Quantcast

» «
Photo

The 'Pink' GTAs Discussion Thread.

26 replies to this topic

Poll: . (75 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of these Pink GTAs are liked by you?

1. Vice City (57 votes [39.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.86%

2. Vice City Stories (46 votes [32.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.17%

3. The Ballad Of Gay Tony (40 votes [27.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.97%

Best Pink GTA?

1. Vice City (42 votes [56.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.00%

2. Vice City Stories (25 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. The Ballad Of Gay Tony (8 votes [10.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote
The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

Joseph Stalin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:26 PM Edited by DIze, 16 March 2017 - 04:29 PM.

R* Games has introduced us 3 GTAs having 'Pink' as their main colors. They're listed at the vote bars. You can view em.
So, which Pink GTA(s) is(are) liked by you?
And which Pink GTA you like the most?
  • Jeansowaty and xXxKAMIKAZExXx like this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:33 PM Edited by DOUGL4S1, 16 March 2017 - 04:34 PM.

I don't think TBoGT has a pink theme, it has a colorful/rainbow theme, so I don't think it has a proper theme color, but I got whet you're saying.

I've completed Vice City and 100% TBoGT, but I can't mark both. I never played VCS, but I've heard some positive stuff about it.

For me, Vice City nailed its setting, you really feel immersed on a warm and tropical 80s Miami, which was quite hard for a game back then to accomplish, and i liked TBoGT's main plot, the other GTA that focus around running a club (that I can think of) was Vice City, and still, Malibu club played a very minor role on the story. And Vice City it was the first GTA I've played, so it has a Nostalgic value for me.

• The American Army 1775 likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The Mystic Peephole

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:20 PM Edited by B Dawg, 16 March 2017 - 05:21 PM.

Personally, The Ballad Of Gay Tony overdid it on the pink colors, which is one of the reasons I hate it. Apart from the hud, they also made the lighting awfully pink as well. Vice City kept it only on the hud/menus, and it had a lighter shade of pink that was more pleasant to the eye. It fit Vice City most importantly, while it didn't fit Liberty City at all.

Vice City Stories is the least pink, and best out of the three by far.

• anthony, Piggsy pls, ten-a-penny and 3 others like this

xXxKAMIKAZExXx
  • xXxKAMIKAZExXx

Stunt Pilot

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:32 PM

I really enjoyed Vice City Stories as it featured a lot of side activities and unique vehicles, as well as give us some background on the Vice City characters and environment.

TBoGT is an awesome DLC as it had a very diverse and crazy characters. Also, as much as I love GTA IV and TLAD, it was relief to bring back so fun into the game and not focus too much on the dark tones the original game had; in a way, it makes you appreciate both styles of theme in each story mode.

There's really not much to say about Vice City. It will always remain a classic :)

• Pastry, Payne Killer, SmokesWithCigs and 1 other like this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:03 PM

VCS. TBoGT isn't pink, it's rainbow, I hate rainbows.

• B Dawg, ten-a-penny, LincolnClay and 1 other like this

Bender
  • Bender

Swiss Army Dildo

• Daily Globe
  • Netherlands
  • Best Kitchen Appliance 2016

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:39 PM

You?

• B Dawg, Carbonox, ten-a-penny and 6 others like this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:10 PM

You?

Shh, let him think he's special for being too brutal.

• B Dawg, Payne Killer and LincolnClay like this

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:31 PM

Vice city and stories.

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:11 PM

Glad to see VCS getting some love.
  • B Dawg, ten-a-penny, Spadge and 5 others like this

The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

Joseph Stalin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:44 AM

TBOGT isn't pink, it's rainbow, I hate rainbows.

The whole DLC is based on pink color. Pink text, pink radar icons, pink hud, pinky sky, pink interiors (clubs) etc.
  • DoctorMike likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:26 AM

Vice City is the king.
  • Mister Pink, ProKiller93, Payne Killer and 3 others like this

DoctorMike
  • DoctorMike

I hope Everyone's having a great Day/Night

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:30 PM Edited by MikePhilips, 20 March 2017 - 02:01 AM.

Vice City Stories is such an underrated game, it did everything correctly. the color scheme isn't pink like VC and TBOGT, which is something that I liked about it. the pink color of the text and HUD, etc, suits the environment, it gives that classic 80s feels.
GTA TBOGT on the other hand is more like a Nightclub running kind of story, that's why it has the pink theme. and like the other users said, it overdid the pink colors. GTA VC and VCS had the classic 80s feel. but I'm gonna go with VCS because it was an underrated game and it had more features than GTA VC.
  • Algonquin Assassin, B Dawg, Meekail and 7 others like this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

My music's my favourite music ever.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:11 PM

I like them all to be honest, but I think the least appealing to me was TBOGT.

IlikeLatinaTits
  • IlikeLatinaTits

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • Brunei

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:49 AM

The Balled Of Gay Tony is a simply fabulous climax to the to the saga of the original & best GTA Game, so I'll go with TBOGT! 

• RogerWho and The American Army 1775 like this

Son of Zeus
  • Son of Zeus

Still King

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:59 AM Edited by Son of Zeus, 23 March 2017 - 05:59 AM.

Looks like we're running out of topics. VC is the best, TBoGT is just ugly.

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 March 2017 - 12:45 AM

VCS had a lot of bloom which helped the pink stand out. But I'd go with VC anyway.

assCRACK_98
  • assCRACK_98

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:47 AM Edited by Rodger Cheeto, 25 March 2017 - 09:58 AM.

VCS had more detail and neons and came across as more grimey. But I like the cleaner, brighter look of VC.
  • Payne Killer, LincolnClay and The American Army 1775 like this

The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

Joseph Stalin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:31 PM

TBOGT is not bad! It's a game of gentlemen!
  • mzt likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 28 March 2017 - 11:54 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 29 March 2017 - 12:03 AM.

I love pink neon and the pink/cyan contrast. 

I never completed VCS although watched it played a lot and played a good bit myself and I'm one of the few that like TBoGT. However, for me 2002, Vice City all the way. Nothing will replace that first time Vice City feel, checking out new criminal gangs, cruising the mall, Hawaiian shirts, pastel suits, amazing soundtrack and I love all the menu audio and alert audio in Vice City. Come to think of it, V's "Wasted" or "Misson Complete" music (is there even a mission complete jingle in V?) is forgettable. 

Anyway, Vice City for me. Will never forget it. I remember the first day I played in back in '02. I was a casual fan of III (don't think I ever completed III's story at that stage but sunk a lot of hours exploring and rampaging). Jumping on a motorbike for the first time while trying to get used to analogue sticks was really hard. Motorbikes were out of this world, so fast! The police felt more aggressive and it was the first time we got decent big interiors like the Vice Mall, the airport, Diaz's mansion and to a lesser extent Sunshine Autos which was a huge set up from the internet cafe in III and toilets in middle park. Interiors seemed like a magical concept back then, especially when free-roam GTA city-map's were brand new and exciting. It was such a fresh experience back then. 

On a sadder note, I'll be so excited for a new GTA but it's almost impossible to reclaim that wow factor back then. Being a teenager, being blown away by a new wave of videogaming. Must be like what people felt like when Hip Hop was new in late 70's/early 80's, or when they heard Elvis in 50's completely fresh, new exciting. 

I didn't even know they were making a new GTA after III. I just went around to my mates and it was out all ready and III still felt new. I didn't get it for myself for another 6 months to a year. I wasn't a big gamer back then. Got my own PS2, got Vice City, completed the story, mind was blown, totally hooked. Couldn't stop thinking about it. Then I watched Scarface alone at home one evening, smoked something and had one or two beers. I couldn't believe how much Scarface was in Vice City. I really enjoyed Scarface for the first time and it just solidified my love for GTA. As a young, impressionable teenager these two things just went hand in hand as an almost rite of passage for a delinquent kid trying to figure out the world and have as much fun at the same time.

And, as a big Rock fan but also an old-skool Electro/Hip Hop fan I knew a bunch of songs off Wildstyle and Hip Hop music was all ready exciting for me before gaming because you would play spot-the-sample, trying to figure out where the break-beat was knicked from or where a certain sound-bite was ripped from and finding the original always led to opening your mind to more exciting music. Vice City and GTA were like the Hip Hop gaming equivalent because there was always that pop-culture reference to find, who is that based on? What is this satirising etc, just like mining rap and hip-hop for samples GTA was lush with Rockstars influences. Wildstyle was one of our favourite films when we were kids, doing graffiti and then seeing a radio station called Wildstyle was cool. 

Then I saw a preview/review from local rental store about a new game called San Andreas. I remember it had a list of things you could, start/spread fires, it mentioned it had towns in between the multiple cities. I was like "WTF?! Multiple cities!?!? Towns in between? How big is this game?" It showed a little screenshot of the spaghetti junction. I was like "Holy crap, gimme that." We were only used to this one-city maps and now they're talking a big mountain, spaghetti junctions, countryside with small towns and hicks that populate them. My mind was blown. Anyway, that's a whole other story.

• Algonquin Assassin, Crimie and The American Army 1775 like this

Gettin up
  • Gettin up

Thug

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:42 AM

I have played TBoGT most of the three and I like it the most.

Johnny Spaz
  • Johnny Spaz

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:01 AM

VCS for me, never finished Vice City when I had it & TBoGT was good but I prefer VCS.

KYX
  • KYX

This is the best member title i could think of

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:54 PM

As much as i loved VCS and TBOGT, Vice City is king. It was the first to settle this "pink" trend.

Toreno6901
  • Toreno6901

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:54 AM

The Pink GTA Vice City cos it contains gameplay fun only
equal to GTA3 easily both the best games in the entire series.

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:15 PM

The pink goes with Vice City & Vice City Stories because of the setting & with the pastel colors that were big back in the 80's . TBOGT HUD being pink and all was different . I'd rather prefer it being in VC & VCS though because of the setting the both games were in .

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2017 - 08:14 AM

I like all 3, some people hate the pink LC but I liked it, was nice seeing LC in color, although the HUD gets kind of annoying so I just switch it off.
  • The Deadite and The American Army 1775 like this

The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

Joseph Stalin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:18 AM

I like all 3, some people hate the pink LC but I liked it, was nice seeing LC in color, although the HUD gets kind of annoying so I just switch it off.

The only thing I dislike about TBOGT is it's 'Fluorescent ' Blue Sky during the day in-game. And it's HUD, Texts and other things suit Liberty City's atmosphere IMO.
  • Payne Killer likes this

LaDiDa
  • LaDiDa

I'm only human

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:29 PM

Never really felt like VC was "pink" more like "light blue & pink" which felt very 80's :p

Atmosphere wise the best gta ever released.
  • assCRACK_98 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users