Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which GTA Game Do You Think Had The Hardest Missions?

39 replies to this topic
SuspensionXD
  • SuspensionXD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 March 2017 - 05:53 AM

After playing the trilogy, GTA LCS, VCS, (but never finishing), GTA 4 and all of it's expansions, and now finally GTA V, I have to say the game with the hardest missions is a tie between Vice City and Liberty City Stores. I'm not sure why, but on my first playthrough of VC, I always found myself dying during that one bank heist mission, and other various missions. As for LCS, I remember just having the hardest time ever on some of the missions on Staunton, (but this was many years ago, currently planning on doing another playthrough on the android port). Which game in the series did you guys find having a difficult time with and why?

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:06 AM

GTA 3. S.A.M., Payday for Ray, Espresso 2 Go, A Drop In The Ocean and The Exchange are all pretty difficult, while later GTA games became a lot more straight forward, 3 as well as VC often required the player to experiment with some trial and error to figure out the best strategy to get the missions done.

• universetwisters, vnus_dmlo and Maibatsu545 like this

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:00 PM

vice city and gta 3 can't play those without cheets better yet all the 3d gta games
  • VictorVince1239 likes this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

Boy You Make Me Make Bad Decisions

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:22 PM

GTA 3.
  • universetwisters and VictorVince1239 like this

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:41 PM Edited by Yinepi, 17 March 2017 - 02:49 PM.

I would say GTA1. With lack of proper aiming, no respawning, no checkpoints, often not many health pickups, no mini-map, plus a timer for most missions, makes missions more tedious than need be.

GTA 2 was little bit easier, but still quite difficult.

GTA3 seemed difficult because of the low amount of health and overpowered weapon damage, but was easier than the previous two.

VC got a bit more streamlined, but still had a few difficult missions.

San Andreas is when Rockstar made the game hold your hand. Likely because video gaming was in a phase of becoming more "mainstream" medium at the time and they [Rockstar] were trying to attract larger audience.

Donatello
  • Donatello

Anyone for stickball? I've got a stick. You be the ball.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:56 PM

GTA Online.
  • theGTAking101 and Neon_Dreaming like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 March 2017 - 05:56 PM

V had the hardest ones. It took me seven weeks to finally beat "Boiler Suits".
  • Tycek, theGTAking101, Bender and 8 others like this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

My music's my favourite music ever.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:12 PM

I had the most problems with San Andreas, but I haven't played GTA1 at that time...

• Mister Pink likes this

VictorVince1239
  • VictorVince1239

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:53 PM

I still haven't beaten GTA 3 or Vice City. That's how hard it was for me so I choose those 2 as a tie. 

eCola
  • eCola

Homie

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:59 AM

GTA London 1961. Don't play it unless you like timed missions.

• Tycek, Jeansowaty and Stoney0503 like this

bananaking13
  • bananaking13

if you like anime, you're an insecure tasty-ass fruit

• Members
  • Seychelles

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:31 PM

III, followed by SA and then Vice City. V was the easiest. GTA 2 and IV I only played a few missions so I won't say anything.

Asuka Kasen's missions in III was basically the game sh*tting on you, and Ray/Love's missions were scary too. I started Love's mission where you kill Kenji and because you can't achieve 100% when you do it I had to restart and it took me a week to continue from where I left off. SAM made me break my computer and A Drop in the Ocean is actually easy. The van mission was very easy but it was very annoying so I just sat on top of the van, took a break and finished the mission.

Decoy was incredibly hard, I don't think any GTA mission got you 5* other than in VC or V.

For SA, I got nightmares from Freefall. It took me a week to finish it, and jumping outside of the plane... Heck. The Los Santos (1st missions) were very hard for me, I was stuck on every strand at least a mission. For Big Smoke, the train mission, for Cesar, the lowrider race, for Ryder, Robbing Uncle Sam, for Tenpenny, Burning Desire and for Sweet I used to get stuck in Cesar Vialpando on the first time I ever played the game (I was 5) I thought you used the arrow keys. Disasterous. My cousin played the game for me so everything was easy after that until Jizzy, for some reason it was very hard. I finished it once and was like "Wow, it's the W logo on the radar!" I didn't know who on earth Woozie is. So I played his mission and the game crashed so I had to restart because I didn't save. The Driving School was hard but it didn't take me long, the Flight School is cruel, It took me about a year to finish it. Literally. Well, I'll admit that I didn't play SA for like 8 months.

Next up, VC. Nothing special, same with V. I finished the storyline really quick. V had hard heists while VC had the asset collecting as it's hard missions. Also Sir, Yes Sir! was hard.

SuspensionXD
  • SuspensionXD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:05 PM

I'm surprised everyone had a hard time with III. I found III to be not all too challenging, but nothing too difficult. I don't know, maybe it's because I did early Hidden Package hunting.

• Yinepi likes this

Rafae
  • Rafae

Boss

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:10 AM

GTA III by far... in comparison to the others at least. As a standalone game it's not too bad.

LincolnClay
  • LincolnClay

F*ck Take Two Interactive...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:29 AM

This is gonna sound really silly but I found that one mission where Victor Vance has to control a hoverboat thing around the sea and pick up cocaine really hard. Never finished the game because the controls were just...weird.

But that's nothing compared to some of III's missions. F*cking hell, I spent hours as a kid trying to complete that game to 100%. Never did. Because I didn't have the patience to find all the hidden packages, mostly.

The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

Omm

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:43 AM

I find gta V & TBOGT as hard as steel.
Others are easy & I've completed those without cheats.

joyrider00
  • joyrider00

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:01 AM

Vice City and GTA 3 had some tough missions largely thanks to piss poor shooting controls on PS2

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Three stars

• Facade Corporation
  • European-Union

Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:30 PM

III and San Andreas.

crooky369
  • crooky369

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:26 AM

Probably VCS. 

That damn mission moving the moonshine in the warehouse burning down was just so fiddly.  Also the mission which starts with so much promise and one of the best mission starts ever with It's Like That by RUN DMC playing as you speed through the air turns into a very tricky mission that required extreme accuracy. 

Off the top my head also the mission on San Andreas shooting down the toy planes was probably the hardest ever. As an honourable mention when Bulgarian comes to kill you on TBOGT is by far the hardest mission of that game. So many enemies with powerful weapons at so many levels was really tricky to live with. My PS3 certainly couldn't and the framerate tanked making the mission even harder... 

Johnny Spaz
  • Johnny Spaz

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:43 PM

San Andreas only because it took me a month to pass N.O.E.

GettheTrainCJ
  • GettheTrainCJ

Train Chaser

• Members
  • South-Korea

Posted 31 March 2017 - 07:31 AM

I'll say...

- 3 : Bomb Da Base

- VC : Nope.

- SA : Freefall on PC, and Green Goo & Military Service on iOS.

- Advance : SMACKDOWN. I got no hope to beat this mission unless I found out there was actually a shortcut linking between Pike Creek & Wichita Gardens.

- LCS : The Shoreside Redemption. It was so challenging.

- VCS : White Lies. That horrible hovercraft......

- 4 & 5 were too easy for me

SoulForger
  • SoulForger

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 31 March 2017 - 07:42 AM Edited by SoulForger, 31 March 2017 - 07:43 AM.

GTA San Andreas without using supercheats it was heavy , End of the Line 90.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:38 AM

This topic again? GTA London 1961 - end of the discussion. If you can beat these, without save, where one shot kills you and armor can hold 3 shots, you'll never find any mission hard.

• Jeansowaty and eCola like this

Maibatsu545
  • Maibatsu545

veritas vos liberabit

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2017 - 11:49 PM

GTA3. I'd like to see the casuals who love V try some of those missions, they'll be pissing their pants in rage in under an hour.

vnus_dmlo
  • vnus_dmlo

The Judge

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 April 2017 - 12:33 AM

3 seemed the hardest though i cant help but feel people remember these games as much harder than they were if you were very young when first playing them, even 3 is relatively easy aside from a few testing missions that may require a couple tries

Semtex tk
  • Semtex tk

GTA pro

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:00 PM

f*ck u GTA vcs that game was a bitch

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 11 April 2017 - 12:58 AM

San Andreas by far followed by Vice City. 

San Andreas introduced the BMX/bikes for the first time and flying planes for the first time so things like the getting gold in the flight school and the BMX challenge was extremely hard. Getting gold in driving school missions was a pain in the hole and the downhill challenge was so hard. 

Missions for Berkely were difficult as well as the "all you had to do was follow the man train CJ" mission. 

The final mission End Of The Line was very difficult too. 

• Ya Boy Punk Fan and Payne Killer like this

Gettin up
  • Gettin up

Thug

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:39 AM

GTA 2.

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:47 AM

Gta 3 .

LaBombaRomba
  • LaBombaRomba

Straya. "Fear denies faith", ⌐■_■

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 April 2017 - 06:26 AM

Can't speak much of 3 or the games before it, as I've played very little of them.

That aside, San Andreas followed by Vice City

Steezy.
  • Steezy.

Dimension Shifter

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2017 - 06:06 PM

Gta 3. A lot of the hard missions in Vice City I managed to complete on the first try.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users