Quantcast

» «
Photo

Game crashing during startup load screen.

11 replies to this topic
OptiCog
  • OptiCog

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Playing the Steam version and it was perfectly fine last week. I start it up today and it crashes every time it goes into the loading screen. How do I fix this? I uninstalled and reinstalled it, no luck.

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Wannabe Completionist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 6 days ago

Do you get any error messages? What hardware are you running it on? What operating system? Do you have a laptop or a desktop? Do you use a physical copy, the Steam version, or the retail version?

OptiCog
  • OptiCog

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago Edited by OptiCog, 6 days ago.

Do you get any error messages? What hardware are you running it on? What operating system? Do you have a laptop or a desktop? Do you use a physical copy, the Steam version, or the retail version?

Steam version on PC. Windows 10 running an i7 6900 and a GTX 1070, 16gb of RAM... My PC can more than handle the game. The only message I get is that the game crashed unexpectedly.

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Wannabe Completionist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 6 days ago

Steam version on PC. Windows 10 running an i7 6900 and a GTX 1070, 16gb of RAM... My PC can more than handle the game. The only message I get is that the game crashed unexpectedly.

What has changed since before it started crashing? Did you update any drivers, change any files, download the new update, etc.?

OptiCog
  • OptiCog

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

What has changed since before it started crashing? Did you update any drivers, change any files, download the new update, etc.?

Nothing I'm aware of.

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Wannabe Completionist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 6 days ago

Nothing I'm aware of.

Have you ever installed any mods, at all, ever? Be honest, I'm not here to judge. If you have installed mods, I think I know the solution.

OptiCog
  • OptiCog

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

Nothing I'm aware of.

Have you ever installed any mods, at all, ever? Be honest, I'm not here to judge. If you have installed mods, I think I know the solution.

I installed a graphics mod four months ago.

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Wannabe Completionist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 6 days ago

You're probably gonna have to delete your entire game folder and try again. Also rename your Rockstar Games folder (in your documents) to something else, so it's as if you're first running the game ever. Let me know how that goes.

OptiCog
  • OptiCog

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

You're probably gonna have to delete your entire game folder and try again. Also rename your Rockstar Games folder (in your documents) to something else, so it's as if you're first running the game ever. Let me know how that goes.

Wouldn't uninstalling and re-installing it have already done that?

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Wannabe Completionist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 6 days ago

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. It's better to make sure the game has been completely and utterly scrubbed from your PC.

OptiCog
  • OptiCog

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. It's better to make sure the game has been completely and utterly scrubbed from your PC.

Before re-downloading it, I deleted the GTA5 file from SteamApps and My Documents. Are there any other locations I will need to check?

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Wannabe Completionist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 5 days ago

Before re-downloading it, I deleted the GTA5 file from SteamApps and My Documents. Are there any other locations I will need to check?

You could use a program like CCleaner to scrub every remnant of it from your registry, but I don't think that's necessary. It's worth a try though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users