems.

Why? If Lee is anything like me, he will be glad to keep his GTA V at the 'before-gunrunner-crap' version state. I suspect modding will continue just fine, for everyone who had a backup of their pre-gunrunner install.

Blunktor
  • Blunktor

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 22 June 2017 - 01:31 PM

Will Scripthook v surivive ?

Bacardii
  • Bacardii

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 June 2017 - 09:12 AM Edited by Bacardii, 23 June 2017 - 09:12 AM.

Looks like the scripthookV got updated and is now on the website too.

Supported patches 1.0.335.2-1.0.1103.2

http://www.dev-c.com/gtav/scripthookv/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users