Quantcast

» «
Photo

MOTW #61

72 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote for the best Mission of The Week (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for the best Mission Of The Week!

1. "Military Tent" by Next Previous (2 votes [15.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

2. "Brothers in arms" by Aflien (8 votes [61.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 61.54%

3. "The Black Project" by Frightwing (1 votes [7.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

4. "Heavy Fire Angel Pine" by Roxie (2 votes [15.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Delaware
  • Delaware

Dark creativity

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:01 PM Edited by Delaware, 23 March 2017 - 01:07 PM.

GBlYHlm.png

For rules and guidelines, click here!

Bxig4mG.png

MOTW #61
Theme: Military

Describtion:

The main protagonist has to be in the military. The mission can be based on infantry combat, military vehicle combat, hand-to-hand combat, stealth etc. - anything you like that represents the army and their activities.

Entries (4):

Military Tent

by Next Previous

Brothers in Arms

by Aflien

The Black Project

by Frightwing

Heavy Fire Angel Pine

by Roxie

PARTICIPATING DEADLINE: March 22nd, 2017.

VOTINGS: March 23rd - March 24th, 2017.

• Gregorio150 and Aftab like this

Aftab
  • Aftab

Da Paki Guy

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:13 PM

Just according to my trend! I'm sure to participate in it.  :lol:

Delaware
  • Delaware

Dark creativity

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:21 PM

Just according to my trend! I'm sure to participate in it.  :lol:

Good luck!

Aflien
  • Aflien

aka Nyhhichi

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:24 PM

Looking forward to it.

• Delaware likes this

Martin_Strada
  • Martin_Strada

Ain't no one better than you, bitch!

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:39 PM

Sounds very very good to me, i like Military!

• Delaware likes this

Next Previous
  • Next Previous

Lazy to write here, Sorry.

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:38 AM Edited by Next Previous, 18 March 2017 - 12:38 AM.

qwHucWf.png

Military Tent

That's my mission :D i hope you like it

• Huzaifa khan and Martin_Strada like this

Delaware
  • Delaware

Dark creativity

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:41 AM

qwHucWf.png

Military Tent

That's my mission :D i hope you like it

Your mission has been added, considering it meets the requirements. Thank you for participating! You may wait for the deadline now.

Martin_Strada
  • Martin_Strada

Ain't no one better than you, bitch!

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:26 AM

Damn, my mission is crashed, well im not do mission about military..... :/

Delaware
  • Delaware

Dark creativity

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:31 AM

Damn, my mission is crashed, well im not do mission about military..... :/

Sorry to hear that. Take in mind, that you still have 4 days left. Take your time if you want to, I strongly encourage you to do it.

Roxie
  • Roxie

Trying my best to avoid being a Tomato

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:01 AM

i like this theme
i participate

• Delaware likes this

Aftab
  • Aftab

Da Paki Guy

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:16 AM

22nd March! Well, I would try my best to post my mission in time...

• Delaware likes this

Gregorio150
  • Gregorio150

As Jhan Dave

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:45 AM

Good theme for me, but can't participate, good luck to all participants.

• Delaware likes this

Aflien
  • Aflien

aka Nyhhichi

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:29 PM

Damn, I'm hitting DYOM limits again with my mission. I had to cut half of the mission. Then cut half of the actors in the first part. And yet I hit the actor limit and objective limit. Even 200 actors and objectives would be too small when I get an excellent idea.

I'll continue to work our out the issues. One way or another I'm participating.

Delaware
  • Delaware

Dark creativity

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:40 PM

Damn, I'm hitting DYOM limits again with my mission. I had to cut half of the mission. Then cut half of the actors in the first part. And yet I hit the actor limit and objective limit. Even 200 actors and objectives would be too small when I get an excellent idea.

I'll continue to work our out the issues. One way or another I'm participating.

Balancing the ammount of objectives/actors with the plot and/or your ideas for the mission can be an issue sometimes. On the other hand, that's the art of making a professional single mission. Good luck designing yours, Aflien!

• Gregorio150 and Aftab like this

Target13
  • Target13

Beyond creativity

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • DYOM Mission of the Year 2013 [No Age Limit]

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:49 AM

I regret to inform that I will not participate in this week's contest. Seeing as my last MOTW mission was already Military themed, I don't want to do another military mission so soon.

I am however looking forward to your missions and I'll try to review each of them like the last time.

Good luck everyone!

• Aflien, Gregorio150, Aftab and 2 others like this

Delaware
  • Delaware

Dark creativity

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:19 AM Edited by Delaware, 21 March 2017 - 05:21 AM.

Participating deadline is almost up. If anyone is designing, I suggest to hurry with their missions.

• Gregorio150 likes this

Aflien
  • Aflien

aka Nyhhichi

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:00 PM

I'm going to upload my entry by tomorrow.

C'mon people. There are tons of war themed packs in the showroom and yet only Next Previous made a mission for MOTW. (and myself)

• Delaware likes this

Next Previous
  • Next Previous

Lazy to write here, Sorry.

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:45 PM

I know this strategy, Everyone thinks that the last missions that are played or uploaded will get more votes, because people think that if they play my mission from the first day i uploaded it, then play The latest mission, the latest mission will look like a new and mine is old, and already played it, or to steal some ideas from the old mission XD (joke). some kind of things like this, i don't know how to explain it well. but however it doesn't matter when you upload ur mission, the only thing that matters that you've already participated and made a mission that some players may enjoy it, no need to win :D

• Delaware likes this

Aflien
  • Aflien

aka Nyhhichi

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:33 PM

I admit, I purposely stretched the designing and decided to post it later. I did only because I didn't want to give anyone any cool ideas. I've seen the idea borrowing here and there. I want diversity, not recycling and sometimes to achieve it you have to play dirty a little.

I am not fully done. I've been busy with other stuff in the meantime, there are some little tweaks here and there. As soon as its finished it will be posted.

Huzaifa khan
  • Huzaifa khan

♠♠The Gangsta‘♠♠

• Members
  • Pakistan
  • DYOM Mission of the Year 2016 [Code Of Silence]

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:35 PM Edited by Huzaifa khan, 21 March 2017 - 02:37 PM.

Can't participate in the contest. Busy with other sh*ts :D Anyways good luck to all :^:

sapert
  • sapert

8-ball

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:59 PM

So... How much time still left? and in which timezone? (for example: GMT, PST etc.) Can you explain me, please?  :/

Mister Busta
  • Mister Busta

Busta

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:58 PM

If there are not enough participants, you should extend the deadline

Aftab
  • Aftab

Da Paki Guy

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:47 PM

I might be busy tomorrow. That's why I can't participate. But if you extend the deadline, I will think about it.
I fancy that you should extend it for two days of you what. It's just my opinion.

Delaware
  • Delaware

Dark creativity

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:46 PM

I might be busy tomorrow. That's why I can't participate. But if you extend the deadline, I will think about it.
I fancy that you should extend it for two days of you what. It's just my opinion.

Unfortunately, that's something I am not able to do. DYOM takes one week, not more or less - no extensions this time.

Aflien
  • Aflien

aka Nyhhichi

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:09 PM

DYOM site is still ridiculous with the upload limit, I noticed. I am unable to upload my entry to the DYOM site without cutting the sound or spend even more time to make the sound 8bit, so It won't be ''big size''

I am not going to cut anything now that everything is as I planned and wanted. To hell with the DYOM site and its limits.

Here it is: http://www.mediafire...3i2k/MOTW61.zip

Its a 20mb file. Sound is the reason for the size and I want it just the way it is and I'm not going to downsize or god-forbid cut it.

I have a super sh*tty internet connection and yet the size doesn't bother me, neither should anyone else.

Mission 1 ''Brothers in arms'' works like a standalone. And its the mission that is participating. This mission ONLY.

Also you will notice a 'bonus mission'. Like its name suggests its a bonus mission that DOESN'T participate in MOTW. I had an idea in mind and I wanted to put it in game. In order for it to be full and complete I had to make two (2) missions. I couldn't leave it at just first one. I like it too much to leave it that way. So I made a compromise and included both mission in a single rar.

HOWEVER!

Bonus mission is currently locked under a password untill the voting is complete so the voting is fair, and you will be voting for the first mission only. No one will play the bonus untill its all over so it won't affect anyone's judgment.

I will share the password when its all over and everyone interested will be able to experience my work fully.

I just hope you understood what I said.

Delaware
  • Delaware

Dark creativity

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:24 PM

DYOM site is still ridiculous with the upload limit, I noticed. I am unable to upload my entry to the DYOM site without cutting the sound or spend even more time to make the sound 8bit, so It won't be ''big size''

I am not going to cut anything now that everything is as I planned and wanted. To hell with the DYOM site and its limits.

Here it is: http://www.mediafire...3i2k/MOTW61.zip

Its a 20mb file. Sound is the reason for the size and I want it just the way it is and I'm not going to downsize or god-forbid cut it.

I have a super sh*tty internet connection and yet the size doesn't bother me, neither should anyone else.

Mission 1 ''Brothers in arms'' works like a standalone. And its the mission that is participating. This mission ONLY.

Also you will notice a 'bonus mission'. Like its name suggests its a bonus mission that DOESN'T participate in MOTW. I had an idea in mind and I wanted to put it in game. In order for it to be full and complete I had to make two (2) missions. I couldn't leave it at just first one. I like it too much to leave it that way. So I made a compromise and included both mission in a single rar.

HOWEVER!

Bonus mission is currently locked under a password untill the voting is complete so the voting is fair, and you will be voting for the first mission only. No one will play the bonus untill its all over so it won't affect anyone's judgment.

I will share the password when its all over and everyone interested will be able to experience my work fully.

I just hope you understood what I said.

"Brothers and Arms" has been added as an entry.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Daily Globe
  • Serbia
  • Contribution Award [DYOM]

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:58 PM Edited by AnDReJ98, 22 March 2017 - 12:33 AM.

@Aflien You can always try the online sound compression. You won't really notice any changes or loss in sound quality but you will achieve smaller sound file size. I've used that thing before when i had problems with uploading demo of V for Vinegar. The archive was over 50mb and i managed to suppress file size to 6mb and still couldn't upload it since the website size limit is 5mb pff (it used to be 10mb before). All in all, it can be useful.

@Delaware It's allowed to extend the deadline in certain circumstances (like not having enough participants). You can do it if there's a need to do so.

• Mister Busta likes this

Frightwing
  • Frightwing

Frightwing

• Members
  • India

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:41 AM

This is the link for my mission for MOTW#61 [theme: military]

http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/46895

Delaware
  • Delaware

Dark creativity

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:16 PM

@Aflien You can always try the online sound compression. You won't really notice any changes or loss in sound quality but you will achieve smaller sound file size. I've used that thing before when i had problems with uploading demo of V for Vinegar. The archive was over 50mb and i managed to suppress file size to 6mb and still couldn't upload it since the website size limit is 5mb pff (it used to be 10mb before). All in all, it can be useful.

@Delaware It's allowed to extend the deadline in certain circumstances (like not having enough participants). You can do it if there's a need to do so.

Alright, so here's that. Today is the last day for participating, we will vote tommorow and the day after. I am not extending the deadline since we already have 3 participants, though take note, that there is still time to post your mission.

Roxie
  • Roxie

Trying my best to avoid being a Tomato

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:07 PM

here is my Mission
http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/46896

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users