Who's the worse character in gta 5?

91 replies to this topic
Margaret-
  • Margaret-

Fidget Killer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

There's a few characters I don't like but no one annoyed me quite like Jimmy did.

orangecop
  • orangecop

Thug Life!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by orangecop, 4 weeks ago.

Oh my god. Are ya'll gone crazy? Whh do you Jimbo/Jizzle? Don't forget he saved Michael's ass in Meltdown, eh? Btw, the worst in POV is 'Tonya Wiggins'. Hate that b*tch.

Arnold165
  • Arnold165

GTA Veteran since GTA III

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Siemon, I will say :p. He doesn't stop texting me or calling me on GTAO to steal vehicles like buzz off, no one likes you!
  • SmokesWithCigs likes this

Ronno
  • Ronno

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 3 weeks ago

Jimmy De Santa.

RoscoeHussein
  • RoscoeHussein

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Michael's whole family/Aunt Denise/Tanya

Jammsbro
  • Jammsbro

Pogo 4 life

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 3 weeks ago

TONYA

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Beverly. what a douchbag. at least you get the satisfaction of killing him on his last mission.

• theGTAking101 likes this

Noblecheesehead
  • Noblecheesehead

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Franklin's aunt was always unbearable to be around.

KoolAidBoi
  • KoolAidBoi

Tha memba

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by KoolAidBoi, 2 weeks ago.

Franklin, he's the most boring character in the entire GTA series. Even the unnamed GTA SA peds are more interesting.

• Payne Killer likes this

Carlos JR
  • Carlos JR

Player Hater

• Members
  • Nigeria

Posted A week ago

to me is: Michael di Santa,d way he walks,betrays his friends and he has no remorse or feelings about it

Ray's Occult Books
  • Ray's Occult Books

Prankster

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago Edited by Ray's Occult Books, A week ago.

Michael without a doubt,
He's a self centred all important self promoting rat,
Gets named on the credits in a cheap ass movie,
then thinks he's James Cameron,
the cutscenes of him at the movie studio are cringe worthy and shows him as
very arrogant and an absolute asshole.

Wiseguy94
  • Wiseguy94

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Wiseguy94, A week ago.

I'd say Franklin for the worst protagonist. He's a blank slate except for his petulance and manipulative behavior. If he's not being apathetic and bland, he's trying to goad people into following his wishes. He's obsessed with Tanisha because she's one of the few people he can't manipulate and gravitates toward Michael using his narcissism as a tool to get easy cash (just look at the Big Score). A protagonist is supposed to be one of the most interesting characters in a story and Franklin's just too apathetic for that. He's not fun, he's not interesting, all he cares about is money. I'd put Niko "poor me" Bellic above Franklin in terms of protagonists. However, I will say Shawn Fonteno did a good job with the voice work even though he wasn't given as much to work with compared to Ned Luke, Steven Ogg and Slink Johnson.

The worst supporting character has got to be Dave Norton for the same reasons as Franklin. He's just too bland and bleached out. No personality whatsoever. The other characters have better deuteragonists. Lamar and Ron are funny and quirky. Dave is just the kind of guy who'd be found dead in his office from a self-inflicted gunshot wound and the player wouldn't care one bit.

Worst side character? That man-hating exercise lady who insults all three protagonists throughout their races. Too bad she never got karma for her attitude problem. Also the character reinforces the notion that GTA V really hates women. They're all either strippers, prostitutes, hipsters, airheads or bitches. 

Between all three categories? Dave's the worst for having the very least personality and absolutely zero development. If Franklin has 5%, Davey has 0. He's Steve's manservant and that's it. 

.Smaher.
  • .Smaher.

Mr. Triangle Man

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Steve Haines. He's the worst.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

I've just killed Trevor again after finishing my second play through. Oh it was nice to be reminded how much great fun it is chasing the punk m*therf*cker down, putting a bullet in his head, and watching him burn slow in the fire like meat on a barbecue. 

• MiamiViceCity and Niobium like this

Cheatz_N_Trickz
  • Cheatz_N_Trickz

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 6 days ago

Worst character due to generally bad writing and just all-around comparitive blandness and existential pointlessness?

Franklin.
  • Wiseguy94 likes this

MechanicMammal
  • MechanicMammal

Trick

• Members

Posted 6 days ago

I did not like any of the main character's tbh I could not relate to any of them.

Which is a shame because I have liked and could relate to all the protagonists since Vice City, Tommy, Carl, Nico, Johnny etc. Even Mute Claude from gta 3 had a more likeable personality than those 3.

Playing as Trevor on the first play through was funny at times when you switched to him and saw what he had been up to like waking up naked on the train tracks etc, but that became stale pretty quick and he is to much of a Bottom hole for my liking.

Franklin well he is boredom personified and he used to bitch about everyone and everything, its just not fair is it Frank.

Michael well he is a self centered jerk and his family are repulsive.

Please Rstar if you do a single player GTA6 go back to concentrating on 1 protagonist.

Supporting characters were ok, most of the time but some I have grown to hate during online (mainly by doing heists to keep being able to afford new content and having to listen to Lester) but that is due to hearing him so many times online but I loved running into characters like Packie for example.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 5 days ago

I've just killed Trevor again after finishing my second play through. Oh it was nice to be reminded how much great fun it is chasing the punk m*therf*cker down, putting a bullet in his head, and watching him burn slow in the fire like meat on a barbecue.

I've tried looking for the gif to put into my about me page, but haven't found one yet. So I have Johnny stomping his head in instead.;)
  • Official General and Niobium like this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago Edited by Official General, 5 days ago.

I've tried looking for the gif to put into my about me page, but haven't found one yet. So I have Johnny stomping his head in instead. ;)

Best part of that, was seeing Franklin and Michael collaborate to kill the fool, I totally forgot that Michael assists (it's been that long since I first finished the story). It makes you wonder that they both had independently and secretly had thoughts on killing Trevor before actual event. 

• MiamiViceCity likes this

Wiseguy94
  • Wiseguy94

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago Edited by Wiseguy94, 5 days ago.

I've tried looking for the gif to put into my about me page, but haven't found one yet. So I have Johnny stomping his head in instead. ;)

Best part of that, was seeing Franklin and Michael collaborate to kill the fool, I totally forgot that Michael assists (it's been that long since I first finished the story). It makes you wonder that they both had independently and secretly had thoughts on killing Trevor before actual event. 

Personally I think it makes more sense for Franklin to kill Michael TBH. Franklin's a true psychopath who pretends to like people and then discards them when he finds them a threat, and Michael's demise has Franklin call him out for being a snitch who would sell Franklin out for pocket change to save his ass. When he kills Trevor it's more of a "Hey, sorry, I like you but you crazy whatever man shut up and take it." Trevor even admits that he's not going to kill Michael, thus confirming he's more loyal than Michael ever was. With Michael, it feels like there's a motivation behind it. It's also the most tragic and emotional as it confirms Amanda's fears and further ruins Jimmy's miserable life. The odds of Michael stabbing Franklin in the back to retire in peace once again are very high. Still I always choose Option C because I like Michael and Trevor in their own ways. 

I don't know how you can find that annoying punk Stretch, Steve Haines and Devin Weston (who tried to kill Michael's family in the biggest dick move in the entire series) as characters deserving of mercy when they were written to be as obnoxious as humanly possible. They were written as clay for the player to shoot out of the sky. Why would Michael let Devin and Steve live when they could very easily come back at him? It's your choice, though. We'll agree to disagree on Trevor. 

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago Edited by Official General, 5 days ago.

Personally I think it makes more sense for Franklin to kill Michael TBH. Franklin's a true psychopath who pretends to like people and then discards them when he finds them a threat, and Michael's demise has Franklin call him out for being a snitch who would sell Franklin out for pocket change to save his ass. When he kills Trevor it's more of a "Hey, sorry, I like you but you crazy whatever man shut up and take it." Trevor even admits that he's not going to kill Michael, thus confirming he's more loyal than Michael ever was. With Michael, it feels like there's a motivation behind it. It's also the most tragic and emotional as it confirms Amanda's fears and further ruins Jimmy's miserable life. The odds of Michael stabbing Franklin in the back to retire in peace once again are very high. Still I always choose Option C because I like Michael and Trevor in their own ways. 

I don't know how you can find that annoying punk Stretch, Steve Haines and Devin Weston (who tried to kill Michael's family in the biggest dick move in the entire series) as characters deserving of mercy when they were written to be as obnoxious as humanly possible. They were written as clay for the player to shoot out of the sky. Why would Michael let Devin and Steve live when they could very easily come back at him? It's your choice, though. We'll agree to disagree on Trevor. 

Trevor's loyalty don't mean sh*t to me to be honest. I just cannot stand his excessively wild and psychotic behaviour and mannerisms, not forgetting his penchant for random, meaningless violence and murderous activities. In my opinion, he could have just as easily turned on Michael or Franklin and killed them at a moments notice, so for me it made sense to get rid of the threat of that, therefor killing him. I also didn't like the way he sometimes tried to bully Franklin, and the very derogatory manner in which he spoke to Franklin's Aunt Denise (as annoying as she is), was very disrespectful and well out of order. It was very plausible that Franklin would have liked to kill Trevor at some point later down the line. And the fact that both Dave and Haines stated Trevor had to die gave more of a strategic reason for me to choose that option. Michael no longer had the threat of Trevor's wild, unpredictable person hanging like a dark cloud over his head, and Franklin and Michael could continue their friendship without interference from him also. 

* Steve Haines - such a weak and forgettable antagonist to the point that I didn't really hate him, I just wanted him to leave the protagonists alone and stop lumbering them with extremely boring FIB missions - once that was done, I had no ill-feeling toward him, after all he did pay them some money for some of the heists. And he clearly stated that the connection between him and Franklin was well and truly over - as for coming back, Michael and Franklin already carried out a heist to get all evidence the authorities had on them, and they got that, so comeback would have been unlikely.

* Weston - he's just a clown. A clown is all he is, can't take him too seriously. The family thing deserved vengeance, I can't lie - but I can roleplay that using my trainer on the PC version ;)

* Stretch - not really that important to get revenge on, when Franklin is living the life up in the Hills. 

Niobium
  • Niobium

fu*k dick two and fu*k cockstar.

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 5 days ago Edited by Niobium, 5 days ago.

trevor is not loyal

Wiseguy94
  • Wiseguy94

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

trevor is not loyal

More loyal than Michael, who is a known backstabber. The only times Trevor killed someone that he actually liked (that wasn't the player's choice) were when he felt threatened. He didn't like Johnny. He doesn't count. They weren't friends. Johnny was just a cuckold. Michael is the diabolical schemer of the two. He killed Brad and tried to kill Trevor because he didn't like their lifestyles and wanted out. It was a selfish choice for peace of mind, not self-defense. It doesn't appear that Trevor was as unstable in 2004 either. He didn't have his bizarre tattoos and his complexion was considerably cleaner. Michael contributed to worsening his mood disorder. Neither of them are as loyal as someone like Niko, but of the two Michael is the snake and Trevor is the hellraiser. I can't believe that I'm defending a cannibal and saying he has more moral fiber than Michael does (a testament to Rockstar's characterization) but Michael has very little moral fiber whatsoever. He keeps his family from getting killed and that's it. 

By the way, it seems like the canonical choice for the Epsilon missions is Michael betraying them, once again confirming that he's a turncoat at every corner. 

Maddened_Ghost
  • Maddened_Ghost

Calm Down

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

Fabien Flipping LaRouche ...Ze flippin' yogi

mjace72
  • mjace72

mjace72

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

O8sQT-TqP0iCLuy24aUMBA_0_0.jpg

This one.  Didn't get a name.

Niobium
  • Niobium

fu*k dick two and fu*k cockstar.

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 4 days ago

trevor is not loyal

More loyal than Michael, who is a known backstabber. The only times Trevor killed someone that he actually liked (that wasn't the player's choice) were when he felt threatened. He didn't like Johnny. He doesn't count. They weren't friends. Johnny was just a cuckold. Michael is the diabolical schemer of the two. He killed Brad and tried to kill Trevor because he didn't like their lifestyles and wanted out. It was a selfish choice for peace of mind, not self-defense. It doesn't appear that Trevor was as unstable in 2004 either. He didn't have his bizarre tattoos and his complexion was considerably cleaner. Michael contributed to worsening his mood disorder. Neither of them are as loyal as someone like Niko, but of the two Michael is the snake and Trevor is the hellraiser. I can't believe that I'm defending a cannibal and saying he has more moral fiber than Michael does (a testament to Rockstar's characterization) but Michael has very little moral fiber whatsoever. He keeps his family from getting killed and that's it. 

By the way, it seems like the canonical choice for the Epsilon missions is Michael betraying them, once again confirming that he's a turncoat at every corner. 

m88 johnny wasn't supposed to get back with ash in the first place

Ertan Soner
  • Ertan Soner

Legendary Commenter

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 4 days ago

I can't decide, all characters are boring and pointless

JakeDisselt
  • JakeDisselt

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 hours ago

IDK you're gonna have to be more specific. When you say 'worst' do you mean in terms of like they're the most horrible person and you'd literally not like to know him IRL or do you mean they're the least developed and most redundant and unnecessary of the characters?

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 12 hours ago

IDK you're gonna have to be more specific. When you say 'worst' do you mean in terms of like they're the most horrible person and you'd literally not like to know him IRL or do you mean they're the least developed and most redundant and unnecessary of the characters?

the latter

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 hours ago

Devin Weston and Scretch are both bags of wasted potential.

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 9 hours ago Edited by Journey_95, 9 hours ago.

Devin lame antagonist Weston

Agreed, he was a garbage antagonist and a worse version of Steve Haines (who at least ok but overall not memorable and way weaker than Dimitri, Tenpenny etc.).  

trevor is not loyal

Trevor is a hypocritical sh*t. He threats his "friends" like garbage (poor Wade is basically his slave and Ron isn't that much better either) and controls them with fear. He ruined Floyd's life and killed him and Debra just because..

It makes sense why Michael would betray him, he is a loose cannon and could kill anyone at any point.

I still think he can be entertaining and fun but in no way is he a loyal guy. I definitely prefer Michael as a character, he is more consistent and doesn't do things for shock value. Trevor's character had more potential but Rockstar just put every crazy thing they could think of in his character and he becomes messy as a result.

Franklin is still the worst GTA V protagonist though.

Johnny. That's why Trevor killed him.

I sense bait

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users