How to stop downloading updates

14 replies to this topic
SatyrMichal
  • SatyrMichal

Suckstar games* hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:03 PM

Hey guys, I am sick of downloading X gb stupid f*cking useless online updates, modding and wait for sript update, bacause of 3 new cars. 
Can you hepl me how to stop download new useless content, for windows legit version ? I don't have avast but eset nod, there is no such a choice like declaime gtavlauncher not to connect to internet. 
And If I put my internet connection out, Launcher will say something like is ERROR is not avaible to connect to internet try later. 

Zeta87
  • Zeta87

Homie

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:02 PM

Add -scOfflineOnly in Launch options?

Natasha
  • Natasha

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:19 PM

Which updates are you referring too? V updates or Windows updates? If it's V I wouldn't mind a fix for that either in truth as I don't play Online and they just keep me from getting into SP quicker.

SatyrMichal
  • SatyrMichal

Suckstar games* hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:58 PM

I don't have steam version, I said that before.  Had original but at dvds, not internet copy or cracked version.

Zeta87
  • Zeta87

Homie

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:21 PM

I don't have steam version, I said that before.  Had original but at dvds, not internet copy or cracked version.

http://imgur.com/a/96ptG

Yeah, but you still have this file. Add that line here.

SatyrMichal
  • SatyrMichal

Suckstar games* hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:27 PM

Ah ok thank you. 
should I add it at the start or at the end of that line. (before Launcher.exe or after)?

Zeta87
  • Zeta87

Homie

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:16 AM

Ah ok thank you. 
should I add it at the start or at the end of that line. (before Launcher.exe or after)?

After. Let me know if it works.

SatyrMichal
  • SatyrMichal

Suckstar games* hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:55 PM

Ah ok thank you. 

It's not work only change file name, this is not steam there is easy how to end this useless updates full of sh*ts

tigertoddy2008
  • tigertoddy2008

Peon

• Members

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:36 PM Edited by tigertoddy2008, 21 March 2017 - 03:38 PM.

Ah ok thank you. 

It's not work only change file name, this is not steam there is easy how to end this useless updates full of sh*ts

Right click on playgtav, select properties.  You'll see a box labeled "target", after playgtav.exe type in "-scofflineonly" without the quotes.  Remember to leave a space between .exe and what you're typing in.  Click apply, then ok, and open gta from the shortcut you just made.

If there's no mention of "target" in any of those tabs that come up, I can't help you.  Looks like a windows 8/10 thing where you can't add command line options.

• Natasha likes this

Natasha
  • Natasha

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:50 PM

Right click on playgtav, select properties.  You'll see a box labeled "target", after playgtav.exe type in "-scofflineonly" without the quotes.  Remember to leave a space between .exe and what you're typing in.  Click apply, then ok, and open gta from the shortcut you just made.

If there's no mention of "target" in any of those tabs that come up, I can't help you.  Looks like a windows 8/10 thing where you can't add command line options.

I'm going to give this a try because everytime I go to jump ingame when I've a spare half hour I spend 20 minutes doing updates which does nothing to change my experience ingame! :^:

BigBadMF
  • BigBadMF

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 5 days ago

The one problem I was having was that whenever an update appeared, I would have to wait for scripthook to be updated as well.

Now, when there is an update, and GTA V begins to download, I shut it off, then I start the game using my offline icon.

This way I can still play while waiting for scripthook to be be updated and I do not miss my daily fix. :D

Ducky is King
  • Ducky is King

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

theres a work around for this on gta5-mods.com

also block the exe's in your firewall.  the commandline stuff doesnt work for retail versions.  i tried that/

otto62
  • otto62

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago Edited by otto62, 4 days ago.

I agree 100% with original post...WTF Rockfarts? Sell me a damn story mode only version if ur that @#%$!! cheap.

I have a retail DVD version (PC) GTA V (no steam) and was having trouble with these instructions & getting the same errors as many others and having the same unsuccessful results; HOWEVER I found a different way of doing what ever it is we're supposed to be doing (on another site)
Instructions for game start without being online i.e. Story Mode PC (only)...

1st Open the cmd (command) console as administrator and type:

cd c:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V

(lower case okay)
Click ENTER then type:

GTAVLauncher.exe -scOfflineOnly

Then click enter and your game should start in story mode

NOTE:
1st time the social club login screen had different options & I logged into game without being online (no checking for DLs) BUT the next time I logged in (same method) I got a message saying I hadn't logged in or out last session or something & indicated I'd have to log in online before it would resume my request to start game so I logged in NOT using the edit launcher method (online) then quit game and yes next time I tried the cmd prompt method it worked offline again SO I believe (hope) if you log in online and it wants to update just cancel before downloads complete it 'should' allow the next offline attempt to go through error free (fingers X-ed) so you can play while waiting for new Script Hook V version.

THIS WILL NOT HELP THOSE WITHOUT INTERNET ACCESS (& I think that F-ing sucks too).

ALSO...
I'm not sure exactly how or if possible to create a shortcut for the cmd execution SO I just created a notepad file on the desktop with the 2 commands so I can just paste them into cmd line 1 at a time [right click on blank area of command window then select paste (keyboard shortcuts won't work)].
So to date that's where I'm at on this subject as I now wait for the trainer update (hopefully the last F-ing time). 
If anyone can expand, exchange, enhance, rebut or refute anything on this subject your input is welcome & appreciated
thx & good luck all

HvyMetal55
  • HvyMetal55

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago

I agree 100% with original post...WTF Rockfarts? Sell me a damn story mode only version if ur that @#%$!! cheap.

I have a retail DVD version (PC) GTA V (no steam) and was having trouble with these instructions & getting the same errors as many others and having the same unsuccessful results; HOWEVER I found a different way of doing what ever it is we're supposed to be doing (on another site)

(lower case okay)
Click ENTER then type:

NOTE:
1st time the social club login screen had different options & I logged into game without being online (no checking for DLs) BUT the next time I logged in (same method) I got a message saying I hadn't logged in or out last session or something & indicated I'd have to log in online before it would resume my request to start game so I logged in NOT using the edit launcher method (online) then quit game and yes next time I tried the cmd prompt method it worked offline again SO I believe (hope) if you log in online and it wants to update just cancel before downloads complete it 'should' allow the next offline attempt to go through error free (fingers X-ed) so you can play while waiting for new Script Hook V version.

THIS WILL NOT HELP THOSE WITHOUT INTERNET ACCESS (& I think that F-ing sucks too).

ALSO...
I'm not sure exactly how or if possible to create a shortcut for the cmd execution SO I just created a notepad file on the desktop with the 2 commands so I can just paste them into cmd line 1 at a time [right click on blank area of command window then select paste (keyboard shortcuts won't work)].
So to date that's where I'm at on this subject as I now wait for the trainer update (hopefully the last F-ing time). 
If anyone can expand, exchange, enhance, rebut or refute anything on this subject your input is welcome & appreciated
thx & good luck all

Will this work for Steam?

otto62
  • otto62

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago Edited by otto62, A day ago.

(lower case okay)
Click ENTER then type:

NOTE:

ALSO...
thx & good luck all

Will this work for Steam?

Yes: This should work in Steam, HOWEVER You MUST change the 1st cmd line to the folder location where Steam locates the exe files which should be :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users