Quantcast

» «
Photo

ScriptHook V project Abandoned? No update?

Best Answer GooD-NTS, 17 March 2017 - 05:10 PM

I QUOTE one guy from the discussion: 

''OpenIV tweet means NOTHING. They don't rely on ScriptHook, theirs mods are working without ScriptHook, they don't care about it.''

What about that? I'm also suprised that many people (read greedy kids) are acting like this. Just take a look on conversation (I won't post any links) but I think you know where to look. And you will see what I'm talking about.

Alexander Blade is a member of OpenIV Team.
When I tweet something from OpenIV account I know what I'm talking about. Go to the full post

40 replies to this topic
Clickbait HD
  • Clickbait HD

Player Hater

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:31 PM

Hi everyone. I was just browsing for mods on another website, and 80% of the comments for ScriptHook V by Alexander Blade is that he won't update it anymore?

I really don't mind, I don't need it anyways because I dont really use many mods, and the ones I'm using they don't require ScriptHook V.

But that topic gained like 3k comments since March 14, and most of them are that project is abandoned because Blade is not active anymore?

Can someone please tell some more about this topic? Does anyone know what's really happening lol? 

I also found these pics in the comments so here they are:

What's your thoughts about this?

FkExqWu.png

PvJBFJR.png

mixdrift
  • mixdrift

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:36 PM

https://forums.gta5-...read-this-first

Clickbait HD
  • Clickbait HD

Player Hater

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:27 PM Edited by Clickbait HD, 17 March 2017 - 03:42 PM.

Cool, i saw that too before. But what's that saying exactly? That ScriptHook is outdated? Not really big news. Since 80% of community is crying over that he is not active since 23 December 2016. And no official confirmation that he is working on it?

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV Lives

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Tool 2016 [OpenIV]
    Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]
    Major Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:03 PM

He is working on update.

What the funking wrong with you people? Why you can't just wait few days.
  • JoonasPRKL, ikt, Tomasak and 7 others like this

mixdrift
  • mixdrift

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:09 PM

He is working on update.

I can wait.

Prankster

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:21 PM Edited by 65536, 24 March 2017 - 08:29 PM.

I was on ScriptHookV's page on gta5-mods.com and I've was reading comments by an user called Sun_Ray where he says he got information about this AlexanderBlade is no longer working on this, however his posts doesn't contain any trust source, also he didn't post any URL links to a site which confirms 100% this he quit with updating this vital plug-in... Someone posted this was on Reedit, but there was no URL links posted to the exact page containing this information!

I would suggest, if @AlexanderBlade is really going to discard any further development of ScriptHookV, then other script modders still active on forums here should ask him to provide the source code so they do can continue updating ScriptHookV after every new patch released by R* Games in case AlexanderBlade leave modding GTA HD universe scene...

Also, I think there should be prohibition major vital used programs and plug-ins for running various mods like CLEO, ScriptHook and OpenIV to be closed source, and they do can be Open Source ONLY! The reason - we saw awful situation what happened with the C++ ScriptHook Beta used for running ASI / .NET mods on GTA IV and GTA EFLC after their latest patch to 1.0.8.0 and 1.1.3.0 respectively - since the C++ ScriptHook for IV and EFLC itself was closed source, its source code not being provided for others, and its author @aru completely disappeared, updated version of for latest IV's and EFLC' patches by other modders still active here is totally impossible! Its license also blocks any possibilities for updating due to legal issues because of it!

• kalleKompura likes this

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV Lives

• Members
  • Russia
    Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:37 PM

I was on ScriptHookV's page on gta5-mods.com and I've was reading comments by a user called Sun_Ray where he says he got information abiut this AlexanderBlade is no longer working on this, however his posts doesn't contain any trust source, also he didn't post any URL links to a site which confirms 100% this he quit with updating this vital plug-in... Someone posted this was on Reedit, but there was no URL links posted to the exact page containing this information!

The only reliable source of information in this question is Alexander Blade or OpenIV Team. Just ignore all whatever other people says.
Alexander is not leaving modding right now, and he is do not have plans to abandon this project.

Also, I think there should be prohibition major vital used programs and plug-ins for running various mods like CLEO, ScriptHook and OpenIV to be closed source, and they do can be Open Source ONLY!

This is not your decision to make.
  • Tomasak, cowabunga, 65536 and 3 others like this

Clickbait HD
  • Clickbait HD

Player Hater

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:57 PM Edited by Clickbait HD, 17 March 2017 - 04:58 PM.

He is working on update.

I don't really care for ScriptHook V bro, I'm not using it anyways.

I just made this topic to discuss some things that have been said.

I was on ScriptHookV's page on gta5-mods.com and I've was reading comments by a user called Sun_Ray where he says he got information abiut this AlexanderBlade is no longer working on this, however his posts doesn't contain any trust source, also he didn't post any URL links to a site which confirms 100% this he quit with updating this vital plug-in... Someone posted this was on Reedit, but there was no URL links posted to the exact page containing this information!

The only reliable source of information in this question is Alexander Blade or OpenIV Team. Just ignore all whatever other people says.
Alexander is not leaving modding right now, and he is do not have plans to abandon this project. 

''OpenIV tweet means NOTHING. They don't rely on ScriptHook, theirs mods are working without ScriptHook, they don't care about it.''

What about that? I'm also suprised that many people (read greedy kids) are acting like this. Just take a look on conversation (I won't post any links) but I think you know where to look. And you will see what I'm talking about.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV Lives

• Members
  • Russia
    Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]

Posted 17 March 2017 - 05:10 PM   Best Answer

When I tweet something from OpenIV account I know what I'm talking about.
  • ikt, Tomasak, LtFlash and 5 others like this

Clickbait HD
  • Clickbait HD

Player Hater

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 17 March 2017 - 05:13 PM

I feel ya. And I'm glad that someone cleared things up. So i hope that drama about Alex's quiting modding and not updating SHV will stop now. 

• 65536 likes this

Prankster

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 17 March 2017 - 05:26 PM Edited by 65536, 17 March 2017 - 06:44 PM.

He is working on update.

I think this also. On gta5-mods someone in comments has also said this update was different and AlexanderBlade need a two weeks because this user says he needs to make ScriptHookV for newest 1.0.1011.1 patch from scratch as a reason the updated version for the new GTA V's patch do be still unavailable for now (I don't know if this is right).

Also, I think there should be prohibition major vital used programs and plug-ins for running various mods like CLEO, ScriptHook and OpenIV to be closed source, and they do can be Open Source ONLY!

This is not your decision to make.

@Good-NTS, I just suggested this because of possibly issue with the closed source mods / tools if their author disappear? You probably already saw the case with the ScriptHook for GTA IV - what happens if a mod / plug-in / is closed source, nobody but author can update the mod / plug-in (in IV's ScriptHook's case its was updating it IV's 1.0.8.0 and EFLC 1.1.3.0 latest patches) and the author vanish and cannot be contacted anymore (therefore other still active modders have been unable to update ScriptHook for GTA IV for latest patches because its author disappeared and nobody can get its source code and permission to update it?!?)?

Why I recommend Open Source for major mods: I can give you for example the case with the Enhanced Native Trainer ASI trainer for GTA V. Initial author @arewenotmen was working on the trainer until Update 28, then stopped working and disappeared. Several months trainer was in dead state because of the vanished author, then @Zemanez appeared here and he decided to get Enhanced Native Trainer's source code and he started a branch with ENT's update 29, then with a few small menu's UI changes he released ENT's versions 30 through 32 (current one). This is an example right because @Zemanez had access to Enhanced Native Trainer's source code and he could continue working was the reason why this trainer is stills alive and was saved from total death and an outdated obsolete state, @Good-NTS. If you're wonder why I've asked for your program to be OpenSource, it's because your OpenIV application is vital for modding the games from GTA HD universe... That's all.

HeySlickThatsMe
  • HeySlickThatsMe

Aidun penirse gives Jorgy chink a T-Boner

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 17 March 2017 - 05:28 PM Edited by HeySlickThatsMe, 17 March 2017 - 05:28 PM.

Some people don't have a life , and they need to play GTA V with mods everyday lmao

unknown modder
  • unknown modder

Bon Jon Bovi

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:25 PM

Go make your own tool set and open source it.

• pez2k likes this

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful Modding 2016 [Runner-up]
    Best Vehicle 2016 [IVPack]
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:46 PM

@Clickbait HD
Where did you get that post of mine? I didn't write this.

ikt
  • ikt

_

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:10 PM Edited by ikt, 17 March 2017 - 09:11 PM.

http://gtaforums.com...v/?p=1068949443

http://gtaforums.com...ey]=date&st=400

http://imgur.com/a/QWWBh

:thinking:

Also pls don't strip out emojis GTAF, it's 2017!

Clickbait HD
  • Clickbait HD

Player Hater

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:15 PM

@Clickbait HD
Where did you get that post of mine? I didn't write this.

Someone posted it in comments on gta5-mods. Guy named MaxKade or something like that. He was spamming all over the comments with that screenshot. Hit ''show previous 20 comments'' like 20 times and you'll see it. https://www.gta5-mod...s/script-hook-v

ikt
  • ikt

_

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:27 PM

The guy has posted nothing but ScriptHookV bashing, so there's not much value to be sought there.

meimeiriver
  • meimeiriver

Crackhead

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:04 PM

Please thank Alexander for me for his hard work, and for putting up with the BS!

• Naean and Cyron43 like this

adeesh123
  • adeesh123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:37 AM

Recently there was an update for the OPEN IV file, once it was updated something popped up that said we are no longer working on this as take two interactive has sent us an official letter asking the OPEN IV team to stop working on their project since modding is illegal etc  even now i get that message whenever i open the file 

http://imgur.com/etBfOM4

THEAETIK
  • THEAETIK

C#

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:14 PM Edited by THEAETIK, 18 June 2017 - 05:26 PM.

Some people don't have a life , and they need to play GTA V with mods everyday lmao

Or they have over 1600 hours working on a personal project that depends on this update.

If ScriptHook is actually discontinued this time around, we have to force people to revert their game to BEFORE the GunRunning update. Have fun with that on Steam.

Say what you want but this really does not bold well at the moment.

guytrance
  • guytrance

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:12 PM

Well...the link to the ScripthookV download page now resets to the main page -> http://www.dev-c.com/gtav/scripthookv/

Which worries more :(

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Do androids dream of electric sheep?

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:18 PM

No it doesn't. Working here.

guytrance
  • guytrance

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:19 PM Edited by guytrance, 18 June 2017 - 06:19 PM.

No it doesn't. Working here.

It clearly resets on my end..that's weird

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Do androids dream of electric sheep?

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:22 PM

Yup, working here just fine, here's what happens when I click it: https://gfycat.com/ScentedKeenHedgehog

guytrance
  • guytrance

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:24 PM

Yup, working here just fine, here's what happens when I click it: https://gfycat.com/ScentedKeenHedgehog

lol, #cacheclearing

Thanx m8

• Spider-Vice likes this

bethany69
  • bethany69

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:22 PM

So since OpenIV is no more does this mean script hook is dead as well?

wootwoots
  • wootwoots

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:36 PM Edited by wootwoots, 19 June 2017 - 01:38 PM.

So since OpenIV is no more does this mean script hook is dead as well?

No idea, but i hope not :/

But would be really nice a little word to reassure everyone ^^

wootwoots
  • wootwoots

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:23 AM

I know its not really the right time for you considering the OPENIV situation, but since you know alexander blade, would it be possible to have a little word about the scripthook situation ?

Will an update will come ?

thanks

sachin_rocks22
  • sachin_rocks22

you picked the wrong house fool

• Members
  • India

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:20 PM

OK GREAT  NOW  scripthook IS ALSO DEAD ? THATS JUST GREAT .... JUST GREAT 

LOOK THE MESS YOU HAVE CAUSED HERE ROCKSTAR :r*: .I REGRET THAT I BOUGHT THE GAME , INSTEAD OF PIRATING IT . GREEDY TAKE TWO INTERACTIVE 

• bethany69 likes this

LeeC2202
  • LeeC2202

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 June 2017 - 11:07 AM

I haven't been able to connect to the dev-c.com website for the last 24 hours. Starting to think that the version of GTAV I am on, 1032 is the last one I will end up on.

Kinda annoying as I can't test my scripts compatibility with the latest update but if there is no ScriptHookV for the latest update, I guess that's not really a problem... I am more than happy to stay on 1032. I only have 36 seconds online play-time in 18 months and had no intention of increasing that, so it's all good for me.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users